HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Andrej Meszaros

Old
06-08-2011, 03:28 AM
big ape

vCash: 500
Andrej Meszaros

I don't know much about the man,so i would like some feedback on his value,also his strengths and weakness.The little i have seen of him has been impressive.Tampa,Ottawa feel free to add your thoughts on his past.Mostly intrested in his now team ,so Philly what would it take to get him in Oiler colours.

big ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 03:37 AM
decadentia

He won't be moved, Flyers fans have been incredibly impressed with him and he's the closest thing we have to a complete defenseman after Pronger/Timonen.

As far as I know, he played like crap in Tampa.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 04:03 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

you could have better luck at getting Timonen...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:54 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
He was the Flyers' most consistent defenseman last season. He's pretty much secure unless you can knock Holmgren's socks off.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
He wasn't good in Ottawa, especially asking for a ridiculous contract after his ELC.

However, in his time in Philly, he has shown that he is an above average Top 4 defenceman, and I couldn't see the Flyers ever looking to move him, despite his "seemingly" high cap hit. If they are looking to move anyone, it would probably be Kimmo Timonen.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:44 AM
PhillyCurt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
He wasn't good in Ottawa, especially asking for a ridiculous contract after his ELC.

However, in his time in Philly, he has shown that he is an above average Top 4 defenceman, and I couldn't see the Flyers ever looking to move him, despite his "seemingly" high cap hit. If they are looking to move anyone, it would probably be Kimmo Timonen
you seem to have misspelled "matt carle"

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Ricky Bobby

Solid all-around Dman who plays well in a system that has a quick transition game because he has a good breakout pass but doesn't have the ability to create plays out of nothing. He is physical when needed but doesn't take himself out of position looking for big hits.

A very good # 3 dman or a slightly below average # 2 dman.

His 4 million cap hit is around what he should be making if you at the contracts that have been handed out to other # 3 type dman the last few years.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:59 AM
MoreGore

From what I know about Mez, he is best suited to be a secondary figure on defense. With the Sens he was gold when behind Chara/Redden/Phillips, but when he was relied on, he was just not up to the job. Now in Philly, he is gold again, but behind Pronger, Timmonen etc.

Right now, his trade value is high, ship him out to a team like Toronto where he could be of use for them.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:58 AM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post
From what I know about Mez, he is best suited to be a secondary figure on defense. With the Sens he was gold when behind Chara/Redden/Phillips, but when he was relied on, he was just not up to the job. Now in Philly, he is gold again, but behind Pronger, Timmonen etc.

Right now, his trade value is high, ship him out to a team like Toronto where he could be of use for them.
I don't think he'll be shipped out anywhere. I think he's a Flyer for some time...first, the fact that he's been in the league for 6 years and has played on 3 teams I think distracts people from the fact that he's still only 25. He's by no means done learning and developing, and 25 is not nearly the "prime" of a dman's career.

Not only that, you can talk all you want about him as a secondary piece behind Prongs and Timonen, but the fact was that Pronger was hurt for a large chunk of the season and Timonen had a few uncharacteristically shaky stretches. The Flyers' best stretches this past season all actually came with Pronger out of the lineup and Meszaros essentially playing as the #1 guy. Philly is his home, for now.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:06 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGore View Post

100% agree with this, Mez is better suited to being a secondary figure at this point in his career.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote