HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi invited to the US WJC summer camp

Old
06-09-2011, 10:13 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500
Jarred Tinordi invited to the US WJC summer camp

Here the full camp roster http://www.usahockey.com/Template_Us...1_06&ID=304892

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:47 AM
ScottFC

Good news! Hope he makes the team to give him some big game experience.

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Roulin

We have to assume that Forbort, Merrill and Faulk are locks. So that leaves:

Tinordi
Clendening
Cooper
Gravel
Holl
Johns
Jones
Levi
Murphy
Oleksiak
Russo

...competing for 4 spots. Pulling for Tinordi! Winning a spot on the team would go a long way in convincing me of his worth. Despite the flack they take when they don't win gold, I think the folks who put these WJC teams together are pretty good at what they do.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:01 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
We have to assume that Forbort, Merrill and Faulk are locks. So that leaves:

Tinordi
Clendening
Cooper
Gravel
Holl
Johns
Jones
Levi
Murphy
Oleksiak
Russo

...competing for 4 spots. Pulling for Tinordi! Winning a spot on the team would go a long way in convincing me of his worth. Despite the flack they take when they don't win gold, I think the folks who put these WJC teams together are pretty good at what they do.
Can we see team USA's version of the twin towers this year in Oleksiak and Tinordi?

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Clendening, Johns and Levi should make it before Tinordi.

Kind of sad really.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:07 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Tinordi is listed as being 6'7" tall?

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:08 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Tinordi is listed as being 6'7" tall?

skates on or off

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:09 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
skates on or off
At that height I wouldn't see the difference haha

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Bud2790

Bust

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:19 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
The Americans' game has been all about speed the last couple of years...Tinordi's a good skater but probably not the swiftest guy trying out for a spot. It would be really great to see him there, however.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Marchy79

Is this year's WJC's in North America or Europe?

I know it may be an odd question...

I thnk Tinordi should be a shoe in for a NA tourney role... I'd get to questions if it was in europe. Before anyone says it I do know he's good on his feet (fast for his huge size)... But in short tourneys, on a bigger ice sheet, I'd be more apt to put offence on the back end for passing ability. In NHL regulated rinks... I'd use size to ensure that the front of the net is cleared...

Either way, IMO he's got a great chance. Dale Hunter was using him 1/2 a game for his defensive coverages....

Seriously I cannot wait for his game to develop

If anyone remembers Mark Tinordi... He was such an intimidating force out on the blue line... Seriously just an absolute terror.

Freakishly huge, played with not only an edge, but a chasm of additude.

Mark said his son is the same, only faster...

All I could say, is to people thinking Oleksiak, and Chara...

Tinordi is going to be MORE nasty than Chara, MORE intimidating... MORE mean... IMO less of an offensive game though... This could be wrong even, because even as we speak about Tinordi now, this is what Dale WANTS to develop in Jarred.

He is bar none a very exciting prospect... One I am definately not concerned about playing in WJC's or not... He will represent USA someday in the future.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:21 PM
TheBuriedHab

Hope he makes it but won't be in the least disappointed if he doesn't.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Is this year's WJC's in North America or Europe?

I know it may be an odd question...

I thnk Tinordi should be a shoe in for a NA tourney role... I'd get to questions if it was in europe. Before anyone says it I do know he's good on his feet (fast for his huge size)... But in short tourneys, on a bigger ice sheet, I'd be more apt to put offence on the back end for passing ability. In NHL regulated rinks... I'd use size to ensure that the front of the net is cleared...

Either way, IMO he's got a great chance. Dale Hunter was using him 1/2 a game for his defensive coverages....

Seriously I cannot wait for his game to develop

If anyone remembers Mark Tinordi... He was such an intimidating force out on the blue line... Seriously just an absolute terror.

Freakishly huge, played with not only an edge, but a chasm of additude.

Mark said his son is the same, only faster...

All I could say, is to people thinking Oleksiak, and Chara...

Tinordi is going to be MORE nasty than Chara, MORE intimidating... MORE mean... IMO less of an offensive game though... This could be wrong even, because even as we speak about Tinordi now, this is what Dale WANTS to develop in Jarred.

He is bar none a very exciting prospect... One I am definately not concerned about playing in WJC's or not... He will represent USA someday in the future.
You do realize USA has a lot of tall Dmen to choose from? After Tinordi's year, he'd be lucky to be selected before Oleksiak, Levi and Johns, similar type of players.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:37 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I can't see Oleksiak winning the spot over Tinordi. If they're going to take similar players, they'll take the older more experienced one.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
You do realize USA has a lot of tall Dmen to choose from? After Tinordi's year, he'd be lucky to be selected before Oleksiak, Levi and Johns, similar type of players.
Im not concerned of the guys who arent Hab prospects in making this team...

Im simply saying Tinordi does not have to make this team in order to be considered a fantastic prospect. We didnt get him for his offence... He's here to be a shut down d... IMO these short tourneys (I still consider the WJC's short due to their single game knockout playoff rounds) His game may not translate to success there. Not as a 19 year old growing in to his form. These tourneys usually require 2 way guys, as the tourney is so short, and you need to get the O from anywhere you can get it.

I do understand that USA has other options.... What I am saying is that WJC's matter very little to me when it comes to this beast.

I'll be honest, I'd be more worried if Gallagher doesnt make Canada (which I dont think could happen... I think Gallagher is a shoe in there) becasue as an offensive dynamo... These tourneys do matter to his skillset.

Tinordi's best years development wise even, will probably be past the age of 20. He's still rounding in to form, and these huge kids have a long way to go.

This being said... I would believe that Tinordi should compare favourably to Oleksiak... But I guess time will tell.

A whole lot of people will get very upset if they hear Tinordi didnt make it on the USA WJC squad. Im just saying to me... Considering his skill set, and what he was drafted for... I am not worried if he doesnt make the team.

BTW, great stat: The kid has just about 40 pounds on any other defenceman trying for a roster spot.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Roulin

Just noticed that draft eligibles Oleksiak, Clendening, Russo and Murphy were invited, but not Mayfield. I wonder if Mayfield is falling in draft rankings, maybe to the 3rd round?

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:53 PM
kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
skates on or off
I thought every hockey player's height was without skates.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:53 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Im not concerned of the guys who arent Hab prospects in making this team...

Im simply saying Tinordi does not have to make this team in order to be considered a fantastic prospect. We didnt get him for his offence... He's here to be a shut down d... IMO these short tourneys (I still consider the WJC's short due to their single game knockout playoff rounds) His game may not translate to success there. Not as a 19 year old growing in to his form. These tourneys usually require 2 way guys, as the tourney is so short, and you need to get the O from anywhere you can get it.

I do understand that USA has other options.... What I am saying is that WJC's matter very little to me when it comes to this beast.

I'll be honest, I'd be more worried if Gallagher doesnt make Canada (which I dont think could happen... I think Gallagher is a shoe in there) becasue as an offensive dynamo... These tourneys do matter to his skillset.

Tinordi's best years development wise even, will probably be past the age of 20. He's still rounding in to form, and these huge kids have a long way to go.

This being said... I would believe that Tinordi should compare favourably to Oleksiak... But I guess time will tell.

A whole lot of people will get very upset if they hear Tinordi didnt make it on the USA WJC squad. Im just saying to me... Considering his skill set, and what he was drafted for... I am not worried if he doesnt make the team.

BTW, great stat: The kid has just about 40 pounds on any other defenceman trying for a roster spot.
The defencemen trying out for Team USA is 14 deep and every one is above average player the same as Team Canada,Seth Jones draft is two years away and he's been playing for the under 18 team almost all year.Lots to choose from and Tinordi may not make it so that the younger dmen get some experience.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:08 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Just noticed that draft eligibles Oleksiak, Clendening, Russo and Murphy were invited, but not Mayfield. I wonder if Mayfield is falling in draft rankings, maybe to the 3rd round?
It's hard to imagine Brian Burke passing on Mayfield however many times it would take for him to fall to us in the 3rd.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:28 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
It's hard to imagine Brian Burke passing on Mayfield however many times it would take for him to fall to us in the 3rd.
He's a wild card just like Kabanov in that he's not really aware of how important his maturity counts going forward,its real life not a game.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:39 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Is this year's WJC's in North America or Europe?.
western canada if i'm not mistaken

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:41 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
He's a wild card just like Kabanov in that he's not really aware of how important his maturity counts going forward,its real life not a game.
I've never heard anything about Mayfield's maturity or attitude being a problem, especially compared to Kabanov where that was all you ever heard...

Old
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

USA is VERY deep on defense, just look at last year's draft, I don't see Tinordi making it or not being a good gauge for his future success. Lots of fine NHLers have never played for Canada or the US at the WJHC. It's not like he got cut from Slovakia or Norway.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:05 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Should be interesting to see if he makes it. With him being from the USNDTP, he's got that going for him as USA loves to pick their development program players, plus he's got international experience at the U-18's. But with USA being deep on the blueline makes it that much harder, he's going to need a strong camp and good start to next season.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I can't see Oleksiak winning the spot over Tinordi. If they're going to take similar players, they'll take the older more experienced one.
They'll take the better one, first. Then if it's a tie, I'm not sure that Tinordi would automatically win... ensuring that they lure Oleksiak to Team USAdom instead of Team Canadadom could be a factor. And Tinordi ditching Notre Dame... well, who can ever know how much such politics factor in any more. Supposedly not. But. Oleksiak's NCAA season seems somewhat more impressive than Tinordi's in the OHL, at least statistically, although I don't know Oleksiak otherwise. If he's a top-20 draft pick this month, that's more impressive than Tinordi's draft status too.

Anyway, I think the key will just be for Tinordi to have a good showing, show continued progress. I think you'd always want your 1st round pick to make his WJC national team, so it *should* be a disappointment if he doesn't, to at least some degree, however mild that degree might be with a "project" style player.

Seems like the odds are relatively low that he makes it. But at least he's in the camp, so the door is open. Walk through it, JT! (but duck?)

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote