HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Wojtek Wolski

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-09-2011, 01:11 PM
  #26
eXile59
Shirts on.
 
eXile59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 16,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Wolski would be a horrible fit for you guys.

He's soft, inconsistent, and ineffective nearly every shift.

Million dollar talent, ten cent brain.

And, besides, where would you play him? Both Neal and Kunitz are infinitely more effective than Wolski.
We are crap out of options at RW and we have 20 players wiling to do everything he won't.

Right now these second chance guys with skill are the best options for team like us against the cap but maybe one position from winning a cup.

eXile59 is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 01:12 PM
  #27
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I don't understand this board sometimes. We may potentially have the cap space to sign a Jokinen, Leino, maaybe Ryder, Upshall, etc. and some people are against it. Yet, the New York Rangers, who aren't busting at the seem with talented forwards, are looking to dump two overpaid players (one that is talented but hasn't shown an ounce of consistent effort or drive, and 2 an over the hill, injured, has been) and people are chomping at the bit to throw them $2 mil and a pens sweater. Give me a break.
Can we please stop with the Jokinen, Ryder, Leino talks? Leino is NOT leaving the Flyers. Jokinen WILL re-sign with Carolina, Ryder will most likely stay in Boston. Does everyone think their teams won't re-sign them? If they're as good as everyone says they are, why would their former teams let them go so we can sign them and be dominant? Seriously everyone needs to be realistic, if they hit the open market it will be because of their teams not meeting their desired salary, what on earth makes you guys think the Pens will give them the money they want? As the saying goes, 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it." We were pretty successful this past season without Staal for the 1st half and Crosby and Malkin for the 2nd half. Re-sign our guys and compete for the cup next year, forget about signing Ryder, Jokinen and Leino. They fit their teams, our guys fit our team.

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 01:17 PM
  #28
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
We are crap out of options at RW and we have 20 players wiling to do everything he won't.

Right now these second chance guys with skill are the best options for team like us against the cap but maybe one position from winning a cup.
We really don't need a big time RW, we have the best depth down the middle, great Lws and decent RWs

Kunitz-Crosby-Kennedy
Neal-Malkin-Letestu
Cooke-Staal-Dupuis
Rupp-Adams-Asham

Can you honestly tell me those lines wouldn't work?

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 01:18 PM
  #29
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,795
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
We are crap out of options at RW and we have 20 players wiling to do everything he won't.

Right now these second chance guys with skill are the best options for team like us against the cap but maybe one position from winning a cup.
Wolski is primarily a LW--which is why I don't think Pittsburgh is a very good option for him. He's not nearly as good at RW, because he is a playmaker--not a goal scorer. You wanna have the guy with his stick on the boards in that situation, so he has more room against the defender to navigate.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 01:21 PM
  #30
TheWizardOfCros
Registered User
 
TheWizardOfCros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Harrisburg,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
We really don't need a big time RW, we have the best depth down the middle, great Lws and decent RWs

Kunitz-Crosby-Kennedy
Neal-Malkin-Letestu
Cooke-Staal-Dupuis
Rupp-Adams-Asham

Can you honestly tell me those lines wouldn't work?
that team looks like its one RW from being a true cup favorite/contender. kennedy and tube the top two lines RW, that seems to be a little to risky imo

TheWizardOfCros is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 01:23 PM
  #31
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
Can we please stop with the Jokinen, Ryder, Leino talks? Leino is NOT leaving the Flyers. Jokinen WILL re-sign with Carolina, Ryder will most likely stay in Boston. Does everyone think their teams won't re-sign them? If they're as good as everyone says they are, why would their former teams let them go so we can sign them and be dominant? Seriously everyone needs to be realistic, if they hit the open market it will be because of their teams not meeting their desired salary, what on earth makes you guys think the Pens will give them the money they want? As the saying goes, 'if it isn't broken, don't fix it." We were pretty successful this past season without Staal for the 1st half and Crosby and Malkin for the 2nd half. Re-sign our guys and compete for the cup next year, forget about signing Ryder, Jokinen and Leino. They fit their teams, our guys fit our team.
First off, you need to stop with this "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" bs because you say it all the time. The fact is, great teams CAN make changes to get better. Look at Philly and Vancouver last year. Both made additions in free agency and throughout the year to improve. Hell, Vancouver added Torres, Malhotra, Higgins, Hamhuis, Ballard, and Lapierre. Did they go "well our lines are doing well and we have been pretty successful in the playoffs so let's just resign our guys"?

We have added M&M as well as Neal so I know we will be contenders next year but why not look to add a scoring rw if it's possible? And your understanding of Leino and Jokinen's situations is poor. Leino may become a cap casualty if Philly comes to terms with Bryz. No way they sign him for under $6 mil unless it's a cap circumventing type of deal. That means they either have to part with Carter, Carle+, or some combination of not signing Leino and getting rid of a few others. Getting Leino IS possible so why shouldn't I want it.

As for Jokinen, there are rumors out there that he's testing Free Agency. Can we afford him? Frankly, I'm not sure. He may go for the big bucks. Or he may take something reasonable (3-3.5) to play for a serious contender.

Point being, these ARE possible targets and I am not being unrealistic thinking it's possible.

Shady Machine is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 01:26 PM
  #32
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
We really don't need a big time RW, we have the best depth down the middle, great Lws and decent RWs

Kunitz-Crosby-Kennedy
Neal-Malkin-Letestu
Cooke-Staal-Dupuis
Rupp-Adams-Asham

Can you honestly tell me those lines wouldn't work?
Letestu is not a RW. Stop pretending he is.

Shady Machine is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 01:31 PM
  #33
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!
 
spiny norman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
We really don't need a big time RW, we have the best depth down the middle, great Lws and decent RWs

Kunitz-Crosby-Kennedy
Neal-Malkin-Letestu
Cooke-Staal-Dupuis
Rupp-Adams-Asham

Can you honestly tell me those lines wouldn't work?
I'd rather have Tangradi be given a shot as the 2nd line RW.

spiny norman is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 01:34 PM
  #34
Flat Stanley
Registered User
 
Flat Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Letestu is not a RW. Stop pretending he is.
Oh really? Well technically Kennedy isn't a RW either, and neither is Malkin, as a matter of fact neither was Comrie, however somebody came up with a strange idea that centers can play on the wing too! And I have video proof that Letestu plays better on RW with Malkin, he scored 14 this year, put him on the wing, I guarantee he will score at least 20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKUpSizA3g go to 0:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKIzrWWq_U

Letestu is a center but can play well on the wing. Hey Jeffrey isn't a RW either but people still say he should be our 3rd line RW. You act like it makes no sense, when in reality it makes perfect sense and if you can't see that, then whatever, eveyone has their opinion.

Flat Stanley is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 01:45 PM
  #35
regard
Registered User
 
regard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Staal Debates
Country: United States
Posts: 3,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgs4853 View Post
Oh really? Well technically Kennedy isn't a RW either, and neither is Malkin, as a matter of fact neither was Comrie, however somebody came up with a strange idea that centers can play on the wing too! And I have video proof that Letestu plays better on RW with Malkin, he scored 14 this year, put him on the wing, I guarantee he will score at least 20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKUpSizA3g go to 0:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKIzrWWq_U

Letestu is a center but can play well on the wing. Hey Jeffrey isn't a RW either but people still say he should be our 3rd line RW. You act like it makes no sense, when in reality it makes perfect sense and if you can't see that, then whatever, eveyone has their opinion.
Not that I want all that snippyness directed at me or anything but Kennedy has played RW since entering the NHL, prior to that he was a Center yes. Malkin has played RW with us some and in the WC. Comrie didnt play RW he played center...for Malkin.

As for Jeffrey we really dont know if he can play RW. But hes at least played wing on the left so who knows.

Someone doubting Letestu can convert to RW makes more sense than those examples. We dont know if he can until we see him try it.

regard is offline  
Old
06-09-2011, 01:50 PM
  #36
shureshot66
Global Moderator
 
shureshot66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 9,231
vCash: 500
Wolski has not, in fact, been waived. And Larry Brooks is reporting that Drury is the one on the chopping block. So looks like we're done here for now, barring a change of heart by Sather.

General UFA/lineup discussion should be continued in the stickied thread. Thanks, all.

shureshot66 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.