HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2011, 10:17 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Welcome aboard!

Old
06-07-2011, 10:50 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
I only lived there for 18 months, was poor for a good bit of that time. I ate slightly better than a Ramen diet (and ate Ramen a good bit too).
Dalton's was about a mile away from where I lived, convenience more than anything.

Always regretted not trying more places. Next time I'm up that way, I'll be more than happy to take any suggestions of where to get my grub on.
Awesome. Trust me, I long for hell holes (much worse than Daltons) in cities that I called home with empty pockets. I had a rat encounter in this one Italian place in DC metro area that I miss badly. Come back and we'll find you some new stuff AND let you go back to Daltons if you want.

Old
06-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Welcome, cws.

Let us know when your first roadtrip is so we can buy you a beer(s).

Old
06-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Welcome!

I remember watching Magnum P.I. with my Dad when I was a kid.

Old
06-08-2011, 01:47 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin

Welcome to Pred-Nation, we're happy to have you here!

Old
06-08-2011, 01:48 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin

Welcome to Pred-Nation, we're happy to have you here!

Old
06-08-2011, 06:35 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
Welcome, cws.

Let us know when your first roadtrip is so we can buy you a beer(s).
Sidenote: Prepare to get sloshed.

Old
06-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Glad to have you here. Bring your friends!
Buy T-shirts!

Old
06-08-2011, 06:39 AM
thomas magnum

Woke up early. Came to the hfboards. Clicked on the Thrashers board. Saw a slew of threads from Winnipeg fans and immediately came here. Happy to start a new journey as a hockey fan.

If anyone has any other links to blogs about the Preds that they frequent or the place to get the latest or most accurate news I would appreciate it. I always knew where to go to find out stuff about the Thrash. Starting over from scratch isn't easy.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:07 AM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Woke up early. Came to the hfboards. Clicked on the Thrashers board. Saw a slew of threads from Winnipeg fans and immediately came here. Happy to start a new journey as a hockey fan.

If anyone has any other links to blogs about the Preds that they frequent or the place to get the latest or most accurate news I would appreciate it. I always knew where to go to find out stuff about the Thrash. Starting over from scratch isn't easy.
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predators/

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/

Both of those are daily reading for me.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:25 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
Wow almost exactly the same thing I used to do to get info on the Thrashers. Check the SBNation page and the AJC page for the team. Thanks!

Old
06-08-2011, 08:01 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

To embed YouTube videos enclose the letters after the "=" in or click Go Advanced and use the Youtube icon.

For example: if the link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi5nkjhMnds you would enclose the "Wi5nKjhMnds" part

oh and welcome to the boards

Old
06-08-2011, 08:12 AM
thomas magnum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

HEY IT WORKS!

EAT IT!

Last edited by thomas magnum: 06-08-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Lol...kinda works..don't know how i screwed that up but you get the idea
Old
06-08-2011, 09:42 AM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
Sidenote: Prepare to get sloshed.
That's part of the reason why I cheaped out on the food when I lived there, needed beer money.
Great town for drinking and having fun, especially when most of the population was very happy to join in with you.

Look forward to several more days/nights of that, whenever I get the chance. Don't get too many chances down here, probably because I live a ways away from any good spots (and hangovers last longer than they used to).

Old
06-08-2011, 09:52 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cws View Post
That's part of the reason why I cheaped out on the food when I lived there, needed beer money.
Great town for drinking and having fun, especially when most of the population was very happy to join in with you.

Look forward to several more days/nights of that, whenever I get the chance. Don't get too many chances down here, probably because I live a ways away from any good spots (and hangovers last longer than they used to).
Yeah I hate that. I used to be able to down an entire fifth of cheap whiskey in one night, and the next morning I could wake up, eat breakfast, and go run a mile without thinking twice about it. Now if I overdo it I'll regret it for at least 24 hours, sometimes it lingers longer.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Old
06-08-2011, 12:26 PM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffwrx View Post
I'll have to check these out too.

Might take me a while to get up to speed, hopefully I'll have a new job in a few weeks; transition out of one and into another is always a pain.

Always hate it when these trivial job things get in the way of important stuff.

Old
06-08-2011, 12:50 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Well... the draft is done.... there's 1 atlanta thread remaining on the Atlanta board.... We're waiting on the other shoe to drop on the 21st.... BTN's already said he's stepping down as a mod as of the 21st.... And I'm feeling pretty stinkin hollow on the inside because I no longer instinctively click on the Atlanta forum first when I log in.

The good news? I'm home. Thanks Preds fans!

Old
06-08-2011, 12:51 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

HEY IT WORKS!

EAT IT!
You don't have to post the whole URL; just put everything after the "=" in [YT] tags. You'll get the hang of it.

Old
06-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Bubbles99

Quote:
It's good to see that some of the other Thrashers fans are feeling the same way as I do about the Winnipeggers taking over the boards. I used to frequent the official boards a lot more and mostly lurked over here but I've been here a lot more recently because the quality of hockey talk is MUCH better over here. But now on both boards the Winnipeggers are taking control and it's sickening to me. I realize its going to happen but I wish that they would just wait until the forum changes names or at least until the BOG vote is final.

All I know is, I'm already excited about starting to support the Preds and I'm seriously considering going ahead and making a call about tickets for opening night. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do (much like others have said) but I assumed I might kinda follow the boys up to Winnipeg but now I just don't feel like I can do it. It's gonna suck not to watch Enstrom or Buff. Or to see Kane mature into the great power forward that I know he is going to be. I just feel like I don't know that I can hang on with the Winnipeggers and start reading the **** they are writing about getting a team and all the ridiculous posts that are coming along with it.

Sorry for the rant.

Where can a guy get a nice Preds hat? I'm already getting sick of having 10 conversations a day about "why the Thrashers left" on the street with random people who have no idea or even care why. I wear a hat almost every day and I need a new one.
I was also thinking about following the team in Winnipeg as well but the new 'fans' have really turned me off. It really irks me when I keep hearing them say that "their team is back" or "the Jets are back." Your beloved Jets are in fact not back and are still playing in the desert. I also cannot stand how they act as if they're entitled to get an NHL team just because they live north of the boarder and they get snow up there. I wish OUR players (the ones that actually gave a damn about the Atlanta Thrashers team and fanbase) well on their new start! I am officially switching my allegiance from Blueland to PredNation! GOOO PREDS GOOO!! Keep on supporting southern hockey!

Old
06-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Neon Phaneuf
Let the kids play

Hey Preds nation.. I have decided that my usual Thrashers ticket money will be going towards Preds tickets next season! Who knows, I might even get a Weber jersey

I have found a new home on the Canucks board, but I hope to make this board my home as well. I strongly support southern hockey and I love what the Preds are doing! I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!

Old
06-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

We'll be glad to have you. A lot of us meet up before games at the glass between section 102 and 103. Come by and say hi! We're going to have a Dorncog and a Coindog (from the NP boards) so this may get interesting. :-D

Old
06-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Man, anyone that references Dalton's as food most missed hasn't been around Nashville in a while Didn't it have its heyday around 1998 along with Green Hills Grille? There was an "e" on Grill wasn't there, just to seem, uhhh, Green Hill-ish.

Belle Meade Cafeteria anyone? Anyone? I may just wander off and start my own history of Nashville restaurants thread. Don't mind me.

Anyway, welcome to Wally World. Enjoy!
Wait a minute...where was Dalton's? I remember Dalt's over in Lion's Head. I thought that was where you meant. It had awesome fries.

Old
06-08-2011, 03:54 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Oh by the way, follow the #summersucksdropthepuck hashtag for summer time meet ups.

Old
06-08-2011, 04:15 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Does anyone ever tailgate at preds games?

Old
06-08-2011, 04:16 PM
thomas magnum

Think I finally did it! I'm a genius!

Closed Thread