HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Off-Season Game Plan

Old
06-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Fixed.
No chance. Marlies I like for more than just them being the Leafs affiliate so yeah

Old
06-08-2011, 09:49 PM
JackZap

sign Laich, trade for Statsny, dump Gomez.

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
sign Laich, trade for Statsny, dump Gomez.
Sign Bieksa, trade for crosby, dump gomez and spacek

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post

Alternatively, Sign Lidstrom, trade for Datsyuk, dump Gomez and Spacek

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I love Price and backed him when he was chosen over Halak but I still don't get how people on this board delude themselves into thinking he's a great puck handler. Imo it's the biggest weakness in his game. It's gotten better with time but it's still probably his worst attribute.
Don't laugh, you think that because of a few glaring mistakes that make him look foolish, but that is because he's agressive and needs to learn when not to go for it, but Price IS one of the best puckhandlers out there and probably will become the best. And he is known for it by all is peers and its in the other teams game plan.

Price is a key piece to our transition game. Sucks you can't see that and only see is couple big mistakes.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Guilliam

I don't know if he's a great puckhandler but he certainly is a great passer, dare I say puckmover.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I love Price and backed him when he was chosen over Halak but I still don't get how people on this board delude themselves into thinking he's a great puck handler. Imo it's the biggest weakness in his game. It's gotten better with time but it's still probably his worst attribute.
Then most NHL goalies must be poor puckhandlers because he is known as one of the top 2-3 guys in the NHL in terms of puckhandling...have you SEEN Luongo and Thomas handle the puck? The difference is massive.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:32 AM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Then most NHL goalies must be poor puckhandlers because he is known as one of the top 2-3 guys in the NHL in terms of puckhandling...have you SEEN Luongo and Thomas handle the puck? The difference is massive.
He's a good puckhandler in terms of his skill, but he definitely needs to work on his focus and his judgment. He needs to learn to eliminate the 'saucer pass over the opponent's stick' types of plays.

ScopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
He's a good puckhandler in terms of his skill, but he definitely needs to work on his focus and his judgment. He needs to learn to eliminate the 'saucer pass over the opponent's stick' types of plays.
Why?

Because he made a couple of plays that ended up in the net over about 70 games, his focus and judgment is suddenly poor??

I guess Thomas is not a terrible goalie since he gave up a couple of weak goals in the playoffs...

Old
06-09-2011, 09:54 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Sorry but no he isn't a known top 2-3 guy in the league at handling the puck and you'd get laughed off these forums if you posted that anywhere but here.

I like him too, doesn't mean I have to be riding his dick as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
Don't laugh, you think that because of a few glaring mistakes that make him look foolish, but that is because he's agressive and needs to learn when not to go for it, but Price IS one of the best puckhandlers out there and probably will become the best. And he is known for it by all is peers and its in the other teams game plan.

Price is a key piece to our transition game. Sucks you can't see that and only see is couple big mistakes.
Not true, if you take off the rose colored glasses and watch the game it's actually fairly obvious in some games. It isn't the big mistakes I'm even referring to it's the little ones. Sometimes you can watch him play the puck and he only has around a 50% success rate with the puck winding up on one of our players sticks. It doesn't take anything other than eyes and knowing how to count to notice it. I love Price but some people around here are seriously on the guys dick. He isn't even a top 5 at handling the puck let alone 2-3.

The only thing that sucks is that some people are so clearly bias in favor of our players and can't watch a game objectively, then go around making assumptions about HFboards posters who don't share their opinion.

Quote:
Why?

Because he made a couple of plays that ended up in the net over about 70 games, his focus and judgment is suddenly poor??

I guess Thomas is not a terrible goalie since he gave up a couple of weak goals in the playoffs...
If you read my posts I never once brought up big glaring mistakes and in fact have always stated either that it was the little plays or didn't specify. But go ahead making an assumption about me because I don't agree with you.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Sorry but no he isn't a known top 2-3 guy in the league at handling the puck and you'd get laughed off these forums if you posted that anywhere but here.

I like him too, doesn't mean I have to be riding his dick as well.

Not true, if you take off the rose colored glasses and watch the game it's actually fairly obvious in some games. It isn't the big mistakes I'm even referring to it's the little ones. Sometimes you can watch him play the puck and he only has around a 50% success rate with the puck winding up on one of our players sticks. It doesn't take anything other than eyes and knowing how to count to notice it. I love Price but some people around here are seriously on the guys dick. He isn't even a top 5 at handling the puck let alone 2-3.

The only thing that sucks is that some people are so clearly bias in favor of our players and can't watch a game objectively, then go around making assumptions about HFboards posters who don't share their opinion.

If you read my posts I never once brought up big glaring mistakes and in fact have always stated either that it was the little plays or didn't specify. But go ahead making an assumption about me because I don't agree with you.
I could really care less who says what on these boards. I prefer to speak to those that work in the game and get paid to make NHL personnel decisions. A friend of my family is a pro scout and obviously those folks are "plugged in" to what other scouts and front office excecutives think of players. The word around the league is that you have to dump the puck in the corners or you won't get much of a forecheck against Montreal because Price whips it out or up to his players and out. If you are smarter than those folks that are paid to evaluate NHLers, then I apologize, but I think I'll take his word on it.

...and as far as your pathetic comments about favoritism and "riding his dick", they are pretty comical considering I was a pretty harsh critic last year saying CP needed to mature and take his craft much more seiously.

If you don't see him as top 5 then name me in order the top 5 puckhandlers in the NHL.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:36 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
unlike Crosby, Stastny is going to move

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
The majority of this board is educated enough about hockey and the current events of the Habs that we don't need articles like that. Note that I said majority, we do have some exceptions.

But to stay on point, yeah I think this article is geared more so towards fantasy players and to the more casual fan looking for some "insight" as to where the team stands.
winner winner, chicken dinner.

The guy who made this article is the nhl fantasy correspondent for TSN

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote