HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers.com 20 in 20 Prospects (Today: Dan Hobbs)

Old
06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Chalfdiggity3

vCash: 500
Rangers.com 20 in 20 Prospects (Today: Dan Hobbs)

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=564937

Evgeny Grachev has been such a strong presence in the Rangers' developmental system over the past three years that it is all too easy to forget that the towering Russian forward is still only 21 years old.

Three years ago, just a few days after he was drafted 75th overall by the Rangers in Round 3 of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Grachev arrived at the Madison Square Garden Training Center for the first of his three Prospect Development Camp experiences. Still learning the English language at that time, Grachev spent much of that week with his friend Artem Anisimov – the only other Russian-speaking player at camp.

In addition to their shared nationality, Grachev and Anisimov had strong ties from back home. Part of the same junior program in Yaroslavl, Russia, they were teammates for a handful of games in the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons before Anisimov crossed the Atlantic to begin his pro career in North America.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 06:01 PM
mullichicken25

Nice read...would love to see him next to stepan next season if he can win the job out of camp

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
I have not given up on him yet, and I think he is going to breakout next season in the A

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
satrabyk

I dont know why people are getting down on him. From what ive seen in the couple games he has shown some good things. Getting harder on the forecheck and gaining some muscle to battle on boards. I would like to see him play 3rd/4th line next year atleast for 9 games and see what he can do.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Chalfdiggity3

I think itl be a breakout year for him, and would love to see him with stepan and someone like Wolski or Thomas

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 07:14 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Durring his first pre season here, I remember Grachev, Artie, & Lisin playing on a line together. That was the only time I ever saw Lisin play to his pre-NYR hype, I thought Grachev & Artie had some chemistry thing going but we aquired a few players that summer and they had to play due to contracts. Brashear, Rissmiller, Voros and someone else I believe. Artie wound up on the 4th line most of the year. Lisin was Lisin, and Grachev had some tools but looked out of place without Artie and you could tell he needed to work on his foot speed.

I love the Pack line and believe if Richards comes the Pack line could be a formitable 2nd line. But I'd really like to see what Grachev can do with Artie and Stepan as a 2nd choice.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
Durring his first pre season here, I remember Grachev, Artie, & Lisin playing on a line together. That was the only time I ever saw Lisin play to his pre-NYR hype, I thought Grachev & Artie had some chemistry thing going but we aquired a few players that summer and they had to play due to contracts. Brashear, Rissmiller, Voros and someone else I believe. Artie wound up on the 4th line most of the year. Lisin was Lisin, and Grachev had some tools but looked out of place without Artie and you could tell he needed to work on his foot speed.

I love the Pack line and believe if Richards comes the Pack line could be a formitable 2nd line. But I'd really like to see what Grachev can do with Artie and Stepan as a 2nd choice.
The Pack Line is already a formidable 2nd line.

Richards gives us an actual first line, no matter who the left wing is.

I dont foresee Grachev cracking the lineup with any regularity anytime soon, and perhaps never.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:55 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
For me I think Grachev was that film I went to go see that everyone said was soooooo great and it just turned out to be okay and so when I left the theater I was disappointed because my expectations were too hight.

Size, speed, 40-40 coming out of Jrs and boy was I pumped about this kid. Ever since he's been nothing but mediocre and has shown the drive of Bobby Sanguinetti at camp each year, very underwhelming. I've been getting the Fedor Fedorov or Marcel Hossa feeling from Grachev and I'm getting the itch to package and ship for a big piece. If he shines in camp, great, if not, I really like the way Kreider and Fasth look.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I had such high hopes for him...really drank the kool-aid on this one..hopefully he'll turn into a nice player. I don't think it's far-fetched for him to be on our opening night roster.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:07 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
For me I think Grachev was that film I went to go see that everyone said was soooooo great and it just turned out to be okay and so when I left the theater I was disappointed because my expectations were too hight.

Size, speed, 40-40 coming out of Jrs and boy was I pumped about this kid. Ever since he's been nothing but mediocre and has shown the drive of Bobby Sanguinetti at camp each year, very underwhelming. I've been getting the Fedor Fedorov or Marcel Hossa feeling from Grachev and I'm getting the itch to package and ship for a big piece. If he shines in camp, great, if not, I really like the way Kreider and Fasth look.
Like so many players that have come through the organization, he's got confidence issues. It was never an issue of effort, he just doesn't want the puck sometimes. He was very good in the AHL at the end of the season (yes, I actually watched him), but he still doesn't really carry the puck. Barely shoots either, but he is a talented passer. You can see it when he skates around, he oozes talent; he resemble Malkin so much. That big lanky stride, powering through players when he carries the puck, but also exhibiting tremendous skill. He was a very solid contributor on the penalty kill as well, although he still relies heavily on the quick touch pass. I don't see why he doesn't skate it end to end more, he's certainly capable.

I think his offensive confidence was shattered last year, and he's slowly piecing it together.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post

Grachev is not Sanguinetti, Fed-Fed or Marcel. He will play in the NHL. Worst case, he'll be a useful role player. Best case, he'll be a good second liner. Most likely, he'll be a very good third liner who'll play a good all-around game while knocking in 16-18 goals per season.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Grachev is not Sanguinetti, Fed-Fed or Marcel. He will play in the NHL. Worst case, he'll be a useful role player. Best case, he'll be a good second liner. Most likely, he'll be a very good third liner who'll play a good all-around game while knocking in 16-18 goals per season.
i could live with that.although i honestly think with the right linemates and enough ice time,with his skills,he could pot 25 goals a season.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:22 AM
skroob**

He was a #75 pick three summers ago. 90% of #75 picks are never heard from again the day after they are drafted. Lets give this kid some room, huh?

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Pizza

....what I'm thinking skroob.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
He was a #75 pick three summers ago. 90% of #75 picks are never heard from again the day after they are drafted. Lets give this kid some room, huh?
And hes only 21 to boot! The problem is hes old news, and people want a shiny new toy....

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
And hes only 21 to boot! The problem is hes old news, and people want a shiny new toy....
Grachev was drafted and then put up 80 points his first year in the States and everyone went nuts.

Fasth is drafted this year and no one pay attentions attention then he has a very good showing and all of a sudden he is a can't miss guy.

We all need to be patient, some guys develop faster than others.

For every Rick Nash there is a David Backes, Backes play 3 years in college almost two years in the AHL then only scored 23 goals in his first 121 games.

Godzilla needs to understand what to do with his body and how it can work to his advantage...in Juniors he was just bigger and better than everyone else.

In the AHL he was playing with men and didn't understand why his size wasn't to his advantage anymore.

The Rangers are grooming a complete player, I am glad Gordie and Groton understand this and the people are these boards are not in charge.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Grachev was drafted and then put up 80 points his first year in the States and everyone went nuts.

Fasth is drafted this year and no one pay attentions attention then he has a very good showing and all of a sudden he is a can't miss guy.

We all need to be patient, some guys develop faster than others.

For every Rick Nash there is a David Backes, Backes play 3 years in college almost two years in the AHL then only scored 23 goals in his first 121 games.

Godzilla needs to understand what to do with his body and how it can work to his advantage...in Juniors he was just bigger and better than everyone else.

In the AHL he was playing with men and didn't understand why his size wasn't to his advantage anymore.

The Rangers are grooming a complete player, I am glad Gordie and Groton understand this and the people are these boards are not in charge.
Well said. Could you imagine if our board was in charge?!?!?!

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
Well said. Could you imagine if our board was in charge?!?!?!
Our team would be a bi polar mess.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:42 PM
free0717

Carl Hagelin

Great Read

Cant wait to see Carl @ Prospect Camp

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm...id=DL|NYR|home

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I'm gonna just make this one thread, instead of having one each day.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:21 PM
nafsregnar27

vCash: 50
I love the bit about him not liking the DRW, since their was speculation of him going to them. I really hope to see him do well at TC.

nafsregnar27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:27 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Our team would be a bi polar mess.
We wouldn't even have a team haha. Man you think they're high on hagelin? Hope he has a great camp. Don't think the bag skates will get him.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=565364. Danny Hobbs. Maybe a late bloomer

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote