HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton - Toronto

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2011, 10:38 PM
nick942

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
No, not a chance from Edmonton.

I don't get how Leafs fans think this is terrible for them.

1st = Schenn, 28th, 85th
19th and Marincin >>>>>> Kadri

I don't get it..
How is a pick late in the first and a prospect who isn't even in the NHL better than a 20 year old forward who went ppg in the AHL and around 0.44 ppg in the NHL (in his first 29 games).

Kadri >> Marancin + 19th

Old
06-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
How can you gurantee me that?
OK we'll give you Colin Fraser for Boston's first. Since you can't guarantee that 30th overall will ever play in the NHL

Old
06-08-2011, 11:25 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick942 View Post
I don't disagree with that, he definitely has good potential, but at this point Schenn helps the Leafs more and is a safer bet.
Oh definitely. Just Most people don't realize how good he could turn out to be and usually underrate him. But I'd certainly rather Schenn.

And to greasygrinder, Kadri isn't a bust. He's like Gagner in that he's underwhelmed a bit but is due to turn the corner any time. Certainly not worth being labeled a bust yet

Old
06-08-2011, 11:28 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post

Marincin is a 6'5 puckmoving defenseman who plays with an edge. He had 56 points in his first year over in NA. I'd be hesitant to deal him alone for Kadri, and don't take that as me overvaluing Marincin at all. He's the real deal.
im saving this post...its going to be gold in 2 years!

Old
06-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Lottery Oilers*
Nuge is Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
And to greasygrinder, Kadri isn't a bust. He's like Gagner in that he's underwhelmed a bit but is due to turn the corner any time. Certainly not worth being labeled a bust yet
Gagner had better numbers in junior, was a higher draft pick, and has accomplished much more in the NHL and I think Gagner is a tweener as well.

If your not a beast offensively, you better be a two-way player. If you're neither, I don't want you. Simple as that.

Both players would fold in the playoffs against a club like Boston or Vancouver.

Old
06-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Live from Rexall

Edmonton has zero interest in Kadri as he would just be Gagner 2.0 and would we swap 1st overall for Schenn when we can draft Larsson with that pick who has more offensive upside. I am not saying Kadri is a bad player i just think his skills are of the exact same set that we have with Gagner and Gagner is a good couple years ahead of him in development. There is something about Kadri as well that i dont like his attitude just rubs me.

As Tambo said this year and last year if a team wants that 1st overall its going to have to make the Oilers substancially better than they are right now. Which means a massive overpayment.

To me all of these trades make no sence Colburn or Kadri when we can have RNH. Get Schenn when we could possible have Marincin and Oleksiak or Klefbom. 29 is a maybe player and 85 is a crapshoot player.

Old
06-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafssss View Post
How can you gurantee me that?
You may have heard of google. Search up first overall picks back say 10 years. Minus Erik Johnson they are all studs, its pretty hard to screw it up

Old
06-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post

Schenn is the best player in this deal and its not even close.

Kadri is still very young and showed strides towards being able to handle himself physically, which is the only reason he played on the wall and not at center. The plan is for him to eventually play center maybe a year or two down the road.

Honestly, Kadri>RNH until RNH proves he can do anything.
Im so happy a leaf fan posted the link to this thread in the other first overall pick thread. This post is worth the laughs.

I'll trade you Horcoff for Kadri until Kadri proves he can get as many points as Horcoff. See how the logic used is so bad a 5 year old would know better.

Thats why they are called prospects and not players, thats why its called the draft and not free agency. Jim Vandermeer has proved more then Larsson but I wont trade the pick for him

Old
06-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nophun View Post
Point a game at the AHL level ?
Something you will be praying your 1st overall can do in his first N.A pro year. ..

Seriously ...

You think you are getting another Hall who is going to step in to the NHL or even the AHL and be a lock to not struggle you are kidding yourself.

And the Oilers would kill for Schenn gtfo with that BS
Lol at bragging about Kadri doing good in the AHL. I'll trade you Omark, he tears up the AHL as well but has NHL experience so according to leaf posters in this thread players > prospects

Omark for Kadri but Leafs have to add

Old
06-09-2011, 03:34 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Oh and Kadri will put up more points then Eberle this year while helping his team into the playoff. Remember the name.

Now that's funny. Call me when Kadri breaks 43 points let alone besting what Eberle is going to put up next year.

Old
06-09-2011, 04:48 PM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
Lol at bragging about Kadri doing good in the AHL. I'll trade you Omark, he tears up the AHL as well but has NHL experience so according to leaf posters in this thread players > prospects

What are you talking about ? What I was saying doing well in the AHL means the player (Kadri) is farther along then anyone you pick in this years draft.

Kadri played less games then Omark in the NHL but was pretty much exactly as productive

.. oh yeah and Kadri is 3 years(?) younger then Omark with a much higher ceiling ..
Omark is 24 .. he better produce at the AHL level or he is going to have a real rough time in the NHL as top 6, no ?

Seriously you guys wonder why I said Kadri will out produce your golden boy Eberle.

Ya Leafs will Give you Kadri and '12 1st for for Omark.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:02 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
How about:

Colborne + Aulie + 25th Pick

For

1st overall.
How bout worse than the OP...Toronto does not have enough to even start to make edmonton think about trading the first overall, Schenn is a start but i want nothing to do with Kadri, can we say Brad Boyes V 2.0

Old
06-09-2011, 05:05 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
What are you talking about ? What I was saying doing well in the AHL means the player (Kadri) is farther along then anyone you pick in this years draft.

Kadri played less games then Omark in the NHL but was pretty much exactly as productive

.. oh yeah and Kadri is 3 years(?) younger then Omark with a much higher ceiling ..
Omark is 24 .. he better produce at the AHL level or he is going to have a real rough time in the NHL as top 6, no ?

Seriously you guys wonder why I said Kadri will out produce your golden boy Eberle.

Kadri wont out produce Eberle, as for Omark produceing in the AHL you mean like the 31 points he put up in 28 games before he got called up do to injury, he also looked better than Kadri at the NHL level last year

Last edited by My name is Legion: 06-09-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old
06-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:

Are you just acting dumb or just completely missed the guys point? He used Omark as an example,didnt compare him to Kadri. I can bet you anything that Kadri doesnt outscore Eberle. The only reason leafs fans say Player>prospect is because they dont have many prospects. The best thing was about to happen to your organization but you ended up trading that first, second and this years first for freakin Kessel. You know what the funny thing is, Kadri wouldnt even be in our top 6. Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, RNH, Hemsky and Gagner are all better

Old
06-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Parise09*

LOL Oilers say HELL NO.

1st Overall >>>>>>>>>>Schenn
19th Overall>>>>>>>>>>29th Overall
Marincin>>Kadri + garbage picks

Old
06-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
Are you just acting dumb or just completely missed the guys point? He used Omark as an example,didnt compare him to Kadri. I can bet you anything that Kadri doesnt outscore Eberle. The only reason leafs fans say Player>prospect is because they dont have many prospects. The best thing was about to happen to your organization but you ended up trading that first, second and this years first for freakin Kessel. You know what the funny thing is, Kadri wouldnt even be in our top 6. Hall, Eberle, Paajarvi, RNH, Hemsky and Gagner are all better
No prospects? Funny how HF has us ranked higher than your precious Oilers and your prospects.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise09 View Post
LOL Oilers say HELL NO.

1st Overall >>>>>>>>>>Schenn
19th Overall>>>>>>>>>>29th Overall
Marincin>>Kadri + garbage picks
You lost credibility with the last line proposal does not have a flying chance. But Kadri is > Marincin now and most likley later homer view does not make it fact.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:30 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:

You make no sense I hope you know that right? There is 0 indication that Kadri will out score Eberle next year, or ever.

And btw, Omark was scoring at a 0.53 ppg vs Kadri's 0.41 and Omark was in a lesser role(he was getting like 13 minutes per game)

Old
06-09-2011, 05:35 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
No prospects? Funny how HF has us ranked higher than your precious Oilers and your prospects.
The Leafs are ranked one spot ahead of the Oilers , even with all our major prospects already in the NHL the Leafs still barley edge us out.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:44 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

Quote:
Because all our elite prospects are no longer considered prospects for HF. So yes, it is funny how all your best prospects only puts you one better than all our secondary guys

Old
06-09-2011, 05:46 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchupinPiestany View Post
The Leafs are ranked one spot ahead of the Oilers , even with all our major prospects already in the NHL the Leafs still barley edge us out.
Not my point. He said we had no prospects. I was pointing out that yes, we in fact do have some good prospects in the system.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:51 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Not my point. He said we had no prospects. I was pointing out that yes, we in fact do have some good prospects in the system.
You actually said that the Leafs are ranked higher than the Oilers and there precious prospects, meaning you think the leafs have a better pool of prospects, I was just saying that all are top end prospects are no longer considered prospects due to the fact they are in the NHL and the leafs still have about the same talent pool as the oilers prospect wise.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:52 PM
FireEverybody*

Quote:
Kadri wont out produce Eberle, as for Omark produceing in the AHL you mean like the 31 points he put up in 28 games before he got called up do to injury, he also looked better than Kadri at the NHL level last year
Yeah the 24 year old out SLIGHTLY outproduced our best prospect who is only 20.
.. Omark was not significantly better in the AHL or NHL.

Are you seriously trying to argue Omark over Kadri ?
Really ? No where has Omark looked better then a younger Kadri.

Get over it . I am sure with in your next 5 first overalls you will draft a few players better then Kadri ... Good for you and good luck with that.

@ PunchupinPiestany
Obviously I was joshing a bit with the Eberle thing. I would be delighted if Kadri has a season anything that resembles Eberle last year .

@Mehta & the rest.
Yeah it pissed you off when I lowered Eberles value, no ?
Now go back are read what your fellow Oiler fans think of our top young players.

Omark/Kadri
I should have just ignored because it is just another Kadri, Luke, Colborne, Gardiner, and Aulie are crap bs.

Coming from the Oiler makes it better seeing you would love all those player.. they all fit your needs.

But they are all busts ...
And you are bound to build a D core and draft a center or two in the next few years. ...

Kadi is a bust/crap/spare parts but Omark who is older and has done nothing more then him is ... ? Is what Oiler fans ?

Ya, You had the Eberle comment comming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehta View Post
Are you just acting dumb or just completely missed the guys point? He used Omark as an example,didnt compare him to Kadri.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post

Yes I am the one acting dumb.

Last edited by FireEverybody*: 06-09-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old
06-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
You actually said that the Leafs are ranked higher than the Oilers and there precious prospects, meaning you think the leafs have a better pool of prospects, I was just saying that all are top end prospects are no longer considered prospects due to the fact they are in the NHL and the leafs still have about the same talent pool as the oilers prospect wise.
Yeah, your best young players are in the NHL. Ours are as well. But you don't see me throwing Schenn or Kulemin into the mix when comparing prospects to other teams.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:59 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Get over it . I am sure with in your next 5 first overalls you will draft a few players better then Kadri ... Good for you and good luck with that.
We dont need another 5 first overall picks we allready have 4 guys playing in the NHL that are way above Kadri and around the same age, and i'll be a little more impressed with Kadri when he actually makes and sticks with the big club for the whole season.

Closed Thread