HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Kirk Muller be signed by another team?

Old
06-06-2011, 10:14 AM
MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Habs should promise to give Kirk the head coaching position in a year (is that when Martin's contract end?).
Y'know, maybe it's just me, but I'm not at all convinced Kirk Muller will be a great head coach. I'm not getting the same vibe I was getting from Boucher.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
It's not going to happen because of the language issue so you can forget about that. Muller will be gone
Whenever I hear we'll lose somebody talented in our org over this I cringe a little bit.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:47 AM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Y'know, maybe it's just me, but I'm not at all convinced Kirk Muller will be a great head coach. I'm not getting the same vibe I was getting from Boucher.
I agree. He's never been a head coach. He doesn't have his own system. He doesn't have an assistant that he's worked with that can slip into a role and compliment him well.

Boucher has been a head coach before he was hired with the Lightening. He brought in his 2 assistants from Hamilton to support him but Boucher / Yzerman also brought in Wayne Flemming who has over 30 years of coaching experience including over 10 in the NHL as an assistant coach.

Muller really needs to go to a developing team like Ottawa or somewhere where he can be given some breathing room before results are expected. NJ isn't the right fit for him imo, down the stretch last year, they proved that they are a playoff contention team.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
I'm sure Boucher is a great coach but it sure helped to have Stamkos,Lecavalier, St louis and Hedman on the same team.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
We are slowly becoming the Leafs. 18 years without a Cup for either the Habs or the Leafs.
Yeah, because we keep blowing our prospects, picks and budget on players past their primes while trying frantically to get a cup at all costs for years on end.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Bobs your uncle

Craig Mactavish is the front-runner for the Stars head coaching position.

Bobs your uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:42 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobs your uncle View Post
Craig Mactavish is the front-runner for the Stars head coaching position.
Good, I hope he gets it. He's a smart guy, a winner and a leader. The Edmonton '06 run was fantastic and he was put into a **** situation after with a depleted team and mismanaged assets.

He'll do well in Dallas, that is if Dumbo the GM doesn't make more bad moves. I swear, Joe Nieuwendyk is going to be the end of Dallas.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Good, I hope he gets it. He's a smart guy, a winner and a leader. The Edmonton '06 run was fantastic and he was put into a **** situation after with a depleted team and mismanaged assets.

He'll do well in Dallas, that is if Dumbo the GM doesn't make more bad moves. I swear, Joe Nieuwendyk is going to be the end of Dallas.
I like MacTavish too.... I hope he finds work. MacTavish and Muller seem plar oposites to me. The classic stern discipinarian type vs. the players coach.

pls let us keep Cap'n Kirk

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Classified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I'm sure Boucher is a great coach but it sure helped to have Stamkos,Lecavalier, St louis and Hedman on the same team.
I just hate when I see people talk about how great the mgmt/coaching team have been in Tampa, they walked into a gold mine. I think they have done an adequate job, but I really think that a lot of people could have taken them to the 3rd round.

I don't hate Boucher and wouldn't have minded him coming to the Habs, but I don't think he was going to win a cup here right away as people think.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified View Post
I just hate when I see people talk about how great the mgmt/coaching team have been in Tampa, they walked into a gold mine. I think they have done an adequate job, but I really think that a lot of people could have taken them to the 3rd round.

I don't hate Boucher and wouldn't have minded him coming to the Habs, but I don't think he was going to win a cup here right away as people think.
I agree...especially some of the morons in the media...Let's see a star studded team goes further than another team without those stars and missing Markov Pacioretty Gorges and to a certain extent Wisniewski also...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:29 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

STARS PROMOTE MINOR-LEAGUER GULUTZAN TO HEAD COACH

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369215

guess Kirk not going to dallas

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:57 PM
WestIslander

FYI: Just found out that Muller's house is for sale in Beaconsfield

It's almost 100% sure that he is gone!

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 12:59 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post

Muller might be willing to be head coach in AHL instead of being assistant at NHL level.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
shakenbake7

Quote:

I said it a while ago; the guy is likely the next head coach of the New Jersey Devils with Big Bird as his lead assistant.

Why am I convinced?

1) Met Kirk after the playoffs ended and he told he he'd love to stay in Montreal, but the moment he's offered a head coaching gig, he's taking it.

2) Mutual friend who speaks to him daily dropped the nugget above a few weeks ago re: NJ.

shakenbake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:25 PM
llamateizer

Quote:

Selling your house != moving from the city
but thanks for the info ^^
can't say 100% sure

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:56 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

I don't see why everybody thought he was a goner, and how people in the media/on this board got started with all this "overpraising" of Muller. He's a good communicator and a good guy to have in a lockerroom, because of past experiences and good relations with other players. That being said, I find it ridiculous how people started to praise him for our system and our style in the last 2 years, when he clearly didn't have that good of an influence on these two aspects under Carbonneau. Martin and Pearn is an old combination and have proven to be effective together once before. Muller is a good ingredient to have in there, but those who want him to take over as a head coach and who are saying he's a great head coach should settle down. There's a HUGE difference between being a HC and an AC.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:

Couldn't he take it off the market if a job doesn't come up? It could just be trying to get ahead of the game if he does move.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 07:04 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Muller might be willing to be head coach in AHL instead of being assistant at NHL level.
If he doesn't get an offer this summer, I think he needs to take a head coaching job in the AHL if he ever wants to become an NHL head coach. In fact, I think he should do it regardless for the experience before taking on a NHL job.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 11:45 AM
habs93

Muller was on the ice this week at The Habs development camp so he may still come back as an assistant coach or is he just honouring his contract till June 30 ?

habs93 is offline   Reply With Quote