HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Burke better stay healthy!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 04:38 PM
fuhr

vCash: 500
Burke better stay healthy!!!!!!!!!!

It's very clear that this team is terrible when Burke isn't playing so he better find a way to stay healthy or Phoenix is in for a very long season. It's funny what confidence will do because when Burke plays they look and play like a completely different team. Does anyone know how serious Nagy's injury is?

Old
10-16-2003, 05:05 PM
CoyoteBaloney

How is this team very terrible without Burke? Boucher has played well. The Coyotes are also missing their top sniper in Nagy (not very serious groin pull ... resting him is just a precaution). The Coyotes are a young team and they will have their poor games. They came out flat -- very flat -- except for Boucher.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:23 PM
wilycoyote

The team has looked absolutely unenergetic with constant penalties taken in order to prevent Lightning forwards from blowing past the Coyotes D. Boucher has been left out to dry. He hasn't played that poorly, but everyone else has.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:47 PM

I hate to say it, but this is exactly what I predicted out of the game tonight. We'd score 1 and they'd score many. If the team doesn't respond to Boucher, then you either have to give more time until they respond with him in net, or make a move. Clearly the team plays for Burke, but he plays even better for them as well.

If this continues all season, I don't see another choice but moving Boucher and letting it to go Burke, Bierk, Pelletier, and Lenny -- whomever is left.

We have to build our offense, we've got a foundation of defense perhaps and goaltending. If we can develop the right guys and make some wise trades, it'll work out in the long run. If they don't build from the floor up, then we will be in line for continuous rebuilds.

Old
10-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Hoot

We saw this the last season too. The team seems to think it is ok to take the night off unless Burke is playing. So the question is, is it Burke that fires up the players before the game or Francis. My point is if Francis gets the praise for the pumped up teams that win, he deserves the blame when the team comes out flat.

Old
10-16-2003, 06:03 PM
ulf

go coyote.....i don't really see the concern for the off just yet. we have 8 20 goal scorers but no go to superstar.

the d is just plain learning,alot of changes and some questionable talent on d in my op.

please everyone no more responses to anyone talking about burke's value,if they don't get it yet they aren't going to.

that said this could be our achilles heel.far to early to condemn booch but sometimes teams don't play well in front of some goalies and this team may have that mentality in front of booch.they come out flat as an excuse or lacking the confidence to believe they can win.

without burke a high pick is our reward with him we'll never really know who this team is or what it's capable of.

Old
10-16-2003, 06:12 PM
hbk

actually I saw a lot of positives in the game. there was a period of time where this team outplayed and outhustled Tampa. I recall Savage tipping a shot in front of the net that Khabby didn't see but managed to stop. To me that was the turning point. Once Tampa scored the go ahead goal it just took any life we had left out of this team.

For a team that just played a close game the evening prior against a very well rested Tampa squad I thought we played reasonably well. Score got away from us at the end but by that point penalties had killed us and we had stopped skating. Puck just didn't want to bounce our way tonight. At times deflections off skates went right to the Tampa player and we seemed to have a lot of trouble accepting passes (funny bounces when it hit the blade).

No, Boucher was not stellar. With him it boils down to body position and I recall one goal when St. Louis came down the left side where he was two inches to far over. What could have been a routine save now became a fantastic shot by St. Louis. Yes, it was a bad line change but Boucher just doesn't perform this goaltending style to the same level of a Burke. That is to be expected but at some point he needs to have a eureka effect and pull things off. He's not 6'4" but he has the size.

Actually, I thought Mara was more noticable tonight. Ference had a couple of "what the hell was that" shifts. Tanabe wasn't allowed to roam like in previous games. Tampa's team speed kept him in check.

Cleary did not impress me. Nazarov didn't do half bad along the boards although I missed his hugging contest.

I don't think we got embarassed tonight; which is what I think I was expecting. I feel bad for Boucher because this keeps happening to him but I saw some saves and quickness from him that indicates he may be capable of becoming a legitimate number one goalie in this league.

Old
10-16-2003, 07:22 PM
_Del_

First two goals -- not Boucher's fault. Top corner for each of them, not much you can do about shots like that. Third goal was week and was a back breaker. From that point on noone showed any real hussle. They mailed it in. I don't know whether that's lack of confidence in Boucher or themselves, but it was pathetic. They played well for a stretch, but only after they fell behind early. Then they went down by two and between the speed of Tampa and the lack of effort from Phoenix, they were never close to being in the game again.
Savage actually looked like he wanted to play today which was nice. Boucher looked good until the third goal, then he looked rattled -- the defense helped him little after that point too.
Penalty after penalty in the third -- which didn't help at all... Not that they were trying to win in the third before that point....

Very disappointed, and I'm reminded of last season with this game. What is the problem here? I was on the verge of Optimism, and they've shattered it....

Old
10-16-2003, 07:34 PM
flyrfan

Send a message via Yahoo to flyrfan
I'm getting so irratated that Boucher keeps having games like these, I don't get to watch the games so I don't know if the goals were his fault or the defense. And I can't really tell how he played with you Coyotes fans posts, some are saying he played well and others are saying he played bad. If the games he starts continue like this, I think he should be moved to another team.

Old
10-16-2003, 09:15 PM
CoyoteBaloney

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrfan
I'm getting so irratated that Boucher keeps having games like these, I don't get to watch the games so I don't know if the goals were his fault or the defense. And I can't really tell how he played with you Coyotes fans posts, some are saying he played well and others are saying he played bad. If the games he starts continue like this, I think he should be moved to another team.
1 goal was his fault.

Old
10-17-2003, 02:33 AM
Chris L

Send a message via ICQ to Chris L
Cleary : 11:24 ice time, 4 PIMs, -3, 0 shot. Terrible for a first game.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris L
Cleary : 11:24 ice time, 4 PIMs, -3, 0 shot. Terrible for a first game.
He didn't play as bad as those stats indicate. He took a stick to the chin (no call), those penalties happened after the game was a lost cause. Had a very nice pass behind the net to Hrdina who missed an open net on the backhand.

I would have preferred to see Cleary take Nagy's spot & put Nash with Nazarov & whoever... Nash killed that line's offensive ability.

Closed Thread