HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton - Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Leafssss

vCash: 500
Edmonton - Toronto

To Toronto:
1st Overall
19th Overall
Martin Marincin

To Edmonton
Luke Schenn
Nazem Kadri
29th Overall
85th Overall

Thoughts? ;D;D;D;D

Old
06-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

I doubt the Oilers trade 1st overall. Besides, Schenn has developed and Kadri is progressing nicely. Why take a step backwards?

Old
06-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Leafssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
I doubt the Oilers trade 1st overall. Besides, Schenn has developed and Kadri is progressing nicely. Why take a step backwards?
I think it's a step forward. 1st overall almost gurantees a great player, and with that we can get our #1C. We can use the other two first round picks to move up or hopefully snatch up someone like Oleksiak to fill Schenn's spot.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:07 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
That's tempting but I'd probably turn it down. Schenn is a star, but Marincin has top pairing potential and RNH has franchise potential(I'm also not big on Kadri). How about 1st, Marincin(or 19), and a 3rd?

Old
06-08-2011, 07:08 PM
nick942

I guess the value is somewhat there, but I'm not really for a large downgrade at defense for a possible upgrade at center. Honestly that's just taking a step back for Toronto.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Shaun_W_W

I don't think it makes sense for either team, Leafs are trying to win now while the Oilers are not.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:10 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick942 View Post
I guess the value is somewhat there, but I'm not really for a large downgrade at defense for a possible upgrade at center. Honestly that's just taking a step back for Toronto.
Marincin shouldn't be much of a step down, just a different type of dman. He'd make a good Kaberle replacement

Old
06-08-2011, 07:10 PM
The K Man

No way from TO imo.

Schenn already looks like a great player and is progressing great, while Nazem looks like he can really produce from what we saw at the end of the season.

Just giving up way too much for a number 1 pick who probably won't make too much of a difference for a couple years.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Dylbot

I don't think Schenn is available for a draft pick. However, in a deal like this the Oilers could likely get Aulie or Gunnarsson along with picks/prospects for the first.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Leafssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_W_W View Post
I don't think it makes sense for either team, Leafs are trying to win now while the Oilers are not.
I think it fills both teams needs pretty well, although the Oilers dont get that #1C, but still a strong candidate in Kadri.

I think if the draft goes well; Toronto can come out with something like:
#1 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (hopeful #1C)
#19 Jamie Oleksiak (future Schenn replacement, albeit not quite as good)
#25 Oscar Klefbom/Matt Puempel (Great d-man with top pairing potential/talented sniper)
Martin Marincin - Boom/Bust prospect, although I'd take the risk.

Edmonton gets something like:
Luke Schenn - I'm sorry, but he is the best player in the deal.
Nazem Kadri - Potential #1C, most likely a great #2/1b
29th overall - Solid prospect, like Jensen who is being compared to a Kulemin/Hartnell
85th overall - maybe take a chance on a boom/bust prospect? Something like NYI did with Kabanov last year.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:14 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimsauce View Post
No way from TO imo.

Schenn already looks like a great player and is progressing great, while Nazem looks like he can really produce from what we saw at the end of the season.

Just giving up way too much for a number 1 pick who probably won't make too much of a difference for a couple years.
And a potential top pairing dman, and 19th overall. RNH is more NHL ready than people think. Give him a year and he'll be tearing it up

Old
06-08-2011, 07:15 PM
NoTouchIcing

Awful trade for Toronto. Why would they do this? You must get bored easily.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:17 PM
molsonmuscle360

Oilers aren't giving up #1 and #19 unless they are getting a top 10 pick this year and another player.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Ice Whole

No way in hell would I even consider this deal. Why would the Oilers trade the first overall pick, our best D prospect in Marincin and the 19th overall for Schenn. I have no interest in Kadri. We already have Gagner so no need for Kadri at all. Schenn is the only thing that interests me. I don't think I would trade the first overall pick alone for that package. Schenn is a great d-men and Kadri looks like hes going to be a top 6 winger, not a centermen so we don't need him. I'd rather have Marincin and then draft someone like Murray next year and keep RNH and the 19th over Kadri and Schenn.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
I think it fills both teams needs pretty well, although the Oilers dont get that #1C, but still a strong candidate in Kadri.

I think if the draft goes well; Toronto can come out with something like:
#1 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (hopeful #1C)
#19 Jamie Oleksiak (future Schenn replacement, albeit not quite as good)
#25 Oscar Klefbom/Matt Puempel (Great d-man with top pairing potential/talented sniper)
Martin Marincin - Boom/Bust prospect, although I'd take the risk.

Edmonton gets something like:
Luke Schenn - I'm sorry, but he is the best player in the deal.
Nazem Kadri - Potential #1C, most likely a great #2/1b
29th overall - Solid prospect, like Jensen who is being compared to a Kulemin/Hartnell
85th overall - maybe take a chance on a boom/bust prospect? Something like NYI did with Kabanov last year.
Your reallly overrating the Leafs players here. From what I've heard, Kadri didn't eve play center last year since his game is better suited for the wing, correct me if I'm wrong though. Even if he is a center, we have Gagner, who IMO will be better then Kadri but I can see why Leafs fans would want Kadri instead so it's up in the air but I like Gagner more. If RNH reaches his potential, which in my mind he will, he will be by far the best player in this draft, not Schenn. Marincin isn't a boom/bust pick, I don't know where your getting that from.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Koto

No from oilers, schenn is nice but we give up too much

Old
06-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Leafssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
Your reallly overrating the Leafs players here. From what I've heard, Kadri didn't eve play center last year since his game is better suited for the wing, correct me if I'm wrong though. Even if he is a center, we have Gagner, who IMO will be better then Kadri but I can see why Leafs fans would want Kadri instead so it's up in the air but I like Gagner more. If RNH reaches his potential, which in my mind he will, he will be by far the best player in this draft, not Schenn. Marincin isn't a boom/bust pick, I don't know where your getting that from.
That's a big "IF"

Toronto could possibly flop in this deal, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

You have to admit, as of right NOW, Schenn is the best player in this deal.
Kadri has played wing, only because he is not yet strong enough to play centre. Dallas Eakins (our AHL coach) has already stated he sees Kadri better suited as a centre in the NHL.

I don't mind if you like Gagner more, I like Kadri more. But we must admit, both players are "good" right now with A LOT of potential. They can be compared similarly IMO.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
No, not a chance from Edmonton.

I don't get how Leafs fans think this is terrible for them.

1st = Schenn, 28th, 85th
19th and Marincin >>>>>> Kadri

I don't get it..

Old
06-08-2011, 07:29 PM
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post

1st = Schenn, 28th, 85th

I don't get it..
Because this isn't NHL 11.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Dylbot

How about:

Colborne + Aulie + 25th Pick

For

1st overall.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post

1st = Schenn, 28th, 85th

I don't get it..
No way is the 19 and Marincin >>>>>> Kadri. If anything that Value is equal, if not in Kadris favour.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
That's a big "IF"

Kadri has played wing, only because he is not yet strong enough to play centre. Dallas Eakins (our AHL coach) has already stated he sees Kadri better suited as a centre in the NHL.

I don't mind if you like Gagner more, I like Kadri more. But we must admit, both players are "good" right now with A LOT of potential. They can be compared similarly IMO.
Of course Schenn is the best player in the deal right now because the rest are all prospects. For all we know, the 89th pick could turn out to be the best player in this deal 7 years down the road but when you look at it from the Oilers perspective, why would they trade/pass up on RNH, who has been considered to be the best player coming out of the WHL in many years and on top of that is a center, something the Oilers have been lacking for a long time. Doug Weight was our last number 1 centermen and now we can finally have one after many years. We have acquired D in the past (Visnovsky, Pitkanen, Pronger) etc. but haven't had a number 1 center. A centermen leads teams to the Stanley cup but having a number 1 defencemen is important as well.

I can agree with your assessment about Gagner and Kadri, both are good with a lot of potential but they dont have potential to be number 1 centers IMO.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:33 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
That's a big "IF"

Kadri has played wing, only because he is not yet strong enough to play centre. Dallas WEakins (our AHL coach) has already stated he sees Kadri better suited as a centre in the NHL.

Right now he is, but that's like saying any NHLer was better than Crosby back in 05. In 2 years, RNH will be by far the best player in this trade

Old
06-08-2011, 07:36 PM
Leafssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Right now he is, but that's like saying any NHLer was better than Crosby back in 05. In 2 years, RNH will be by far the best player in this trade
How can you gurantee me that?

Old
06-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
No way is the 19 and Marincin >>>>>> Kadri. If anything that Value is equal, if not in Kadris favour.

Marincin is a 6'5 puckmoving defenseman who plays with an edge. He had 56 points in his first year over in NA. I'd be hesitant to deal him alone for Kadri, and don't take that as me overvaluing Marincin at all. He's the real deal.

Closed Thread