HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Anisimov

Old
06-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Chalfdiggity3

vCash: 500
Anisimov

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Rumors/1/36293

Apparently the rangers are looking to possibly trade Anisimov to the Jets/Oilers.. I know its Eklund so take it with a grain of salt. But with Brooks stating that brad Richards does NOT want to sign with us.. Could we be making a push for the #1 pick overall?

Anisimov, Girardi, 15th overall

for

1st overall ?

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Levitate

No, more likely it'd be Anisimov+ for Hemsky

doubt the Oilers are gonna give up the #1, at least for a package that small

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
No, more likely it'd be Anisimov+ for Hemsky

doubt the Oilers are gonna give up the #1, at least for a package that small
Hemsky is 1 year from UFA.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:50 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
I almost forgot that Eklund was somewhat relevant.

Anyway, no thanks. The Rangers wouldn't trade Anisimov for Richards, they aren't trading him for an oft-injured Hemsky.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Chalfdiggity3

I hate hemsky and i think he isnt as good as people make him out to be, plus he is worse injury wise than gaborik is. I wouldnt trade anything of value for him.

I have to believe that if we were to trade our 22yo 45pt excellent two way center that it would be for the #1 pick so we can grab a franchise center..

or since it is the jets, maybe its for Evander Kane

Old
06-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Arcillius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post

for

1st overall ?
I would doubt that would get the #1 pick. I would also not want to make that trade if I were the Rangers GM.

Regardless it would make little sense for the Rangers to trade one of their top two centers in the case where Richards wasn't coming. Our center depth is one of our weakest areas and even if we picked Nugent-Hopkins it would do little to help that in the short term.

Arcillius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

It would be nice to grab the first pick.. I do not want Hemsky at all..

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:09 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Rumors/1/36293

Apparently the rangers are looking to possibly trade Anisimov to the Jets/Oilers.. I know its Eklund so take it with a grain of salt. But with Brooks stating that brad Richards does NOT want to sign with us.. Could we be making a push for the #1 pick overall?

for

1st overall ?
Firstly, I'll believe that when Brooks writes that in one of his columns and not on twitter in reply to some fan comment. Secondly, wasn't Richards willing to waive his NTC at the deadline to go to the Rangers? Pretty difficult to imagine he would have accepted a trade here, but would not sign here as a FA?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Firstly, I'll believe that when Brooks writes that in one of his columns and not on twitter in reply to some fan comment. Secondly, wasn't Richards willing to waive his NTC at the deadline to go to the Rangers? Pretty difficult to imagine he would have accepted a trade here, but would not sign here as a FA?
I completley agree with you, sorry im just stating what was said.. Not my general opinion

Old
06-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Ih8theislanders

No to trading Arty...especially for Hemsky.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:23 PM
satrabyk

I would not mind taking a stab at Hemsky. He could be a high risk high reward kind of player. People want skill hes got it and he has the ability to play in the corners and protect the puck with decent size. However im not sure id be down to move AA at all.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:01 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I completley agree with you, sorry im just stating what was said.. Not my general opinion
Ya, just commenting on that. If Brooks does write something like this in a future column, I would question if it was merely posturing from Richards' agent to counter the information that was given to Brooks from the Rangers camp about them not being willing to offer a cap hit over $6.5 mil (which I don't believe to really be the case at all)

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:04 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Don't see this happening..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:07 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The media game. Someone told Spector about the Leafs making a play for Richards rights. Is that person trying to get the Rangers to move on Richards? Brooks wrote his column on Sunday. A few days later,the article appeared in the Daily News. When Dellapina covered the Rangers,Brooks and Dellapina would have conflicting stories.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:23 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
No to trading Arty...especially for Hemsky.
I'm with you. Maybe it's b/c he's a Russian w/ good hands and he put up some numbers in the A, but I get the feeling that some are ready to part with AA if he doesn't become a bona fide scoring center.

The fact of the matter is 2 way forwards that kill penalties, put up some points (i see his production rising again, lets say to the low-mid 50's even as a safe bet) and play a smart overall game don't grow on trees. As he puts on some weight as he gets older he may become even more valuable as he'll be tougher to knock off the puck and he can drive to the net a bit more like he's shown some flashes of.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:34 PM
mrjimmyg89
16 wins to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
I'm with you. Maybe it's b/c he's a Russian w/ good hands and he put up some numbers in the A, but I get the feeling that some are ready to part with AA if he doesn't become a bona fide scoring center.

The fact of the matter is 2 way forwards that kill penalties, put up some points (i see his production rising again, lets say to the low-mid 50's even as a safe bet) and play a smart overall game don't grow on trees. As he puts on some weight as he gets older he may become even more valuable as he'll be tougher to knock off the puck and he can drive to the net a bit more like he's shown some flashes of.
It's safe to say he could finish somewhere around 50 points, maybe he'll explode and put up bigger numbers in his 3rd season in the league. Low 50's is something that people would agree with as good progress for Anisimov.

I wouldn't give up Anisimov for Hemsky. If the #1 pick is on the table, or even the #7 pick from the new Winnipeg franchise, you have to see what can happen on draft day. If it's the #7 pick, and one of Strome, Huberdaeau, or Landeskog are there, you might want to potentially make the deal, since those guys are top end talent forwards in this draft. My guess is if those guys are there, Winnipeg will not want to trade the pick away at that point, for #15, Anisimov, and Girardi.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:42 PM
Claxton

Could be for the 7th overall pick. Gives the Rangers a crack at either Zibanejad, Strome, Hamilton, Murphy, maybe Couturier or a surprise faller.
I could see Anisimov+#15 getting that done. Good 2-way, 44 point, 22 year old sophomore centers aren't exactly common around the league. Anisimov should have a lot of value at this point, so in the right package the #1 should be a real scenario. Edmonton isn't exactly setting the world on fire with their defensive core+prospects either and the Rangers have more than they can handle.

Claxton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:45 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

is Nugent-Hopkins that good? No one has hyped him suggesting that he might just end up a 60 point center which isn't what we need. I'm open to trading Anisimov but it has to be for a better player. Otherwise, keep him. Showed a lot of promise. He could be a 60 pt player himself in just a few seasons.

edit: I'd take a Seguin

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:47 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Anisimov for Bobby Ryan, get it done Slats!

06-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Claxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
is Nugent-Hopkins that good? No one has hyped him suggesting that he might just end up a 60 point center which isn't what we need. I'm open to trading Anisimov but it has to be for a better player. Otherwise, keep him. Showed a lot of promise. He could be a 60 pt player himself in just a few seasons.
Rangers might be more interested in a guy like Landeskog. Comparisons to Mike Richards, Jarome Iginla, Daniel Alfredsson, Peter Forsberg(i.e might be the most complete player in the draft). Or even Adam Larsson, Tim Erixon's and Oscar Lindberg's teammate at Skelleftea. Possibly Erixon's defensive partner as well for a lengthy period of time(Right-handed shot too).
Plus Sather and Clark have been Swede-obsessed lately, so you never know what will happen.

Claxton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:55 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claxton View Post
Could be for the 7th overall pick. Gives the Rangers a crack at either Zibanejad, Strome, Hamilton, Murphy, maybe Couturier or a surprise faller.
I could see Anisimov+#15 getting that done. Good 2-way, 44 point, 22 year old sophomore centers aren't exactly common around the league. Anisimov should have a lot of value at this point, so in the right package the #1 should be a real scenario. Edmonton isn't exactly setting the world on fire with their defensive core+prospects either and the Rangers have more than they can handle.
Anisimov is worth more than moving up 8 spots in a crap draft.

If the Rangers are trading Anisimov, it better be in a package for a legitimate #1 center. Hell, I wouldn't do Anisimov for the 7th straight up--I'm not of the believe of trading proven players for picks, unless it's a top-3 pick, or complete slam dunk.

BrianBoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:12 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I want to remind everyone to discuss the rumor itself, rather than simply fixating on the source. If you think Eklund is ******** (like me), then don't read the thread. Posts that state nothing other than "Eklund is full of crap!" are considered spam.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Eklund only mentions the Rangers to increase traffic, so like always taking it with a grain of salt.

I don't like this draft class enough to consider moving Anisimov.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:25 PM
eco's bones

I expect Anisimov to get better--how much? is a good question but I don't think at least a few 50 point seasons is unrealistic. He's bigger, stronger, younger than Hemsky and he's likely to improve in all those areas. Hemsky is more creative. Hemsky is also very injury prone. I'd prefer holding on to Anisimov.

In any case I don't see the Rangers moving Anisimov unless and if they do sign Richards as I don't see them moving a center otherwise. I think they prefer Dubinsky on the wing. For now Stepan, Anisimov and Boyle at center. Moving Anisimov without bringing Richards in would kind of leave a hole in the middle.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:39 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I'd be pissed if Anisimov was traded for Hemsky. If MPS was included however...

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote