HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stanley Cup Finals Game 4 Vancouver @ Boston

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Flik
Canucks fan for life

vCash: 500
After this run my team has been on, and the support we've been getting from you Habs fans, I am officially going to declare Montreal my favourite team in the east.

Thanks for the support Montreal!

Old
06-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Tim Thomas is a very classy individual, actually.
I think Thomas gets wrapped up in the whole Boston thing a little too much.

Him and Price train together and from what I've read have a great relationship. Yet at the All-Star game he looked pretty damn rude towards Carey. And classy fellas don't call players from other teams a disgrace to the game.

I honestly have no problem believing him to be a great guy, but he's just enthralled in the whole Boston thing. Same goes for Horton, he was nowhere near such a d-bag when he was with Florida.

Old
06-08-2011, 03:21 PM
matCH penalty

Quote:
Eh, I don't really agree, but your name is blue .

I'd just be happy with him not winning anything, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flik View Post
After this run my team has been on, and the support we've been getting from you Habs fans, I am officially going to declare Montreal my favourite team in the east.

bros

Old
06-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Yeah, absolutely. The way he jumped AK46 when he wasn't looking was the height of class, which coincidentally left Jean Beliveau aspiring to such decency.

Old
06-08-2011, 03:42 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:

No problem

I like the Canucks now because they make Bruins players and fans get all ********.

Old
06-08-2011, 04:38 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
No problem

I like the Canucks now because they make Bruins players and fans get all ********.
Honestly what doesn't make them ********? Seriously. It isn't the entire fan base but ultimately the media and the team/players attitudes make them look like the dbag team of the league.

What I find pretty ironic is how they are all whining on their forum about how Vancouver is just going to injure their way to a cup like little cheap *****. Yes Vancouver the best team in the league needs to injure their way to a cup. Not Boston the team that basically ruined the habs chances (And we still brought them to OT game 7, I can't help but think what a difference having Patches would have made)

Last edited by Watsatheo: 06-08-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: no fanbase insults plz
Old
06-08-2011, 04:42 PM
FF de Mars

Go Canucks ! The Bruins are such hypocrites. They go hard, yet hate it when Vancouver serve them their own medecine.

Old
06-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Protest the Hero

Very classy is what I'd use to describe Beliveau, Thomas.....not so much. He was doing swell until he decided to get involved in the name calling, and the aforementioned blocker to the face of Kostitsyn.

Old
06-08-2011, 05:02 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:

We are not cheering for the nucks to win, we are cheering for the bruins to lose

Old
06-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
Very classy is what I'd use to describe Beliveau, Thomas.....not so much. He was doing swell until he decided to get involved in the name calling, and the aforementioned blocker to the face of Kostitsyn.
I remember Thomas taking a swing with his blocker at Koivu after he scored on him. It was in 06 or 07, Koivu came in and scored a backhand goal, and Thomas just literally tried to punch him. It was retarded.

The guy has a couple screws loose, which means he fits in perfectly with the rest of his teammates.

Old
06-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

All I can say is that the Bruins resemble a rebellious teenager. They play the "I'm an adult" card(OLD-TIME HOCKEY RULEZ) and the "waaaah, I'm still a kid"(Daddy, punish him, he hurt me feelings) card when it suits their advantage.

Old
06-08-2011, 05:35 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawktop View Post
I really hope Canucks win this one.
I really hope Lapierre troll the **** of the bruins and keep em off their game.
I really hope Luongo bounce back (well actually hes not to blame for the 8 goals, but you know, being a wall sometimes, it helps.)
I really hope the refs call the game, not by the clock. (am i kidding myself???)

The Sedins must wake up.. I see shade of the jumelles Kostistyn =p
pretty much sums up everything I'm looking for.

The last point really makes me want to emphasize that AK (even more than SK despite his good reg. season) is no chopped liver. Although our playoffs were short, he was probably better than either of the Sedins (who play top mins and PP) so all this, Kostitsyn isn't a playoff performer stuff is more in the past, I think this year he's learned a lot, perhaps being away from his brother.

As for Horton, and feeling bad for him. Yes, feel bad for the concussion, but karma-wise, you might remember what happened AFTER the Pacioretty hit: i.e. him going after PK and other guys on our team at the end of the game. Him and Lucic are puke. I have no respect for them, so I cannot honestly say that he did not have something bad coming to him. He did. And it wasn't just that game. I'll say Marchand has a lot on his back too, but I just want to see them get schooled or flattened, not injured. I want them to be in uniform if/when they lose.

Q. If Chara tripped by himself and fell into a stanchion (which btw is the explanation he gave of what Max DID), would you feel bad?

If so, you are very forgiving.

The bruins have been playing very good hockey, I hate to say it, but true. I still have my doubts about Thomas. I still think it's more the D forcing shooters to take poor shots or them just failing to take shots they'd usually take. It boggles my mind how ineffective the Sedins have been given their skill level. I think it will change. Lappy has been great IMO and if anyone is going to make a difference tonight (aside from Luongo), it's Kesler. HE is the type of guy I'd want. Of course he fought a "euro", who happens to be pretty big and who happened to rush across half the ice (totally roughing/charging) to deck St. Louis in game 7.

If only Thomas was like first rd Thomas, Canucks would have no problem. They wouldn't have missed the chances we had to put it away. That said, I still think these playoffs were actually anyone's to win, specially in the east. With MP back in the second round, I think we could have beat WSH and then whoever. Things looking good for us in the offseason so far, but not gonna jinx until the remaining deals are done.

Is it possible to impeach Murphy and institute someone with a French last name? Just saying, I feel like there is enough evidence at this point. I'm half-kidding.

Old
06-08-2011, 05:41 PM
matCH penalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
As for Horton, and feeling bad for him
Here's where I am, and I think a lot of others as well. If it's inappropriate, I apologize.

There's a difference between being hoping someone will get hurt and then being happy after they got hurt, and not being sad because it happened.

I am not happy he got taken off on a stretcher. But I will not shed a tear or worry about it in the least. Injured Bruins don't tweak my sympathy needle, and haven't for a while. It will take a lot for that to change.

Old
06-08-2011, 05:55 PM
neofury*

I feel bad for him even if it is bad karma. Frankly I don't want any bad karma myself

The Bruins did need an excuse for losing the series when it comes down to it and now they have their excuse.

Old
06-08-2011, 06:32 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I think Thomas gets wrapped up in the whole Boston thing a little too much.

Him and Price train together and from what I've read have a great relationship. Yet at the All-Star game he looked pretty damn rude towards Carey. And classy fellas don't call players from other teams a disgrace to the game.

I honestly have no problem believing him to be a great guy, but he's just enthralled in the whole Boston thing. Same goes for Horton, he was nowhere near such a d-bag when he was with Florida.
Actually he cleared up the All-Star thing on OTR. Said the cameras got him at the wrong time and him and Carey were chatting the whole time. I love Carey to death, but I do wish he'd at least (and maybe he does) have a little animosity towards the Bruins. I know he wants to win, but you know Roy knew who his enemies were. Chatting with Thomas is fine, but he sometimes gushes about him. Carey is almost too classy. More for my own vendetta really.

As for Horton, you're right about not being AS MUCH of a d-bag, but I actually hated him in florida too. He really came off like a jerk, only fitting he went to Boston.

Thomas is really just the lovable fat guy character that he plays into well. Made it through some tough times to the place he is. A lot to like there, BUT I think the more games he plays in Boston, the more he is turning to the dark side. The "disgrace to the game" thing really stood out. He could have been interviewed after Lucic and the Doc did it the next game, but nope. As long as you say you're sorry it's fine, even though repeating it is far worse when you call someone out for it.

Even Seguin (who's probably a perfectly nice young man) has a certain smugness now that the bruins are playing well and so is he. In fact, it's totally ok, cuz the kid has been great. Somehow I just don't feel he is going to win the PK Subban classlessness award for the playoffs though. TBH, I don't think even Marchand was nominated. Just Lappy, of course. Or Burrows. But not Bergeron.

I wonder if a GM + president tandem has ever gotten as much facetime as Chiarelli/Neely. Definitely over the playoffs alone, more screentime for Seabass than in Dumb and Dumber itself.

Old
06-08-2011, 06:39 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
Here's where I am, and I think a lot of others as well. If it's inappropriate, I apologize.

There's a difference between being hoping someone will get hurt and then being happy after they got hurt, and not being sad because it happened.

I am not happy he got taken off on a stretcher. But I will not shed a tear or worry about it in the least. Injured Bruins don't tweak my sympathy needle, and haven't for a while. It will take a lot for that to change.
yeah, pretty much the same. As long as I know Horton will be ok, I'm fine with it, and like I said, after going after Subban with Lucy in the same game as the infamous stanchion intro, I'm pretty indifferent to the fact he's out of the finals.

If he hadn't pulled that crap, I would actually think it a shame. Butttt I actually dislike Horton and I think he deserves the dislike. Not cuz he's good against us (well...that goal...and perhaps the crappy one from behind the net), but because of his pure bruin attitude. I hate playing against Crosby, but I love him as a player and I'm pretty sad that he might not be the same (according to the rumours) even if it's for a few games, let alone his career. Like you said, this is far different than the Bruins fans wishing Max was dead.

If AV has to show his players anything, it's the game 4 of our series. Cautionary tale. "Loo" has to play his best game of the series (which will be tough, given game 1), but it's the pivotal game as it turned out to be in our series. People called it (I didn't) and they were right. Tying the series would be bad bad bad. Doesn't matter where they play.

anybody else have a big love in for Hamhuis for the Lucy hit. I haven't been on our board for awhile, but there must be a gif of it somewhere. Too bad it hurt "Hammer" (as they call him..haha). He's a real difference maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I feel bad for him even if it is bad karma. Frankly I don't want any bad karma myself

The Bruins did need an excuse for losing the series when it comes down to it and now they have their excuse.
uhhh, hadn't you heard? They already had one:
The NHL is out to get them!

Believe me, for a team that was all about moral victories, that EC banner will carry them for yearrrrs.

But seriously, why is ok to lay out a guy if you're a Bruin, but not the opposite? In fact it makes you a hero if you lay a dirty hit. The dirtier (aka most awesome and clean), the better. He reaaaally was admiring that pass.

Old
06-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

If Tim Thomas played for any other team, I'd probably cheer hard for his team to win a cup.

Hopefully Roberto Luongo and the Silly Nannies don't show up this game.

Old
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Butttt I actually dislike Horton and I think he deserves the dislike. Not cuz he's good against us (well...that goal...and perhaps the crappy one from behind the net), but because of his pure bruin attitude. I hate playing against Crosby, but I love him as a player and I'm pretty sad that he might not be the same (according to the rumours) even if it's for a few games, let alone his career. Like you said, this is far different than the Bruins fans wishing Max was dead.
I wish Horton well too but can't stand him as a player.

Max Pacioretty gets concussed and fractures his vertebra, Nathan Horton shows his sympathy by trying to goon it up on his non-fighter teammates late in the game when everyone is emotionally shaken by Max's horrific injury.

Nathan Horton gets concussed, Max Pacioretty wishes him a full recovery from the bottom of his heart.

That just shows how much more class(sorry for using that word again) Max has than that caveman.

Old
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:

Hey, when the Bruins board calls you guys the "Vantreal Canuckiens" we obviously going to support you guys.

Old
06-08-2011, 06:57 PM
HomaridII

Vancouver wins this one, they have to rebound after that awful game ...

Old
06-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Nice to see Keith Ballard finally getting a chance to play. I can't believe he's been sat so often this postseason.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:07 PM
tollb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post

The Bruins did need an excuse for losing the series when it comes down to it and now they have their excuse
Honestly this is EXACTLY what i was thinking while he was being carried off the ice ...

Im on the fence with this one (the Horton hit) as far as how i feel about it.. Bostons fans and players, in regards to how they act, make it near impossible to give two ***** what happens to that team. I do wish it was us to return the cup to Canada , But been goin for Van since we have been ousted .. Come on Nucks have a bounce back and take this **** on home ice!!!

Old
06-08-2011, 07:08 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdAtTheCoolTable View Post
Nice to see Keith Ballard finally getting a chance to play. I can't believe he's been sat so often this postseason.
It seems that most if not ALL Van fans actually never wanted Rome in the first place (sort of like the Pyatt hate around here, although I am a huge pyatt fan). It'll either be him or Tanev, right? I hear Tanev has better offensive skills, but less robust.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:13 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Is hamhuis still out?

Old
06-08-2011, 07:16 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post