HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs re-sign Andrei Kostitsyn 1 year/3.25M

Old
06-09-2011, 05:25 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
3.25 is okay
would have liked to have seen less

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
3.25 is okay
would have liked to have seen less
They could offer him less, qualifying offer was his 10-11 salary.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:27 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
I hopt PG is planning on getting rid of Gomez because we'll likely have the same pathetic group of forwards and no new, much needed, acquisitions.
much needed?

Come on now, they finished 6th in the east without Markov and Gorges, plus they were 1 goal away from beating a SCF team.

This team doesn't really need that much any acquisitions. Maybe one top6 and that's about it.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:30 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Am i the only one hoping AK doesn't break out now? If he does, his salary demands increase and we're not sure if its a 1 year thing or a career change.

Is it bad if I say I just want the guy to be physically consistent and be a 25-25 guy and be dangerous so he can collect his 15 mil for 4 years deal after. Then, he can break out?
He's never going to break out. What you see is what you get. 20-25 goals, 45-55 pts,streaky and slumps. He's laid a total egg his last two playoffs. The contract is right in $$ and length imo.

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
He's never going to break out. What you see is what you get. 20-25 goals, 45-55 pts,streaky and slumps. He's laid a total egg his last two playoffs. The contract is right in $$ and length imo.
???

AKost Laying eggs in the playoffs? He was actually one of our better forwards this year... He first off, was one of our most physical (2nd on team in hits w/ 20... Behind Ryan White, he also had 15 shots in 6 games, and 2 goals... Oh.. He also was one of a few players who posted an even stat in the playoffs (only one of few on the team).

As far as 09-10... 19 gp, 3G5A8Pts... not bad, esp in an injury plagued season, w/ less minutes played per game.

I fail to see your egg in the stats, as well as watching his game play as one of my favourite Canadiens.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:51 PM
jlgib21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
???

AKost Laying eggs in the playoffs? He was actually one of our better forwards this year... He first off, was one of our most physical (2nd on team in hits w/ 20... Behind Ryan White, he also had 15 shots in 6 games, and 2 goals... Oh.. He also was one of a few players who posted an even stat in the playoffs (only one of few on the team).

As far as 09-10... 19 gp, 3G5A8Pts... not bad, esp in an injury plagued season, w/ less minutes played per game.

I fail to see your egg in the stats, as well as watching his game play as one of my favourite Canadiens.
He had 2 g 0 a 2 pts in 7 games series. He was awful imo.And lazy on at least 1 ot gwg In 09-10 he got 3 goals in game 2,none in the last 17 games.You think that's GOOD ?????????

jlgib21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:54 PM
FlyingRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgib21 View Post
He had 2 g 0 a 2 pts in 7 games series. He was awful imo.And lazy on at least 1 ot gwg In 09-10 he got 3 goals in game 2,none in the last 17 games.You think that's GOOD ?????????
He missed most of game 1 and all of game 2 of that series because he blocked a Chara slapshot.

FlyingRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:55 PM
guest1467

The expectations on players with this fan base is woefully unfair.

The guy is a good second line winger. Puts up something around 25/25 for 3.25, that's good value. The best thing about him is he brings some dynamic qualities to the forward corps. He has good speed, a powerful stride, under rated passing abilities and lays out the body the best out of our forwards. He also brings some size to the table, while most of our other forwards don't.

He should shoot more, play at a higher level more often, and improve his puck tracking abilities. He can be frustrating at times, but which player isn't?

I am for one, very happy with him on the team in his role.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post

The guy is a good second line winger. Puts up something around 25/25 for 3.25, that's good value. The best thing about him is he brings some dynamic qualities to the forward corps. He has good speed, a powerful stride, under rated passing abilities and lays out the body the best out of our forwards. He also brings some size to the table, while most of our other forwards don't.

He should shoot more, play at a higher level more often, and improve his puck tracking abilities. He can be frustrating at times, but which player isn't?

Agreed, especially with the dynamic qualities part. What I really liked about his stats this season (though I try not to really on them too much) is that he lead the team in hits this season (140) and he was tied for the lead in game winning goals (6 with Gionta, though I see this as more of a team stat). He played a lot better without the puck this season so, at the end of the day, though his production plateau may not be as lofty as we once thought, his game is rounding out. He may prove to be that big, power forward we've been looking for.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:16 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

I know I've said it the past 3 years.... but I have a feeling AK is going to go nuts this year and score 35+ goals

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:17 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post

I agree that the problem is the delusion other people have about his potential.

We just need to face it, this is the type of player he is, 20-25 goals, 50 points, and that's exactly what $3.25 million gets you.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:23 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfk711 View Post
I know I've said it the past 3 years.... but I have a feeling AK is going to go nuts this year and score 35+ goals
Problem is I have about the same expectations regarding Andrei's offensive contribution but it seems it's been 3 years I've been hoping for this and it has yet to happen. I won't get fooled again and I'll lower my expectations. That being said, I'm his no1 fan when it comes to arguing about his level of talent and potential to be one of the best in the nhl. I'm not one of those who think he has no "hockey sense" or "hockey IQ".

If he keeps his level of confidence high through all the year, he can produce at least 70 pts, but we both know somehow it won't happen, because he'll either lose confidence, get injured in the middle of a hot streak or fall asleep on a 5-7 road games stretch.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:24 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
I agree. I think the 1 year signing was a really good idea, at a time when he has a team that will allow him to show his skills.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I agree that the problem is the delusion other people have about his potential.

We just need to face it, this is the type of player he is, 20-25 goals, 50 points, and that's exactly what $3.25 million gets you.
It's not even a matter of heart (or lack of) and lazyness in Kostitsyn's case. He needs steady linemates, confidence and he probably doesn't have the biggest hockey IQ. I hate when people use the ''lack of heart'' card, he's throwing his body around, blocking shots and showed that he cared (went to Martin by himself to talk). He's a product of the organization, can we please support him even if he's only a 45-50pts guy?

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:35 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
That's awfully cheap.
That's awfully fair.. FTFY

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:36 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
It's not even a matter of heart (or lack of) and lazyness in Kostitsyn's case. He needs steady linemates, confidence and he probably doesn't have the biggest hockey IQ. I hate when people use the ''lack of heart'' card, he's throwing his body around, blocking shots and showed that he cared (went to Martin by himself to talk). He's a product of the organization, can we please support him even if he's only a 45-50pts guy?
You can have high expectations and support a player at the same time, even if the level of potention is not reached. I won't throw rocks at him if he plays decently instead of fantastically.

Old
06-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
You can have high expectations and support a player at the same time, even if the level of potention is not reached. I won't throw rocks at him if he plays decently instead of fantastically.
Of course. I've always had high expectations for Kostitsyn and I wish he could produce more. I'm talking about people who are saying we should ship him for a bag of pucks if he doesn't score 30 goals+. Even at 45pts Kostitsyn is usefull and not easily replaceable.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
In an offensive system perhaps, but not with our current system imo.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:48 PM
MathMan

There were 7 35+ goal scorers this season.

If AKost hits that he's going to cost a heck of a lot more than 3.25 mil next year.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:51 PM
HeShootsHeScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
Of course. I've always had high expectations for Kostitsyn and I wish he could produce more. I'm talking about people who are saying we should ship him for a bag of pucks if he doesn't score 30 goals+. Even at 45pts Kostitsyn is usefull and not easily replaceable.
Then I totally agree

Old
06-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Bieber fever

wow what a steal by PG . A 25/25 player with only a little PP time....

I feel something BIG is coming. We have way to much cap space, something like 8M$ if the cap goes up. My guess is Igilna.

~Tony

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 07:58 PM
la25ecoupe

?? plek cammy
patches gomer gio
?? eller ak46
moen dd white

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

2M$ over his real value.

I would have let him go at this price. An other overpaid useless player on the laineup next year. Sad day.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:06 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
2M$ over his real value.

I would have let him go at this price. An other overpaid useless player on the laineup next year. Sad day.

Thanks. I needed that.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Habs

lol what a ripoff

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote