HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

1st overall to Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2011, 10:55 PM
SabresHockey66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eberlehall View Post
RNH is more of a lock for 1 this year then Hall was last year. Show me one ranking that was done lately that does not have him first. Also, it would be Myers +++ for first overall
Please don't give your fanbase a bad name. While the initial proposal might not get it done, if you think you don't have to add to the 1st overall this year to get Myers then you have no business being here and discussing hockey. Myers >>>> 1st overall

Old
06-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Believe me, I understand the value of the 1st overall pick... but Myers +++? That is a joke.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:16 PM
BloFan4Life

if the 1st pick was going to be Crosby or Ovie then you are talking about Myers and more. The 1st pick is looking pretty average to me. It is a weak draft.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloFan4Life View Post
if the 1st pick was going to be Crosby or Ovie then you are talking about Myers and more. The 1st pick is looking pretty average to me. It is a weak draft.
Look at all the #1 drafted post lockout, all are impact players or are well on their ways to be (Tavares and Hall). (Exception of Johnson's development stunted due to a freak accident while golfing)

Edmonton has every right to ask for other team's top assets.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:32 PM
SDig14

I like the pieces in the OP, but it's still quantity for quality. We have prospects that have similar to potential to those 3 prospects, so it's not adding a ton of value to our organization. I'd really like Luke Adam though...

Old
06-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresHockey66 View Post
Please don't give your fanbase a bad name. While the initial proposal might not get it done, if you think you don't have to add to the 1st overall this year to get Myers then you have no business being here and discussing hockey. Myers >>>> 1st overall
Yeah ok could see a argument for Myers> 1st But>>>> touche

Old
06-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
I like the pieces in the OP, but it's still quantity for quality. We have prospects that have similar to potential to those 3 prospects, so it's not adding a ton of value to our organization. I'd really like Luke Adam though...
Somewhat, but the prospects are all pretty good, too. Adam projects as a 2nd line center, or at worst a 3rd line center that can fill in on the top 6. McNabb is a big defenseman that will probably be a #3 or a #4. Pysyk is good in all aspects of the game and will also probably be a top 4 defenseman. That, along with the 1st, is a pretty good package, especially since the Oilers need defense more than anything.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:39 PM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 50
Tyler Myers.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Somewhat, but the prospects are all pretty good, too. Adam projects as a 2nd line center, or at worst a 3rd line center that can fill in on the top 6. McNabb is a big defenseman that will probably be a #3 or a #4. Pysyk is good in all aspects of the game and will also probably be a top 4 defenseman. That, along with the 1st, is a pretty good package, especially since the Oilers need defense more than anything.
what if the Oilers offered Gagner, Peckham, Petry, and 19th for another teams #1 centre. We'd be told quantity does not equal quality. So buffalos "potentials" does not equal first overall

Old
06-09-2011, 11:53 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Anybody who says they'd want their favorite team to trade the 1st overall pick for a package of "ok" assets is either a liar or a moron.

The Oilers need a franchise center and a franchise defenseman. The #1 pick is their best chance to get either of those things.

If you want the #1 pick, offer a potential franchise center or a potential franchise defenseman. Otherwise no. Don't like it? Too bad.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:55 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Sure, but the point is those guys need to be something much better than what we already have, which they really aren't.

We have Pitlick and Lander who have 2C upside, who can both probably play as a 3C in the future. Pitlick is also versatile because he can play the wing as well. We also have a 21 year old Gagner on the team as well.

On D, we need more depth, but we have guys like Teubert, Peckham, Petry, Marincin, etc. Petry + Marincin is basically identical in value to McNabb and Pysyk IMO.

I guess the point is we have the borderline top 6 forwards and #3-5 d-men in spades right now, but we REALLY lack the top end talent at centre and on D, and we would be trading that chance away for something we have right now.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Yep yep and yep.

And as for the Oilers wanting to pick up Ryan Miller, it's going to be a couple years before they are in contention for Lord Stanley. They're probably better off developing a young goalie rather than overpaying for an "elite" goalie.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
what if the Oilers offered Gagner, Peckham, Petry, and 19th for another teams #1 centre. We'd be told quantity does not equal quality. So buffalos "potentials" does not equal first overall
But the pieces aren't for a #1 center - they're for a draft pick.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:58 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie View Post
Anybody who says they'd want their favorite team to trade the 1st overall pick for a package of "ok" assets is either a liar or a moron.

The Oilers need a franchise center and a franchise defenseman. The #1 pick is their best chance to get either of those things.

If you want the #1 pick, offer a potential franchise center or a potential franchise defenseman. Otherwise no. Don't like it? Too bad.
Calm down the hostility, man. I was gauging value with this proposal.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:58 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Quote:
Get it through your skull that this is the Oilers only realistic chance of acquiring a #1 center. They're not going to piss that away for a bunch of players that aren't much different from stuff that's already in the system.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Sure, but the point is those guys need to be something much better than what we already have, which they really aren't.

We have Pitlick and Lander who have 2C upside, who can both probably play as a 3C in the future. Pitlick is also versatile because he can play the wing as well. We also have a 21 year old Gagner on the team as well.

On D, we need more depth, but we have guys like Teubert, Peckham, Petry, Marincin, etc. Petry + Marincin is basically identical in value to McNabb and Pysyk IMO.

I guess the point is we have the borderline top 6 forwards and #3-5 d-men in spades right now, but we REALLY lack the top end talent at centre and on D, and we would be trading that chance away for something we have right now.
Fair enough

Old
06-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Haha, I knew when I clicked on this an Oilers fan would say something about Tyler Myers.

Personally, I'd rather have Tyler Myers than the 1st Overall Pick.
What about Myers was said? All I saw was a comparison to the awful proposal.

You Sens fans seem to want to find anyway to troll the Oilers. It's getting a little bit ridiculous..

Old
06-10-2011, 12:02 AM
BloFan4Life

What team would give a #1 C or #1 defenseman for a draft pick that isn't even anything special. That is like going backwards. Sorry, but you won't get either. You will get a series of prospect and maybe an NHL player.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloFan4Life View Post
What team would give a #1 C or #1 defenseman for a draft pick that isn't even anything special. That is like going backwards. Sorry, but you won't get either. You will get a series of prospect and maybe an NHL player.
I guess that's why the pick won't be traded. It really just wouldn't make sense for the team trading for the pick. They'd have to gut themselves for a player that isn't even guaranteed to be a star.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Homesick

Quote:
yea....just a draft pick. Oilers will give you Brule for your 1st "draft pick"
that draft pick is the best player in the draft for a bunch of mediocre(potential 2nd line 2nd/3d pairing dmen) prospects

Old
06-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
What about Myers was said? All I saw was a comparison to the awful proposal.

You Sens fans seem to want to find anyway to troll the Oilers. It's getting a little bit ridiculous..
Sens fans trolling? Go search the posts by people like GreasyGrinder.

I wasn't trolling, by the way. I was just laughing because I knew that that was going to happen. Not saying it's a bad demand. If I had the 1st pick, I would be demanding something like Myers too. You really did misunderstand my post.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Sens fans trolling? Go search the posts by people like GreasyGrinder.

I wasn't trolling, by the way. I was just laughing because I knew that that was going to happen. Not saying it's a bad demand. If I had the 1st pick, I would be demanding something like Myers too. You really did misunderstand my post.
Well first of all, I dont see how Myers has more value than #1 but to my point..

I don't know to me if seemed like since you knew it was going to happen you were going to rub it in.. (though it didn't even happen..)

Old
06-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Well first of all, I dont see how Myers has more value than #1 but to my point..

I don't know to me if seemed like since you knew it was going to happen you were going to rub it in.. (though it didn't even happen..)
Nah, I can see how you would think that though.

Believe it or not, I still think Myers gets underrated on here. People always forget to include him in the top young defenceman category. If he was in this draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go #1.

I'm not sure how much you know about him, being a WC fan, but seeing him 6 times a year and probably 10 more times with NHL Centre Ice, Myers is the complete package. He's incredibly mobile for a big man, and really fast. He's still physically able to dominate players, even at his young age. To me, he'll be a perennial all-star in the East, along with Karlsson, Subban, and Schenn.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:35 AM
SDig14

Quote:
Nah, I can see how you would think that though.

Believe it or not, I still think Myers gets underrated on here. People always forget to include him in the top young defenceman category. If he was in this draft, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go #1.

I'm not sure how much you know about him, being a WC fan, but seeing him 6 times a year and probably 10 more times with NHL Centre Ice, Myers is the complete package. He's incredibly mobile for a big man, and really fast. He's still physically able to dominate players, even at his young age. To me, he'll be a perennial all-star in the East, along with Karlsson, Subban, and Schenn.
Which is why Oiler fans are a little uneasy and can be hostile in the weeks leading up to the draft because there are 10 new threads every day and we have to argue constantly about trading away our pick. It's the Oilers time to try and get a player that can have the same impact as Myers, Subban, Karlsson, etc.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:36 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 196
Was going to respond to the op, but then I had to wade through a bunch of crap.................. the Oilers are not going to do a quality for quantity deal. They need a #1C and a #1D. Desperately. The prospects you listed are all good players in their own right, but like some have already said, we have more pressing needs, and no other tangible way to meet them.

Closed Thread