HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room III (all non-ATD topics here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2011, 02:35 AM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
Hopefully Boston can win game 4. This year's Canucks have got to be one of my least favourite teams, ever.
No kidding! I've never really liked Boston, but I find myself cheering for them so hard right now. I just hate so many guys on the Canucks roster...

Old
06-07-2011, 07:08 AM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
No kidding! I've never really liked Boston, but I find myself cheering for them so hard right now. I just hate so many guys on the Canucks roster...
Welcome to the current culture of the NHL. Best get used to it.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
The diving seemed even worse this game. A couple of them weren't even embellishing border-line penalties, they were just trying to conjure up calls out of thin air. Between the diving, the biting, the constant whining on the ice, and some of the comments that have been made by Canuck players, that team is pretty easy to dislike.

Old
06-07-2011, 07:23 AM
jarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
The diving seemed even worse this game. A couple of them weren't even embellishing border-line penalties, they were just trying to conjure up calls out of thin air. Between the diving, the biting, the constant whining on the ice, and some of the comments that have been made by Canuck players, that team is pretty easy to dislike.
How about the Bruins?

Julien: Lapierre's behaviour was despicable! You would never catch us doing that!

Recchi: *goes and does it*

Old
06-07-2011, 07:57 AM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
Hopefully Boston can win game 4. This year's Canucks have got to be one of my least favourite teams, ever.
Same.

I don't get Vancouver. They have the talent to just purely be a great team but instead they gotta be cocky and constantly do the antics like the diving and yapping and then the late hit last night...

I don't really like either team that much but I'm definitely hoping Boston makes a series of it. Going to be that much harder for them without Horton.

ahahahaa

Last edited by BraveCanadian: 06-07-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Old
06-07-2011, 07:58 AM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarek View Post
How about the Bruins?

Julien: Lapierre's behaviour was despicable! You would never catch us doing that!

Recchi: *goes and does it*
The difference is that apparently he holds his players accountable.

Julien chewed Lucic out after Lucic was mocking Burrows last night.

Old
06-07-2011, 10:12 AM
seventieslord

Wow, was that ever a **** kicking last night.

I am so glad I kept watching even once it was out of reach for the Canucks. So much good stuff to catch, the best of which was Thomas' bodycheck.

I realize that if that happens once or twice it will be chalked up to part of making a save, but what if it became a common occurrence? Is it technically against the rules to throw a bodycheck as a goalie? I sure hope not; that was awesome.

The biting taunts both ways: whatever... this is the Stanley Cup Finals. Both teams are going all out, trying to win the hardest trophy to win in all of pro sports. They both need any edge they can get, physical or otherwise. Go nuts, boys. I'd like a front row seat.

I wasn't very "into" this series before last night, but I am SO into it now. This has the potential to be a classic, epic series... just as long as Boston wins tomorrow.

Old
06-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post

I am so glad I kept watching even once it was out of reach for the Canucks. So much good stuff to catch, the best of which was Thomas' bodycheck.

I realize that if that happens once or twice it will be chalked up to part of making a save, but what if it became a common occurrence? Is it technically against the rules to throw a bodycheck as a goalie? I sure hope not; that was awesome.

The biting taunts both ways: whatever... this is the Stanley Cup Finals. Both teams are going all out, trying to win the hardest trophy to win in all of pro sports. They both need any edge they can get, physical or otherwise. Go nuts, boys. I'd like a front row seat.

I wasn't very "into" this series before last night, but I am SO into it now. This has the potential to be a classic, epic series... just as long as Boston wins tomorrow.
Totally agree. I've been pulling for Boston since Game 1, but at this point I really just want to see this go 6 or 7 games regardless of who wins. The intensity last night was awesome.

Old
06-07-2011, 11:08 AM
jarek

You guys are so American.

Old
06-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarek View Post
You guys are so American.
Thanks!

Old
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
jkrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post

Normally, this is interference even if the player have the puck. Normally is a very relative word here though as this is uncommon.

I won't matter much though, it usually ends up with the goalie getting run over later if he becomes physical.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Normally, this is interference even if the player have the puck.
That's not true. It is perfectly legal for a goalie to bodycheck a player who has the puck.

Old
06-07-2011, 02:42 PM
jkrx

Quote:
That's not true. It is perfectly legal for a goalie to bodycheck a player who has the puck.
I know the rule book doesnt state that its legal nor illegal but the reasoning (from personal experience) is that goalies are protected from being hit and should not hit other players themselves. However, I've only seen goalies getting penalisedwhen checking a player when the goalie is in his own crease and the opposing player is outside of it.

Old
06-07-2011, 05:53 PM
seventieslord

Quote:
I know the rule book doesnt state that its legal nor illegal but the reasoning (from personal experience) is that goalies are protected from being hit and should not hit other players themselves. However, I've only seen goalies getting penalisedwhen checking a player when the goalie is in his own crease and the opposing player is outside of it.
Haha, to me, that seems like the perfect time to do it!

Old
06-07-2011, 06:51 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Shocking, considering your location...

Bolland and some of the other Hawks beaking off about a series they're not a part of, classy. Such a likeable team you have in Chicago.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Hawkey Town 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Shocking, considering your location...

Bolland and some of the other Hawks beaking off about a series they're not a part of, classy. Such a likeable team you have in Chicago.
You are correct about my location giving me bias, I definitely already disliked the Canucks before this season even started, but I'm not saying anything that is untrue or illogical. Burrows intentionally bites a player's finger, and not an agitator or goon, but a well respected player like Bergeron. There were at least 2 blatant dives in last night's game that were not even embellishing border-line penalties, they were just straight up dives trying to get a call out of nothing. In a press conference after a Game 7 OT win, the team captain says the other team "Didn't belong in the series." You have to admit that from a neutral standpoint those are all pretty big turn-offs.

Saw what Bolland said, but didn't see the comments from other Hawks, so I can only comment on Bolland. I believe he said, "It does get pretty painful watching and seeing that team in it ... It sucks seeing them there...Typical, pulling hair and biting people. Sort of like a little girl. But things happen during games. Stuff like that isn't meant for hockey. So some of those things have to be taken care of."

Honestly, IMO this isn't really that bad. In the first part he just says he doesn't like seeing one of their biggest rivals, who eliminated them in a Game 7, in the Cup Finals. I think any player would say that. The other comments are definitely a bit of a jab, but nothing out of line, especially coming from a player like Bolland who is known as an agitator that gets in other players' heads. It may not be the smartest move as it will give the Canucks extra motivation next time they face the Hawks, but I wouldn't call it classless or out of line.

Maybe my bias is affecting me on this one? Does anyone from a neutral standpoint think Bolland's comments are bad?

Old
06-07-2011, 08:13 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
You are correct about my location giving me bias, I definitely already disliked the Canucks before this season even started, but I'm not saying anything that is untrue or illogical. Burrows intentionally bites a player's finger, and not an agitator or goon, but a well respected player like Bergeron. There were at least 2 blatant dives in last night's game that were not even embellishing border-line penalties, they were just straight up dives trying to get a call out of nothing. In a press conference after a Game 7 OT win, the team captain says the other team "Didn't belong in the series." You have to admit that from a neutral standpoint those are all pretty big turn-offs.

Saw what Bolland said, but didn't see the comments from other Hawks, so I can only comment on Bolland. I believe he said, "It does get pretty painful watching and seeing that team in it ... It sucks seeing them there...Typical, pulling hair and biting people. Sort of like a little girl. But things happen during games. Stuff like that isn't meant for hockey. So some of those things have to be taken care of."

Honestly, IMO this isn't really that bad. In the first part he just says he doesn't like seeing one of their biggest rivals, who eliminated them in a Game 7, in the Cup Finals. I think any player would say that. The other comments are definitely a bit of a jab, but nothing out of line, especially coming from a player like Bolland who is known as an agitator that gets in other players' heads. It may not be the smartest move as it will give the Canucks extra motivation next time they face the Hawks, but I wouldn't call it classless or out of line.

Maybe my bias is affecting me on this one? Does anyone from a neutral standpoint think Bolland's comments are bad?
Isn't that a little hyprocitical? Bolland is one of the cheapest, dirtiest SOB's in the league IMO. How many two hand slashes has he delivered on a Sedin the past 3 years? You love him because he is a good player who helps your team win.

The Canucks are a rival in the way of success for other teams so naturaly they draw a lot of hate, if they stunk and were basement dweller I really dont think the reaction would be the same - all around the boards.

Look at Anaheim in 2007, they were dirty pieces a ****, but they were also a good hockey team and rightfuly so won it all last year.

No hockey team is full og angels, and if they are - they're not very good one most likely.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:15 PM
jarek

Bolland sounds like a whiny little ***** in those comments, just looking for attention somewhere because his team is not playing for the cup anymore, especially considering that some of his teammates aren't exactly model citizens either.

Old
06-08-2011, 12:32 AM
MadArcand
We do not sow

Quote:
Look at Anaheim in 2007, they were dirty pieces a ****, but they were also a good hockey team and rightfuly so won it all last year.
Yet aside from Perry and Burke, the team didn't really have loathsome characters. Canucks, on the other hand, are stacked with such. And frankly, I don't recall the Ducks team getting much hate.

Old
06-08-2011, 12:55 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
Yet aside from Perry and Burke, the team didn't really have loathsome characters. Canucks, on the other hand, are stacked with such. And frankly, I don't recall the Ducks team getting much hate.
Then you have an extremely short memory.

Pronger
Mcdonald
May
Parros
Moen
Perry

The list goes on. They were extremely dirty.

Old
06-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Then you have an extremely short memory.

Pronger
Mcdonald
May
Parros
Moen
Perry

The list goes on. They were extremely dirty.
The list goes on and one.... yet you need to include a bunch of bogus examples. Outside of Pronger and Perry, nobody there is overly dirty.

Old
06-08-2011, 01:11 AM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Outside of Pronger and his own brand of physics, I don't recall the Ducks getting a ton of hate either.

Old
06-08-2011, 02:26 AM
MadArcand
We do not sow

I happen to like Pronger, sure he's dirty but he's dirty with a flair. And he's an awesome media troll.

Though sure quite a few hate him.

But Moen and May? Bloody McDonald? That's hardly loathsome or hated players. And I'd say Parrostache is more universally liked. Dirtiness ain't the only thing factoring into a player being hated either.

Old
06-08-2011, 08:00 AM
jkrx

It's pretty funny that Pronger got a total of two games of suspension for elbowing to the head while Rome gets four games for a late hit.

Old
06-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Velociraptor
Nucks future 1C??

Quote:
It's pretty funny that Pronger got a total of two games of suspension for elbowing to the head while Rome gets four games for a late hit.
Rome's expendable, but it's a good point. Too lazy to do the research, but was Pronger suspended during the Sens only SCF win?

Closed Thread