HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Wojtek Wolski

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2011, 01:11 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Wolski would be a horrible fit for you guys.

He's soft, inconsistent, and ineffective nearly every shift.

Million dollar talent, ten cent brain.

And, besides, where would you play him? Both Neal and Kunitz are infinitely more effective than Wolski.
We are crap out of options at RW and we have 20 players wiling to do everything he won't.

Right now these second chance guys with skill are the best options for team like us against the cap but maybe one position from winning a cup.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I don't understand this board sometimes. We may potentially have the cap space to sign a Jokinen, Leino, maaybe Ryder, Upshall, etc. and some people are against it. Yet, the New York Rangers, who aren't busting at the seem with talented forwards, are looking to dump two overpaid players (one that is talented but hasn't shown an ounce of consistent effort or drive, and 2 an over the hill, injured, has been) and people are chomping at the bit to throw them $2 mil and a pens sweater. Give me a break.
Can we please stop with the Jokinen, Ryder, Leino talks? Leino is NOT leaving the Flyers. Jokinen WILL re-sign with Carolina, Ryder will most likely stay in Boston. Does everyone think their teams won't re-sign them? If they're as good as everyone says they are, why would their former teams let them go so we can sign them and be dominant? Seriously everyone needs to be realistic, if they hit the open market it will be because of their teams not meeting their desired salary, what on earth makes you guys think the Pens will give them the money they want? As the saying goes, 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it." We were pretty successful this past season without Staal for the 1st half and Crosby and Malkin for the 2nd half. Re-sign our guys and compete for the cup next year, forget about signing Ryder, Jokinen and Leino. They fit their teams, our guys fit our team.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
We are crap out of options at RW and we have 20 players wiling to do everything he won't.

Right now these second chance guys with skill are the best options for team like us against the cap but maybe one position from winning a cup.
We really don't need a big time RW, we have the best depth down the middle, great Lws and decent RWs

Kunitz-Crosby-Kennedy
Neal-Malkin-Letestu
Cooke-Staal-Dupuis
Rupp-Adams-Asham

Can you honestly tell me those lines wouldn't work?

Old
06-09-2011, 01:18 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post

Wolski is primarily a LW--which is why I don't think Pittsburgh is a very good option for him. He's not nearly as good at RW, because he is a playmaker--not a goal scorer. You wanna have the guy with his stick on the boards in that situation, so he has more room against the defender to navigate.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
06-09-2011, 01:21 PM
TheWizardOfCros

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
We really don't need a big time RW, we have the best depth down the middle, great Lws and decent RWs

Kunitz-Crosby-Kennedy
Neal-Malkin-Letestu
Cooke-Staal-Dupuis
Rupp-Adams-Asham

that team looks like its one RW from being a true cup favorite/contender. kennedy and tube the top two lines RW, that seems to be a little to risky imo

Old
06-09-2011, 01:23 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Can we please stop with the Jokinen, Ryder, Leino talks? Leino is NOT leaving the Flyers. Jokinen WILL re-sign with Carolina, Ryder will most likely stay in Boston. Does everyone think their teams won't re-sign them? If they're as good as everyone says they are, why would their former teams let them go so we can sign them and be dominant? Seriously everyone needs to be realistic, if they hit the open market it will be because of their teams not meeting their desired salary, what on earth makes you guys think the Pens will give them the money they want? As the saying goes, 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it." We were pretty successful this past season without Staal for the 1st half and Crosby and Malkin for the 2nd half. Re-sign our guys and compete for the cup next year, forget about signing Ryder, Jokinen and Leino. They fit their teams, our guys fit our team.
First off, you need to stop with this "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" bs because you say it all the time. The fact is, great teams CAN make changes to get better. Look at Philly and Vancouver last year. Both made additions in free agency and throughout the year to improve. Hell, Vancouver added Torres, Malhotra, Higgins, Hamhuis, Ballard, and Lapierre. Did they go "well our lines are doing well and we have been pretty successful in the playoffs so let's just resign our guys"?

We have added M&M as well as Neal so I know we will be contenders next year but why not look to add a scoring rw if it's possible? And your understanding of Leino and Jokinen's situations is poor. Leino may become a cap casualty if Philly comes to terms with Bryz. No way they sign him for under $6 mil unless it's a cap circumventing type of deal. That means they either have to part with Carter, Carle+, or some combination of not signing Leino and getting rid of a few others. Getting Leino IS possible so why shouldn't I want it.

As for Jokinen, there are rumors out there that he's testing Free Agency. Can we afford him? Frankly, I'm not sure. He may go for the big bucks. Or he may take something reasonable (3-3.5) to play for a serious contender.

Point being, these ARE possible targets and I am not being unrealistic thinking it's possible.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:

Kunitz-Crosby-Kennedy
Neal-Malkin-Letestu
Cooke-Staal-Dupuis
Rupp-Adams-Asham

Letestu is not a RW. Stop pretending he is.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:31 PM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Quote:

Kunitz-Crosby-Kennedy
Neal-Malkin-Letestu
Cooke-Staal-Dupuis
Rupp-Adams-Asham

I'd rather have Tangradi be given a shot as the 2nd line RW.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Letestu is not a RW. Stop pretending he is.
Oh really? Well technically Kennedy isn't a RW either, and neither is Malkin, as a matter of fact neither was Comrie, however somebody came up with a strange idea that centers can play on the wing too! And I have video proof that Letestu plays better on RW with Malkin, he scored 14 this year, put him on the wing, I guarantee he will score at least 20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKUpSizA3g go to 0:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKIzrWWq_U

Letestu is a center but can play well on the wing. Hey Jeffrey isn't a RW either but people still say he should be our 3rd line RW. You act like it makes no sense, when in reality it makes perfect sense and if you can't see that, then whatever, eveyone has their opinion.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:45 PM
regard

Quote:
Oh really? Well technically Kennedy isn't a RW either, and neither is Malkin, as a matter of fact neither was Comrie, however somebody came up with a strange idea that centers can play on the wing too! And I have video proof that Letestu plays better on RW with Malkin, he scored 14 this year, put him on the wing, I guarantee he will score at least 20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKUpSizA3g go to 0:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKIzrWWq_U

Letestu is a center but can play well on the wing. Hey Jeffrey isn't a RW either but people still say he should be our 3rd line RW. You act like it makes no sense, when in reality it makes perfect sense and if you can't see that, then whatever, eveyone has their opinion.
Not that I want all that snippyness directed at me or anything but Kennedy has played RW since entering the NHL, prior to that he was a Center yes. Malkin has played RW with us some and in the WC. Comrie didnt play RW he played center...for Malkin.

As for Jeffrey we really dont know if he can play RW. But hes at least played wing on the left so who knows.

Someone doubting Letestu can convert to RW makes more sense than those examples. We dont know if he can until we see him try it.

Old
06-09-2011, 01:50 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

Wolski has not, in fact, been waived. And Larry Brooks is reporting that Drury is the one on the chopping block. So looks like we're done here for now, barring a change of heart by Sather.

General UFA/lineup discussion should be continued in the stickied thread. Thanks, all.

Closed Thread