HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs development camp will be held June 5-9 in Brossard

Old
06-09-2011, 01:19 AM
Guilliam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
Thanks. and thanks to WTFpineapple too.

Guilliam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Gaston Gingras

small report from an other board
'I heard from a person who went to watch, that Berger was the biggest surprise and most impressive on the ice. Skates well, big body, heavy shot. Avtsin was also one of the hardest working. JM said himself that he is impressed with Palushaj and Tinordi. I read that Tinordi is the best looking D man there.. getting in the lanes, blocking shots and playing physical. Mac Bennet , or maybe it was MacMillan..scored 3 breakaway goals..

Gaston Gingras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
Is WTFpineapple ok? He hasn't posted anything since venturing off into the lightning storm.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:24 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Now that my thoughts are clear, how about a mini-report.

pine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:26 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Now that my thoughts are clear, how about a mini-report.
YES!

Thank you

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:17 AM
pine

Avtsin: Easily the best player at camp. Strong on his feet, uses his frame to protect the puck. Possesses a good wrist shot along with a quick release, didn't use his slap shot though. Did not seem to be your typical Russian. Skated hard, went into the corners, played hard along the boards.

Berger: Big player. Didn't see him much, but I liked what I saw. Good shot. Fluid skater for a 6'4 player

Bournival: Disappointed to be honest. Looked invisible. Literally. Nothing worthwhile to note.

Dame-Malka: Looked small out there, the 5'10 given on the development camp roster might have been generous. Showed solid offensive abilities along with a good shot. He's one player I'd like to see more of, perhaps at the next camp in July.

Gallagher: Probably has been said many times but Gallagher is one tough cookie. Never one to back down, drives to the net often and hard. In comparison to others who may have appeared nonchalant, Gallagher is always active, always looking for open space. Possesses a precise shot along with a quick release which he puts to good use by putting the puck in the net.

Kristo: In comparison to previous years, looked much stronger on his skates. Really looks like he put in some solid work at the gym. Even with the extra weight/muscle, did not seem to lose those quick feet of his. I like what he brings offensively. Displays strong offensive awareness. Yesterday, made the little plays right. Hope to see him dominate the NCAA this upcoming season.

Schultz: I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him making the big club. Still not much of a strong skater. Was found on his butt quite a few times but do not know if it's for a lack of balance or just his luck yesterday. Shot was terribly inconsistent: capable of a laser beam top corner once in a while but most of the time terribly weak and off the mark. I know he wasn't brought in for his finesse, but you'd at least want to see him bring something else to the table other than his physical play.

Tinordi: One of the solid defensemen at the camp. His huge frame (6'6) literally makes him a man among boys. Not afraid to be physical along the boards and easily scoops the puck away from opposing forwards, who end up butts on the ice. Showed defensive awareness. Offensively, however, again, don't expect him to have the same impact. It's just not him. I don't know if it was only for yesterday, but Tinordi lacked good decision making with the puck, overthinking the play and then ending fumbling the puck or forcing a pass, when he had simpler options available.

pine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:38 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
God I love this forum! Thx WTFpineapple for the info! Wish I'd be there

PhysicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:38 AM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
Avtsin: Easily the best player at camp. Strong on his feet, uses his frame to protect the puck. Possesses a good wrist shot along with a quick release, didn't use his slap shot though. Did not seem to be your typical Russian. Skated hard, went into the corners, played hard along the boards.

Berger: Big player. Didn't see him much, but I liked what I saw. Good shot. Fluid skater for a 6'4 player

Bournival: Disappointed to be honest. Looked invisible. Literally. Nothing worthwhile to note.

Dame-Malka: Looked small out there, the 5'10 given on the development camp roster might have been generous. Showed solid offensive abilities along with a good shot. He's one player I'd like to see more of, perhaps at the next camp in July.

Gallagher: Probably has been said many times but Gallagher is one tough cookie. Never one to back down, drives to the net often and hard. In comparison to others who may have appeared nonchalant, Gallagher is always active, always looking for open space. Possesses a precise shot along with a quick release which he puts to good use by putting the puck in the net.

Kristo: In comparison to previous years, looked much stronger on his skates. Really looks like he put in some solid work at the gym. Even with the extra weight/muscle, did not seem to lose those quick feet of his. I like what he brings offensively. Displays strong offensive awareness. Yesterday, made the little plays right. Hope to see him dominate the NCAA this upcoming season.

Schultz: I really hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him making the big club. Still not much of a strong skater. Was found on his butt quite a few times but do not know if it's for a lack of balance or just his luck yesterday. Shot was terribly inconsistent: capable of a laser beam top corner once in a while but most of the time terribly weak and off the mark. I know he wasn't brought in for his finesse, but you'd at least want to see him bring something else to the table other than his physical play.

Tinordi: One of the solid defensemen at the camp. His huge frame (6'6) literally makes him a man among boys. Not afraid to be physical along the boards and easily scoops the puck away from opposing forwards, who end up butts on the ice. Showed defensive awareness. Offensively, however, again, don't expect him to have the same impact. It's just not him. I don't know if it was only for yesterday, but Tinordi lacked good decision making with the puck, overthinking the play and then ending fumbling the puck or forcing a pass, when he had simpler options available.
Thanks Wtfpinneaple!

Nice to hear that Avtsin is working hard out there hopefully he'll break out this year in the Ahl. Same for Tinordi after some of the reports I've seen here its good to hear that he looks good out there and I hope he trains hard this summer and has a huge year in the Ohl.

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Protest the Hero

Thanks WTFpineapple!

Did you get a good look at any more of the try-outs that were invited? Also, how did the goalies look? Thanks again!

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Kyosuke

Thanks for the report! It's nice to hear that Avstin, Gallagher and Kristo are doing good! 3 of my top prospects!!

Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:03 AM
neofury*

Thanks for the report dude as you already know it's much appreciated.

I'm happy Avtsyn looked good and appeared to be working hard. It means he likely isn't going to give up just yet. (Wouldn't blame him if they were still benching him this year though)

Hopefully it's going to be his year!

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Gros Bill

Thanks for the reports, onoly reason I still lurk around here.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Come back

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:50 AM
TheBuriedHab

Nice report dude. Im excited about hearing Kristo adding some weight to his frame.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:58 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekay Zubban View Post
AK has horrible balance. He falls almost as much as Pouliot.
Do you actually watch him play??

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Guilliam

Thanks WTFPineapple!

I think Bournival is the kind of player that shines in real game situation as he doesn't appear to have lots of skills but just lots of tenacity.

Guilliam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Lacking internet connection at Résidence Soleil must not help either.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:56 PM
guest1467

Gallagher is starting to remind me of Brian Gionta.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:57 PM
overlords
Hfboards

But..but.. Avtsin did nothing in the ahl this year

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Sebaldian

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
legs aren't anywhere near as big as I'd thought they'd be.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:36 PM
S Bah

Thanks Danny V aka wtfpineapple great to get reports like these.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
legs aren't anywhere near as big as I'd thought they'd be.
Which is excellent news imo. That means there is still work to be done and progress to be made. When he turns 21,22 years old and starts gaining mass he will become a force not to be wrecking with. I'm crossing my fingers for a mix between Hall Gill and Matt Carkner but a better skater.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:43 PM
JohnLennon

I heard Tinordi was terrible with the London Knights this season, so it's good news to hear that he is playing well and working hard at the development camp.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Which is excellent news imo. That means there is still work to be done and progress to be made. When he turns 21,22 years old and starts gaining mass he will become a force not to be wrecking with. I'm crossing my fingers for a mix between Hall Gill and Matt Carkner but a better skater.
I would cry if that's all he ended up being.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote