HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - Minnesota

Old
06-09-2011, 04:10 PM
dm1371

vCash: 500
Montreal - Minnesota

To Montreal
10th overall

To Minnesota
Yannick Weber
17th overall pick

I know another proposal with Yannick Weber but i don't think that he's necessary to the Habs now because he wouldn't get enough space behind Subban, Markov etc..

dm1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Edge of Sanity*

What a horrible deal for Minnesota

Edge of Sanity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:14 PM
dm1371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge of Sanity View Post
What a horrible deal for Minnesota
Well, actually Weber is pretty solid. I think that if he gets the time, the space PP ice time etc.. he can be a very good PMD.

Old
06-09-2011, 04:22 PM
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm1371 View Post
Well, actually Weber is pretty solid. I think that if he gets the time, the space PP ice time etc.. he can be a very good PMD.
Why are all the Habs fans offering him in numerous deals then? Especially when you consider how old and slow the defense corps of Montreal is.

NoTouchIcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:23 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
Why are all the Habs fans offering him in numerous deals then? Especially when you consider how old and slow the defense corps of Montreal is.
was.

We toss him around in all trade options because we have enough offensive minded D.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:26 PM
dm1371

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
was.

We toss him around in all trade options because we have enough offensive minded D.
This.

Old
06-09-2011, 04:28 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Horrible deal for Minnesota.

Weber is not enough to move up 7 spots, esepcially not into the top 10.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Horrible deal for Minnesota.

Weber is not enough to move up 7 spots, esepcially not into the top 10.
Agreed.

Weber may be solid, but he's not enough for Minnesota to consider moving back 7 spots in the first round.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:34 PM
habsrule22

Is there a big difference in player that you would get at 10 rather than at 17.

habsrule22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
Is there a big difference in player that you would get at 10 rather than at 17.
This would really depend on the player that ends up available at 10 and who the Wild have on their draft board. I'm not saying this trade would never happen, but I don''t see enough right now for the Wild to bite.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:55 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

If the Wild were to drop back, and they may, I'm fairly sure they'd be much more interested in draft picks. Namely a 2nd round pick.

Weber just doesn't cut it for the Wild. His developmental time is nearing the end in the minors and he he needs to show viability on a NHL club. For the Wild in particular, he doesn't/won't distinguish himself over any of the other defenseman the Wild have at the same point in their careers. The Wild very well could drop back. But if they're dropping back that far, a prospect like Weber isn't going to cut it. They'd much prefer draft picks where they would have their choice of the type of player they're targeting and longer team control.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
minnesota is getting fleeced here

Pavelec4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:10 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
This might be fair if the Habs were trying to get into the top-20 with a late 1st, not into the top-10 with a mid-first in a top-heavy draft.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:39 PM
forthewild

don't see the Wild making this type of a move, they would need more from MTL and Dman is not our top priority we have plenty at the moment what we need is either more picks or we need offensive players.

Also at 10 you could be looking at a guy like Zibenejad available who i think Wild would want, there is always a chance someone slips to 10, the value of the pick would then fully depend on who is available and what teams would be willing to give up. To go from 17th to 10th MTL would either need to add a quality offensive prospect with good top 6 upside or picks, like 2nd 3rd and maybe more.

now if you want to talk PMB we'd be more then happy to listen you could finally have that French-Canadian star (and people 12g26a 36 pts in 52 games on MINNESOTA isn't bad when you consider he mised 1.5 years and has a cap hit of 4 mil

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:57 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
Because he's one of the only assets we have worth anything aside from picks that we're willing to give up.

Obviously that doesn't mean we should be moving from 17th to 10th in this deal but just saying he's actually a good player, he's underrated on the forums because nobody knows him. He's actually only improved defensively since being called up and that's his area of weakness. The offense will come as we've already seen it. He has a wicked shot and with Subban/Markov/UFA signing/Emelin plus the signing of Diaz, he's become expendable but that certainly is no reflection of his skill level, it's a reflection of him being an asset worth something that could help a team looking for a PMD with a booming shot who is young. An asset that has potentially become expendable to our team no less.

Why do people have to assume the negative just cause the guys tossed around often by habs fans? Would you prefer I make Spacek or Pyatt proposals? Those players are of very little or no value to any team in the NHL. Just because you haven't seen enough of Weber to know how good he is doesn't mean he isn't good and that you should just assume.

He's an NHL caliber defenseman bottom pairing who is developing and could help the Minny PP with some ice time. I just don't see why you wouldn't at least talk deal, not saying accept the offer but definitely expandable imo. He could likely put up 20-30pts as early as this season but a lot of people see him projecting into a 30-40pt PMD who can possibly be a #4-5. That isn't bad at all and he's a cheap RFA. Value for your dollar.

1g 10a in 41g and a +0, that means in his first season he likely could have put up 20pts had he been given the chance and some ice time. And on top of that he got most of those pts in the later part of the year meaning he's started to progress nicely. In the playoffs he was limited to three games and notched 2g. One of them I remember being a real beauty.

He isn't just some chump, I'm not saying he's the next Orr but he could potentially pan out to be a 40pt PMD. Personally I wouldn't mind keeping him but if we can get an asset we could use instead I'm interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Agreed.

Weber may be solid, but he's not enough for Minnesota to consider moving back 7 spots in the first round.
Agreed but I'd say it is a starting point. Your GM asks for an extra pick thrown on top to sweeten the pot maybe. That or maybe another prospect of ours.

Do you guys by any chance have a salary dump or two you'd be willing to trade for Spacek?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
This would really depend on the player that ends up available at 10 and who the Wild have on their draft board. I'm not saying this trade would never happen, but I don''t see enough right now for the Wild to bite.
I guess we'd be assuming it's draft day Minny's pick and the guys they want are all taken. (That or the next guy they want on the list can be had with the Montreal 1st etc)

So they in essence get to pick the same player they would have with the 10th but with 17th (if that's even possible) and then get an upgrade + another pick/whatever for their troubles. Seven places is a lot though, I'd have to imagine in that case the person left on their radar would hover around 17-20 overall. When there could likely still be plenty of good players from 10-17 it isn't likely but I don't know 100% what Minny's needs/wants are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
don't see the Wild making this type of a move, they would need more from MTL and Dman is not our top priority we have plenty at the moment what we need is either more picks or we need offensive players.

Also at 10 you could be looking at a guy like Zibenejad available who i think Wild would want, there is always a chance someone slips to 10, the value of the pick would then fully depend on who is available and what teams would be willing to give up. To go from 17th to 10th MTL would either need to add a quality offensive prospect with good top 6 upside or picks, like 2nd 3rd and maybe more.

now if you want to talk PMB we'd be more then happy to listen you could finally have that French-Canadian star (and people 12g26a 36 pts in 52 games on MINNESOTA isn't bad when you consider he mised 1.5 years and has a cap hit of 4 mil
I'd actually be willing to take the risk maybe if Spacek were going back the other way.

Honestly what about Kristo, any of you guys like him? I know I do. Would it take Leblanc you think then?

Last edited by neofury*: 06-09-2011 at 06:12 PM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:02 PM
forthewild

What would MTL fans be willing to offer for Pierre-Marc Bouchard

would something like

Webber and an offensive prospect be enough what do you think of Eller or Palushaj , what are they worth to you guys?

Old
06-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Dartmouth Big Green

With the draft in Minnesota, I would expect the Wild to try and trade up rather than drop 7 spots.

Dartmouth Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:15 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmouth Big Green View Post
With the draft in Minnesota, I would expect the Wild to try and trade up rather than drop 7 spots.
I don't, trading up in a top heavy draft requires assets, we don't have our 2nd, and we can't afford to trade away our prospects, trading down tho maybe not that low gets up either more picks or more prospects both which we need, i see trading down and picking Lucia or Ambroz in 2nd to satisfy MN homer fans more likely.

Old
06-09-2011, 06:17 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
What would MTL fans be willing to offer for Pierre-Marc Bouchard

would something like

Webber and an offensive prospect be enough what do you think of Eller or Palushaj , what are they worth to you guys?
Not sure on Bouchard's situation entirely to be the truth. I wouldn't be able to make a legit decision as a result. Assuming he's healthy but and injury risk I think I'd maybe consider it. Depends on what the deal is though. If you guys want him gone and we're taking him, maybe we could use that as a bargaining chip for that pick.

As I said though I don't know the situation really but what do you guys think of 1 year of Jaro Spacek

I'd say Eller is worth a lot to us. I'd say given the right deal Palushaj could be moved. I see Palushaj projecting as more of a 3rd liner/possible AHLer. He's good but I haven't seen enough good things yet to project him any better than that.

Eller there's a big possibility this kid could be the real deal. I have my doubts they would trade him. He has all the tools and just needs some time in a stable offensive environment imo.

Kristo/Leblanc both likely have better upside than Palushaj but are further away.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Dharvey33

To up 7 positions in the draft it sometimes cost not so much or a grear deal depending if the team could not get the player they wanted.

Sometimes a team want a certain player they know he won't be Taking soon because he is far in the mock draft.

When the Isl drafted Calvin de Haan after Tavares i think if someone wanted to switch their pick let's say 6-7 positions i think the Isl would have listened and it would not have cost a great deal.

This because De haan was predicted to be a late 1st rounder at best or even a second rounder.

So i assume if the Wild let's say are high on Zibanadjad ( not sure of the spelling) and he gets take like on the 9 spot they will maybe more inclined to let their Draft pick go if the player they want is predicted to be farther.

Maybe not a the beginning of the draft but it could be possible to have the pick two rounds before at the right price if the Wild don't get the player they want.

In this case Weber plus the 17th would do deal IMO if not it would cost more Kristo 1st and 3rd would do the deal.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:27 PM
forthewild

while some Wild fans may not like Butch he's not a "we need him gone" he is 4.25 mil a year for a guy who can get you with a decent finisher 20-25g 50A which isn't bad.

I'm using him because
1: we need finishers and he's a playmaker
2: he's a french canadian player who might be liked by fans

Old
06-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Marvelous Manked
Director of Glitter

vCash: 50
Adding Weber does not move you up from 17 to 10. It probably moves you up from 17 to 14.

Marvelous Manked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 300
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Err... no thanks to all offers in this thread.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 12:51 AM
MK9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
was.

We're fairly well stocked on D.

Thanks but, no thanks.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:06 AM
broc

Why do Habs fans think Weber is soooo desirable?

He is undersized, and really hasn't proven himself as a consistent NHLer at this point. He has flashes- just like lots of prospects. Doesn't mean he'll be a fulltime NHLer. Maybe he's the next MA Bergeron? Or Kris Russell ?

He hasn't proven near enough for all these proposals MTL fans put forth that usually have bank coming back to MTL in return.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote