HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Atlanta Thrasher Fan Dispersal Draft - Welcome Sunshine36616!

Old
06-07-2011, 02:10 AM
alanschu

vCash: 500
This is ridiculously awesome and frankly, I hope you continue to cheer for the Oilers after this!

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 02:19 AM
TimeForAnOilChange
From OTTERS 2 OILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill22 View Post
The Oilers are loveable losers right now - well, most of em - it shouldn't take you too long to get a couple favourites - we've progressed from (mostly) boring uninspired losses, to (mostly) pretty entertaining hockey
Yup, get ready to watch some "exciting last place hockey" sunshine...welcome to the board, actually our teams have a few things in common....we have both been rebuilding forever and neither team has made the playoffs much in the past decade (come to think of it, you actually got downgraded by being picked by us, since we are a perennial 30th overall nowadays )...our "playoffs" nowadays happens around the end of June, right after the real playoffs end. And you must immediately pledge allegiance to hate the Canucks and their fans to be a true Oiler fan.

Oh, and thanks for being a good sport about the whole thing, even though we in Canada are all happy to have Winnipeg back in the league, it really has nothing to do with being "anti-American" so much as it's "anti-Bettman"...i'm pretty sure if Winnipeg and Quebec City never lost their teams to American cities, there would be nobody in Canada that would be choked about Bettmans "southern experiment", and we feel for the real hockey fans in Atlanta for losing your team, but at the same time, we are really excited about having another Canadian rival in the league, i hope Thrasher fans can eventually accept that and not hate us "hosers" for having that opinion.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 02:19 AM
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

vCash: 102
we're happy to have you.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 04:34 AM
40oz

Photo blog? Link?

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 05:07 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Welcome sunshine you have a great smile

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Sunshine36616

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
Welcome aboard! I'm very sorry that you lost your team, and I'm even sorrier that you're now stuck cheering for our miserable outfit, but as they say, misery loves company.
Thank you! At least we know this miserable outfit isn't going anywhere. Also, the Atlanta Spirit is not involved, so I have hight hopes. I love Kool Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForAnOilChange View Post
Yup, get ready to watch some "exciting last place hockey" sunshine...welcome to the board, actually our teams have a few things in common....we have both been rebuilding forever and neither team has made the playoffs much in the past decade (come to think of it, you actually got downgraded by being picked by us, since we are a perennial 30th overall nowadays )...our "playoffs" nowadays happens around the end of June, right after the real playoffs end. And you must immediately pledge allegiance to hate the Canucks and their fans to be a true Oiler fan.

Oh, and thanks for being a good sport about the whole thing, even though we in Canada are all happy to have Winnipeg back in the league, it really has nothing to do with being "anti-American" so much as it's "anti-Bettman"...i'm pretty sure if Winnipeg and Quebec City never lost their teams to American cities, there would be nobody in Canada that would be choked about Bettmans "southern experiment", and we feel for the real hockey fans in Atlanta for losing your team, but at the same time, we are really excited about having another Canadian rival in the league, i hope Thrasher fans can eventually accept that and not hate us "hosers" for having that opinion.
I was thinking the same thing, we do have a lot in common, lol. You know I have no problem with Canadians or Winnipeg. For more reasons than just hockey, I'd like to one day move to Canada. Not sure if I can handle the winters though lol. We have had some real insensitive ********* come on our board and the main Thrashers boards. Those are the jerks I hate. I also hate hearing "you don't deserve a team/hockey doesn't belong there." What happened to "hockey is for everyone?" What happened to growing the game? Youth hockey was really taking off here, I think that growth will be stunted now. We have the Gladiators in a suburb (ECHL) so I could see youth hockey continuing in Gwinnett but not so much in Atlanta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Photo blog? Link?
Oh yes, sorry. This is my beloved (by me) photo blog:
http://gettingpucksdeep.blogspot.com/

I started it to show my hockey pictures to some friends on a scrapbooking message board (see I AM a girl) the pictures I took at a game. I didn't show it to my hockey friends because I figured the would laugh. They probably are, but it keeps me amused.

I have limited info on the Oilers there as since I've been taking pictures (3 seasons) I've only seen them once. I was lucky enough to get to see them practice, detailed here:
http://gettingpucksdeep.blogspot.com...on-oilers.html

This is my post from the game. One of the nastier opposing fans I've dealt with was an Oiler fan. I got into it with him at the post game show. I told him to go back to his frozen **** hole, so appolgies for that that general sweeping statement. I'm hoping to learn more about the city and province as well.
http://gettingpucksdeep.blogspot.com...ashers-vs.html

And surprisingly, one of the only blog issues I had was with an Oiler fan who stole my favorite picture of Marty Reasoner. After that I started watermarking them, so I guess you could say the Oilers had a significant change on my blog even then

Sorry for the late response, I'm in the Eastern Time Zone (which I despise). I will have to work to keep up on the Oilers games sometimes, but it will be worth it!

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 07:39 AM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post

I started it to show my hockey pictures to some friends on a scrapbooking message board (see I AM a girl) the pictures I took at a game. I didn't show it to my hockey friends because I figured the would laugh. They probably are, but it keeps me amused.

I have limited info on the Oilers there as since I've been taking pictures (3 seasons) I've only seen them once. I was lucky enough to get to see them practice, detailed here:
Awesome pictures!

Quote:
This is my post from the game. One of the nastier opposing fans I've dealt with was an Oiler fan. I got into it with him at the post game show. I told him to go back to his frozen **** hole, so appolgies for that that general sweeping statement. I'm hoping to learn more about the city and province as well.
Hahaha, You'll fit it just fine

Quote:
And surprisingly, one of the only blog issues I had was with an Oiler fan who stole my favorite picture of Marty Reasoner. After that I started watermarking them, so I guess you could say the Oilers had a significant change on my blog even then

Sorry for the late response, I'm in the Eastern Time Zone (which I despise). I will have to work to keep up on the Oilers games sometimes, but it will be worth it!
I think Oilers fan's need a Bring Back Marty petition/rally soon. That picture is classic Reasoner.

40oz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 07:45 AM
TimeForAnOilChange
From OTTERS 2 OILERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
Thank you! At least we know this miserable outfit isn't going anywhere. Also, the Atlanta Spirit is not involved, so I have hight hopes. I love Kool Aid!

I was thinking the same thing, we do have a lot in common, lol. You know I have no problem with Canadians or Winnipeg. For more reasons than just hockey, I'd like to one day move to Canada. Not sure if I can handle the winters though lol. We have had some real insensitive ********* come on our board and the main Thrashers boards. Those are the jerks I hate. I also hate hearing "you don't deserve a team/hockey doesn't belong there." What happened to "hockey is for everyone?" What happened to growing the game? Youth hockey was really taking off here, I think that growth will be stunted now. We have the Gladiators in a suburb (ECHL) so I could see youth hockey continuing in Gwinnett but not so much in Atlanta.

Yeah, i doubt you would like the winters up here lol. I think one of the big problems with a 30 team league is that almost half of the teams miss the playoffs every year....to me, thats not a very good business model, especially if it's many of the same teams missing the playoffs for 4,5,6+ years, its no wonder hockey isnt flourishing in the south (although Phoenix should have lost their team before anybody else, since they have made it the last 2 years and still cant draw a full house on a consistent basis, never mind that they get their tickets/parking/food virtually for free down there).

I have a coworker that played in the ECHL probably 15 years ago or so, i think he played in Houston and Florida, not sure if he played around that area, i'll ask him this week. His brother played in the NHL for a few years too, and he played a few games for the Jets in their last year there, and from what i was told, it definitely is friggin cold there, as advertised lol...doubt the ex-Thrasher players will enjoy that too much after being spoiled in Hotlanta.

I read some of your blog, very entertaining (and informative about the ASG)....laughed at the er, Winnipeg sign that you were holding. I see what you did there lol.

Anyhoo, hope you feel at home on our board asap, you will see a lot of bickering between Oiler fans on here, pay no attention (or feel free to join in)...the bickering will continue until we are a contender once again (in a few years or decades, i predict)

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:04 AM
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Welcome aboard Sunshine.

Hopefully you bring some Sunshine to our sometimes Gloomy Board.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Asher

Like a few others have stated, I had no clue this was going on but it sounds like you all had some fun with it.

Welcome Sunshine. This is one of the most active boards, even with the season long gone. Things will pick up even more as the draft approaches. I think that's something you might like.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:25 AM
CorpseFX

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj1-Fd3oibc

if she posts here--this is the one I wanted

she got spunk, a nasty streak and is just a little bit dirty

for obvious reasons I can no embed the youtube video

nsfw

but here is her song called PUCK the BUNNIES

after about 10 seconds, id rather have real puck bunnies on here

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
after about 10 seconds, id rather have real puck bunnies on here
Tally has the crazyyyyyy eyes. Lol. Seriuosly tho she has talent. Welcome sunshine.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:35 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2642
Is this for real? How many rounds is this draft?

Welcome Sunshine

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Hopkins to Hall

Welcome Sunshine, hope you mention us on your next blog entry. Too bad that you had such awful owners for your hockey club. I'll let you in on a little secret about Katz..............................................
he's actually Batman

p.s.
Keep this information on the down low.

Hopkins to Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:39 AM
hockeyaddict101

I don't come on the boards as often so I missed this idea but how splendid!

Welcome Sunshine!

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:44 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Sunshine. It's too bad you guys got screwed out of your team, but hopefully you'll like our rag-tag bunch of kids.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 10:20 AM
ales83fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski44 View Post
This is the most important thing to know.

Since you brought it up, do you think the Rangers would take the 1st overall and Eberle for Montoya? Too little?
The thing about Sather is he is the epitomy of shrewdness when it comes to trades. We wouldn't want to insult him with a low-ball offer, but if you add hall you'll at least start a conversation

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
HermanMunster
Set it and forget it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
The thing about Sather is he is the epitomy of shrewdness when it comes to trades. We wouldn't want to insult him with a low-ball offer, but if you add hall you'll at least start a conversation
We'll probably have to take on Drury and Redden's contracts to make it fair. How does this sound:

1st Overall
Eberle
Hall
Next year's first and second round

for

Montoya
Redden
Drury

?

HermanMunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Other Little Mikey

Sweet. You know what, you are getting in at the perfect time. In a few more years when we stop sucking so hard (it's gonna happen!) and can go back to being the type of fans all Oilers fans are born to be, where the team is SO AWESOME we take it for granted (see: the 80s), you will not be a bandwagon fan jumping on when things get good, you can proudly say you were loyal through the bad times too.

And for whatever reason, we always had hilariously epic games against the Thrashers: Kovalchuk vs. Comrie, Kovalchuk vs. MacTavish, Mike Bishai and the line brawl, Hall's first hat trick ... it might be a little bit of fate.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:28 PM
KenLinsemanFanClub
Sorry State

vCash: 1513
Welcome Sunshine. This board will provide you with a never ending source of entertainment and a steady supply of frustration.

I am very sorry to see Atlanta lose their team. Second time in history that you have had your team move to Canada (and we really despise the first team to do so) but it looks like you may not have been a fan for the first one. Don't lose hope, you may see a team back in the future.

My wife and I travelled to Georgia as part of our trip to the south 3 years ago. Absolutely loved it. The people were genuine and friendly. Never heard a bad word about Canadians. We even got up the nerve to eat breakfast at a Waffle House. A real cultural experience.

I see you are getting filled in on what to expect here. I'll add a couple more. OilerOlli will always rehash the draft choices and state that it was a stupid pick by the Oilers. He will criticize every pick and rarely have a compliment for any of them. Hindsight is his friend.

IamtheLiquor will always have the last word.

You will forever be puzzling over what TheStig/Graveyard Shift/Jump the Shark (I can never remember which one it is on any given day) is trying to say. We think his keyboard is defective.

Kevin Lowe is the epitomy of all that is wrong with the Oil. This is written.

Have fun here. There will be times when you will not be able to stop yourself from Laughing uncontrollably.

KenLinsemanFanClub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:33 PM
mbam99

Send a message via MSN to mbam99
You can't a true HFoiler with out understanding TOPPEP.

Do we dare?

mbam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
Welcome! Facts to learn:

1. Hemsky should be traded for a 3rd round pick at most.

2. No one knows why foster, Khabibulin, Fraser, vandermeer, and most importantly strudwick are on the team.

3. Al Montoya is a phenomenal blue chip up and comer of the rangers. Whenever you can please let this fact known. Personally, I enjoy inquiries into his value.
Also included in the primer for this board. At times it is prone to extreme exaggeration and possibly even a touch of melodrama at times. See bold portion above for example above.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 01:39 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbam99 View Post
You can't a true HFoiler with out understanding TOPPEP.

Do we dare?
What is the first rule of TOPPEP?

Come on gang, we're slipping.

06-07-2011, 02:00 PM
ToeDrag83
5-14-6-1

Nice to have you join us.

Hang on tight, no where to go but up.

ToeDrag83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Jamin

Did I miss something. Are ex-trasher fans joining other teams and someone joined the Oilers so we made a joke about it or is there some sort of fan draft lol

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote