HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXIII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
The league continues to feed the delusional Bruins fans who think their team is in fact better and more important than any other team. What a joke that nothing ever happens to someone unless they do something to the Bruins.

Old
06-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The right call was made, too bad the right call wasn't made a couple of months ago. Maybe now that Campbell is gone they are going to wake up!
I have no problem with the 4 games suspension because I hate seeing a player leaving the ice on a stretcher but man i hate those ****ing double standards.

It makes me even more disgusted that Chara got NOTHING for ending MaxPac's season.

Old
06-07-2011, 05:58 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I have no problem with the 4 games suspension because I hate seeing a player leaving the ice on a stretcher but man i hate those ****ing double standards.

It makes me even more disgusted that Chara got NOTHING for ending MaxPac's season.
And while it's purely speculation, a key ingrediant in the Bruins getting past us in the first round.

It makes me pretty sour, actually.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
And while it's purely speculation, a key ingrediant in the Bruins getting past us in the first round.

It makes me pretty sour, actually.
The last 3 games MaxPac played against Boston: 3GP-4G-2A-6pts.

Yep, I think he would have made a difference.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Well Gary Bettman is extraordinarily comfortable with it so what are ya gonna do?

Old
06-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Protest the Hero

Why do the media continue to ask Shaun Thorton's opinion on anything?

Old
06-07-2011, 06:14 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

And while we are still just playing speculative games, the fact that we lost three of our four losses in overtime just speaks to the impact Pacioretty's scoring could have added.

It's just frustrating that the league could be so inconsistent.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The right call was made, too bad the right call wasn't made a couple of months ago. Maybe now that Campbell is gone they are going to wake up!
Unfortunately you can't and shouldn't change the rules at the end of the season. The right call should have been made all season long and wasn't. Changing your reasoning in a SCF makes it look even more suspicious. Shanny even said that it was time to start addressing these hits. What does that tell me? That Campbell wasn't addressing it and had his own agenda. Unfortunately Murphy is one of his minions and anything out of that office makes them look bush league. Until you have a whole new office with no conflict of interest, things won't change.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
And while we are still just playing speculative games, the fact that we lost three of our four losses in overtime just speaks to the impact Pacioretty's scoring could have added.

It's just frustrating that the league could be inconsistent.
Honestly, even playing speculative games, we lost those overtime games fair and square. That was a huge lack of clutch on our part and while I'm sure Pacioretty would have helped, there are other more blatant issues concerning our lack of clutch production (apart from Subban).

However, I'll agree that the league's way of dealing with the Horton hit compared to the Pacioretty hit is a bit maddening. However, it's a sign of progress, as I'm sure Shanahan will be a better discipline guy than Campbell ever was.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:24 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Honestly, even playing speculative games, we lost those overtime games fair and square. That was a huge lack of clutch on our part and while I'm sure Pacioretty would have helped, there are other more blatant issues concerning our lack of clutch production (apart from Subban).

However, I'll agree that the league's way of dealing with the Horton hit compared to the Pacioretty hit is a bit maddening. However, it's a sign of progress, as I'm sure Shanahan will be a better discipline guy than Campbell ever was.
Agreed. We we're just playing a game that means nothing at this point anyways.

We can only hope it's a step in the right direction.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 691
I'm starting to believe Burke was onto something when he signed that Hanson boy

Old
06-07-2011, 07:16 PM
habsrule22

Is it true that Murphy consulted Burke on the Rome suspension. The guy Vancouver fired and that apparently don t get along. Unbelievable!

Old
06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Is it true that Murphy consulted Burke on the Rome suspension. The guy Vancouver fired and that apparently don t get along. Unbelievable!
I'd consult Burke too, considering he was in charge of NHL disciplinary stuff for years.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
I don't mind that he got fired by Vancouver. A true professional wouldn't get influenced by that. What is disturbing is that they're asking an acting GM for some consulting.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:36 PM
PhysicX

4 Games is fair for me. Late hit, what the league is trying to avoid... I'm still undecided on what approach I should take with Bruins fans, the relaxed one (Habsawce) or the don't give a damn one (Frogurt). I guess it'll depend on the day, since I simply cannot stand the stench of that fanbase or team. I will never forget Zednik's or Pacioretty's incidents, that's how disgusting they were and I really don't want to. What goes around, comes around as we have seen with Savard, Bergeron and Horton. And honestly, as much as I want to feel bad for those players, the only glimpse of sadness I have is for Savard. Patrice Bergeron? After every concussion he's been through, to defend Chara like he did was so freaking objective!

Old
06-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

He'll be back and more dangerous to the black-and-yellow than ever before. The Habs need to add one or two more just like him,

Well else do I wish? Pouliot vs. Krejci Round II and (Y)Emelin to throw his first serious check aganst a Bruin in the first period of his first official game against them and Uukka-Tuukka Raskolnikov to relieve Thomas in the same gme.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

He'll be back and more dangerous to the black-and-yellow than ever before. The Habs need to add one or two more just like him,

Well else do I wish? Pouliot vs. Krejci Round II and (Y)Emelin to throw his first serious check aganst a Bruin in the first period of his first official game against them and Uukka-Tuukka Raskolnikov to relieve Thomas in the same game.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Rumour on the Flyers board that they acquired Bryzgalov's rights for unspecified minor league players.

Not sure how they'd fit him under the cap, but if they can add a goalie of his caliber, they'd be a really really scary team.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:54 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Rumour on the Flyers board that they acquired Bryzgalov's rights for unspecified minor league players.

Not sure how they'd fit him under the cap, but if they can add a goalie of his caliber, they'd be a really really scary team.
Well ...

*************** did say a few days ago that the Flyers were looking to deal Carter because they had another deal in the works that needed the salary cap room. He said Toronto had made an offer but that other teams were in on it.

He said "Remember when it happens I was the first one that had Carter being shopped"

Old
06-07-2011, 07:54 PM
HomaridII

RealKyper Nick Kypreos
#NHL news. Sources out of Philly tell me the #Flyers traded for #Coyotes Bryzgalov rights for cond' pick if they can sign him prior to UFA.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:56 PM
HomaridII

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
PHX gets 3rd rd pick in 2012 plus future considerations.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Now, does Montréal try to match and make us competitive by feeding off of what the Flyers have to trade if they sign Bryzgalov ?

Old
06-07-2011, 08:00 PM
impudent_lowlife

just heard a report from a cbc Vancouver radio reporter in Boston for the series. He said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that Vancouver fans would wise not to wear their jersies to the game tomorrow of they value their lives. Apparently Boston fans get quite irate and "intimidating" after one of their players receives some of their own particular medicine.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Bill McNeal

In the unlikely event that this leads to them having to move Carter (which as far as rumours go as sexy as it is crazy), the Habs should be all over that.

It also may mean Leino won't be re-signed, and I'd kick the tires on him via free agency. Hartnell is tempting, but just seems like another overpaid, low-producing top 6 guy.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:02 PM
PhysicX

Losing Carter, but signing Bryzgalov would definitely be H-U-G-E for Philly. And possibly Carter to Toronto? More reasons for us to get going with some signings and improve this team ASAP. That's bad news guys!

Closed Thread