HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Minnesota And It's Fans (Ottawa Senators PoV)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2011, 12:06 PM
  #1
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,685
vCash: 500
Minnesota And It's Fans (Ottawa Senators PoV)

On behalf of the Ottawa Senators I'd like to take this time to praise what a wonderful fan base you guys are... Even with the lack of posters, You're board is still filled with great threads and posts.. and your moral is always high and you have a great hockey team to watch. Ottawa Fans have also been blessed with Minnesota talent.

i.e. Brian Lee

We took a leap of faith and took this virtually unknown high school out of Minny and drafted him in the 1st round.. He has started to come into his own on our Defensive Corps even through the mismanagement of his playing career... Once a waive wire candidate he has finally solidified himself after this season.


GopherState.... One of the best Global Mods out there... You should be proud to have him.


Mikko Koivu... One of my favorite Captains after our own Daniel Alfredsson.


You are all fine citizen's of this hockey board... and I shall be honoured to serve you throughout this off-season!

__________________
Marty Straka
Twitter: @JT_YosH
Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:14 PM
  #2
BuddyMcCormick
Registered User
 
BuddyMcCormick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,635
vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
On behalf of the Ottawa Senators I'd like to take this time to praise what a wonderful fan base you guys are... Even with the lack of posters, You're board is still filled with great threads and posts.. and your moral is always high and you have a great hockey team to watch. Ottawa Fans have also been blessed with Minnesota talent.

i.e. Brian Lee

We took a leap of faith and took this virtually unknown high school out of Minny and drafted him in the 1st round.. He has started to come into his own on our Defensive Corps even through the mismanagement of his playing career... Once a waive wire candidate he has finally solidified himself after this season.


GopherState.... One of the best Global Mods out there... You should be proud to have him.


Mikko Koivu... One of my favorite Captains after our own Daniel Alfredsson.


You are all fine citizen's of this hockey board... and I shall be honoured to serve you throughout this off-season!
Oh come on! At least make the lies believable! We may be from Minnesota but we're not stoopid.

BuddyMcCormick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:17 PM
  #3
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 20,726
vCash: 50


er...thanks. and you're welcome!

what do you want?

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:17 PM
  #4
GopherState
Repeat Offender...
 
GopherState's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: X Marks The Spot
Posts: 22,719
vCash: 500
I expect long posts, stories, songs sonnets and maybe even a limerick or two.

__________________
Blog: First Round Bust: A Cast of Thousands celebrating a rather dodgy track record of Minnesota Wild Drafting.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:22 PM
  #5
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Oh come on! At least make the lies believable! We may be from Minnesota but we're not stoopid.
What is there not to like?

Mikko Koivu is one of the best Captains in the league..
Brent Burns is finally showing he's an all-star worthy Defensemen
Nicklas Backstrom is an excellent Goaltender along with Harding
You have great prospects like Gralund and Cuma..

You have the foundation for a great hockey team.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:25 PM
  #6
Caior89
Registered User
 
Caior89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Brazil
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 353
Bem Vindo!

Caior89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:25 PM
  #7
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
I'll be impressed when joe schmoe sens fan start adding to the thread, not the one who sold his soul for the offseason to us...

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:32 PM
  #8
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,857
vCash: 325
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Welcome!

Great post.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:58 PM
  #9
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Lehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,450
vCash: 50
I like your football team, Adrian Peterson is a beast.

I would kill to have clutterbuck on ottawa, would you take foligno for him?

Cullen helped us for a bit..

But what I like most about your hockey team, is you have my favourite ex-Sen Havlat

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:00 PM
  #10
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter
 
Marvelous Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,957
vCash: 50
I come here as the assistant to the regional manager of the Ottawa Senators dispersal draft team.

I can honestly say that the Minnesota Wild are my 3rd favourite team, behind only the Senators and the LA Kings.

Here are some reasons why Minnesota is awesome:

-Mikko Koivu, like MS said, the 2nd best captain in the league
-Martin Havlat, a former Senator and elite winger
-Brent Burns, tore it up for me on my fantasy team this year
-Mall of America, been there and it's massive as ****
-Minnesota Twins, good Canadian boy Morneau (sorry about the team sucking)
-I'm pretty sure there is a relation to Sweden in Minneapolis, and us Senators loves them Swedes



To

Cal Clutterbuck
Martin Havlat

To

2011 NAS 1st Round Pick
Filip Kuba




Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:07 PM
  #11
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
I'm related to Finns not Swedes...

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:20 PM
  #12
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,685
vCash: 500
Oh yea.. I forgot about that I am a die hard Minnesota Vikings Fan

I have an Adrian Peterson jersey, Jared Allen, and Randy Moss ()

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
  #13
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 50
Major win there! Trade in your Moss jersey for Cris Carter and your golden!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 03:47 PM
  #14
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,327
vCash: 2391
One man GDT was one of the most epic things I've ever seen on HF. Kudos to GopherState and the other Wild fans who made it happen by not posting. Also, huge props to Fel for all the YT uploads!
Burns, Havlat, PMB, Koivu, Cullen, Zanon, Clutterbuck, Backstrom, Harding... like them all.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 04:32 PM
  #15
hockeyalltheway
Moderator
You can't do that!
 
hockeyalltheway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,182
vCash: 611
Minnesota's got the best third jersey in the league. I'd kill to have a Backstrom one.

I also think you guys get horribly underrated, year after year. You have the flash (Koivu, Havlat, PMB) but you're very Nashvillesque in the sense that your team grinds out hard wins. I have mad respect for that, and specifically for a player like Greg Zanon.

But the biggest win to Minnesota's gotta be the fans. I've yet to speak to a Minny fan I didn't like even somewhat. Whether that's because y'all are classy as hell, or because you're not needlessly arrogant, I'm not sure. In either case, it's a huge breath of fresh air around these boards.

There does exist a hockey team called the Wild
And though many a few claim their fans to be mild,
They'll scream and they'll fight
Be bold (but not bite)
Until your team's name and rep has been defiled.

Boom. Limerick'd.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
  #16
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 22,801
vCash: 500
Frankly I'm surprised the Minnesota ego stroking wasn't worth all our draft picks We Minnesotans love it when other people give us the time of day.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 04:43 PM
  #17
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Frankly I'm surprised the Minnesota ego stroking wasn't worth all our draft picks We Minnesotans love it when other people give us the time of day.
Indeed.

__________________

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 04:54 PM
  #18
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Minnesota's got the best third jersey in the league. I'd kill to have a Backstrom one.

I also think you guys get horribly underrated, year after year. You have the flash (Koivu, Havlat, PMB) but you're very Nashvillesque in the sense that your team grinds out hard wins. I have mad respect for that, and specifically for a player like Greg Zanon.

But the biggest win to Minnesota's gotta be the fans. I've yet to speak to a Minny fan I didn't like even somewhat. Whether that's because y'all are classy as hell, or because you're not needlessly arrogant, I'm not sure. In either case, it's a huge breath of fresh air around these boards.

There does exist a hockey team called the Wild
And though many a few claim their fans to be mild,
They'll scream and they'll fight
Be bold (but not bite)
Until your team's name and rep has been defiled.

Boom. Limerick'd.
I can't remember any limericks off the top of my head, but if I could, this one would beat it hands down.

EDIT: I just thought of one, and yours is still better...

Engebretson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 05:37 PM
  #19
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 17,880
vCash: 500
Even me? :p

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 05:40 PM
  #20
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,853
vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
One man GDT was one of the most epic things I've ever seen on HF. Kudos to GopherState and the other Wild fans who made it happen by not posting. .
Um, I think GopherState was about the only Wild fan posting regularly at that time. If us others weren't posting, it was because of apathy. Actually, that thread was like those electroshock things that paramedics use to bring patients back from the dead; it brought this forum back to life, and I agree that while we may not be numerous, there is definitely a quality over quantity thing going on here.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:04 PM
  #21
Avder
Moderator
Is only game.
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moorhead, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 27,816
vCash: 50
One man GDT? Linky?

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:12 PM
  #22
melinko
Registered User
 
melinko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 3,519
vCash: 2551
I wouldn't be here if Gopher didn't one man GDT, I would still be lurking.

Gopher is a real go-getter lol.

melinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:19 PM
  #23
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem
 
this providence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Here's what Gopher is best known for...

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:23 PM
  #24
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,857
vCash: 325
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Only happened once.

What a great news...

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:34 PM
  #25
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,652
vCash: 50
minnesota hockey fans are awesome. There's a reason you guys are called the state of hockey.

forgive me if i continue to hate you all for the next few hours, however, as this AHL final still has to be decided.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.