HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pronger to STL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2011, 07:44 PM
  #51
DrVanntastic
Registered User
 
DrVanntastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wentzville, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,876
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Holmgren would get laughed off the phone by Armstrong if he even suggested that.

There's no way that Chris Pronger, at this age, is worth one of the best 20-year-old defensemen in the NHL.

If I were Armstrong I'd consider Oshie to Philly for Pronger and negotiating rights to Ville Leino.
I think that is a solid basis for a deal and would merit consideration. Blues probably have to add a little, but probably not anything major.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:49 PM
  #52
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,145
vCash: 500
They'd be crazy to deal Pronger, the guy can be the difference between a 1st round exit and a shot at the finals. Yeah he can still be that effective, and he's a playoff warrior with psychological warfare on his resume, he can single handedly turn a team into a rival with that kind of presence. Even uses booing as a motivator to push himself, the guy's as mentally solid as it can get and having that for a leader isn't worth cap space and young up and comers.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 07:56 PM
  #53
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder
 
NitHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
I think that is a solid basis for a deal and would merit consideration. Blues probably have to add a little, but probably not anything major.
I get that from a Blues perspective. Honestly. But please tell me you do realize that's not something the Flyers would consider for a second, thus it's not "a solid basis for a deal and would merit consideration".

With these 2 teams at totally different places, it wouldn't make sense either way.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:09 AM
  #54
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
I get that from a Blues perspective. Honestly. But please tell me you do realize that's not something the Flyers would consider for a second, thus it's not "a solid basis for a deal and would merit consideration".
And you know this how, exactly?

Are you Paul Holmgren?

Perhaps Oshie for Pronger isn't a deal that a Flyers' fan would consider; that, however, does not in any way mean that the Flyers' management would not consider it.

And if you or anyone else purport in any way to be speaking for Flyers' management, or to have some "special" insight into what Flyers' management might do in any given situation, I'm going to call you out right here as full of bovine fecal matter...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:33 AM
  #55
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !
 
Vsevolod Bobrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 500
This thread is basically 2 pages of both sides agreeing that it makes no sense because Pronger is already in the right team.

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:04 AM
  #56
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
I can't see him being moved, so the discussion while warranted (it is a forum after all) is kind of moot.

It's a bit of a bi-polar argument really, mostly people are either believing he's an incredible defenseman who will change your team...or that he's now slow and overrated/on the decline. Quite hard to get a true "value" for such a player.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 12:37 PM
  #57
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
This thread is basically 2 pages of both sides agreeing that it makes no sense because Pronger is already in the right team.
No, this thread is basically two pages of Blues' fans admitting we'd like to see Pronger back in the 'Note because the previous team owner (who sold him off) was a giant moron... but we don't think Pronger is worth Pietrangelo at this stage of their respective careers.

An Oshie-Pronger deal, with some give and take on both sides, is a deal that could probably work out well for both clubs. Trading Pietrangelo for Pronger fills a hole on the Blues' roster, but opens the Grand Canyon.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:12 PM
  #58
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder
 
NitHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
And you know this how, exactly?

Are you Paul Holmgren?

Perhaps Oshie for Pronger isn't a deal that a Flyers' fan would consider; that, however, does not in any way mean that the Flyers' management would not consider it.

And if you or anyone else purport in any way to be speaking for Flyers' management, or to have some "special" insight into what Flyers' management might do in any given situation, I'm going to call you out right here as full of bovine fecal matter...
So it's OK for you to talk about what's good for the Blues but not for me to talk about what's good for the Flyers? ????

The Flyers have roughly a 2-year window to win the Cup with this group. As such, trading a leader and a proven playoff warrior like Pronger for a younger unproven player makes no sense. It says nothing about the talent of the younger player being referred to, but a win-now team is in no position to make such a deal.

Again, I totally understand why it doesn't make sense from the Blues side of things, too. It's not a my guy > your guy thing.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:13 PM
  #59
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder
 
NitHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Reading, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
No, this thread is basically two pages of Blues' fans admitting we'd like to see Pronger back in the 'Note because the previous team owner (who sold him off) was a giant moron... but we don't think Pronger is worth Pietrangelo at this stage of their respective careers.

An Oshie-Pronger deal, with some give and take on both sides, is a deal that could probably work out well for both clubs. Trading Pietrangelo for Pronger fills a hole on the Blues' roster, but opens the Grand Canyon.
But how can you say such a thing. After all, your not the GM of the Blues or the Flyers.


NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 03:08 PM
  #60
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,563
vCash: 10592
Pronger and the Flyers are tied together and they'll either win a Cup together, go up in flames together or both. Although St. Louis would be an interesting destination if they did decide to move him.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.