HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lines

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Barnaby3636

vCash: 500
Lines

Rucinsky-Nylander-Jagr

Jessiman-Straka-Lundmark

Niminen-Immonen-Purcha

Ward- Moore- Ortmeyer

Tyutin Kasparitas

Poti Malik

Baranka Strudwick

Weekes
Lundquist

Give me yours!

Old
08-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Taz

No Balej?
Jessiman ready?
Kasparitus and Tyutin top pairing?
Baranka ready?
I believe straka is playing with jagr too.

This is what i have got penned in.

Rucinsky - Straka - Jagr
Nylander - Lundmark - Balej (most likely)
Giroux/Prucha - Immonen - Niemenen
Strudwick/Ortmeyer- Betts/Moore/Hollwegg - Murray/Ward

Poti - Malik
Tyutin - Kasparitus
Lampman/Kondratiev/Pock/Rullier/Purinton/Grenier/Struckwick(?)

With this u can eaisly rotate

Rucinsky can play either top 3 lines if someone else prroves they can play top line.

Straka - If he gets injured Nylander can play Top center or they can swap with straka playing LW.

Immonen can start 3rd line and if Jamie crashes either Immonen or Nylander can slide in there. Renney said Lundmark was gunna get top line minutes at center i believe.

Niemenen and Balej can switch if things arnt going well.

and there rest of the spots people are fighting for imo.

I also expect a few people to get a few games near the end of the year

Baranka
Dawes
Jessiman
Montoya (maybe)

and a few that didnt make it straight from camp.

Last edited by Taz: 08-22-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old
08-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Limey FK

Send a message via AIM to Limey FK
I'm hesitant to have 2 rookies on one line. I like to spread it out and have a balanced attack. This is how I would do it, but definately not what I expect it to be:

Prucha, Straka, Jagr
Rucinsky, Nylander, Lundmark
Nieminnen, Immonen, Balej
4th line up for grabs.

Poti, Malik
Kasparitis, Tyutin
Kondratiev, Strudwick/ Lapman/ Pock/ Etc.

Weekes
Lundqvist

editossibly switch Nylander and Jagr

Old
08-22-2005, 04:54 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey FK
I'm hesitant to have 2 rookies on one line. I like to spread it out and have a balanced attack. This is how I would do it, but definately not what I expect it to be:

Prucha, Straka, Jagr
4th line up for grabs.

Poti, Malik
Kasparitis, Tyutin

Weekes
Lundqvist

Not too bad. Keep in mind Rullier and Gillies though because this team will get knocked around.

Old
08-22-2005, 04:58 PM
sickboy35

i would bet the house that jessiman in no way will start with rangers! just can't see it happening, maybe at the end but not the begining!

Old
08-22-2005, 05:01 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey FK

Prucha, Straka, Jagr
4th line up for grabs.

Poti, Malik
Kasparitis, Tyutin

Weekes
Lundqvist

Prucha - Straka - Jagr
Rucinsky - Nylander - Lundmark
Nieminen - Immonen - Balej
Giroux - Murray/Moore - Ward (Gillies, Grenier, Strudwick, inserted vs teams that dress goons)

Kondratiev - Tyutin
Malik - Kasper
Rullier/Lampman - Poti

If injuries, Baranka, Pock will be up on defense, up front, Dawes, Kozak, Hollweg should play at some point in the 05-06 season.

Goalies: Weeks, Lundqvist/Holt/Montoya

Old
08-22-2005, 05:06 PM
eco's bones

It's one thing to be rebuilding and losing a lot and hopefully seeing a lot better work ethic and a lot more passion from our team---it's another thing if they can't defend themselves. In other words I don't want to see a lot of losses where we're run right through the endboards.

Old
08-22-2005, 05:25 PM
CoolDude*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
No Balej?
Jessiman ready?
Kasparitus and Tyutin top pairing?
Baranka ready?
I believe straka is playing with jagr too.

This is what i have got penned in.

Rucinsky - Straka - Jagr
Nylander - Lundmark - Balej (most likely)
Giroux/Prucha - Immonen - Niemenen
Strudwick/Ortmeyer- Betts/Moore/Hollwegg - Murray/Ward

Poti - Malik
Tyutin - Kasparitus
Lampman/Kondratiev/Pock/Rullier/Purinton/Grenier/Struckwick(?)
You don't think that Kaspar and Tyutin should be the top pairing but you think Poti and Malik would be better? That would be the worste pairing ever put together besides the Purinton/Pisa pairing.

Old
08-22-2005, 05:31 PM
AXN

Rucinsky - Straka - Jagr
(Giroux/Hollweg/Prucha)- Nylander - Lundmark
Nieminen - Immonen - (Balej/Prucha)
Murray- Moore - (Ward/Ortmeyer)

Malik Poti
Kondratiev Tyutin
Kasparaitis (Lampman/Purington)

Lundquist
Weeks

Old
08-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Duckman

Oh my God, this team is going to be absolutely pathetic. This could be one of the worst lineups I've ever seen outside of an expansion team. Rangers will definitely be in the lottery drawing for the '06 draft.

Old
08-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Onion Boy

There's a thread already on this topic about half a page down, but anyway I'll cut and paste what I wrote there and add a bit:

Not necessarily what I want, but what I expect:

Prucha-Straka-Jagr
Rucinsky-Nylander-Lundmark
Nieminen-Immonen-Balej
Ortmeyer-Hollweg-Ward

Poti-Malik
Kasparaitis-Tyutin
Rullier-Kondratiev

Lundqvist
Weekes

I expect Renney to try to catch lightening in a bottle with that top line, reuniting the trio that played well together at the WCs. I personally don't think Prucha's ready for top minutes, but I certainly expect that line to play alot in camp. Lundmark will finally get a chance to prove himself on the second line, whether he earns it in camp or not. I expect Lundmark to disappoint again and I wouldn't be suprised to see him gone by the deadline. Immonen will be given a shot to make the club and he'll probably be paired up with fellow Finn Niemo with Balej on the wing. I actually like that third line alot because it's very balanced with a banger, playmaker, and scorer. Hollweg will earn a spot on the fourth line in camp as will Ortmeyer. Jason Ward seems like a Slats project and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on a higher line.

You just wait to see Poti-Malik as the first pair. I guarantee it's gonna happen and it's gonna be hell to watch. Kaspar and Tyutin should make a nice 2nd pair. My understanding was that Rullier has a one-way contract so he should be on the big club as will Kondratiev. Purinton should be the extra if he doesn't disappear in the waiver draft.

I got a gut feeling that Lundqvist will beat out Weekes for the starting job in camp, though how he actually plays during the season is up in the air. I truly believe he's a darkhorse for the Calder, but the Rangers porous defense might make him look worse than he is.

If it were up to me, the lineup would look like this:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Nieminen-Immonen-Balej
Rucinsky-D.Moore-Prucha
Strudwick-Hollweg-Ortmeyer

Poti-Malik
Kasparaitis-Tyutin
Lampman-Kondratiev

Lundqvist
Weekes

Either way we're gonna lose alot of games, but I'd rather give icetime to guys like Moore and Lampman than Lundmark and Rullier, but that's just personal preference.

Old
08-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Balej20*

I'm almost certain the top line will look like this for the start of the season, in fact, i'll put a lot of money on it:

Rucinsky - Straka - Jagr

for the sake of the PP, MAYBE you'll see Prucha upfront with Jagr.

You have a good chance of seeing a line line like this:

Nieminen - Immonen - Prucha

As for the defense pairing of Malik and Poti...well I don't really like Poti, but he can push the puck. And i think you guys are being a little too hard on Malik, he can be a pretty solid defensive defenseman, give him a chance. I also think that by the end of the season, you will see Tytuin and Drats playing together...they just have to step up their intensity, I didn't like what i saw from them in their short stint with the wolfpack this past season.

Old
08-22-2005, 08:30 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
I also think that by the end of the season, you will see Tytuin and Drats playing together...they just have to step up their intensity, I didn't like what i saw from them in their short stint with the wolfpack this past season.
Are you nuts? Tyutin and Kondratiev where the best pair. Wolfpack won 10 straight games opening the season.

Old
08-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN
Are you nuts? Tyutin and Kondratiev where the best pair. Wolfpack won 10 straight games opening the season.
Nah, I don't think I'm nuts. But I think people on here will agree with me that towards the end of their stint, it didn't even look like those two cared about the game. They weren't the only reason the Pack won 10 straight either.

Old
08-22-2005, 08:56 PM
FLYLine24*

Rucinsky - Straka - Jagr
Ortmeyer - Nylander - Balej
Giroux/Prucha - Immonen - Lundmark
Murray - Moore - Ward

Poti - Kasparatis
Tyutin - Kondratiev
Malik - Rullier/Lampman

Weekes
Lundqvist

Old
08-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Rucinsky - Straka - Jagr
Ortmeyer - Nylander - Balej
Giroux/Prucha - Immonen - Lundmark
Murray - Moore - Ward

Poti - Kasparatis
Tyutin - Kondratiev
Malik - Rullier/Lampman

Weekes
Lundqvist

i dont see anyway that renney tries the kasper-poti experiment again since they played awfully together, both pinched too much and had no chemistry, tyutin and kondratiev will not be a pair as well, we arent throwing kids to the wolves

poti will play with a stay at home d-man in malik and kasper will play with tyutin to be his mentor and our shut down defensive pairing, i think kondratiev will make the team im just unsure if they will sign another vet or play him with rullier, purinton or possibly strudwick if we use him as a d-man

the lines i see renney going with

rucinsky-straka-jagr
prucha-nylander-balej
niemmen-immonen-lundmark
murray-moore/betts-ortmeyer

malik-poti
Kasper-tyutin
rullier-kondratiev

weekes-lundqvist

sc: ward, strudwick, purinton

we are a fast team but still really small especially for the east id expect to see some move made at some point for size up front

Old
08-22-2005, 10:17 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

If you broke up the rooks with the vets...and it keeps at least one guy fresh on either PP unit.

Prucha, Straka, Jagr
4th line up for grabs.

I like that 2nd line, id like to see how that combo would work. i think Rucinsky and Nylander could set up Lundmark for some easy goals and possibly help his confidence.

Prob have Ortmeyer taking a shift up front every so often to get some juice going.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 08-22-2005 at 10:23 PM.
Old
08-23-2005, 11:12 AM
JR#9*

Prucha-Straka-Jagr

Let Prucha learn with the big boys...he can be the saftey valve on the line with his wheels and I think if the Mike York like comparisons are true I think he'd compliment these 2 perfectly.

Ruckinsky-Nylander-Balej

With Nylander being a fantastic setup man we have to give Balej a chance to see if he is a sniper or not and playing with these 2 will certainly help us detemine that.Rosie and Balej have great wheels and Rosie's 2 way play anchors the line.

Nieminnen-Immonen-Lundmark

I'm jacked up to see Immonen and what he has and I think pairing him with Nieminnen is a no brainer to start with as he not only brings sandpaper but also good wheels and 2-way play which I think will make Jarkko's transition easier.

I think these 2 will be a great suprise this yr and will exceed expectations.

As for Lundy I think he needs to play on a line like this where hopefully he'll pot some goals with hardwork but more importantly I think with Nieminen on the line they'll be some griity play and I think that Jamie needs to play with alittle aggression if he is going to be an effective player in the NHL.

With his wheels and the new rules I'm hoping Jamie steps up his game on the forecheck where he finishes some checks and creates some turnovers.

I think Jamie will suprise because expectations are so low.Nothing world-beating but I think he'll show he will be a decent 3rd line winger who can pot some goals.

Giroux-Betts-Orts

I think Betts, if he can stay healthy will be a very good 4th line center in the NHL and with Giroux's size and skating and Orts tenacity this can be a very effective energy 4th line.

Poti-Malik

I think this will be the 1st pair or at least the one that plays with Jagr's line and they will really help with the offense from the blueline but really hurt when Jagr's cherrypicking and there pinned in their own zone.

I think Poti will be effective under the new rules and I think he'll bring a nice little return at the deadline when a contender feels they need some additional offense from the blueline.

Tyutin-Kaspar--paired against the other teams top lines I think Fedor will blossom playing with Darius.Physical 2-way play from the 2 of them.Our top pairing w/o a doubt.

Drats-????

I figure Kondratiev is a lock to make the team and I'd love to see Pock up there but he needs a full yr in Hartford to rebound from an injury filled season and to regain his confidence.

I think Drats will gain very valuable playing time and experience while being broken in slowly on the 3rd pairing.

Weekes is another guy who will be more solid than most expect.I think he be very steady under Allaire's guidance.

Lundquist also gets to be broken in slowly and hopefully be yrs end his play dictates that he is splitting time with Weekes.

The team will be a .500 team but obviously it's not going to be about winning this yr.

Despite that I find myself more excited for this season to see what some of these kids will bring and as long as the majority of the young guys respond positively then the season will be a success.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:44 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Nah, I don't think I'm nuts. But I think people on here will agree with me that towards the end of their stint, it didn't even look like those two cared about the game. They weren't the only reason the Pack won 10 straight either.
I agree with Balej20. The games I saw on TV both those guys looked pretty poor. Kondratiev made a couple brutal turnovers.

Old
08-23-2005, 12:13 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Prucha-Straka-Jagr
I'd be vary of penciling in Prucha on the first line. He DOES have size issues and has not stepped a toe onto NHL ice yet. He is not a lock, nor should be considered as one. I would certainly not pencil him in ahead of Balej or Lundmark. Let the best man win, but Prucha has proves less than either of them as of yet.

"Ruckinsky-Nylander-Balej"

Like it or not, I think that Nylander is destined for the top line with Jagr, while Straka will play wing.

"Nieminnen-Immonen-Lundmark"

I actually like this, but Lundmark needs to be give a chance in camp to play on the 2nd line. This is his do or die time. Immonen has some skating issues and does not initiate body contact. He is a bery big question mark, IMO.

"Giroux-Betts-Orts"

I think that Murray needs to be in the mix for here. Ormeyer......we all love his hustle, but in reality he (at least SO FAR) is nothing but a fringe player.

Jr,
You are aware that these forward lines will not survive long? They are going to get killed in the bigger, physical East? I like some of your combos, but IMO, unless some type of enforce and another banger is added to the mix, the kids are going to be mauled on a nightly basis.

"Poti-Malik"

Malik is a 3rd pair defenseman at best. Playing him on the top line will overexpose him.

"Tyutin-Kaspar"

I actually thought that Tyutin will play w/ Poti and Malik (while still not a top 4 d-man) would play w/ Kasper.

Drats-????

I would let Lampman and Pock fight it out for this spot.

Old
08-23-2005, 01:01 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
i didn't see the wolfpack, but was it possible that those 2 were just like other europeans who loathe the ahl and just wanted to be in europe against higher competition?

Old
08-23-2005, 03:44 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCaptain11
i didn't see the wolfpack, but was it possible that those 2 were just like other europeans who loathe the ahl and just wanted to be in europe against higher competition?
That's exactly what it was (hopefully). But what does that say about their character? If you start taking nights off now, whats gonna happen when these guys get comfortable on a team? It's just a bad habit to get into at this stage of their careers.

Old
08-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude
You don't think that Kaspar and Tyutin should be the top pairing but you think Poti and Malik would be better? That would be the worste pairing ever put together besides the Purinton/Pisa pairing.

Simply Tyutin after 20 games is still not ready for first line minutes, i certainly would like to see him there later on in the season/ next season.

Kasparitus he proven he cannot handle 1st pairing minutes, looking for the big hit i love his game but i cant see him really be used there. but on the second pairing would be a gret mentor to Tyutin/Kondratiev.

Poti is going to play First pairing i didnt say i liked it, he has the most offence increased his streangth in the off season adding 10 pounds in muscle(rumor)
He can skate and pass well enough so i think hes gunna be there.

Malik i think is more defensivly sound then Kasparitus and has better size again i'd much prefer him on a lower pairing but hes probably the second best guy for the job right now.

Old
08-23-2005, 04:32 PM
eco's bones

Straka/Jagr/Prucha
Nylander/Balej/Rucinsky
Immonen/Lundmark/Nieminen
Moore or Betts/Ortmeyer/Giroux
Gillies or Ward as the other spare.

Poti/Malik
Kaspar/Tyutin
Kondratiev/Rullier
Lampman

D--needs to be worked out who plays what side. Right now the only ones I can see using with Poti are Malik and Tyutin and I'd rather have Tyutin as the puck mover on another pairing.

Weekes
Lundqvist

Others to consider: Strudwick, Purinton, Pock, Hollweg, Murray, Montoya, Holt and Wiseman. Jessiman and Dawes maybe sometime during the season.

Old
08-23-2005, 11:42 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Why doesn't anyone put Nylander with Jagr? I thought the main reason they signed Nylander was because he had such great chemistry with Jagr in Wash. I thought maybe the 1st line would be
Straka-Nylander Jagr. I don't think Straka has played center in a while.

Closed Thread