HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zach Bogosian

Old
06-09-2011, 07:15 AM
JVR21
G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
If New Jersey wouldn't trade the 4th for him, would they trade it for the 7th and 8th overall?

Winnipeg: 4th overall
New Jersey: 7th and 8th overall
Columbus: Bogosian
New Jersey would be making out big time. Columbus, not so much.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
If New Jersey wouldn't trade the 4th for him, would they trade it for the 7th and 8th overall?

Big no from Winnipeg! We can't afford to give up 2 of our biggest assets to move up 3 spots in the draft. You are a fan of the team still?

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:45 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznik View Post
Wow, so much misguided info on Bogosian in here. O.K. so he hasn't done as well as a few of his peers, but they are the exception not the rule. He's a 20 year old d-man who has played nearly 200 games in the NHL, who has HUGE upside and will be at worst a #4 d-man next season.

He's had his ups and downs no doubt, but he's also a 20 year old kid who's stuggled through nagging injuries for 2 years, having to learn two different systems from two coaches who asked him to do different things.

If i'm after a d-man, then unless Larsson is still on the board i trade a top ten pick for Bogosian without hesitation - remember Bogosian was a #3 pick himself. There's no guarantee any other d-man that a team drafts in the top ten (Hamilton, Murphy, Siemens, whoever) will turn out better than Bogosian, AND they are 3 years behind in their development.
If he's only 20 years old and already suffering through nagging injuries, how is that going to turn out in the future. Saying he's been injury prone thus far in his career isn't exactly appealing.

I can agree with the exception, not the rule argument, but seeing 6 D-men shine from the same draft class while Bogo has had his struggles isn't exactly helping his value. It's probably not fair to him, but it is what it is. I'd rather have Doughty, Myers, Pietrangelo, Schenn, Karlsson, and Carlson just from the first round of that draft class alone.

Don't bring up the "he was the #3 pick himself" argument. It's a dumb one. A lot has changed since June 2009. Roman Hamrilik was the #1 overall pick himself. Would you swap valuable assets for him?

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

If the rumor concerning a potential poor fit is accurate, then it's unfortunate timing for his club, given the current ebb in his development. The Winnipeg franchise would be selling low with a blue chipper, and you never want to do that if possible.

All else being equal, you want to retain a guy in that situation.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Silly Goose

Quote:

Basically, 'Peg trades 7 and 8 to move up to 4? Don't see it happenieng.

Silly Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:

Yes, I'd do that.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Quote:

I would do that in a heartbeat. Murphy/Hamilton + Zibanejad.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
Big no from Winnipeg! We can't afford to give up 2 of our biggest assets to move up 3 spots in the draft. You are a fan of the team still?
Exactly, there is no way Winnipeg would do this.

Even if Bogosian is not happy about going to Winnipeg, they will not trade him unless they are getting what they feel is appropriate value for him.

He is still under team control so there should be no sense of panic.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:26 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Exactly, there is no way Winnipeg would do this.

Even if Bogosian is not happy about going to Winnipeg, they will not trade him unless they are getting what they feel is appropriate value for him.

He is still under team control so there should be no sense of panic.
I'm not even sure that he is available now that there is new managment running the show. Have there been any confirmations that Bogosian doesn't want to go to Winnipeg? I haven't heard any. If he hasn't told anyone that he doesn't want to go, there is no reason to continue assuming that he will be traded.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Devil X
Next man up!

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
I wouldnt do the trade but i believe the kid needs to get out of that organization. Nothing against Atl or Wpg, just needs something different for his development.

I think NJ would be a good place for that but not for 4th overall.

Devil X is offline   Reply With Quote