HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Catbird Refuge/Sanctuary

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2011, 10:04 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinOneel View Post
Does anyone ever tailgate at preds games?
when the weather wasn't terrible, our hockey team would do it in the lot behind bridgestone. but since they are doing construction, it is mostly having to pay 4-5 bucks a beer or sipping a 40 with a bum.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:07 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
LP field to Bridgestone is a bit of a hike, yeh?
I have no issues making the trek over the bridge to LP Field myself as it allows me time and exercise to sober up properly for the ride home and is a really nice view of downtown Nashville too!! The only time I don't park there is when its snowing/raining buckets or I bring the kids to a game (which is usually the pre-season because you don't necessarily care about the outcome when the kids get restless and it gets it out of the way for the season)!! Otherwise it saves me a few bucks and gets me 30 or so minutes of cardio exercise!!

Old
06-09-2011, 10:20 AM
KevFist
is best pony

We had pregame tailgates in The Gulch (this sunken flatlot next to Philips) that consisted mostly of a keg and street hockey. there was also pregaming at CNN Center with the $5 32ounce beers from Gorins.

It's going to be strange driving to an arena that's easy to get to...LOL

Old
06-09-2011, 10:22 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Oh...How is the walk from Bridgestone back up towards the Music Row area at night? My office is right there, and I'm thinking maybe I could just leave my car there.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:25 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm kinda hoping the ATL fans have some BBQ experts to help with a tailgate scene. Oildrum kind of BBQ not damn yankee grilling which sucks like a hoover.
Good bbq requires a number of hours to do properly!! Unfortunately tailgate grills IMO are best served at preparing sausages and burgers. However, I'm thinking about resurrecting my shredded beef bbq recipe that combines a touch of Texas and the south using a ketchup, vinegar, and coffee based sauce and served on white bread w/ pickle chips. Two hours in the Weber smoking, flipped 180 degrees-cover w/ foil and finished for two hours in the oven to retain moisture, make bbq sauce using pan drippings w/ all of the rub brought back into solution w/ the coffee/vinegar mix and thickened w/ ketchup! Yes... its easy to see how I got myself fat!!!

Old
06-09-2011, 10:29 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandypred View Post
Good bbq requires a number of hours to do properly!! Unfortunately tailgate grills IMO are best served at preparing sausages and burgers.
You could always make preparations before leaving the house.

A BBQ tailgate would be perfect.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:35 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Oh...How is the walk from Bridgestone back up towards the Music Row area at night? My office is right there, and I'm thinking maybe I could just leave my car there.
It's a bit of a haul; but there is also the Flying Saucer (http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/nashville/) next to Union Station that has $3 parking for patrons and a WIDE selection of beers pre and post game as well! Very short stumble to the arena!! Also there is the free Green Route on the Music City Circulator (http://www.nashvillemta.org/setpage....tycircuit.html) that would get you close to Music Circle. Worse comes to worse, My buddy and I work at Vandy and have half-season packages and park right off of Music row near 18th and Edgehill if you don't mind a couple of Blues and Red Wing turncoats that'll talk about the days of the Flying Cavallini Brothers in StL and the Red Wings before Yzerman... If you're cool one of us could get you back to your office after the game.

Old
06-09-2011, 10:38 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4aces View Post
You could always make preparations before leaving the house.

A BBQ tailgate would be perfect.
It also requires a bit of planning too! Perhaps we should start a thread about this? I'll talk to my seat mate and see how we should plan this because this has been a sort of vision we would love to see happen!

Old
06-09-2011, 10:40 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
While I certainly wouldnt want to rain on the parade of anyone who likes to tailgate and wants to do it, to me its kinda like camping(and I HATE camping).

I dont see the point in going to the trouble of bringing raw food and all the stuff necessary to cook it, sitting outdoors and then having to turn around and clean it all up before the game. I could understand if the BA was out in a remote location and there wasnt any good grub nearby, but in Nashville you can sit at a table, indoors in bad weather, or outdoors in good weather, and have very delicious food and all the beverages you can drink brough to you, and you have a place to go to the bathroom, and you dont have to clean it up and pack it all away before the game...

and you can do all this within as little as 100 feet from the arena...

Old
06-09-2011, 11:55 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
While I certainly wouldnt want to rain on the parade of anyone who likes to tailgate and wants to do it, to me its kinda like camping(and I HATE camping).

I dont see the point in going to the trouble of bringing raw food and all the stuff necessary to cook it, sitting outdoors and then having to turn around and clean it all up before the game. I could understand if the BA was out in a remote location and there wasnt any good grub nearby, but in Nashville you can sit at a table, indoors in bad weather, or outdoors in good weather, and have very delicious food and all the beverages you can drink brough to you, and you have a place to go to the bathroom, and you dont have to clean it up and pack it all away before the game...

Its because you can!!!

I like to go to Rippy's and lower Broadway pre-game too; but I also like to be able to save a couple of bucks and use the stuff I already have. Plus it gives me a reason to get out of the house a bit earlier and away from the wife and kids w/ a GOOD REASON rather than saying I want to frequent a bar!!!

Old
06-09-2011, 07:31 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

sorry I'm late! Had to sneak outta the house!!!

Thanks for setting up a new "nest" for us southern cousins, I want in on a game in Nashvegas! If this is going to be the thread for finalizing details, I'll keep checking in....

A couple of years ago, we came up for a preseason game and ate on the roof of a place across from the arena. It was pretty good. Don't have any idea of the name.

Thx. again

Old
06-09-2011, 07:34 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post

Thanks for setting up a new "nest" for us southern cousins, I want in on a game in Nashvegas! If this is going to be the thread for finalizing details, I'll keep checking in....

A couple of years ago, we came up for a preseason game and ate on the roof of a place across from the arena. It was pretty good. Don't have any idea of the name.

Thx. again

That was a Captain D's, and I'm pretty sure they didn't appreciate it....

Old
06-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post

Thx. again

That's Rippy's BBQ. That place is always jumping prior to games, but seems to always be full of opposing fans IMO...

Old
06-09-2011, 08:06 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Capt. D's!

Old
06-09-2011, 08:39 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

I bet you're real fun at parties...

I love tailgating. I miss tailgating. Granted back in Idaho we didn't have any professional teams, but BSU football game tailgating rocked.

Old
06-09-2011, 08:47 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Can't wait to make my way up there for games next year. I really hoping Sports South shows Preds games down here.

Old
06-09-2011, 09:09 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Can't wait to make my way up there for games next year. I really hoping Sports South shows Preds games down here.
That would be awesome between episodes of "Under the Lights: ERic Staal" and "Under the Lights: Eric Staal."

Seriously though, I've heard that Fox Sports South plans to expand Preds coverage into the Birmingham and Atlanta markets

Old
06-09-2011, 09:19 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
That would be awesome between episodes of "Under the Lights: ERic Staal" and "Under the Lights: Eric Staal."

Seriously though, I've heard that Fox Sports South plans to expand Preds coverage into the Birmingham and Atlanta markets
Good point... I'm not sure they'd fulfill their goal of a Under the Lights: Eric Staal network.

I will try to reach someone at the network tomorrow to see if they have decided.

Old
06-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:

You could have watched Shea Weber pick up his dog's poop before the games like we did

Old
06-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
You could have watched Shea Weber pick up his dog's poop before the games like we did
Hey, that was a good one. The one where Anders selects a mattress at Not Ikea and Paul McCann goes out to make announcements to the (electric) fans at Home Depot are pretty good, too.

Old
06-10-2011, 01:51 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I would like to take a moment and welcome all of the new catbird fans as well.

It sucks what you are going through, and we can say that with a real idea of what it feels like. Hopefully you can settle in with us and join us permanently. The arena atmosphere is second to none and you will love getting in on the chants. Hit me up, I'm always down for a beer before the game.

Old
06-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
It is for me, but others walk it with no difficulties. There is a shuttle that runs between the field and...well, it used to park in front of the Country Music Hall of Fame that's cattycornered, but with construction I have no idea now. It costs $3 per person round trip. If it's just you, it's a steal over $10-15 parking. If there are 5 people it's pretty much a wash.

I'm not lazy, I'm big boned.
I used this last year when Mrs. Bee and I were down (Dec. 28 against Dallas). The highlight wasn't the game, but finding a kindred spirit on the shuttle back to join me in singing the monorail song from The Simpsons.

Old
06-10-2011, 02:30 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I used this last year when Mrs. Bee and I were down (Dec. 28 against Dallas). The highlight wasn't the game, but finding a kindred spirit on the shuttle back to join me in singing the monorail song from The Simpsons.
Were you sent here by the devil?

Old
06-10-2011, 08:20 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Just sent an email. I will post when I get a response.

Old
06-10-2011, 08:23 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Were you sent here by the devil?
No good man I'm on the level!

The ring broke off my pudding can...

Closed Thread