HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XXIII (All non Habs related news here)

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Etienne

vCash: 500
Carter is a goal scoring center therefore he'd fit a lot better on team with playmaking wingers. Just like Stamkos' career took off when he started playing with St-Louis. Habs' wingers on the top 6 are all snipers and 2 "best" centers, it feels wrong using that word for Gomez, are playmakers which is why we managed to push a SCF team to the brink in the first round despite a defensive style and so many injuries on the blueline. I love Carter, he's got a nasty shot and has the size we lack in the middle, but I don't think he's a good fit with the lineup we have.

Old
06-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Carter is a goal scoring center therefore he'd fit a lot better on team with playmaking wingers. Just like Stamkos' career took off when he started playing with St-Louis. Habs' wingers on the top 6 are all snipers and 2 "best" centers, it feels wrong using that word for Gomez, are playmakers which is why we managed to push a SCF team to the brink in the first round despite a defensive style and so many injuries on the blueline. I love Carter, he's got a nasty shot and has the size we lack in the middle, but I don't think he's a good fit with the lineup we have.
Doubt the Flyers will wanna send him to another team in the East, I expect a trade with the Jackets and he will be teammate with Rick Nash

Old
06-08-2011, 08:27 AM
OpenIceHit

Isn't Bryzgalov the goalie Coyotes got for free a couple years ago?

As for the Flyers, I doubt they will get rid of Carter. Imo Hartnell would be the one to go is they need cap space.

Old
06-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Protest the Hero

Btw, a late, north-south, shoulder to the head check where the player was looking in another direction, where have I seen that before...

Old
06-08-2011, 09:02 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Why do you feed my inner rage towards Boston... I totally forgot about this. It's more of a cheap shot than anything, but shows that the consequence (injury) to the opposing player is taken into consideration.

*screams freaking loud at home*

Old
06-08-2011, 09:45 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post

As for the Flyers, I doubt they will get rid of Carter. Imo Hartnell would be the one to go is they need cap space.
Yes, picked off of waivers from the Ducks. If my memory serves me, Bryz had been promised more playing time or a trade. The Ducks GM then put him on waivers knowing Coyotes would pick him up and not be able to trade him to another contender. The Ducks still had Giguere, and Hiller waiting in the wings.

Old
06-08-2011, 09:49 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Btw, a late, north-south, shoulder to the head check where the player was looking in another direction, where have I seen that before...

Yes, by the new "standard", that would have been a four game suspension, no?
I wonder how many suspensions we will see next year?

Quote:
"Two factors were considered in reaching this decision," said NHL senior vice president of hockey operations Mike Murphy in a statement. "The hit by Rome was clearly beyond what is acceptable in terms of how late it was delivered after Horton had released the puck and it caused a significant injury."

"This has nothing to do with the stage, it's the play," Murphy added. "We looked at the injury and talked to Boston's medical people and it doesn't look good for Nathan to play in this series. This is not about what's happened in the past. This is my standard."
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368125

Old
06-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Protest the Hero

Yes if only Halpern was seriously injured on the play, maybe Ference could've been suspended for a couple of games.....

Isn't Mike Murphy's "standard" the same one he would have used in the Montreal-Boston series considering Campbell excuses himself from dealing with Boston discipline?

What's done is done. I apologize for bringing up more bad memories, I just wish the CBC or TSN would confront these guys. We have no power at all, so unless the big networks asked the important questions to the actual guys in charge, nothing will happen.

Old
06-08-2011, 10:12 AM
OpenIceHit

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLs-g9lPEc

What about this one? Pure madness!!

Old
06-08-2011, 10:13 AM
habsrule22

Quote:
Yes if only Halpern was seriously injured on the play, maybe Ference could've been suspended for a couple of games.....

Isn't Mike Murphy's "standard" the same one he would have used in the Montreal-Boston series considering Campbell excuses himself from dealing with Boston discipline?

What's done is done. I apologize for bringing up more bad memories, I just wish the CBC or TSN would confront these guys. We have no power at all, so unless the big networks asked the important questions to the actual guys in charge, nothing will happen.
Exactly, couldn't have said it better, were was the standard in the Halpern and Patch hits. The NHl has only themselves to blame for this mess. They have let things slide all year. Until they get there shyt together and apply consistency to their discipline, the league will always appear as 2 nd class. It looks good on the league that it has come back to bite them on the a$$ during the finals. Maybe it was the wake up call that has been long overdue.

Old
06-08-2011, 10:50 AM
googlymoogly

Murphy says if it wasn't a late hit then it wouldn't even be a penalty. He then says since it was late and caused an injury it deserves a suspension. In the Stanly Cup final it has a multiplier to regular season of around 4 or 5 games.

Under this very reasoning. Patches was hit late that caused an injury. Since it happened during the regular season then Chara should of gotten anywhere from 16 to 20 games compared to the Rome Cup finals suspension.

This is what Bruin fans fail to put together. They continually come up with the two hits were different from each other. The problem is Murphy agrees both hits were illegal under hockey rules whether you call the hit late or interference they caused serious injuries. So under his own words Chara should have been suspended.

Now the final conclusion, both of Murphy's rulings have favored towards the Bruins. He didn't even look at the dirty blindside hit of Ference on Halpern. Murphy seems to allow Boston extra leeway while heavily penalizing teams that may cause damage to Boston.

Old
06-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Etienne

A nice summary of the last season under Campbell/Murphy:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Old
06-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Murphy says if it wasn't a late hit then it wouldn't even be a penalty. He then says since it was late and caused an injury it deserves a suspension. In the Stanly Cup final it has a multiplier to regular season of around 4 or 5 games.

Under this very reasoning. Patches was hit late that caused an injury. Since it happened during the regular season then Chara should of gotten anywhere from 16 to 20 games compared to the Rome Cup finals suspension.

This is what Bruin fans fail to put together. They continually come up with the two hits were different from each other. The problem is Murphy agrees both hits were illegal under hockey rules whether you call the hit late or interference they caused serious injuries. So under his own words Chara should have been suspended.

Now the final conclusion, both of Murphy's rulings have favored towards the Bruins. He didn't even look at the dirty blindside hit of Ference on Halpern. Murphy seems to allow Boston extra leeway while heavily penalizing teams that may cause damage to Boston.

Yeah he did, they had a meeting on the phone. Ference told him it was an accident, that he saw him at the last second and braced for impact, Murphy bought it and they did nothing. He publicly stated that he believed Ference, yet he said about Rome that he felt for him but what he said has no bearing on his decision.

Last edited by Habsawce: 06-08-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old
06-08-2011, 11:29 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Yeah he did, they had a meeting on the phone. Ference told him it was an accident, that he saw him at the last second and braced for impact, Murphy bought it and they did nothing. He publicly stated that he believed Ference, yet he said about Rome that he felt for him but what he said has no bearing on his decision.
Yeah, and he also believed his wardrobe malfunction excuses I guess...

These rulings are so unbelievably one-sided and biased... we can only laugh...

Old
06-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit View Post

Hartnell has a NTC, that's what I saw on the Flyers board, Carter makes the most sense and also a trade that would bring back something very good. With JVR having a very good season and playoffs, flyers could afford to move Carter IMO

Old
06-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Habsawce

Well Gomez was trainign with Biosteel and Cammalleri. If he continues to train with him this off season I believe he will be a 60+ point producer, he just lacks focus and will. Camms will help him with that.

I truly believe he was embarrassed last season and will be a great 2nd line center for us this season. Not 7.3 million good but he doesn't need to be, he just needs to be better than the other teams 2nd line center, which is plausible.

Carter has a long contract and would cost a lot to get. Just don't see how it's good for this team at this time, especially with Price and Subban coming up and Pacioretty getting a new deal this season.

Old
06-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Protest the Hero

I know the Bruins fans said it, but didn't Ference also say Halpern should watch where he's skating or something? Don't you dare tell them that Horton should watch where he's skating though!

Old
06-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
I know the Bruins fans said it, but didn't Ference also say Halpern should watch where he's skating or something? Don't you dare tell them that Horton should watch where he's skating though!
It's futile to argue with Bruins fans, they'd rather pee on you!

Old
06-08-2011, 03:37 PM
HomaridII

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
For what it's worth, amid all the Jeff Carter trade rumors, I am told PHI is not trying to move him and not planning to move him.

Old
06-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
For what it's worth, amid all the Jeff Carter trade rumors, I am told PHI is not trying to move him and not planning to move him.
Yeah I never understood the Carter trade rumours. They have almost zero prospect depth and they heavily rely on their current young forward core. I think they're going to keep Richards (1985), Giroux (1988), JVR (1989), Carter (1985) for a very long time. Two very good centers and two very good wingers (assuming JVR continues to progress). A good top two lines for a long time. The rest of the pieces they'll sign or trade for but those four I think they keep no matter what.

Old
06-08-2011, 05:12 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Well Gomez was trainign with Biosteel and Cammalleri. If he continues to train with him this off season I believe he will be a 60+ point producer, he just lacks focus and will. Camms will help him with that.

I truly believe he was embarrassed last season and will be a great 2nd line center for us this season. Not 7.3 million good but he doesn't need to be, he just needs to be better than the other teams 2nd line center, which is plausible.

Carter has a long contract and would cost a lot to get. Just don't see how it's good for this team at this time, especially with Price and Subban coming up and Pacioretty getting a new deal this season.
Hope your right, Gomez on a mission just might do it.

Old
06-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

I kept wishing that thuggery wouldn't get a certain team this far into the playoffs. Well, at least the Canucks have some thugs of their own and don't come into the series unilaterally disarmed. How about a collision of matter and antimatter that results in mutual annihilation?

Old
06-08-2011, 08:20 PM
old scotia

Mike Murphy consulted Burke for suspension

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/07...er-leafs-burke

Old
06-09-2011, 07:46 AM
nilan30

Probably not the popular opinion around here but I would be a very happy man to not have Max Lapierre lift the cup over his head in he next week.

Old
06-09-2011, 08:54 AM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
A nice summary of the last season under Campbell/Murphy:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html
Good summary of their ****** accomplishments. Thanks!

Closed Thread