HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Lane Lambert named Nashville assistant coach

Old
06-08-2011, 02:03 PM
AdmiralsFan24

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Lane Lambert named Nashville assistant coach

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/hockey/123477039.html

Good luck to Lane and his family.

AdmiralsFan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Welcome to the big leagues

Can he run our Flower Play?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:28 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Good news!

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Adz

Welcome Coach Lambert!

(I'm staying far far away from the first name for now...ha ha!)

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Paincakes

Hey, remember the last time a guy named Lane was added to a coaching staff in our state?

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Very good choice. Is obviously familiar with the majority of our roster and implemented the same systems for much of his tenure in Milwaukee as well so that should make for an easy transition. Has been very impressive running the summer prospect camps and rookie training camp sessions the past few seasons, showing lots of energy and enthuiasm on the ice, keeping the pace uptempo, and always on the look out for opportunities to teach in the moment.

Coach Lambert had a long and very successful professional career as a player and has paid his dues working as a coach at the junior and AHL levels to prepare him for this opportunity and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start drawing attention for NHL head coaching vacancies before long as well.

Welcome to Smashville Coach Lambert!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 06:54 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Now let Sullivan coach in Milwaukee

Good to have Lambert down here. Can't wait to see how he is at camp

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:52 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Great news. Coach Lambert will get to move to the next stage of his career. Welcome to Smashville!

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:43 AM
thomas magnum

Is anyone worried that this move to the NHL for Lambert could hurt the development of the players on the Admirals? I know that the Preds have great player development.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:51 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
Is anyone worried that this move to the NHL for Lambert could hurt the development of the players on the Admirals? I know that the Preds have great player development.
we have had 3 Milwaukee head coaches move up to the the NHL ranks and it hasnt seemed to make a difference.

We are pretty "system" focused. I wouldnt be surprised at all if one of the Admirals assistants got promoted and things continue pretty much uninterrupted

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:59 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
we have had 3 Milwaukee head coaches move up to the the NHL ranks and it hasnt seemed to make a difference.

We are pretty "system" focused. I wouldnt be surprised at all if one of the Admirals assistants got promoted and things continue pretty much uninterrupted
Sorry but this doesn't make any sense to me. Being an ex-Thrasher fan I don't get this whole idea of a seamless system between the AHL and NHL.

All jokes aside I always said that how the Thrashers had no control over their AHL team was one of the biggest problems with the team. I have always been blown away (pissed off) by how the Red Wings have these kids that seem to just come out of now where from their AHL team and step right in with little to no learning curve. It's great that Nashville does the same thing so well.

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:07 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Sorry but this doesn't make any sense to me. Being an ex-Thrasher fan I don't get this whole idea of a seamless system between the AHL and NHL.

All jokes aside I always said that how the Thrashers had no control over their AHL team was one of the biggest problems with the team. I have always been blown away (pissed off) by how the Red Wings have these kids that seem to just come out of now where from their AHL team and step right in with little to no learning curve. It's great that Nashville does the same thing so well.
We have a greeat relationship with the folks in milwaukee. The cliche is the road to nashville is through milwaukee, and i guess that goes for coaches too. an ahl club sole purpose is to get these kids ready for the nhl. it makes no sense to run different systems. but when your whole org is filled with grinders, young grinders, baby grinders and offensive defenseman, you have to run a syatem that clearly works.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
When I look at the Preds and the way that the on-ice product is built, managed, and maintained, I tend to think that the most important positions within the organization in rank order are GM (Poile), Head Coach (Trotz), Assistant GM (Fenton) and AHL Coach (Lambert's replacement). Alot of people would not agree with that assessment, but because of the Pred's heavy reliance on player development and the "Road to Nashville" rule, I think it's probably the fourth most important hockey ops position for the Preds when you look at the entirety of their organization. It's just not development of talent of course, it's also ensuring that players are completely Predworthy in their understanding of the Predway before Trotz gets them in Nashville. For the new folks from ATL, learning the Predway and developing hockey skills at the AHL level are not necessarily the same thing as you will learn.

Although this move was about as obvious as it gets, I would have preferred leaving Lambert in Milwaukee and bringing in somebody else for a little fresh look at things. The problem is that Lambert was probably closer to getting offers from other teams in the NHL for assistant jobs than staying in the AHL for another year, so that probably forces the Preds hand some. Plus the Preds love continuity so Lambert replacing Peterson was the only possible Predslogical move they could move.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:17 AM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Now let Sullivan coach in Milwaukee
I actually like that idea - I'd love to see how he would do in a coaching role. Assuming that the Ads promote Herbers, there will be an opening at the assistant level.

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:58 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
I actually like that idea - I'd love to see how he would do in a coaching role. Assuming that the Ads promote Herbers, there will be an opening at the assistant level.
Haha I wasn't being sarcastic actually. It's just the little "sarcasm" smiley also looks like a devious smiley so that's how I use it sometimes. Confusing, I know, but it all makes sense in my head

Old
06-09-2011, 11:58 AM
glenngineer

While I think it's good for consistency I think another voice would be good. We have some issues that need to be addressed as a team and if Lambert is another in the lines of Trotz, Horachek and Peterson, some of those needs/tweaks on the team may not be addressed. The one I'm referring is the PP. While Lambert has done well in Milwaukee and deserved the promotion, was it the best move for the team.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:58 PM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Haha I wasn't being sarcastic actually. It's just the little "sarcasm" smiley also looks like a devious smiley so that's how I use it sometimes. Confusing, I know, but it all makes sense in my head
I knew you were being sarcastic, but I'm at least partially serious. I wonder how he'd do?

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:03 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Amazing blog post by Admirals play-by-play announcer Aaron Sims on Lane Lambert.

http://www.milwaukeeadmirals.com/hom...2010/01/060911

Old
06-09-2011, 03:57 PM
WartracePred

Does anyone know how bad the Ads PP was last year? I think it was near the bottom of the AHL. Talk about continuity!!

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:32 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Does anyone know how bad the Ads PP was last year? I think it was near the bottom of the AHL. Talk about continuity!!
You thought wrong.

They were 7th in the AHL at 19.7%. The problem was the penalty kill which was 25th at 80.6%.

They were 10th in 2009-2010 at 19.0%. 9th in 2008-2009 at 18.1%. 14th in 2007-2008 at 17.2%.

So they've gotten better on the power play every year under Lambert.

Old
06-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

I followed the Admirals heavily for a few years when it was Lambert/Lauer as the coaching duo for Milwaukee for 2 seasons. Lane Lambert is an excellent coach and he will be an NHL HC at some point in his career.

Very best of luck to him and congrats are in order for sure. Well deserved.

Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:21 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
I knew you were being sarcastic, but I'm at least partially serious. I wonder how he'd do?
No no I wasn't being sarcastic. I just used the smiley because I like it. I really wouldn't mind seeing Sullivan stick around with the organization in a coaching role, but would like to let him cut his teeth in the A

Old
06-09-2011, 10:23 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
You thought wrong.

They were 7th in the AHL at 19.7%.

Well I guess this is one of those rare instances where I'm glad I was embarrassingly wrong.

I hope his success was system based and not determined by his talent. Whether it is Lambert, or perhaps a replacement for Horacek (sp), please let Trotz hand over the PP to a new coach.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 11:00 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
You thought wrong.

They were 7th in the AHL at 19.7%. The problem was the penalty kill which was 25th at 80.6%.

They were 10th in 2009-2010 at 19.0%. 9th in 2008-2009 at 18.1%. 14th in 2007-2008 at 17.2%.

I was never impressed with the Ads PP. But they never really had 1 or 2 ace quarterbacks during Lane's tenure. They learned to cycle the puck. The D-men were good at coming down on the backside.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote