HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Anisimov

Old
06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
The only way it makes sense to trade Anisimov is if its for a legitimate elite #1 center.

Otherwise, no thanks.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:48 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
I wouldn't mind trading up if the target is indeed Landeskog. Kid is unbelievable.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:54 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
I wouldn't mind trading up if the target is indeed Landeskog. Kid is unbelievable.
Landeskog
Zibanejad
Strome
McNeill
Scheifele

Any of them would be worth trading up for, but not for Anisimov.

Id trade Anisimov if I were to get someone of Lecavalier's caliber in return.

But what are the odds of that happening.

Old
06-09-2011, 04:55 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claxton View Post
Could be for the 7th overall pick. Gives the Rangers a crack at either Zibanejad, Strome, Hamilton, Murphy, maybe Couturier or a surprise faller.
I could see Anisimov+#15 getting that done. Good 2-way, 44 point, 22 year old sophomore centers aren't exactly common around the league. Anisimov should have a lot of value at this point, so in the right package the #1 should be a real scenario. Edmonton isn't exactly setting the world on fire with their defensive core+prospects either and the Rangers have more than they can handle.
Yet we should trade him. Brilliant.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:58 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

We won't need to trade up for McNeill or Schiefele and I know how big your man crush is on them

06-09-2011, 05:02 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Rebecca Black View Post
We won't need to trade up for McNeill or Schiefele and I know how big your man crush is on them
I have a bigger man crush on Zibanejad then anyone else in the first round.

But I hope you're right that McNeill or Scheifele will be available if Zibanejad isn't.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:07 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Landeskog
Zibanejad
Strome
McNeill
Scheifele

Any of them would be worth trading up for, but not for Anisimov.

Id trade Anisimov if I were to get someone of Lecavalier's caliber in return.

But what are the odds of that happening.
Not saying I would make the trade but it certainly would be something to think about.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:08 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Something tells me if Loffen made an Anisimov youtube vid of Artie's highlights & some kick@ss metal tunes 99% of the NYR HFboards would grant him untouchable Sainthood.

x BEUKEBOOM x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:09 PM
jniklast

So we aren't getting Richards and Drury is bought out, and as a consequence we trade away one of our centers in Anisimov? Don't see it happening unless a center is coming back. Even if it were for the 1st overall (which I don't see happening) is RNH even NHL ready? So who is gonna play center for us next season?

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Claxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Yet we should trade him. Brilliant.
It was mainly pointing out Anisimov is severely underrated by fans around the league and a great piece to acquire that next tier of talent, not necessarily to advocate trading him.

Claxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCollarBlueBlood View Post
Something tells me if Loffen made an Anisimov youtube vid of Artie's highlights & some kick@ss metal tunes 99% of the NYR HFboards would grant him untouchable Sainthood.
1. I love Loffen's work

2. Anisimov is very, very replaceable. I would trade him.

Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:33 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

He's not untouchable, but he would have to be part of a VERY important trade in order to let him go.

Big fan of the 4-2 kid.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Rumors/1/36293

Apparently the rangers are looking to possibly trade Anisimov to the Jets/Oilers.. I know its Eklund so take it with a grain of salt. But with Brooks stating that brad Richards does NOT want to sign with us.. Could we be making a push for the #1 pick overall?

Anisimov, Girardi, 15th overall

for

1st overall ?
Since when does Richards NOT want to sign with us? Had he said "I am not signing with the Rangers."? He never said he won't sign with us, if that's what you take from him not wanting to waive his NTC, then...

He just wants max pay day and bidding war, he never stated he didn't want to play here

06-10-2011, 08:09 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Since when does Richards NOT want to sign with us? Had he said "I am not signing with the Rangers."? He never said he won't sign with us, if that's what you take from him not wanting to waive his NTC, then...

He just wants max pay day and bidding war, he never stated he didn't want to play here
He can't say "I don't want to play for the Ranger." Even if he has no intention to sign here, he has to maintain the idea that the Rangers are player if only for leverage with other teams.

06-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:

Again idk if your questioning me or Brooks but im only quoting what was said by others. It is not my opinion. I think Brooks is full of **** right now and just speculating to create buzz for himself. But we will see what happens.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Again idk if your questioning me or Brooks but im only quoting what was said by others. It is not my opinion. I think Brooks is full of **** right now and just speculating to create buzz for himself. But we will see what happens.
I haven't heard Brooks say "Richards doesn't want to play for the Rangers". All I've heard is Richards won't waive his NTC for any team, let alone the Rangers. If you did see Brooks say that, please provide me with a quote. Not attacking you, but I don't recall any quotes saying he doesn't want to play here.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:12 AM
CM PUNK

Quote:
I haven't heard Brooks say "Richards doesn't want to play for the Rangers". All I've heard is Richards won't waive his NTC for any team, let alone the Rangers. If you did see Brooks say that, please provide me with a quote. Not attacking you, but I don't recall any quotes saying he doesn't want to play here.
he said it on twitter yesterday

Quote:
L_A_theRiver L.A. Lariviere
#Drury buyout: does this mean #Rangers are front-runners to land one Brad Richards come July 1... if not before? #nhl
3 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks @
@L_A_theRiver No. Richards is not coming to NY.

L_A_theRiver L.A. Lariviere @
@NYP_Brooksie then it will be interesting to see whom they will go after. Why wouldn't Richards be part of Sather's / Torts' plans, though?

NYP_Brooksie Larry Brooks @
@L_A_theRiver He was but it doesn't seem as if interest was mutual.

jambodelta99 Jimbo @
@NYP_Brooksie brooksie, are you saying that Richards has no interest in being a Ranger?
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@NYP_Brooksie
Larry Brooks
@jambodelta99 It sounds as if it's not his first choice.
2 hours ago via web

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
Ok thanks. That's proof he said it, but last time I checked, Brooks isn't Brad Richards (unless Richards hacked Brooks' Twitter) so until we hear it from the mouth of Richards which we won't, it's all a crap shoot. July 1st is when we will see where he wants to go. I don't buy anything Brooks says

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:23 AM
Levitate

I don't think Brooks has any sources at all with Brad Richards so this sounds a lot more like "Richards won't waive his NTC for the Rangers and he did some interview with a Tampa paper so waaaaaah"

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:33 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I don't think Brooks has any sources at all with Brad Richards so this sounds a lot more like "Richards won't waive his NTC for the Rangers and he did some interview with a Tampa paper so waaaaaah"
Personally, I think it was pretty irresponsible of Brooks to post that. If he has a source, at least mention that (ie. spoke to someone close to Richards, or whatever). If he doesn't have a source, then he should say that it's just his opinion based on whatever.

But to only post what he did without further context, knowing how many fans are hanging on every bit of news, is wrong IMO.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:45 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Brooks doesn't know squat about where Richards wants to go. He should stop it.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Ih8theislanders

It seems pretty clear Tampa is his first choice...Tampa would also be wise to spend their money (on a limited budget) to improve their D/Goaltending. Unless Richards wants to get 4mil per, I can't see him signing in Tampa.

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:07 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Personally, I think it was pretty irresponsible of Brooks to post that. If he has a source, at least mention that (ie. spoke to someone close to Richards, or whatever). If he doesn't have a source, then he should say that it's just his opinion based on whatever.

But to only post what he did without further context, knowing how many fans are hanging on every bit of news, is wrong IMO.
That's my biggest pet peeve with Brooks. He constantly passes off his opinion as fact. I think he's looking for attention and trying to stir the pot again.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:33 AM
OleOleOleOleBureBure

trying to get larsson at draft

here is my take on this. i do believe that artie is on the market which is a clear sign that Richards is coming. i dont think Slats wants to trade artie but with richards as 1c and stepan as 2c, artie is expandable. now nobody is saying to give this kid away, he will be a very decent nhl player even coming close to point per game during his peak year or two. artie never played on the wing and management probably thinks its not a good idea to play him there. i like him a lot but i do agree that playing him on 3c would be a waste.

In my opinion, Slats is very much in the know with what is going on inside the Oilers organization. He probably will know who they want to take at the 1st slot. point here is that we might not need the make a trade for the 1st overall pick but maybe 2nd or 3rd. i would consider trading Artie, our first this year and first next year for the right to take Larson. price is steep, i agree. maybe a 2nd comes back next year or this year. larson looks like an elite player, and we most probably wont be able to draft such caliber player at 15 this year and most probably with our pick next year.

OleOleOleOleBureBure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:33 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
Nowhere in there does it say Richards doesn't want to be a Ranger.

It can't even fathom why I would need to quote something so short and easy to read but it says: "it sounds as if its not his first choice".

Which isn't even definitive in itself, its speculation.

It sounds as if. Is much different then: it isn't.

And besides that, it says "first choice" it doesn't even say he doesn't want to.

Jesus, THIS is what got everyone riled up?

Brooks is a hack, why do people continue to listen/read him?

Even THN replaced him as Rangers corespondent.