HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

6/9/11 Can Vancouver recover from the last two games?

View Poll Results: Can Vancouver recover from the last two games?
Yes 21 30.00%
No 36 51.43%
Not sure 13 18.57%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-09-2011, 08:29 AM
  #1
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,794
vCash: 500
6/9/11 Can Vancouver recover from the last two games?

Snickers Plays of the Year - FINAL
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|EDM|home

Tencer's Blog: RNH en route to NHL
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|EDM|home

Sons of famous Oilers bring draft-day dilemma‎
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...912/story.html

Cheveldayoff reunites with Heisinger to run new Winnipeg NHL franchise
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...084/story.html

Oilers’ Whitney cheers for Bruins, sits close to PM in Boston
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...383/story.html

Cup party with Messier 'amazing'‎
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2011/06/0...essier-amazing

Harper turns heads in Boston‎
http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/08...eads-in-boston

Oilers' Whitney, pm take in game 4‎
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/techn...029/story.html


Last edited by BlueBelle: 06-09-2011 at 08:37 AM.
BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:36 AM
  #2
BlueBelle
Registered User
 
BlueBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: in a C of annoying
Posts: 7,794
vCash: 500
Why Alan Vigneault makes no sense, but makes perfect sense
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...perfect-sense/

Oh! Mel! Gibson!
http://www.blackdoghatesskunks.com/2...el-gibson.html

The Class of 2011 on TPS (Apr - May)
http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...s-apr-may.html

Blazers to add to coaching staff.
http://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com/...ing-staff.html

Canucks vs. Bruins Scoring Chances - Game 4
http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/6/8/...chances-game-4

Canucks and Sharks - Game Two Scoring Chances
http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/6/8/...coring-chances

Edmonton Oilers Power Play Scoring Chances 2010-2011
http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/6/8/...nces-2010-2011

Quote That May Interest Only Me: Dead Silence
http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/6/8/...e-dead-silence

Hockey Math Works, Part II
http://www.coppernblue.com/2011/6/8/...-works-part-ii

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH
http://oilersnation.com/2011/6/9/shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blue Jackets scout staff firings… 8th overall pick in play? / Jeff Carter Available?
http://puttingonthefoil.com/2011/06/...-pick-in-play/

Draft Profile: Gabriel Landeskog
http://lowetide.blogspot.com/2011/06...landeskog.html

Strange Days
http://lowetide.blogspot.com/2011/06/strange-days.html

Readers Pick Nugent-Hopkins First Overall
http://oilonwhyte.com/2011/06/08/rea...first-overall/

Great One To Cursed Ones: Gretzky Drafted By Cubbies
http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com...s-gretzky.html

2011 NHL Draft: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Player Profile‎
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2011/6/8...2011-nhl-draft

BlueBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:10 AM
  #3
rigger
Registered User
 
rigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jessica Alba's Dream
Country: Kyrgyzstan
Posts: 8,950
vCash: 500
Can someone remind me of the trade that brought Ference to Boston?

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:23 AM
  #4
Njoy Oilers
Registered User
 
Njoy Oilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern Alberta.
Posts: 3,333
vCash: 500
Obviously home ice is a factor. Canucks won't just flip over and die. On second thought..... Thats what they do so well.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:30 AM
  #5
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it
 
Neilio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 500
Vancouver wants to choke. You just have to give them the opportunity.

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:06 AM
  #6
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,883
vCash: 50
Can they, yes. Will they who knows. They are playing like a young inexperienced team and need to pull their heads out of their butts.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:57 AM
  #7
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,883
vCash: 50
Dillon, a puck-moving defenceman, went to university a year early, at age 17. While a solid 192 pounds, he was still a babe competing against 23and 24-year-olds a lot of nights for North Dakota, one of the top-rated teams in the U.S.

Dillon's mother, Christine, and Craig wanted him to go the college route.

"Maybe that hurt his draft rankings, but he was playing against men, he's had a year of university at 18, and he got a 4.0 grade-point average in his first year," said Craig, who was at Michigan State at age 16, also studying business.


Quite impressive what Dillon Simpson was able to accomplish at such a young age.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:58 AM
  #8
bone
Registered User
 
bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 842
vCash: 705
I voted yes, because I think they can rebound. I think the bigger issue is now that the Boston train is in full momentum can a fully rebounded Canucks squad stop them. It should be a good 3 game sequence with probably 2 more overtimes.

bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:07 AM
  #9
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Can someone remind me of the trade that brought Ference to Boston?
007/02/10 Boston Bruins traded Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau to the Calgary Flames for Andrew Ference and Chuck Kobasew.

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:31 AM
  #10
Jooked
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Dillon, a puck-moving defenceman, went to university a year early, at age 17. While a solid 192 pounds, he was still a babe competing against 23and 24-year-olds a lot of nights for North Dakota, one of the top-rated teams in the U.S.

Dillon's mother, Christine, and Craig wanted him to go the college route.

"Maybe that hurt his draft rankings, but he was playing against men, he's had a year of university at 18, and he got a 4.0 grade-point average in his first year," said Craig, who was at Michigan State at age 16, also studying business.


Quite impressive what Dillon Simpson was able to accomplish at such a young age.
They both sound like solid prospects and if they and WANT to play in their hometown and understand the expectations and pressures that come with it, then Tambo needs to consider it. We shouldn't use their father's relationship with the organization against them regardless.

Both these guys realistically won't be in the NHL for another two-three years and will probably spend atleast a season in the Minors learning the game anyways. The bulk of the leadership and expectations of this team will be shouldered around Hall, Eberle and whoever we pick up first this year. They won't have the same pressure Mike Comrie had to face when everyone declared him the heir apparent to Doug Weight after one post season game.

Jooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:32 AM
  #11
KenLinsemanFanClub
Sorry State
 
KenLinsemanFanClub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Isle of Van
Country: South Africa
Posts: 1,077
vCash: 1159
Where's the "I hope not" option?

KenLinsemanFanClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:59 AM
  #12
0ilerman
The King
 
0ilerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Capital City
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
I don't think so. Vancouver is a fragile team, emotionally and physically. The Sedins looks defeated. They both pretty much turtled and let Marchand run their show. It was amusing to watch for me...but if I were a canucks fan I'd be livid.

Luongo is shaken. Burrows and Lapierre seem like the only two who can match the Bruins grit and meanness. Kessler is clearly injured...I don't see enough from the Canucks. GO BOSTON

0ilerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:28 PM
  #13
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,497
vCash: 500
I have to say, work around the office today's been quiet as a church (I work out of Victoria, BC).

With all the abuse I've endured this year from them, I'm drinking in the muted tension like a pina freaking colada.

The reactions are all over the map, the 5 stages of grief are well covered.

One of my friends (an actually decent Nucks fan who's followed his team for over 30 years) who sits 10 feet from me is in full 'detached' mode, he's all "I don't even care, win or lose it's just a stupid game and life will go on no matter what...sure I don't like it if they lose, but it's not a big deal."

You can almost see the lower lip quiver when he says it, too.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:46 PM
  #14
nafrelio
Registered User
 
nafrelio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: brite feuchure
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
I have to say, work around the office today's been quiet as a church (I work out of Victoria, BC).

With all the abuse I've endured this year from them, I'm drinking in the muted tension like a pina freaking colada.

The reactions are all over the map, the 5 stages of grief are well covered.

One of my friends (an actually decent Nucks fan who's followed his team for over 30 years) who sits 10 feet from me is in full 'detached' mode, he's all "I don't even care, win or lose it's just a stupid game and life will go on no matter what...sure I don't like it if they lose, but it's not a big deal."

You can almost see the lower lip quiver when he says it, too.
Nice post. Hopefully the Canucks continue to tank it so you can get some work done in the quiet over there...

How well would a "go Oilers go" chant go over right now? Give us an update about what happens...

nafrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:10 PM
  #15
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,883
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooked View Post
They both sound like solid prospects and if they and WANT to play in their hometown and understand the expectations and pressures that come with it, then Tambo needs to consider it. We shouldn't use their father's relationship with the organization against them regardless.

Both these guys realistically won't be in the NHL for another two-three years and will probably spend atleast a season in the Minors learning the game anyways. The bulk of the leadership and expectations of this team will be shouldered around Hall, Eberle and whoever we pick up first this year. They won't have the same pressure Mike Comrie had to face when everyone declared him the heir apparent to Doug Weight after one post season game.
I will be shocked if the Simpson kid doesn't spend all 4 yeard at University and then AHL for a year or two. Considering how smart he is I think he is smart enough to realize that what happened to his dad could happen to him and that the education could be needed in the future.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:12 PM
  #16
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,578
vCash: 1026
can they? definitely. but they also could have won the last 2. it depends if they show up or not

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:27 PM
  #17
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Of course they can the series is a best of three. Its more of will they overcome? The opportunity is there, will they seize it?

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:45 PM
  #18
vb
Registered User
 
vb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post
Obviously home ice is a factor. Canucks won't just flip over and die. On second thought..... Thats what they do so well.
The Sedins/Burrows will play a lot better once they get away from Chara and Seidenberg. Both teams are resilient so way too early to call the Canucks out of it.

vb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:10 PM
  #19
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Haha the Leafs re-signed James Reimer to a 3-year deal worth $5.4 million. Way to cash in cousin.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:00 PM
  #20
0ilerman
The King
 
0ilerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Capital City
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Haha the Leafs re-signed James Reimer to a 3-year deal worth $5.4 million. Way to cash in cousin.
Good for Reimer. He's a humble and likeable kid.

0ilerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:58 PM
  #21
Davare*
Registered Useless
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mountains
Country: United States
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
I have to say, work around the office today's been quiet as a church (I work out of Victoria, BC).

With all the abuse I've endured this year from them, I'm drinking in the muted tension like a pina freaking colada.
That would make a great signature.

Davare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.