HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs development camp will be held June 5-9 in Brossard

Old
06-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
I heard Tinordi was terrible with the London Knights this season, so it's good news to hear that he is playing well and working hard at the development camp.
I watched a few of their games on TV. At times he looked like a man among boys in 1 on 1 battles and fought a fair bit. People forget that he is a bit of a project because of his size, so he won't dominate as much in junior as a 5'8" or 5'9" guy like Gallagher who is closer to physical and hand eye maturation.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
legs aren't anywhere near as big as I'd thought they'd be.
Isn'T it a picture from last year? Subban in the back, is he really still in Mtl training with the prospects?

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Which is excellent news imo. That means there is still work to be done and progress to be made. When he turns 21,22 years old and starts gaining mass he will become a force not to be wrecking with. I'm crossing my fingers for a mix between Hall Gill and Matt Carkner but a better skater.
That's about what I'm hoping for too. With better mobility substituting for poorer decision-making to some extent on the Gill side. (But then, Gill's decision-making improved rather significantly over his years in the NHL.) Maybe that's just a nastier Ryan O'Byrne, then. Still good.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:25 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Isn'T it a picture from last year? Subban in the back, is he really still in Mtl training with the prospects?
Nope it's from the current camp, Bournival is in the photo set and Leblanc too with his sling.

habsprospects is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:39 PM
overlords
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
That's the training facility, I figure all the players go there to work out in peace, veterans too.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:54 PM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's the training facility, I figure all the players go there to work out in peace, veterans too.
and Subban is actually in MTL area. He tweeted that he was at "Home away from home" this week.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
That's about what I'm hoping for too. With better mobility substituting for poorer decision-making to some extent on the Gill side. (But then, Gill's decision-making improved rather significantly over his years in the NHL.) Maybe that's just a nastier Ryan O'Byrne, then. Still good.
Hopefully more than just a nastier O'Byrne... I hope he'll be more solid in his defensive game too.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Guilliam

Very well then, I stand corrected. I thought Subban was going to train in the TO area with the same coach as usual. Nice to see he's still around.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:04 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Hopefully more than just a nastier O'Byrne... I hope he'll be more solid in his defensive game too.
O'Byrne was palying great for most of the season after the trade to Colorado. Of course, he was playing with JM Liles. But, that's a good combo: a stay at home D with a puck rusher.

I wasn't too happy when O'B was dealt. Aside from Gill, Habs' defence is rather smallish. Most of our d-men are barely 6' and 200-210 pounds.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 04:26 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
O'Byrne was palying great for most of the season after the trade to Colorado. Of course, he was playing with JM Liles. But, that's a good combo: a stay at home D with a puck rusher.

I wasn't too happy when O'B was dealt. Aside from Gill, Habs' defence is rather smallish. Most of our d-men are barely 6' and 200-210 pounds.
Who cares when you are as dumb as a doorknob.

O'byrne will revert to his poor abilities next season, I am almost positive of it.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Who cares when you are as dumb as a doorknob.

O'byrne will revert to his poor abilities next season, I am almost positive of it.
Yeah because Ivy League schools like Cornell let anybody in...

Old
06-09-2011, 05:34 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Yeah because Ivy League schools like Cornell let anybody in...
For sports scholarships they all do.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
For sports scholarships they all do.
Umm...no.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:40 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Umm...no.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_w_bush

Umm.. yeah.

Old
06-09-2011, 05:45 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
What has this anything to do with this? Bush is/probably is WAYY smarter than you think he is. Probably smarter than you and me together (I consider myself very smart). You don't get to president of the U.S for 8 years if you're not smart.

Also, no they do not let everyone in.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:47 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
What has this anything to do with this? Bush is/probably is WAYY smarter than you think he is. Probably smarter than you and me together (I consider myself very smart). You don't get to president of the U.S for 8 years if you're not smart.

They let anyone related to anyone with influence or can help them out in a significant way in. If Crosby had said he wanted to play US college hockey, you don't think Harvard would have immediately sent him an invitation?

Old
06-09-2011, 05:51 PM
SeriousFan09

Quote:

You can get to any position provided you have influence and the backing of the right people.

That man was the worst thing to happen to the United States in half a century.

SeriousFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:59 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post

From the games I've seen him play in Colorado, reports of his 'greatness' there are severely exaggerated.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Shutdown

You have to reach a certain grade to be eligible to be accepted into an Ivy League school to play on a sports team. The standard is MUCH lower than what the average student needs to achieve in order to get in. I forget if there's also a test that Ivy League schools have prospective athletes take in order to be accepted.

I know a couple of guys who had to push their commitment confirmations to Ivy League schools until their grades reached the minimum requirement.

Shutdown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown View Post
You have to reach a certain grade to be eligible to be accepted into an Ivy League school to play on a sports team. The standard is MUCH lower than what the average student needs to achieve in order to get in. I forget if there's also a test that Ivy League schools have prospective athletes take in order to be accepted.

I know a couple of guys who had to push their commitment confirmations to Ivy League schools until their grades reached the minimum requirement.
It's funnier to think that he is dumb because he scored in his net and stole a purse to delete a video to save his buddy's ass.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:09 PM
SeriousFan09

I know the desire is for Tinordi to become this 250-pound instrument of destruction on the ice but he has to battle weight and mobility. Chris Pronger keeps his weight at around 220 for that purpose and he's not exactly a pushover on the ice.

SeriousFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Very well then, I stand corrected. I thought Subban was going to train in the TO area with the same coach as usual. Nice to see he's still around.
Subban's in town for the Grand Prix and many other Habs. Gill, Cammy, etc.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 08:41 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
I watched a few of their games on TV. At times he looked like a man among boys in 1 on 1 battles and fought a fair bit. People forget that he is a bit of a project because of his size, so he won't dominate as much in junior as a 5'8" or 5'9" guy like Gallagher who is closer to physical and hand eye maturation.
I watched prob 5 or 6 games on sportsnet, He was really inconsistant one game he'd look great, the next he'd look ugly, for example one game near the end of the year Zack Kassian made him his ******. Kassian scored 2 goals in the game where Tinordi lost physical battles too him in front of the net which lead to the goals. Then there are other games where he looks dominante one game I remember he crushed a kid with an open ice hit, and the guy had to litterally crawl along the ice to his bench while play continued, some players from the bench had to reach over and lift him off the ice.

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:04 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

LOL!

"Fool me once shame on me...fool me twice...err shame on...err...can't get fooled again!"

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Apparently Tinordi sucked for most of the season and near the end he started to play better.

O'bryne played well his first while in Colorado, but quickly reverted back to his ****** ways from what I read.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote