HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
Im loving our new posters! Especially because other than our draftees a few FA's have joined the ride as well

Old
06-08-2011, 04:21 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post

Think I finally did it! I'm a genius!
By god. While I was out stealing other people's draft picks. I managed to get the steal of the draft.

Old
06-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Adz

As for getting tickets...they haven't made any announcements regarding indy sales but if a lot of you Atlanta folks got in touch with the ticket reps (mine is Lindsay Jobe LJobe@nashvillepredators.com ) now, they might be able to get some sort of opening day package set up. There are quite a few hotels truly within walking distance--one is right across from the arena--but without some sort of package deal they're pricy.

I'll try to remember to let you know once they let STH's buy in advance of the season, too. It'll be after the schedule is known but before they release individual tickets to the general public.

Tailgating--it happens, but I don't see it that often. Weekends only, for the most part, and even then I can only remember seeing them 2-3 times this past year. There may be more of it over in the freebie lot at LP Field.

Old
06-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
Does anyone ever tailgate at preds games?
ive seen a few, ive always thought about it

Old
06-08-2011, 04:53 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
As for getting tickets...they haven't made any announcements regarding indy sales but if a lot of you Atlanta folks got in touch with the ticket reps (mine is Lindsay Jobe LJobe@nashvillepredators.com ) now, they might be able to get some sort of opening day package set up. There are quite a few hotels truly within walking distance--one is right across from the arena--but without some sort of package deal they're pricy.

I'll try to remember to let you know once they let STH's buy in advance of the season, too. It'll be after the schedule is known but before they release individual tickets to the general public.

Tailgating--it happens, but I don't see it that often. Weekends only, for the most part, and even then I can only remember seeing them 2-3 times this past year. There may be more of it over in the freebie lot at LP Field.
LP field to Bridgestone is a bit of a hike, yeh?

Old
06-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Not really

Old
06-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
i would say yes, but im also lazy

Old
06-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Adz

Quote:
It is for me, but others walk it with no difficulties. There is a shuttle that runs between the field and...well, it used to park in front of the Country Music Hall of Fame that's cattycornered, but with construction I have no idea now. It costs $3 per person round trip. If it's just you, it's a steal over $10-15 parking. If there are 5 people it's pretty much a wash.

I'm not lazy, I'm big boned.

Old
06-08-2011, 05:33 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
not much. there are SO many really good places to eat and drink within stumbling/staggering distance of the arena that there isnt much need for it...

Old
06-08-2011, 06:12 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
not much. there are SO many really good places to eat and drink within stumbling/staggering distance of the arena that there isnt much need for it...
I can attest to that! When I have to go to our Nashville office, it's right next to Dan McGuiness'..... Too many good restaurants in Nashville!

Old
06-08-2011, 07:00 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
It's only about a mile. Not too bad of a walk

Old
06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorncog View Post
Hey Preds nation.. I have decided that my usual Thrashers ticket money will be going towards Preds tickets next season! Who knows, I might even get a Weber jersey

I have found a new home on the Canucks board, but I hope to make this board my home as well. I strongly support southern hockey and I love what the Preds are doing! I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!
Welcome Dorncog! Glad to hear you'll be getting tickets and going to games next season.

On another note, I've merged a few of the welcome threads into here.

Old
06-08-2011, 09:29 PM
cws
...in the drink

I know a bunch of us will come up for games from time to time.
With any luck, I'm hoping we can pull off a big group gathering for at least one weekend game. Still way too early since we don't even know the schedule yet, but I'm hoping we can get a bunch of us to agree on the game and make a day of it.

Lot of details to take care of if we can pull it off, but I think that everyone will have one hell of a time if we do.

Goes without saying everyone reading this is more than welcome to join in.

Old
06-08-2011, 09:41 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Awesome to see this thread over here. I'm gonna follow montreal as my eastern conference team but I'll obviously be following the preds very closely for my WC team. Always liked the team anyways and I can definitely make the drive for some games.

In other words, hello Preds posters and hello again fellow Thrashers fans

Old
06-08-2011, 09:45 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakTheWallsDown View Post
Awesome to see this thread over here. I'm gonna follow montreal as my eastern conference team but I'll obviously be following the preds very closely for my WC team. Always liked the team anyways and I can definitely make the drive for some games.

In other words, hello Preds posters and hello again fellow Thrashers fans
We prefer the term "Catbirds" now....

Old
06-08-2011, 11:01 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

I hope that the Preds aren't moved to the SE after this upcoming season. I really want to be able to see at least one or two "Thrashers" games in person each season. It would also be cool to see Western Conference teams, which were pretty limited with the Thrashers. Maybe I'm being unrealistic though, since it does make a lot of sense.

Anyways, I heard some rumors that the Atlanta market will either broadcast Canes or Preds games and I just wanted to say that if we get to see Nashville games, I'll probably become a fan. And if it's Canes, I'll still hate them

Old
06-08-2011, 11:20 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Hai gais! Is this where the Atlanta party is?

Old
06-08-2011, 11:40 PM
predfan24

Much respect to the posters here and how you are handling your crappy situation. Lord knows if the roles were reversed I don't think I could handle it as well as you guys. Hope to see some of you guys at the Bridge next season!

Old
06-09-2011, 12:21 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Kevin(or anyone), can you explain the hot dogs thread over on the Thrash board?

Is it just totally random? or an inside joke?

Old
06-09-2011, 06:53 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Kevin(or anyone), can you explain the hot dogs thread over on the Thrash board?

Is it just totally random? or an inside joke?
It's totally random. Basically, we're trying to keep something "ours" over there. That, and I think our buddy Ashe was doin some drunken posting.

Old
06-09-2011, 07:59 AM
HeyYouGuys

Hi catbird people!

I'm gonna join the ranks of Thrashers fans looking to adopt the Predators. I contacted a ticket rep about the former Thrashers fan ticket package, and I'm looking forward to a response. I actually don't mind the drive up to Nashville, and the city itself is great, especially when considering the arena is right on Broadway.

Also should mention I was drafted by the Blues in the dispersal draft, so I'll be following them as well (actually liked that team before the dispersal draft so this worked out pretty well). Hopefully the potential Thrashers fan ticket package includes a game against the Blues and Wienerpeg.

Old
06-09-2011, 08:12 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Yeah, I'm not going to bother anymore posting 3rds of all the new ATL posters. it takes too long and I got called into work to work over time. Hello to all the catbirds and we are thrilled to see you. Now join us in screaming about how much we hate Canadian Carpetbaggers.

Old
06-09-2011, 08:59 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
My buddy and I do sometimes in the LP Field 'BEEP' Lot (aka free PARKING). We char bits of animal flesh on a small charcoal grill when the weather's nice and imbibe copious amounts of fermented hops and barley!!! Here's a pic of me cooking brats and kraut before a Hawks game in December before I went on my diet (I lost 60 lbs since Jan 1, 2011).

We also try to incorporate work folk from our department at Vandy on some of these too; but we have talked about trying to organize a nice sized group of Preds fans to have a big one. If anyone else would like to join us for one at the start of the season, PM me and we'll try to organize something!!

Old
06-09-2011, 09:02 AM
thomas magnum

If I'm able to make it up to the season opener I'd love to do the tailgate with you guys!

Old
06-09-2011, 09:02 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm kinda hoping the ATL fans have some BBQ experts to help with a tailgate scene. Oildrum kind of BBQ not damn yankee grilling which sucks like a hoover.

Closed Thread