HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi invited to the US WJC summer camp

Old
06-09-2011, 02:11 PM
pc_md

vCash: 500
Quote:
We have to assume that Forbort, Merrill and Faulk are locks. So that leaves:

Tinordi
Clendening
Cooper
Gravel
Holl
Johns
Jones
Levi
Murphy
Oleksiak
Russo

...competing for 4 spots. Pulling for Tinordi! Winning a spot on the team would go a long way in convincing me of his worth. Despite the flack they take when they don't win gold, I think the folks who put these WJC teams together are pretty good at what they do.
But Merrill and Forbort are left handed, just like Tinordi. That actually leaves 2 spots open for Tinordi with strong competition. Not sure he will make it.

pc_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
... ensuring that they lure Oleksiak to Team USAdom instead of Team Canadadom could be a factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
But Merrill and Forbort are left handed, just like Tinordi. That actually leaves 2 spots open for Tinordi with strong competition. Not sure he will make it.
Both good points. He might be in tough.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:25 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Here's Chris Peters of united state of hockey take on Tinordi and the rest of team usa blueline.

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2011...er-defensemen/

Quote:
Jarred Tinordi – London Knights (OHL) — Tinordi had what many considered a down year at London last season. However, he has a history with USA Hockey as a captain of the 2010 U18 World Championship team. His size, physicality, and general nastiness make him an attractive option. However, he’s not going to be the only 6-foot-7 defenseman in camp now. I still expect him to be given every opportunity to make this team, but it’s no guarantee at all. He’ll need to have his best stuff in camp. Drafted by Montreal in the 1st Round, No. 22 overall, 2010.

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:07 PM
zaluty

Oleksiak is a dual citizen has he declared for the US or will he wait to see if Team Canada invites him and then decide?

zaluty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I think, at least, those concerned by some reports from London this year can be a bit reassured between this invitation and some nice reports from camp. Tinordi may take time to develop as he is a bit of a "project" type, but he definitely still seems to have high end potential.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:27 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
My thoughts on Tinordi going to tryouts for Team USA;it can only be good experience whether he makes the team or not.With the players they are choosing from they could have two solid defensive teams.I can't wait for the Exhibition games for the NHL pre-season to start and see how far along his development has come.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 05:08 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
imo Faulk isn't a lock, but he has a good chance.

I'd say its between Oleksiak, Tinordi and Johns

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:01 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
imo Faulk isn't a lock, but he has a good chance.

I'd say its between Oleksiak, Tinordi and Johns
what ? Faulk is a lock. he was the best 18yo d-men in the ncaa last yr. he signed with Carolina 2 months ago and as great chance to play in the nhl this year. Faulk is a stud.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
what ? Faulk is a lock. he was the best 18yo d-men in the ncaa last yr. he signed with Carolina 2 months ago and as great chance to play in the nhl this year. Faulk is a stud.
Wasn't Leddy cut last year? ...I remember USA not taking a player that was playing AHL.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:23 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Wasn't Leddy cut last year? ...I remember USA not taking a player that was playing AHL.
not sure about Leddy can't remember either but Faulk played for team usa in Buffalo so yes he's a lock for next year

Old
06-10-2011, 12:25 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
I think, at least, those concerned by some reports from London this year can be a bit reassured between this invitation and some nice reports from camp. Tinordi may take time to develop as he is a bit of a "project" type, but he definitely still seems to have high end potential.
If he's good enough to replace a guy like Gill or O'Byrne, I am fine with it. Anyway, I would had prefer Emerson Etem in that first round last year.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:07 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

pffft, bust

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 01:39 PM
TinordiandSubban

Another good looking D crew for the USA

Merill-Johns
Forbort-Faulk

Were two pairings from the USNTP two years ago, if Faulk makes the NHL then they go with one of Clendening or Russo as a puck mover. Connor Murphy will have to fight it out with Johns for a spot.

Seth Jones is the wild card, great size and mobility. If he makes it maybe they partner him with a stay-at-home guy like Tinordi?

The Tinordi-Oleksiak battle for a spot is truly a clash of the titans!

Oleksiak is actually the bigger of the two and has some upside offensively, tough call as to who gets it.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:03 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
Technically how can he be a lock if he has a chance to play in the NHL? Maybe the Canes will rather keep him in the NHL than send him to the WJC so his spot on team USA could be available...

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:08 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

wasn't this the camp that he was NOT invited to like 6 months ago? or was that something else? what opened up the invite now?

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
wasn't this the camp that he was NOT invited to like 6 months ago? or was that something else? what opened up the invite now?
He was invited to camp last year but didn't make Team USA.

Defense on team USA is one of the strongest positions on any team at the WJHC, all you have to do is look at the 2009-2010-2011 drafts and rankings.

Old
06-10-2011, 02:56 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
No. He got cut last year, that's all. You may be thinking of the fact he wasn't invited to the second US camp of that calender year. This is a whole new year.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I can't see Oleksiak winning the spot over Tinordi. If they're going to take similar players, they'll take the older more experienced one.
They'll take the one who plays in college.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:01 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
They'll take the one who plays in college.
USA has clearly shown a strong basis to the players from the USNDTP. That said I don't know if there would be any political problems since he opted out of his verbal commitment to the NCAA in favor of the OHL.

At the end of the day, he's got to have a great camp and a strong start to the season in order to get a shot at being at the next camp in December.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 06:34 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Technically how can he be a lock if he has a chance to play in the NHL? Maybe the Canes will rather keep him in the NHL than send him to the WJC so his spot on team USA could be available...
Well......he's a lock if he's not in the nhl...better now ?

Old
06-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The reports of Tinordi having a mean streak in this thread just made my day.

I want this Big O character too. The twin towers. Playoff bruisers, peanlty killers, in my fantasy world. Roll the dice PG.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Top Corner2

Maybe the habs draft Oleksiak at 17 and we can cheer for both? He's a guy I'd like the habs to draft.

Last year Tinordi didn't get past the 1st cuts. It would be nice for him to make the team, but what is more important is that he keeps developing. He seems to have had a good learning curve last year in London. Hopefully he goes back & really dominates this year & either has a memorial cup run (might have to be on a different team) or comes to Hamilton & helps out down the stretch & in the playoffs.

Patience will be needed with this guy, but I loved this pick last year. All the Gainey/Tinordi history, the size & the character. This kid is going to be a really useful part of the organization for a long time I think.

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Maybe the habs draft Oleksiak at 17 and we can cheer for both? He's a guy I'd like the habs to draft.

Last year Tinordi didn't get past the 1st cuts. It would be nice for him to make the team, but what is more important is that he keeps developing. He seems to have had a good learning curve last year in London. Hopefully he goes back & really dominates this year & either has a memorial cup run (might have to be on a different team) or comes to Hamilton & helps out down the stretch & in the playoffs.

Patience will be needed with this guy, but I loved this pick last year. All the Gainey/Tinordi history, the size & the character. This kid is going to be a really useful part of the organization for a long time I think.
It depends on who is available...if McNeill Scheifele Bartschi Beaulieu Klefblom or Armia are available I would go for those guys.

I think every team needs a Chara/Gill type shutdown guy but not necessarily two. You play that guy with a good puck mover because that player spends a lot of time on the ice against top lines so you don't want 2 stay at home guys together...Gill-Gorges worked but their puck moving wasn't the greatest, Subban IMHO was a better compliment to Gill because the puck would move much better.

Old
06-11-2011, 08:14 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It depends on who is available...if McNeill Scheifele Bartschi Beaulieu Klefblom or Armia are available I would go for those guys.

I think every team needs a Chara/Gill type shutdown guy but not necessarily two. You play that guy with a good puck mover because that player spends a lot of time on the ice against top lines so you don't want 2 stay at home guys together...Gill-Gorges worked but their puck moving wasn't the greatest, Subban IMHO was a better compliment to Gill because the puck would move much better.
Maybe they don't have to be paired together. Everytime the other team skates with the puck they have to deal with the long reach of Tinordi or Oleksiak. It is very tempting, but like you said, there might be better options at 17.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 09:07 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
The reports of Tinordi having a mean streak in this thread just made my day.

I want this Big O character too. The twin towers. Playoff bruisers, peanlty killers, in my fantasy world. Roll the dice PG.
Watching his fight card in the OHL this year. He takes a lot of punches. Defending himself and learning how to fight is a skill that I hope he improves on more than anything. I don't want him to be able to fight like Hal Gill.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote