HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Atlanta Draft - Pittsburgh draft: Please welcome puckguy11 into the fold!

Old
06-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

vCash: 500
You'll want to learn about some of the legends that helped shape this franchise:

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:16 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

A little advice: In the first GDT of the year look for the guy with the biggest thread total and go after him, I mean like really humiliate him! You'll spend a couple weeks banned from the Pens Board but after that, everyone will know you mean business.

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Jaded-Fan

Warm welcome. Hate what happened to bring you here. But am glad to have you. Look forward to meeting you.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Fraction Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
You'll want to learn about some of the legends that helped shape this franchise:

This list isn't complete without these guys:

Fraction Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 07:12 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

I don't understand this. So the Fans that are bailing on their team because they changed team name, city and colors are being drafted into other fan bases?

Why should anyone want fans like that? I can tell you one thing and be 100% sure about this, if the Penguins ever moved, they would still be "my" team. Given that same situation, it would suck but after being a fan for a long enough time it shouldn't mean you give up now, it's the team I like and so what if the locale, color and name changed.

Loyalty means nothing these days.

OnlyTheBrave* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraction Jackson View Post
This list isn't complete without these guys:

I'll never forget Sven Butenschon beating the tar out of Ryan Malone in one of his first career fights. It's telling that my most vivid memory of Butenschon came when he didn't even play here. Pretty embarrassing for Malone too, he's come a long way.

Also:

Three wolf moon? Pft, try four Serowik Falloon.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Winnipeg is a hell of a long ways from Atlanta. Same franchise, different team.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Welcome aboard, Puckguy.

Your initiation starts now.

Go find us a pickle stabber!

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:05 PM
SomeDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTheBrave View Post
I don't understand this. So the Fans that are bailing on their team because they changed team name, city and colors are being drafted into other fan bases?

Why should anyone want fans like that? I can tell you one thing and be 100% sure about this, if the Penguins ever moved, they would still be "my" team. Given that same situation, it would suck but after being a fan for a long enough time it shouldn't mean you give up now, it's the team I like and so what if the locale, color and name changed.

Really? When the pens were on the brink, I probably wouldve stopped with the nhl all together if they left. It wouldve been too hard to watch them thrive in another city. To each his own, I suppose.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Jeff Goldblum

Quote:

Are you from Pittsburgh?

Jeff Goldblum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
Quote:

If the Penguins had moved I would have likely been done with the NHL all together, not just the Penguins/new franchise.

Mario_is_BACK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:25 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Goldblum View Post
Are you from Pittsburgh?
No, but I have lived there for a number of years before moving away. Was a fan before moving there and after leaving.

I know for some, you just stop caring, this "fan draft" just seems like a weird idea to me is all. Didn't know people would get that offended.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:27 PM
OnlyTheBrave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario_is_BACK!! View Post
If the Penguins had moved I would have likely been done with the NHL all together, not just the Penguins/new franchise.
I would stop watching for maybe a year or two but eventually I would start watching again and trick myself into believing that it's the "same engine, just a different body" type of deal. You know what I mean?

With that said, I know a ton of Jets fans that didn't care for the sport for a few years when they lost their team and became fans of another team, now that a team is back there most of them are kind of torn with where their allegiances lie.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:32 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

I'm with OnlytheBrave. Of course, I didn't grow up in the cities of the teams I root for, so it's probably not the same as for you natives.

I love hockey and football too much to give up on the sports out of spite if they do move on of my teams (real possibility with the Bills). Who else would I root for if I'm going to continue watching?

The LA Bills would certainly be different, but I'd still be just as big a fan.

Anyway, welcome to the bandwagon, puckguy.

SCUDeriMISSILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Mario_is_BACK!!
ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mario_is_BACK!! Send a message via MSN to Mario_is_BACK!!
I'm from Pittsburgh. I became interested in the sport because of the Pittsburgh Penguins. If they left my interest in hockey would decline sharply.

My interest in baseball has severely waned with the continued decline of the Pirates and I haven't been able to find a team to latch on to.

If the Pens had left it would be the end for me.

Mario_is_BACK!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:55 PM
clefty
What?

We need to get this back on track with some of the Franchise Greats:

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Shoofyou10

I think that a lot of the Thrasher fans are heartbroken over what happened and they were looking for something fun to take their minds off of it. I can see not wanting to root for the team once they move away. Even though a lot of the players will be the same at first they are changing GMs and coaches and after a few years the team will not resemble the team that they followed in Atlanta. Its a totally different front office with loyalty to a totally different city and set of fans.

Shoofyou10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:04 PM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

No Janne Pesonen cards?

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422

Look at his ****ing helmet. It's made out of ****ing gold!

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Uncle Jorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
"The Piece" is a terrible nickname (it was never his nickname when he actually played for the Pens) and Kovachoo never was a Penguin.

I've never been able to figure out where Stevens' nickname came from.
Artie was the name of his dad. For a while Mike Lange was even calling him the "RT Express" on Pens broadcasts

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Big Daddy Cane
#UndoNewStorm

Don't forget...

Konstantin "he can put up 30 on Mario's wing" Koltsov

Stephane Richer

Captain Steve McKenna

Big Daddy Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Uncle Jorgi

Welcome puckguy! As you have 11 in your name, you are now charged with defending Jordan Staal against the handful of posters who think he can't shoot, can't skate, can't hit, can't pass, is overrated defensively, skimps on tips at restaurants and calls his mother a ***** on a bi-weekly basis. Don't worry, it's just for a couple of days so the rest of us can catch a breather.

Old
06-08-2011, 01:00 AM
OnlyTheBrave*

None of these guys were ever as good as Dave Roche.

Weird stat, his first 3 NHL seasons he put up 7+7, 5+5 and 3+3 seasons (goals+assists). That's HHOF worthy right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Jorgi View Post
Welcome puckguy! As you have 11 in your name, you are now charged with defending Jordan Staal against the handful of posters who think he can't shoot, can't skate, can't hit, can't pass, is overrated defensively, skimps on tips at restaurants and calls his mother a ***** on a bi-weekly basis. Don't worry, it's just for a couple of days so the rest of us can catch a breather.
So what you are saying is that he's the intern for the off-season, if he can prove to be a great Pens fan in that time, we hire him full-time? I'm on board.

I would like to add that apart of his Jordan Staal duties should be to defend that he has the potential to get better offensively.

Old
06-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Dick Tarnstrom. Greatest PP QB ever to lace up skates. And look at that magnificent ****ing hair!

Coach John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Uncle Jorgi

Quote:
So what you are saying is that he's the intern for the off-season, if he can prove to be a great Pens fan in that time, we hire him full-time? I'm on board.

I would like to add that apart of his Jordan Staal duties should be to defend that he has the potential to get better offensively.
No, i'm saying if he can tolerate the Staal debate for longer than a minute or two, he's already hired full time as a great Pens fan

As for defending Staal's potential, i'm sure JTG will appreciate a couple days off if he can get them.