HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers listening to offers for 1st pick overall

Old
06-09-2011, 03:32 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
From a business point of view, any deal for a 1st overall pick could be analysed like this:

With a 1st round pick you get:
- a player, any of 5 potential kids in the running basically this year, and
- a premium in terms of the hype that kid will bring. Undoubtedly of value for a NHL team.

The result in this case is that you gotta offer a package that gives EDM a combined value equal of the above mentioned. So it doesn't really matter if like Dubinsky and McD on the ice is worth as much as say a Adam Larsson, because EDM would not get value to compensate for the hype.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:16 AM
94now

EMD would listen, but not all team are on thier list. They must have to interest talking to the teams that pick later than 10 in 1st round. It has no sense for them to talk to the Rangers.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:46 AM
NYRangers16

As much as I'd love to get a young star, the asking price would be astronomical. Can't imagine how it would be worth it.

Girardi/Dubinsky/#15 for #1/Hemsky? I imagine that would be ok from our end, but they'd need more than that, right?

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:42 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Girardi, Boyle, Hagelin and Kundratek?

Seems from the general concensus here, this is an overpayment, meanwhile on the Trade section, I am getting ripped, because it's not enough...from some Rangers fane to boot.

So which is it?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:44 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

Seems from the general concensus here, this is an overpayment, meanwhile on the Trade section, I am getting ripped, because it's not enough...from some Rangers fane to boot.

So which is it?
We need established top 6 talent. None of the players in the top 3 of this draft improve us enough to negate the loss of our established assets.

It's just a bad deal from both sides.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:32 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

So which is it?
that wouldn't be even close to enough...from an oiler's standpoint that deal would make murdering the gm justifiable LOL.

rangers make that deal in a heartbeat...we'd have to then find a way to replace girardi and his loss would hurt. but the others would be labeled as 'expendable' and you are getting the 1st overall pick without giving up any of our top prospects.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:55 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
that wouldn't be even close to enough...from an oiler's standpoint that deal would make murdering the gm justifiable LOL.

rangers make that deal in a heartbeat...we'd have to then find a way to replace girardi and his loss would hurt. but the others would be labeled as 'expendable' and you are getting the 1st overall pick without giving up any of our top prospects.
Don't really consider Zucs or McDonagh prospects which would move Hagelin to #5 on our prospect depth chart.

Even if you consider them prospects the 7th best prospect in an organization that is ranked 7th league wide, constitutes a top prospect in my opinion.

But that's fine. I'll keep the assets.

I do not see RNH as a franchise center.

A legit #1, potentially.

Someone that can carry a franchise? Be the face of a franchise? Nah.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
1. The title is misleading. The Oilers are listening to offers. Not offering it around.
2. Not anything of too much value. Maybe Girardi++.
Exactly. Listening and hoping that someone offers thinking they're getting a Stamkos or a Hall and they're not. If someone pays like they're getting a player like that, they're going to overpay and that's what Edmonton is banking on.

If they take Girardi and the #15 I do it in a second but I don't think they take it. I think they want MDZ and the #15 which I still probably do because Larsson would be better than MDZ and with Erixon we can deal without him for a season. Then once he's ready to come over next year. Larsson from Skelleftea playing the right side would pair nicely to Erixon from Skelleftea playing the left side.

I don't know if MDZ and the #15 gets it done though.

Last edited by vipernsx: 06-09-2011 at 12:33 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote