HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gameday: Sabres @ Oilers (9pm) 10/16

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Buffalo Sabres 5 41.67%
Edmonton Oilers 7 58.33%
Tie 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 08:38 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

vCash: 500
Gameday: Sabres @ Oilers (9pm) 10/16

Edmonton is coming off consecutive shutouts just like the sabres did so look for them to be eager to play hard, lets hope buffalo can match the intensity level. I also look for a good game from Pittis who played with Edmonton last season and the season before.

3-2 oilers win

Old
10-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Hyped

I posted this on the Oilers board as well, but I'll do the same here. I'm bettin' on Laraque and Peters going at it less than 5 minutes into the game. If that happens, I predict a 3-2 win for the Coilers. If not, then the Sabres win the squeaker 3-2 in a snoozefest...

Old
10-16-2003, 12:07 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
In the fine Sabre tradition of facing backups, I expect Ty Conklin to get the start and look all world. 3-1 Oil.

Old
10-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Hyped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot
In the fine Sabre tradition of facing backups, I expect Ty Conklin to get the start and look all world. 3-1 Oil.
Ty Conklin will be starting tonight for the Oilers. It's been confirmed...

Old
10-16-2003, 03:39 PM
BG43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped
Ty Conklin will be starting tonight for the Oilers. It's been confirmed...
Sweet.. I caught Ty Conklin in some Bulldog games a while back.. I like him.. although he played awful the one night and was pulled after the first period.. lol.. I like our chances.. j/k..

Anyways, I just hope the Sabres come out flying and play the way they are capable of playing..

Too bad I'm going to miss the first half of the game.. damn volleyball game.. can anyone take a wild guess as to what my # is? Haha..

GO SABRES!!

Old
10-16-2003, 03:48 PM
cybresabre
Crabby Seer

vCash: 632
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
34?

wait, i'm dyslexic

43?

Old
10-16-2003, 04:49 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BironsGirl43
Sweet.. I caught Ty Conklin in some Bulldog games a while back.. I like him.. although he played awful the one night and was pulled after the first period.. lol.. I like our chances.. j/k..

Anyways, I just hope the Sabres come out flying and play the way they are capable of playing..

Too bad I'm going to miss the first half of the game.. damn volleyball game.. can anyone take a wild guess as to what my # is? Haha..

GO SABRES!!

I sense a restraining order coming soon....

Old
10-16-2003, 04:52 PM
Puddy

For those of us unable to watch the game tonite, how was the Peters/Laraque tilt in the first period?

Old
10-16-2003, 05:00 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy
For those of us unable to watch the game tonite, how was the Peters/Laraque tilt in the first period?

Peters lost his balance and basically got beat over the head.

and is it just me or does Rick Jeanerate look like he got ran over by a truck, his hair is all messy, he's not wearing his usual suite and suspenders, its odd to see.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:04 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Ew. Anyone else notice Campbell get smoked and then Fitzpatrick get smoked right after him in the middle of the 1st? Either Edmonton is just quick or these guys need to get their legs moving. I'm liking what I see in Drury and Max so far tonite. As well as Mair and Pyatt. Pyatt shaking off that check behind the net and then Mair blasting Burgeron was pretty pleasing.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:40 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Talinder looks terrible to me. I think Campbell and fitzpatrick look good, broke up 2-1's and have generated some offense. Biron looks like he was snoozing on those last two goals. Even if the defense makes a mistake its up to Biron, I have no confidence with him in net. :mad:

Old
10-16-2003, 05:42 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
I'm sorry but Campbell sucks. He's getting pushed around like a little girl and he's gotten burned so many times tonite it's sickening. This kid looks like he's not even trying. I don't know what pill Zhitnik took before the game but he looks like he's braindead tonite. He almost tipped the puck out of mid-air into the net after it was clearly going wide, then he skates behind the net instead of covering Hemsky who was left wide open to score. The defense looks despicable tonite. Buffalo probably has the weakest, slowest, girliest defense in the league. Do any of these guys have balls? None of them can check and sure as Hell can't clear the front of the net. If I was Biron, I would been wishing I was the one sent down to Rochester instead of Miller.

Old
10-16-2003, 06:15 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Sorry I didn't come through with a OGT, guys. Life's been busy lately... doesn't look like they're gonna win anyways... down 3-1 in the 3rd...

Old
10-16-2003, 06:42 PM
Prospect Prophet

Were in a desperate situation for a tough physical d-man, there's no doubt about it!!

Old
10-16-2003, 06:45 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect Prophet
Were in a desperate situation for a tough physical d-man, there's no doubt about it!!
ain't that the damn truth. these guys are a bunch of girls

Old
10-16-2003, 08:57 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Even though they lost, I was very impressed with Afinogenov tonight. He seems to be skating just as fast, but more "under control" these days, and he could have a decent year.

Also, I don't see why people are ripping on Campbell...he's one of the most creative defenseman I've seen in awhile, and christ he's fast.

Ruff playing Briere and Delmore on the point in the PP is a baaaad idea. I have a feeling we're going to have about 20 more SHG's scored on us if he doesn't fix this. It's like going from 2 d-men to 1/2 a d-man.

Old
10-17-2003, 02:51 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Afinogenov was skating great last night but I have a big problem with him not using everyone on the ice. He can skate with the puck for a while but then he either shoots it wide and turns it over or tries passing but through a crowd of people and turns it over.

Campbell I thought played fine, Zhitnik and Mckee had bad games though.

Old
10-17-2003, 03:19 AM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

Wow I just watched the replays of the game last nite and I see same old Biron in there lettin in those crap goals at the worst possible time. Im not trying to put all the lose on him because our defense did look terrible but Hemsky's goal he was down and droppped his shoulder. Torres goal was just ridiculous...how does an n.h.l goalie let in crap like that!!!

Allright I guess its on to number 3

Lets Go Norenon

Old
10-17-2003, 03:32 AM
Takeo

It's pretty poor that it's only been 4 games, and we're already having to deal with the same mediocrity, inconsistency, and passiveness that's plagued this team for the last couple seasons. Don't know about you, but I can't stomach this garbage for 78 more games. How quickly hopes crumble.

Old
10-17-2003, 06:04 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Even Ruff agrees and is not happy with Birons effort...

"The Oilers outworked Sabres defenseman Henrik Tallinder for the puck and moved it to Torres in the low slot, where Briere left him unattended. Torres' quick shot got between Biron's left skate and the right post.

Ruff wasn't happy with the goal.

"Standing straight up, bad angle," Ruff said. "We can't have that goal go in at that point in the game. That was a killer for us. "

from the buffalo news.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:58 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
This game was pathetic.Maybe we could acquire a guy like Norstrom or Mezei or Kloucek.I think Kloucek could be gotten very cheaply.

Old
10-17-2003, 09:02 AM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
This game was pathetic.Maybe we could acquire a guy like Norstrom or Mezei or Kloucek.I think Kloucek could be gotten very cheaply.

YES. BRING IN KLOUCEK!

I've wanted this guy on the Sabres for 3 years now...he's exactly what we need.

Closed Thread