HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wild summer in Minnesota?

Old
06-07-2011, 11:35 PM
llp

vCash: 500
Wild summer in Minnesota?

Feeling the heat of missing the playoffs two years in a row, GM Chuck Fletcher will most likely make some serious moves this offseason to get back into playoff contention. Beat writer Michael Russo recently quoted GMCF saying every player but Mikko Koivu is available to be traded.

Minnesota's needs:
Scoring top 6 winger. Playmaking ability not required at all. Defensive responsibility would be nice, but is not necessary. At least 30+ G would be ideal. Number 1 priority.

#2 Center on a 1-2 year contract. Someone who has the cojones to center two of Bouchard, Latendresse, or Havlat (A bunch of softies). Size, and desire to go to the dirty areas a must. Won't mortgage too much future on this. If we can get this position filled through Free Agency, then there's no sense in giving up future assets.

Any other forward upgrade, with Minnesota defenders going the other way. Minnesota's strongest depth area is definitely in the defense right now. We kinda got a pileup for our bottom 4 slots. Zidlicky, Zanon, Barker, Scandella, Stoner, and Spurgeon should all be NHL bottom 4 right now, but there obviously isn't enough room for all of them. One or more of these guys packaged to upgrade a forward would be a smart move.

Players that don't fit the Wild, and can be had for scraps:
Matt Cullen - 3.5 until 2013
Erik Nystrom - 1.4 until 2013
Cam Barker - 3.083 until 2012
WHY THE WILD WANT TO GET RID OF CULLEN:
We signed him to be our #2 center until Granlund makes it over. Sadly, Cullen ended up having negative chemistry with all of our wingers. Brodziak is outplaying him right now, and paying 3.5 for a 3rd line player that can only really play by himself doesn't make sense for us.

Players that should have some value, and make sense to move:
Brent Burns - 3.55 until 2012 (Most likely will be re-signed, but throwing him in for fun)
Martin Havlat - 5.0 until 2015
Marek Zidlicky - 4.0 until 2013
PM Bouchard - 4.08 until 2013
Guillame Latendresse - 2.5 until 2012
Greg Zanon - 1.933 until 2012
Nik Backstrom - 6.0 until 2013

Like I said, everyone but M. Koivu is on the table. Granlund, Clutterbuck, and N. Schultz will probably take overpayment.

Last edited by llp: 06-08-2011 at 01:46 AM.
llp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Joey Moss

I'd give you Foster and Fraser for Barker.

EDIT - Ohhh, I'd love to have Burns in Edmonton. Name the price.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:39 PM
TribalDan
Why I 'Ottawa!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by llp View Post
Feeling the heat of missing the playoffs two years in a row, GM Chuck Fletcher will most likely make some serious moves this offseason to get back into playoff contention. Beat writer Michael Russo recently quoted GMCF saying every player but Mikko Koivu is available to be traded.

Minnesota's needs:
Scoring top 6 winger. Playmaking ability not required at all. Defensive responsibility would be nice, but is not necessary. At least 30+ G would be ideal. Number 1 priority.

#2 Center on a 1-2 year contract. Someone who has the cojones to center two of Bouchard, Latendresse, or Havlat (A bunch of softies). Size, and desire to go to the dirty areas a must. Won't mortgage too much future on this. If we can get this position filled through Free Agency, then there's no sense in giving up future assets.

Any other forward upgrade, with Minnesota defenders going the other way. Minnesota's strongest depth area is definitely in the defense right now. We kinda got a pileup for our bottom 4 slots. Zidlicky, Zanon, Barker, Scandella, Stoner, and Spurgeon should all be NHL bottom 4 right now, but there obviously isn't enough room for all of them. One or more of these guys packaged to upgrade a forward would be a smart move.

Brent Burns - 3.55 until 2012 (Most likely will be re-signed, but throwing him in for fun)

Like I said, everyone but M. Koivu is on the table. Granlund, Clutterbuck, and N. Schultz will probably take overpayment.
I would not hesitate to welcome back Havlat and Cullen for the right price.

Not entirely sure what would get the job done though. :/

TribalDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:

Minnesota's needs:

Burns would look great with the Devils and Ottawa may have some interest in Cullen I would imagine.

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Johnnycanuck13

Canucks might have some interest in Zanon. Local boy, pretty cheap, good depth defenseman. Could he be had for a pick?

Johnnycanuck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:47 PM
llp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
I'd give you Foster and Fraser for Barker.

EDIT - Ohhh, I'd love to have Burns in Edmonton. Name the price.
Foster and Fraser kind of makes sense. I did like Foster when he played for the Wild, but I'm concerned about him taking ice time away from Jared Spurgeon. This proposal is a definite maybe.

Burns would take one of your top forward prospects, and maybe more. Which I'm sure
you're not too excited about.

Old
06-07-2011, 11:48 PM
tv14

I would love to have Cullen on the Oilers. We can afford him and his contract ends in the same year as Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi. Would asume he would come cheap and could potentially be a good fit.

Id also really like Burns. Id be willing to offer up something like Ganger/Omark + Smid + 31st overall. Not sure if thats enough or not though.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:48 PM
hockeyball

Sharks would of course have interest in Burns.

Heatley and Seto fit your criteria and could be available.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:50 PM
llp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalDan View Post
I would not hesitate to welcome back Havlat and Cullen for the right price.

Not entirely sure what would get the job done though. :/
Ottawa and Minnesota don't make very good trade partners right now, as we're essentially looking for the same thing. I don't think moving Havlat for anything Ottawa has right now makes sense. Cullen on the other hand can be had quite cheap! Any bottom 6 prospects who have a shot at cracking the NHL this/next year, and a roster filler on an expiring contract makes sense.

Old
06-07-2011, 11:50 PM
thrillermiller89

sign fleischmann for the speed

sign a top 4 dman... maybe pitkanen or jovo

flash-koivu-havlat
lats-cullen-pmb
nystrom-brodziak-clutterbuck
staubitz-sheppard-weller

jovo-burns
barker-schultz
zidlicky-zanon

backs
khubodin

its not anything spectacular but its cap friendly and helps the team.... idk why u dont like cullen tho

thrillermiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
llp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnycanuck13 View Post
Canucks might have some interest in Zanon. Local boy, pretty cheap, good depth defenseman. Could he be had for a pick?
Probably not. Like I said, Minnesota's looking to get back into playoff contention, so moving a player with as much grit as Zanon only makes sense if he's part of a package for a decent return, or for a solid 3rd liner straight up.

Last edited by llp: 06-08-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old
06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

I would love to see Mikko Koivu in a Sabres uniform, but I wouldn't want to give up Vanek for him, so I guess that won't happen.

I think Minnesota's problem is just keeping their team healthy for the majority of the season. The Sabres have been having the same problem for years.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Csonked Out

What about a deal revolving around Burns for Tedenby from the Devils. I know other Devils fans would absolutely hate me suggesting to trade him, but if we could get Burns in return it may not be so bad.

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Cullksinikers

If Brunette leaves, what could he get on the open market?

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:55 PM
llp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
I would love to have Cullen on the Oilers. We can afford him and his contract ends in the same year as Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi. Would asume he would come cheap and could potentially be a good fit.

Id also really like Burns. Id be willing to offer up something like Ganger/Omark + Smid + 31st overall. Not sure if thats enough or not though.
Ganger or Omark aren't really what we're looking for right now, but the value is pretty close.

Cullen can be had quite easily though.

Old
06-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Latendresse's value?

Hanson for Sheppard?

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:57 PM
llp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Sharks would of course have interest in Burns.

Heatley and Seto fit your criteria and could be available.
These guys are definitely what we're looking for. The problem is Seto isn't enough, and Heatley is on a gross contract.

Old
06-07-2011, 11:59 PM
dashtary*

Semin+ for Burns+?

dashtary* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:59 PM
tv14

Quote:
Ganger or Omark aren't really what we're looking for right now, but the value is pretty close.

Cullen can be had quite easily though.
Ya, my bad. I just saw #2 center needed, and didnt really read you're requirements (ex size). But the Oilers do not have very much size upfront and this is about the only type of deal I could see the Oilers willing to make.

Whats up with Cullen? Is his play bad or is more of a case of just being massively overpaid? Admittedly I havent seen much of him since he has gone to Minnesota, but I loved his game in Carolina and Ottawa.

tv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Huselius for Zidlicky? I'm sure he'd drive us quite mad before long, but we really need a capable first unit PPQB, and I'm hoping Zid still is one.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:00 AM
DesertDawg

UFA Jussi Jokinen?

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:01 AM
llp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 View Post
sign fleischmann for the speed

sign a top 4 dman... maybe pitkanen or jovo
its not anything spectacular but its cap friendly and helps the team.... idk why u dont like cullen tho
Sure the speed would help out, but what we REALLY need is to be able to put the puck in the net. And I haven't seen that consistently enough to offer him a contract right now.

Pitkanen or Jovonovski are definitely possibilities if the Wild can ship out a defender or two this offseason.

AS FOR WHY THE WILD WANT TO GET RID OF CULLEN:
We signed him to be our #2 center until Granlund makes it over. Sadly, Cullen ended up having negative chemistry with all of our wingers. Brodziak is outplaying him right now, and paying 3.5 for a 3rd line player that can only really play by himself doesn't make sense for us.

Last edited by llp: 06-08-2011 at 12:21 AM.
Old
06-08-2011, 12:04 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I would hope the Rangers offer him something in the neighborhood of $2M + bonuses and stick him on the top line with Gaborik + Richards/acquired #1 center. He would make an excellent 1 year stopgap, and has played with Gaborik before.

06-08-2011, 12:06 AM
llp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
What about a deal revolving around Burns for Tedenby from the Devils. I know other Devils fans would absolutely hate me suggesting to trade him, but if we could get Burns in return it may not be so bad.
This is actually pretty intriguing. Like I said, I'd rather not move Burns, but for a return like that, it's worth some thought.

Old
06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
llp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
If he was re-signing in Minnesota, or his rights are traded, I'd say somewhere around 1.5-1.75

Open market, somewhere between 2 and 2.75

He's still a solid asset even though he skates at a blistering 2 mph.