HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXIII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2011, 07:05 PM
HomaridII

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Losing Carter, but signing Bryzgalov would definitely be H-U-G-E for Philly. And possibly Carter to Toronto? More reasons for us to get going with some signings and improve this team ASAP. That's bad news guys!
The problem with Carter is that he isn't the type of player who raises his game in the playoffs ... take away the one year he had 11 points in 17 playoffs games and he has 10 points in 29 games .. that is horrible.

I will never forget the documentary about the meetings to decide who was on team Canada and they came down to Carter vs Richards discussion at one point and his own coach said that if the pressure was on, he wouldn't want to depend on Carter ... at the time I was shocked his own coach said this, lol.

Helluva player, but get ready for him to be a completely different guy come playoff time.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:07 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
The problem with Carter is that he isn't the type of player who raises his game in the playoffs ... take away the one year he had 11 points in 17 playoffs games and he has 10 points in 29 games .. that is horrible.

I will never forget the documentary about the meetings to decide who was on team Canada and they came down to Carter vs Richards discussion at one point and his own coach said that if the pressure was on, he wouldn't want to depend on Carter ... at the time I was shocked his own coach said this, lol.

Helluva player, but get ready for him to be a completely different guy come playoff time.
Still, the things I'd do to get a guy like that to screen goalies for us. Malone too.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
06-07-2011, 07:09 PM
HomaridII

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Bryzgalov wants to be paid as a top player...not just a top goalie. Demands too rich for Yotes.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:12 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Bryzgalov wants to be paid as a top player...not just a top goalie. Demands too rich for Yotes.
Lets hope his salary demands take a bite out of philly's forward core. Toronto should have gone after him and sold their three headed young goalie monster for picks.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:14 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
To sign Bryzgalov there gonna have to let a big piece go which offset that somewhat. Pronger is not getting younger, his injury problem could be just starting. There not the same team without him.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:16 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Lets hope his salary demands take a bite out of philly's forward core. Toronto should have gone after him and sold their three headed young goalie monster for picks.
Well they already have something like $57 million committed for next year without Ilya and that still leaves them 4 RFAs and 4 UFAs on the roster, including Zherdev, Leino, O'Donnell and Boynton ...

They will have to trade somebody with a big salary, like Carter for example

Old
06-07-2011, 07:17 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
You gotta admit though HomaridII, he is one heck of a player that Toronto would want or any team as a matter of fact. I loved the guy back then when he was in the Juniors and you say it yourself he's like one or two players away from cracking the Team Canada line-up. Joe Thornton also chocked came playoff time, look at how long it took him to finally have a good run. Thanks for the info on his own coach stating such things haha! Never heard of that before!

Question for you HomaridII and be objective. Plekanec or Carter as our first line center?

Old
06-07-2011, 07:23 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
You gotta admit though HomaridII, he is one heck of a player that Toronto would want or any team as a matter of fact. I loved the guy back then when he was in the Juniors and you say it yourself he's like one or two players away from cracking the Team Canada line-up. Joe Thornton also chocked came playoff time, look at how long it took him to finally have a good run. Thanks for the info on his own coach stating such things haha! Never heard of that before!

Question for you HomaridII and be objective. Plekanec or Carter as our first line center?
I do agree he is a hell of a player that anybody would want on their team .. if I was Burke I would be going after him hard.

As far as your question, I think Plekanec is one of the most underrated players in the league, his overall game is awesome and he has like every Montreal player, been playing a defense first system for years. Having said that, I would pick Carter as the no.1 Center, 35-40 goals, size ... etc.. yeah, he would be my no.1

Just saying .. look at his playoff record and its not really impressive, just keep that in mind .. Plekanec has 8 more pts for example than Carter in the same # of playoff games played.

Edit:

Just to take that a little further .. Carter is a +51 career regular season, -14 in his playoff career

Old
06-07-2011, 07:31 PM
habsrule22

With Bryzgalov gone, Phoenix may go in a complete re build. What are the chances of getting Doan outta Phoenix. He is Carey s cousin. We got prospects and some cheap NHL players.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I do agree he is a hell of a player that anybody would want on their team .. if I was Burke I would be going after him hard.

As far as your question, I think Plekanec is one of the most underrated players in the league, his overall game is awesome and he has like every Montreal player, been playing a defense first system for years. Having said that, I would pick Carter as the no.1 Center, 35-40 goals, size ... etc.. yeah, he would be my no.1

Just saying .. look at his playoff record and its not really impressive, just keep that in mind .. Plekanec has 8 more pts for example than Carter in the same # of playoff games played.
Carter uses his size like Penner does; in front of the net and in the corners, but doesn't use it to punish players.

Also, the flyers can just deal Hartnell instead.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:33 PM
PhysicX

Yup did have a look at his playoff stats and you're absolutely right. And I don't need to add anything to your Plekanec comment, I 100% agree with you. He's been in our organization from the get-go and I hope he stays here the entire time. On the other hand, I hope Carter lands in the West somewhere, like Edmonton for example.
Time for Game 4 NBA playoffs! Go Mavs!

Old
06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Carter uses his size like Penner does; in front of the net and in the corners, but doesn't use it to punish players.

Also, the flyers can just deal Hartnell instead.
Hartnell will be harder to move. Very undisciplined and doesn t he have a NTC

Old
06-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Hartnell will be harder to move. Very undisciplined and doesn t he have a NTC
Yup and it's a full NTC, too.

Hartnell, hits, fights, scores. Carter just scores. More than Hartnell obviously, but still.

If Carter is going to be dealt it will be out West unfortunately. I'd love him on the habs. As I'm sure all of you would, too.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:42 PM
PhysicX

I'd love him too with the habs, but chances are slim if not none, so out West is actually pretty good.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Roulin

Quote:
If Carter is going to be dealt it will be out West unfortunately. I'd love him on the habs. As I'm sure all of you would, too.
I'd love Carter the player, but not the contract.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I'd love Carter the player, but not the contract.
It's long, granted, but he does score 30 goals a year.

If we somehow acquired him, throw him with Gio and Gomez. Gomes is bound to look great again, no ?

Old
06-07-2011, 07:54 PM
HomaridII

mirtle James Mirtle
I have Flyers at roughly $5-milion over the cap if they give Bryzgalov a deal in $6.25-million range and re-sign Leino. Someone has to move.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Roulin

Quote:
It's long, granted, but he does score 30 goals a year.

If we somehow acquired him, throw him with Gio and Gomez. Gomes is bound to look great again, no ?
For sure, for a few seasons that would be great! I'd just be worried about when Carter hits 32 years old and still has 5 years left on that contract.

Richards, on the other hand, I'd be very interested in.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Yup and it's a full NTC, too.

Hartnell, hits, fights, scores. Carter just scores. More than Hartnell obviously, but still.
The fact he has 2 years left on his deal is making him feel attractive to the Habs for me, doubt they want him, doubt he wants to come here, but he would obviously bring an element sorely lacking at the same production rate as Kostitsyn.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
mirtle James Mirtle
I have Flyers at roughly $5-milion over the cap if they give Bryzgalov a deal in $6.25-million range and re-sign Leino. Someone has to move.
I don't think the flyers have any plans on re-signing Leino.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
For sure, for a few seasons that would be great! I'd just be worried about when Carter hits 32 years old and still has 5 years left on that contract.

Richards, on the other hand, I'd be very interested in.
Same here, but he's their captain and pretty much embodies what the flyers are. Also, at 32 Carter would be in his prime. Around 34- 35 is when you worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
The fact he has 2 years left on his deal is making him feel attractive to the Habs for me, doubt they want him, doubt he wants to come here, but he would obviously bring an element sorely lacking at the same production rate as Kostitsyn.
Pretty much. I think this team might have something against being physical.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 50
Quote:
4 Games is fair for me. Late hit, what the league is trying to avoid... I'm still undecided on what approach I should take with Bruins fans, the relaxed one (Habsawce) or the don't give a damn one (Frogurt). I guess it'll depend on the day, since I simply cannot stand the stench of that fanbase or team. I will never forget Zednik's or Pacioretty's incidents, that's how disgusting they were and I really don't want to. What goes around, comes around as we have seen with Savard, Bergeron and Horton. And honestly, as much as I want to feel bad for those players, the only glimpse of sadness I have is for Savard. Patrice Bergeron? After every concussion he's been through, to defend Chara like he did was so freaking objective!
Believe me I'm not relaxed in front of the TV, hehe. My wife can attest to that

Old
06-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Protest the Hero

Reading Hartnell's wikipedia page is hilarious. I forgot about that time he threw at Malone on the breakaway lol.

Scott Hartnell

Old
06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
le_sean

**** Hartnell is slow but he's exactly what the Habs need.

I would trade Eller for Carter. Problem is finding a suitor for Gomez. But Carter/Plekanec as a 1-2 punch would be fantastic.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:29 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
just heard a report from a cbc Vancouver radio reporter in Boston for the series. He said (and I'm paraphrasing here) that Vancouver fans would wise not to wear their jersies to the game tomorrow of they value their lives. Apparently Boston fans get quite irate and "intimidating" after one of their players receives some of their own particular medicine.
So put a Rome jersey on a 200 lb Bull Mastiff and see how tough they really are

Old
06-08-2011, 07:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
mirtle James Mirtle
Jeff Carter is the odd man out, lots of people are saying he will be moved to the Jackets if the Flyers can agree with Bryzgalov. I expect a nice couple of deals on draft evening

As for Bryzgalov, can't believe it took the Flyers 20 years to finally go get a solid goalie(if he signs) will be that much harder to beat them now

Closed Thread