HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Pavelski or Couture

Old
06-04-2011, 06:03 PM
matt trick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
You mean this guy?

Makes Ruutu difficult to hate haha.

matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
You mean this guy?

What a dive. Ruutu didn't even touch him

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 02:35 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealistSharksFan View Post
No, no, and no.

Pavelski no because SJ is short on right handed shooters.

Couture no because he is just too valuable for the future.

The closest you got to an actual deal is #1 if you switched Couture for Pavelski.
Totally agree. Personally, I believe that if we are able to, and desire to, move one of our top 7 up front, Heatley simply should be our only choice and option. Too close to the ultimate goal for us & the rest still have youth & skill while others skill & something to prove to Sharks fans. With Heatley, I think we've seen the best he can give us and, at least 'may' have some trade value in our goal to strengthen our D.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 04:52 PM
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp

Why wouldnt we want Phaneuf? He is a great D man and one of the best hitters in the game. He would provide good grit to a team. He was good on Calgary but then went to Toronto where everyone is bad

GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 05:02 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkLoc91 View Post
Why wouldnt we want Phaneuf? He is a great D man and one of the best hitters in the game. He would provide good grit to a team. He was good on Calgary but then went to Toronto where everyone is bad
He's the Captain in TO, he's not getting traded. They'll likely make a pitch for Richards, probably not get him, and then move onto secondary options. Pavelski would be a good option for them, but unless they are looking to move Schenn (who I am not super hot on) I don't really know there is a deal to be done.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 02:34 AM
KirbyDots

Sharks should not consider trading Pavelski unless there is a massive over payment coming back. Pavs led the team in PTS/G, tied with Marleau. The offense is good and the depth the sharks have at center is one reason it's so good. In my opinion the sharks should try and sign someone in free agency to solve the admittedly massive problem on defense rather than sacrificing a major strength. If DW resigns White and lets Wallin and huskins walk and signs someone better we improve slightly, he has the rest of the season to make changes and should have a lot more to spend at the deadline.

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:06 AM
OrrNumber4

I'd like to see how Couture responds next year. Setoguchi struggled when defenses figured him out. Couture should be harder to pin down; let us see.

OrrNumber4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 03:28 AM
DROPxTHExGLOVES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
Totally agree. Personally, I believe that if we are able to, and desire to, move one of our top 7 up front, Heatley simply should be our only choice and option. Too close to the ultimate goal for us & the rest still have youth & skill while others skill & something to prove to Sharks fans. With Heatley, I think we've seen the best he can give us and, at least 'may' have some trade value in our goal to strengthen our D.
Heater is the obvious choice, but that is only because he is so overpaid. I doubt anyone would want to take on his salary, except Doug Wilson apparentley.

DROPxTHExGLOVES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 10:42 AM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
Sharks should not consider trading Pavelski unless there is a massive over payment coming back. Pavs led the team in PTS/G, tied with Marleau. The offense is good and the depth the sharks have at center is one reason it's so good. In my opinion the sharks should try and sign someone in free agency to solve the admittedly massive problem on defense rather than sacrificing a major strength. If DW resigns White and lets Wallin and huskins walk and signs someone better we improve slightly, he has the rest of the season to make changes and should have a lot more to spend at the deadline.
Quote:
Heater is the obvious choice, but that is only because he is so overpaid. I doubt anyone would want to take on his salary, except Doug Wilson apparentley.
Very good points on all. Heater should be our only option to move up front, of the big guys, simply due to dollars and we've seen the best he will give us. But, if no takers and simply the enquiries are of the others, I think we stand pat. This can be rectified though by a couple means; as mentioned above, via free agency and, saving money in not re-signing wasted dollars in Huskins and Wallin and moving out the likes of Nitty and Mitchell (Mitch. simply if we can't move Heater). And please don't re-sign the likes of Eager.

Would really like to see Greiss get some decent play time this season as well, say 25-30 games.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 03:16 AM
DROPxTHExGLOVES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sharks19 View Post
Very good points on all. Heater should be our only option to move up front, of the big guys, simply due to dollars and we've seen the best he will give us. But, if no takers and simply the enquiries are of the others, I think we stand pat. This can be rectified though by a couple means; as mentioned above, via free agency and, saving money in not re-signing wasted dollars in Huskins and Wallin and moving out the likes of Nitty and Mitchell (Mitch. simply if we can't move Heater). And please don't re-sign the likes of Eager.

Would really like to see Greiss get some decent play time this season as well, say 25-30 games.
Heater doesn't get moved, lets just take that out of the equation for the sake of probability.

With that being said....

My vote is for Ryan Clowe. It hurts for me to say that, but it makes sense to me because SJ is so stacked on left handed forwards. I would trade Clowe straight up for a defender of equal value as long as it was not to a division rival. Clowe is far more attractive deal than Heatley at only half of the cost.

Can't say I agree about Thomas Greiss.

DROPxTHExGLOVES* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:57 AM
BrianSmith
Chokers

Quote:
Heater doesn't get moved, lets just take that out of the equation for the sake of probability.

With that being said....

My vote is for Ryan Clowe. It hurts for me to say that, but it makes sense to me because SJ is so stacked on left handed forwards. I would trade Clowe straight up for a defender of equal value as long as it was not to a division rival. Clowe is far more attractive deal than Heatley at only half of the cost.

Can't say I agree about Thomas Greiss.
No No No No No on trading Clowe. Who would replace him and his production? Who would replace his style of play? Ugh, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BrianSmith is online now   Reply With Quote