HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Krejci - Leads NHL in goals, 2nd in points, 4 game winners.. where's the love?

Old
06-07-2011, 11:30 PM
RussellmaniaKW

vCash: 500
It's funny, I don't hear the comparison often, but the guy Krejci reminds me of most is Datsyuk. Not saying he's there yet, but I think he could one day be that good. Datsyuk took a while to develop as well.

Also, there have been some shifts in these playoffs where Krejci has had a Crosby-like ability to turn off of hits and shake defenders below the goal line. Dude is seriously getting stronger and stronger on the puck and has incredible hands.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
It's funny, I don't hear the comparison often, but the guy Krejci reminds me of most is Datsyuk. Not saying he's there yet, but I think he could one day be that good. Datsyuk took a while to develop as well.

Also, there have been some shifts in these playoffs where Krejci has had a Crosby-like ability to turn off of hits and shake defenders below the goal line. Dude is seriously getting stronger and stronger on the puck and has incredible hands.
That's a good comparison imo.

Is it me or do centers usually take a little while longer to develop than a winger? Is it because of their need to play a more defensive role at times too?

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:34 PM
milk

Send a message via MSN to milk
I don't know why but he doesn't really stand out. He's so quietly brilliant all the time. Brilliant ninja.

milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:45 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/bo...-and-hes-done/

VeddarRants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Whats Bruin

Always felt Krejci was one of the most underrated players in the game. He's got superb puck handling and passing skills, works on the defensive end and is not afraid to take a hit. Does need to shoot a little more often as his shot while not hard seems very accurate. A good number one centre, a great #2. A steal in todays market at 3.5m per year ( if I'm correct on this figure ).

Whats Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:10 AM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whats Bruin View Post
Always felt Krejci was one of the most underrated players in the game. He's got superb puck handling and passing skills, works on the defensive end and is not afraid to take a hit. Does need to shoot a little more often as his shot while not hard seems very accurate. A good number one centre, a great #2. A steal in todays market at 3.5m per year ( if I'm correct on this figure ).
Dude, you copied my handle.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Datsyuk is much faster than Krejci and has more one-on-one skills in his bag. Krejci however sees the ice the way guys like Gretzky, Yzerman did. He reminds me a lot of a young Adam Oates. Hopefully Chiarelli won't make the same mistake as Detroit did by trading him to St-Louis where he made Brett Hull a 3-time 70 goal scorer and after that made an injured Neely score 50 goals in 44 games.

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:18 AM
Oates2Neely

Couldn't be prouder of #46.. certainly bringing 'it' in these 2011 playoffs..no surprise as he was our best player in 2010 p.o. until the Richards hit. I like that he's got some attitude and anger issues too, he's like Adam Oates on steriods.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:28 AM
FallsForItEveryYear

what makes this particularly impressive is that he had 1 point in the montreal series. 1!! so 19 points in the 14 games since then. if he even had a decent first round he'd be the front runner for mvp and probably by a pretty decent margin.

say 5 points in the first round and hed lead in goals and points

FallsForItEveryYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:43 AM
DBL

I see him as the sneakiest player in the league. Even when he is out there with the puck, without it, he doesn't seem to look like much of a threat. But then just BAM...he's made a great play. He can make great play after great play, and for some reason you still don't expect it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6asIriTAhs
His GW pass to Horton against the Lightning to take the series...he just coasts in, really doesn't look like he's a threat to make a goal happen and BAM...passes the puck over to Horton perfectly.

A very unique player...

And to be honest, he has all the skills to be a #1 centerman...but he's a Cup Contender #2 center. Absolute perfect #2.

DBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL View Post
I see him as the sneakiest player in the league. Even when he is out there with the puck, without it, he doesn't seem to look like much of a threat. But then just BAM...he's made a great play. He can make great play after great play, and for some reason you still don't expect it.

His GW pass to Horton against the Lightning to take the series...he just coasts in, really doesn't look like he's a threat to make a goal happen and BAM...passes the puck over to Horton perfectly.

A very unique player...

And to be honest, he has all the skills to be a #1 centerman...but he's a Cup Contender #2 center. Absolute perfect #2.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:50 AM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsForItEveryYear View Post
what makes this particularly impressive is that he had 1 point in the montreal series. 1!! so 19 points in the 14 games since then. if he even had a decent first round he'd be the front runner for mvp and probably by a pretty decent margin.

say 5 points in the first round and hed lead in goals and points
Say 2 points

It's kind of funy how everytime their is pressure on him (playoff, injuries) DK prove he's the real thing and still have to do it again the next year, the same circle for four years now. Hope to see this trend come to an end this year.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:09 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBL View Post

A very unique player...

seems to me like he's a Cup Contender #1 seeing as how he's been carrying the offense on a Stanley Cup Final team. How good he really is is debatable, but I think at the very least we have to admit now that he is definitely a genuine #1 center.

Old
06-08-2011, 10:19 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

I've never wavered in my belief he will be a top 10 center in numbers. He's already played like a top 10 talent before these playoffs,but hindered by hip,concussion and other non disclosed injuries. He's not soft,he's simply not a hitter. Who the hell knows what he could do with a winger that had as much talent as him.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:25 AM
NiKrejci

My analysis of David Krejci..

Kid is and has been something special. He's one of the better passers in the league and now that he's shooting he's scoring too. He always seems to find chemistry with his linemates as he has had different ones every year so far. He has good speed (noticed they were having him carry it in the zone during the PP the other night.) At times he whips out datsyukian dangles, and his board play has become very good. He also doesn't let guys push him around and he is not a soft player. Not a great fighter, but won't hesitate to drop the gloves(What's good Hansen?). Also, the kid is a big time player without a doubt. Using the Olympics as an example where he was dominant even more so than a player named Jagr.
He is indeed a #1 center who has been playing with 2nd-3rd line players his whole career. He's not a liability or turnover machine, and he gets the job done defensively. We are very fortunate he developed into this kind of player.

NiKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:27 AM
NiKrejci

Oh, and in my opinion he turned Lucic into a 30 goal scorer.

NiKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:41 AM
RPIBruin

Send a message via AIM to RPIBruin Send a message via MSN to RPIBruin
I've had a seat on the Krejci bandwagon for years. I've gotten lots of crap about it at times when he's had his lulls. But finally people are getting that my "Lover" is pretty darn good. Why people call me his "Lover" I have no idea, but I'll embrace the hate. Krejci <3.

RPIBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:42 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

vCash: 50
I've always loved David Krejci. Silent, smooth and lethal. Just like a ninja warrior.

IMO the Bruins shouldn't have much trouble keeping him- IIRC he took the Bruins' first offer rather than have his agent try to suck more out of them when his latest contract came up.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:47 AM
CamFan81
Derp

krejci himself has said he's not fond of the regular season... His play in the playoffs has been terrific

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Neely08

Quote:

Ok, here's where people need to hit the brakes.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
Dude, you copied my handle.

06-08-2011, 11:22 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Yuh,I don't think he's an elite talent (top 3 or so) but I think he has the talent of the the level below that (5-10).

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 11:27 AM
corpfan1

David Krejci is my favorite player in the NHL (and of course favorite Bruin).

Is he a top 10 center? Not so sure...but he is close.

He should be a 100pt guy some day...I think that would be his goal.

If he had a "true" sniper around him, he would easily reach that mark. Although Horton and Lucic are great wingers, they really are 2nd-line wingers.

It would be great if the team had a #2 center and 2 top line wingers, but I guess Seguin will fill one of those spots in a couple years.

To me, Bergeron is the best 3rd line center in the league...and although he could easily be classed as a #2 center or even #1...he is perfect at 3rd line.

Would love to see these lines going forward at some point:

X - Krejci - Seguin
Lucic - X - Horton
X - Bergeron - Marchand
Thornton - Campbell - X

Who fills in the 4 Xs?

I guess Kelly could fill in on the 4th line nicely.

Peverley could fill in on 2nd or 3rd line for now.

A rookie could also fill in on the other 2nd or 3rd line spot.

But we are still missing that TRUE, ELITE SNIPER who could play along Krejci...I am talking about a Rick Nash type, a Dany Heatley type, a Corey Perry type, a Bobby Ryan, Stamkos, Iginla, Kovalchuk type. Now, I don't like a lot of these guys (love Perry and Ryan though)...but that is what Krejci and the Bs are missing to be elite offensively. But I guess you can't have everything!

corpfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
corpfan1

Wouldn't this look sweet:

Parise - Krejci - Seguin
Lucic - SAVVY - Horton
Peverley - Bergeron - Marchand
Thornton - Campbell - Kelly

corpfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
I hate how when you compare someone to another player in terms of style, everyone assumes you're saying he's as good as that player.