HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Dimebag solo on Nickelback's "Side of a Bullet"

Closed Thread

Old
08-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Epoch

vCash: 500
Dimebag solo on Nickelback's "Side of a Bullet"

The guitar parts were assembled from outtakes, from the albums "Vulgar Display of Power" & "Far Beyond Driven". Even though I hate Nickelback, I'm quite interested in hearing this song.

Quote:
DIME solo on Nickleback's "Side Of A Bullet".
Posted by sherrie on 22.08. at 01:51
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Nickelback album "All The Right Reasons" features a previously unreleased guitar solo by late PANTERA and DAMAGEPLAN guitarist Dimebag Darrell. The solo can be heard on the song "Side Of A Bullet", inspired by Dimebag's death. The guitar parts (donated by his brother, drummer Vinnie Paul) are assembled from out takes from the PANTERA albums "Vulgar Display of Power" and "Far Beyond Driven".

NICKELBACK mainman Chad Kroeger first penned the song's aggressive, metallic riff, then wrote call-and-response lyrics from the perspective of a PANTERA fan so enraged over Dimebag's murder that he vows revenge, not realizing the shooter had already been killed by a policeman.

"I was very upset, and for two months, if I saw his picture somewhere I would get angry," Kroeger told MTV.com. "I hadn't lost somebody to a shooting before it wasn't as though he'd been killed in some sort of accident. He was taken in such a horrible, malicious way that just made it more painful."

Once Kroeger finished demoing "Side of a Bullet", he called up Paul and played it to him to get his take on the tune. Paul liked what he heard and urged Kroeger to write lyrics about Dime. "I said, 'Well, funny enough, that song is about your brother,' " Kroeger recalled.

Paul volunteered to play on the song, so Kroeger overnighted him the tape and encouraged him to record a new drum track over the one played by NICKELBACK drummer Daniel Adair. "He thought about it for a while," Kroeger said, "then he decided that Daniel had done such an amazing job that we should leave it the way it was. That's when he sent the guitar parts from 'Vulgar Display of Power' and 'Far Beyond Driven', which we used for the solo."
Thought some of you would be interested in reading this.

Old
08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
penaltykill67

Send a message via ICQ to penaltykill67 Send a message via AIM to penaltykill67 Send a message via Yahoo to penaltykill67
Interesting....

Old
08-24-2005, 05:49 PM
MotownMadman

I'll skip it. Not just because it's Nickelback, but also due to honoring an artist. Many artists don't want extra material released posthumously because, well, it wasn't good enough for them when they were alive, why is it good enough now? Plus, the posthumous releases never stand up to what they put out when alive (for the reason I just stated). But I don't need feel the need to listen to every lick he played in a garage band because I enjoy his playing.

Closed Thread