HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dan Girardi

Old
06-07-2011, 08:24 AM
WillW12

vCash: 500
Dan Girardi

Just seeing what ya'll think he would fetch if the Rangers were to put him on the block.

WillW12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Its not the right time to look to trade Girardi yet, and i think itl be next year that he is shopped around depending upong how well our young up and coming, talented blueliners pan out.

But i believe it would be something along the lines of Girardi, a pick, and a good prospect like MZA for a player like Patrick Sharp.

I dont think Girardi will be moved for anything but a 1st line foward

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillW12 View Post
Just seeing what ya'll think he would fetch if the Rangers were to put him on the block.
A lot more than what people here would be willing to spend.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:15 AM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
A lot more than what people here would be willing to spend.
Yep.

The Rangers wouldn't be trading him the HF's classic quantity/quality method. They'd be adding to him for an improvement of the blueline, or for a 1st line forward. And, the time to that would be next offseason, when the Rangers have a better idea of where they're at with Erixon, Del Zotto, and McIlrath.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:26 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Girardi, Grachev, Weise, #106

for

Hemsky, #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Its not the right time to look to trade Girardi yet, and i think itl be next year that he is shopped around depending upong how well our young up and coming, talented blueliners pan out.

But i believe it would be something along the lines of Girardi, a pick, and a good prospect like MZA for a player like Patrick Sharp.

I'm so torn on this. The end of this year you could really see how critical he was. You could see he can be one of those role guys that make the impact during a deep playoff run. A playoff run that I would hope to see in the 2011-12 season, if the Rangers acquired Richards. This would surely send his stock sky high, 2 years left on his contract, MDZ turns it around, Vtank up, Kundrateck filled out....time would be perfect.

Now we get Erixon...OMG...wet my pants...son of Jan Erixon...OMG...wanted the rangers to draft him years ago...OMG OMG OMG!!!! He's lanky but NHL ready more than anyone defender we've seen before, more than McDonagh, he's going to step right in. That gives us 5 defenders right away. 4 between the age of 24 and 20, insane.

Girardi is the overager at 27. MDZ had a stellar rookie year and a terrible sophomore slump. We've got 2 veterans in McCabe and Eminger who can slip in at the #7 spot because neither wants to play anywhere else.

Now isn't the time. But at the end of camp? If Vtank and MDZ look good on the 3rd pair and Erixon looks good playing with Staal like I believe they all will and McCabe is nestled nicely as the 7th veteran defender, Kundratek is our next callup from Hartford Pashnin and Parlett behind him then yeah, I move him for that top end winger.

The problem is teams rosters and caps are set by camp and clubs want to make changes during the offseason so if you're fairly certain MDZ is going to return to his rookie form, Vtank can take the step up to the NHL, Erixon is ready as everyone in the NHL believes he is, McCabe and Eminger are fallbacks at the ready then yeah, maybe now is the time, because his stock is pretty high right now.

If all you do is replace Girardi with Erixon, you drop your cap hit by 1.575 million, add a more mobile defender to your blueline and can add an offensive forward while you're at it.

Adding Erixon makes it time.

Erixon Staal
McD Sauer
Vtank MDZ
McCabe

Kundratek
Pashnin Parlett

Last edited by vipernsx: 06-07-2011 at 11:41 AM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:26 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post

Sorry but Girardi alone should get a Patrick Sharp kind of player.

If I had to part with more, then I am keeping Girardi.

I'd do Girardi and MZA for Clowe, but that's about it.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I don't think he should even be mentioned in trade rumors. He's proven he should be here in NY. Eats more pucks than any other memebr of the team and most importantly...He and Staal are not together for what 3 seasons? Something to be said about keeping defensive pairing together especially when they are as young as these two are and know each others games in and out. Individually, they are an all-star and a a very good defensive minder defenseman. As a pair they are excellent. Why fix what's not broken?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:36 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

That's not a bad offer but Clowe is simply not available at this point. His salary vs his production (and his leadership) makes him one of the most valuable players on the team.

We would be looking to move Heatley, Mitchell, and possibly Vlasic for the right d-man. Prospects and picks are always available.

Heatley to the Rangers would be interesting in fact since Rangers had interest in him and Rangers were on his list of teams at the time. I think he would serve you better than Gaborik.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:05 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

I'm a huge Clowe fan but I'm not doing that deal. Girardi for Clowe is almost even up IMO, very similar players but one is a forward and the other is a defender. Clowe's offense is inflated by who he playes with. 24, 19, 22 goals, sure...near 40 assists...I dunno if he's that much of a play maker. Anywhere else he's a 22g 25-30 assist guy. A lot like Brandon Dubinsky if you ask me.

Old
06-07-2011, 12:18 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I'm a huge Clowe fan but I'm not doing that deal. Girardi for Clowe is almost even up IMO, very similar players but one is a forward and the other is a defender. Clowe's offense is inflated by who he playes with. 24, 19, 22 goals, sure...near 40 assists...I dunno if he's that much of a play maker. Anywhere else he's a 22g 25-30 assist guy. A lot like Brandon Dubinsky if you ask me.
Clowe is first and foremost a playmaker. He also has an excellent shot and incredibly soft hands for a big man. He tends to play with good linemates (Couture, Pavelski, Seto) but I would feel pretty confident in saying he is as much a part of their success as they are of his.

Clowe is the kind of guy that can do whatever you need him to do whenever you need him to do it. He's a warrior, and a hell of a player. I like Girardi, a lot, but Clowe is just too important to this team.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:38 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Clowe is first and foremost a playmaker. He also has an excellent shot and incredibly soft hands for a big man. He tends to play with good linemates (Couture, Pavelski, Seto) but I would feel pretty confident in saying he is as much a part of their success as they are of his.

Clowe is the kind of guy that can do whatever you need him to do whenever you need him to do it. He's a warrior, and a hell of a player. I like Girardi, a lot, but Clowe is just too important to this team.
I can respect that, like I said, I'm a huge Clowe fan. I'm also a huge Girardi fan. The only reason why I'd even entertain the idea of moving him, is because the Rangers are ridiculously stacked on defense with a gluttonous amount of youth. I truly see Clowe as a tougher version of Dubinsky and I wouldn't trade Dubinsky for the world, you just don't move guys like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I don't think he should even be mentioned in trade rumors. He's proven he should be here in NY. Eats more pucks than any other memebr of the team and most importantly...He and Staal are not together for what 3 seasons? Something to be said about keeping defensive pairing together especially when they are as young as these two are and know each others games in and out. Individually, they are an all-star and a a very good defensive minder defenseman. As a pair they are excellent. Why fix what's not broken?
Trust in Gordie Clark and Jim Scheonfeld! Believe in the future! Imagine Girardi playing the left side with a Russian accent.
http://theahl.com/valentenko-a-prime...locker-p170815
Quote:
As Adam readied to fire from about 10 feet in front, the thought of scoring very much in his head, Valentenko dove across the crease and took Adam’s laser to the abdomen. The gritty Russian keeled over in pain from the shock of the shot...

Valentenko began to try to refine his instincts at his first Montreal Canadiens training camp in 2007 when several media members said he reminded them of Volchenkov...

‘Tank’ plays a lot like Volchenkov,” Redden said.

Last edited by vipernsx: 06-07-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old
06-07-2011, 01:42 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I can respect that, like I said, I'm a huge Clowe fan. I'm also a huge Girardi fan. The only reason why I'd even entertain the idea of moving him, is because the Rangers are ridiculously stacked on defense with a gluttonous amount of youth. I truly see Clowe as a tougher version of Dubinsky and I wouldn't trade Dubinsky for the world, you just don't move guys like that.
I was more wondering if the Rangers might have interest in Heatley. Gaborik didn't get the job done, and obviously the rangers are looking to get Richards. A top line of Gaborik - Richards - Heatley would be a vast improvement. Would the Rangers consider sending Girardi back for Heatley if we took Drury off your hands? That would allow the Rangers to afford that line.

Something like:

Heatley, Vlasic, SJ 1st
for
Girardi, Drury, NYR 1st

Is that reasonable?

Old
06-07-2011, 01:46 PM
coolstorybro

as a devils fan - please trade him!

coolstorybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:51 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
I was more wondering if the Rangers might have interest in Heatley. Gaborik didn't get the job done, and obviously the rangers are looking to get Richards. A top line of Gaborik - Richards - Heatley would be a vast improvement. Would the Rangers consider sending Girardi back for Heatley if we took Drury off your hands? That would allow the Rangers to afford that line.

Something like:

Heatley, Vlasic, SJ 1st
for
Girardi, Drury, NYR 1st

Is that reasonable?
I don't want Heatley anywhere near our young guys.
Gaborik had 40+ goals last year and still was second in points with Erik LOL Christensen as his center this year. I think it was an off year more than him not being able to do the job. If we get a Richards-calibre center and he still doesn't produce, I'll get worried.

Having said that, I don't think its bad value at all. I just don't like Heatley.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:52 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
I was more wondering if the Rangers might have interest in Heatley.
No, not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolstorybro View Post
as a devils fan - please trade him!
On second thought maybe we should keep Girardi around. lol

Old
06-07-2011, 01:54 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

He's worth alot more to the Rangers than he is to any other team in the league

GordieHoweHatTrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Zip15

I've long said I'd love to have him on the Sabres. I was shocked at some of the complaining by Rangers fans after he got his current contract. Unfortunately, Buffalo either doesn't have the assets necessary to acquire him, or would be unwilling to deal NYR what they'd want for him.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Yea I also would love to have Clowe on the team but I understand why SJ wouldn't want to deal him.

I want nothing to do with Heatley. He is a cancer to the team and shouldn't be responsible for being the veteran leadership for our youth

06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I've long said I'd love to have him on the Sabres. I was shocked at some of the complaining by Rangers fans after he got his current contract. Unfortunately, Buffalo either doesn't have the assets necessary to acquire him, or would be unwilling to deal NYR what they'd want for him.
We could always take that Tyler Ennis scrub off your hands

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
Yea I also would love to have Clowe on the team but I understand why SJ wouldn't want to deal him.

I want nothing to do with Heatley. He is a cancer to the team and shouldn't be responsible for being the veteran leadership for our youth
Understand why you wouldn't want Heater on your team but I wouldn't call him a cancer. There's been no issues so far with him for the past 2 seasons he's been with the Sharks. Could be b/c the media is much less intrusive on the players than Ottawa media was/is.

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
We could always take that Tyler Ennis scrub off your hands
I'd honestly think about it if both Girardi and Myers didn't play the same side. Girardi would be an excellent partner for Myers. Alas, they're both righties...

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 02:03 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I don't want Heatley anywhere near our young guys.
Gaborik had 40+ goals last year and still was second in points with Erik LOL Christensen as his center this year. I think it was an off year more than him not being able to do the job. If we get a Richards-calibre center and he still doesn't produce, I'll get worried.

Having said that, I don't think its bad value at all. I just don't like Heatley.
You sound like you are basing that off a lot of hate here on these boards.

Heatley has been a perfect gentlemen and by all reports a great teammate since he arrived here. We have not heard one single report of any issues what-so-ever and he has played well. He had a broken hand this year, and the entire team was down scoring wise (Heatley was only 9 points back from the lead, Marleau).

We want to move him only because his skill-set is redundant here, and he hasn't really 'fit in'. Plus we would like to get less top-heavy and Heatley is the easiest to move.

Anyway, I understand if you guys don't want to move Girardi, I was just trying to help both teams. I think it's a trade that would actually make both team's better, which is always nice.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:07 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilligans Island View Post
Understand why you wouldn't want Heater on your team but I wouldn't call him a cancer. There's been no issues so far with him for the past 2 seasons he's been with the Sharks. Could be b/c the media is much less intrusive on the players than Ottawa media was/is.
You're right, it could be because the media is less intrusive in SJ. But I also don't like how he seems to crumble under pressure. I also don't really like the person he is and would have nightmares with him and the NY media. It would be a PR disaster and I can see it already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I'd honestly think about it if both Girardi and Myers didn't play the same side. Girardi would be an excellent partner for Myers. Alas, they're both righties...
I would definitely do something like that. I know Ennis is a center but he's the type of person that if we acquired him I would throw him right now the top line LW spot with Gaborik and potentially Richards. That's the type of player I see he could be.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
hockeyball

Fair enough.

Better response than I expected. Wasn't sure how desperate you guys were to get rid of Drury.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:34 PM
magic school bus

yeah, Heatley is doing fine here because of less media. NY would be just like Ottawa (maybe worse for Heater) and that could be a problem. my issue with him is only based on his on-ice production.

i can understand NY fans not wanting to go down that road though.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote