HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Atlanta Thrasher Fan Dispersal Draft - Welcome Sunshine36616!

Old
06-07-2011, 03:34 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbam99 View Post
You can't a true HFoiler with out understanding TOPPEP.

Do we dare?
Shhhh. We'll keep that under wraps for now. First she has to learn to hate the nucks and dream of stealing Montoya out of the Rangers hands.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 03:34 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Did I miss something. Are ex-trasher fans joining other teams and someone joined the Oilers so we made a joke about it or is there some sort of fan draft lol
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=922570

06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Sunshine36616

Thank you all for the welcomes! I love an active board. I'm currently reading through some Oiler blogs and threads about prospects (when I'm not working of course lol) and beefing up on my Oil knowledge.

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 05:11 PM
alanschu

We encourage you to also do that while working. We won't judge.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Hunt4Oil

Welcome Sunshine, the Oilers will be good again we promise! Well, we are shooting for better than 30th this upcoming season. That's a start!!

Hunt4Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Never anything wrong with a new fan, but a blogger whose blogs aren't rife with Corsi analysis is a freakin' godsend.

Welcome, Sunshine!!

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:00 PM
GatoradeG*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post

Never anything wrong with a new fan, but a blogger whose blogs aren't rife with Corsi analysis is a freakin' godsend.

Welcome, Sunshine!!
Aviator made me laugh.

Also, welcome to the Oilers boards Sunshine.

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:14 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
What is the first rule of TOPPEP?

Come on gang, we're slipping.
don't worry

When Montoya is playing Left wing and leading the charge it will all make sense

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Pressure
#fireEakins Team

This whole disperal draft is hilarious! lol welcome to the board Sunshine. I assure you, you will not be bored with us.
We're like that hot girlfriend/boyfriend everyone wants but is straight crazy, hot and cold tempers.

Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Phlare
Eberle4MVP

Hey Sunshine, welcome to the boards and we hope you enjoy it

Phlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 08:51 PM
GMofOilers

Pretty cool idea, there is alot of us on here lol Welcome!

GMofOilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:28 PM
OFD
Metal Thrasing Mad

Sunshine36616, welcome to Oil Country. The next few years will be an exciting time for us fans.

I grew up in Winnipeg, so I know the feeling of losing an NHL team. Even though I am an Oiler fan, it was still a tough feeling being a Winnipeger so I feel your pain

OFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Joseppi

vCash: 50
It's a roller coaster ride with the young team, but it's worth the ride for the highs. As has already been mentioned, nowhere to go but up

Welcome aboard!

Joseppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Welcome aboard!

If you stay long term that would be pretty neat. If you don't we won't judge, it takes a special kind of crazy to hang around these parts. We are bipolar on the best of days.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Shizuka

Haha, I don't know who came up with the fan dispersal draft but GREAT idea. Welcome aboard Sunshine, enjoy the craziness and don't take things too seriously (maybe that will fall on deaf ears, we are Oiler fans...).

Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:15 AM
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
Thank you all for the welcomes! I love an active board. I'm currently reading through some Oiler blogs and threads about prospects (when I'm not working of course lol) and beefing up on my Oil knowledge.
hmm, crazy idea here (dont know if it will be possible though)...is there anyone on our board that either works for the Oilers or a store that sells Oilers merch? How about if someone could maybe get the Oilers or their boss to donate some Oilers gear for our newest draft pick? Maybe a jersey, hat, t-shirt or banner (perhaps something with the championship years on it), something like that.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:19 AM
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLinsemanFanClub View Post
Welcome Sunshine. This board will provide you with a never ending source of entertainment and a steady supply of frustration.

I am very sorry to see Atlanta lose their team. Second time in history that you have had your team move to Canada (and we really despise the first team to do so) but it looks like you may not have been a fan for the first one. Don't lose hope, you may see a team back in the future.

My wife and I travelled to Georgia as part of our trip to the south 3 years ago. Absolutely loved it. The people were genuine and friendly. Never heard a bad word about Canadians. We even got up the nerve to eat breakfast at a Waffle House. A real cultural experience.

I see you are getting filled in on what to expect here. I'll add a couple more. OilerOlli will always rehash the draft choices and state that it was a stupid pick by the Oilers. He will criticize every pick and rarely have a compliment for any of them. Hindsight is his friend.

IamtheLiquor will always have the last word.

You will forever be puzzling over what TheStig/Graveyard Shift/Jump the Shark (I can never remember which one it is on any given day) is trying to say. We think his keyboard is defective.

Kevin Lowe is the epitomy of all that is wrong with the Oil. This is written.

Have fun here. There will be times when you will not be able to stop yourself from Laughing uncontrollably.

True story lol...one of the funniest posts i've seen on here in a while.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Women on internets?

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Krigaren*

Welcome to the boards. I find the drafting a thrashers fan hillarious.
Who knew something good would come out of all this?

Well to get you started here,

1. Do not ever under any circumstances say you like the cancuks. Before it used to be the flames, but Canucks is the hate flavour of the month and well you do not just want to mention anything good about them. For good meassure, just pop in and do one anti canucks post a day, it will make people happy and will assure that you are in good standing.

2. If you can, just agree with everyone else.

3. Under no circumstances mention Messier, Gretzky, Kuri or any off the ther old brigade in negative light. Rallys will be made and so fourth.

4. If you want to make me happy, cheer for Omark

5. dont get into an argument with Replecement. Hes a good guy, but it will last forever and you will regreat yourself for all the amount of time you spend replying.

6. Do not get into an argument about: Brule, Cogliano, Gagner they also tend to go on forever and ever i guess Omark is inculded here aswell at times but thats mostly me and replecement see point 5.

7. Complain about injuries, usually season starts with, ohh wounder how many games before Horcoff gets injuried?

8. Always refeer to Khabullini with some vodka joke. He is russian afterall.

Thats atleast to get you started on here.

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:29 AM
Blue And Orange
#KevinLoweMustGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Welcome aboard!

A quick primer, Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi good - Horcoff, Gilbert, Gagner bad.

That should get you started.

Sunshine, don't listen to what IATL, he does nothing but spread negativity on this board. HF Oil is where true die hard oilers fans like myself discuss hockey and have faith that the stanley cup will return to its rightful place of the great city ofEdmonton.

Blue And Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:29 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
And surprisingly, one of the only blog issues I had was with an Oiler fan who stole my favorite picture of Marty Reasoner. After that I started watermarking them, so I guess you could say the Oilers had a significant change on my blog even then
Marty Reasoner... International Man of Mystery??

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:46 AM
Herman72
I'm here to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
Welcome to the boards. I find the drafting a thrashers fan hillarious.
Who knew something good would come out of all this?

Well to get you started here,

1. Do not ever under any circumstances say you like the cancuks. Before it used to be the flames, but Canucks is the hate flavour of the month and well you do not just want to mention anything good about them. For good meassure, just pop in and do one anti canucks post a day, it will make people happy and will assure that you are in good standing.

2. If you can, just agree with everyone else.

3. Under no circumstances mention Messier, Gretzky, Kuri or any off the ther old brigade in negative light. Rallys will be made and so fourth.

4. If you want to make me happy, cheer for Omark

5. dont get into an argument with Replecement. Hes a good guy, but it will last forever and you will regreat yourself for all the amount of time you spend replying.

6. Do not get into an argument about: Brule, Cogliano, Gagner they also tend to go on forever and ever i guess Omark is inculded here aswell at times but thats mostly me and replecement see point 5.

7. Complain about injuries, usually season starts with, ohh wounder how many games before Hemsky gets injuried?

8. Always refeer to Khabullini with some vodka joke. He is russian afterall.

Thats atleast to get you started on here.
Fix'd.

Herman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Sunshine36616

Thank you all so much! I would love to have an Oilers decal or something. I'll rock a shirt. I have a friend in Oklahoma who follows the Barons, so I am familiar with Omark, he was a big favorite. I can even pronounce Hartikainen!

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:27 AM
rookie boy

Sunshine, welcome to the board. You will be surprised and delighted at how extensively things are debated here.

For instance, I would not be surprised in the least if your Reasoner picture sparked a 12 page debate on his character, FO %, dedication, etc.. with the following arguments:

Replacement: How can Reasoner be so goofy when there are children living on the streets of Edmonton which need the money the city is throwing away on an Arena?

Real Estate Agent: Obviously, Reasoner just recieved a special "tax break" from the mayor. I put out some flyers about it and no one disputed it.

Kentucky Cowboy: Good on Reasoner! I have a nicer tux!

The Stig/Jump the Shark: resnr was in my hcky pol but nvr got me any ponts

There will then be someone who will state that at least Reasoner is better than Gagner, with rebuttles of Gagner only being 21, so "let's wait" with extensive comparisons to body type similarities and then youtube postings of the players trying to be funny ("I think Marty's funnier! Better for the Dressing room!") and then several Gagner proposals that are irrelevant to the discussion.

OilerOilli: Reasoner was the worst decision Management has ever made

Then someone will dig up several OilerOilli posts on him trying to run Reasoner out of town while we had him at which point he'll switch to a different thread to complain.

This will spark a subdiscussion on players ran out of town, which will inevitably have someone who is 15 years old state that we never should have gotten rid of Arnott because he's "awesome" and has no clue what went on when Arnott was here which will spark another mini-discussion...

...which will lead to Souray, and three pages of how Souray is innocent, and rebuttle that Souray is an idiot, which will eventually lead to...

...the rumour thread, where newoilburnsclean claims he heard from a source that we are trading Souray for Reasoner.

Welcome my friend. You are in for a treat.

Jason.

rookie boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Pressure
#fireEakins Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie boy View Post
Sunshine, welcome to the board. You will be surprised and delighted at how extensively things are debated here.

For instance, I would not be surprised in the least if your Reasoner picture sparked a 12 page debate on his character, FO %, dedication, etc.. with the following arguments:

Replacement: How can Reasoner be so goofy when there are children living on the streets of Edmonton which need the money the city is throwing away on an Arena?

Real Estate Agent: Obviously, Reasoner just recieved a special "tax break" from the mayor. I put out some flyers about it and no one disputed it.

Kentucky Cowboy: Good on Reasoner! I have a nicer tux!

The Stig/Jump the Shark: resnr was in my hcky pol but nvr got me any ponts

There will then be someone who will state that at least Reasoner is better than Gagner, with rebuttles of Gagner only being 21, so "let's wait" with extensive comparisons to body type similarities and then youtube postings of the players trying to be funny ("I think Marty's funnier! Better for the Dressing room!") and then several Gagner proposals that are irrelevant to the discussion.

OilerOilli: Reasoner was the worst decision Management has ever made

Then someone will dig up several OilerOilli posts on him trying to run Reasoner out of town while we had him at which point he'll switch to a different thread to complain.

This will spark a subdiscussion on players ran out of town, which will inevitably have someone who is 15 years old state that we never should have gotten rid of Arnott because he's "awesome" and has no clue what went on when Arnott was here which will spark another mini-discussion...

...which will lead to Souray, and three pages of how Souray is innocent, and rebuttle that Souray is an idiot, which will eventually lead to...

...the rumour thread, where newoilburnsclean claims he heard from a source that we are trading Souray for Reasoner.

Welcome my friend. You are in for a treat.

Jason.

TITT!

This Is The Truth!! lol

My new internet acronym.

Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote