HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread, Part I

Old
06-02-2011, 02:26 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I agree, but if Thomas makes the team, then what happens with MZA? It's possible that both players will make the team, but I doubt it.
I don't think Thomas makes the team, so I'm not too worried about it.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2011, 02:27 PM
xxxZENxxx

With the Rangers only having a 1st, a 4th, and two 5ths in this draft... don't be surprised if a random player is either moved for draft pick (i.e. MZA) or used to move up in the draft. I like MZA, but I somewhat doubt his long-term value for this team with all the players in the prospect pipeline. That being said, it wouldn't hurt to give him a shot at a full NHL season and see if he truly develops.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2011, 08:20 PM
GAGLine

Stafford re-signed with buffalo for 4 years 16 mil. Should be a pretty good barometer for what Cally and Dubi will get.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 10:33 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Bump.

How about we talk about scenarios that don't involve Richards? I think I'm getting sick of his name at this point.

Question 1: What would you be willing to give up for Jason Spezza, should Richards fall through?

06-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Bump.

How about we talk about scenarios that don't involve Richards? I think I'm getting sick of his name at this point.

Question 1: What would you be willing to give up for Jason Spezza, should Richards fall through?
Spezza would be a target if they don't land Richards. Its going to take quite a bit though. He was hurt so that may make him more likely to stay in Ottawa. Likely next yrs first, Grachev, Valentenko

enough, maybe not but thats the package I offer to get a C. If it doesnt go whatever stick to growing from within

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Bump.

Forward prospect, probably Thomas or maybe even Kreider then this first and another in 2012. He's young enough to survive their rebuild and he's proven he can set people up and hit the 100's in terms of points. Grachev probably wouldn't go because the Sens are looking at Regin as their two-way center and given their draft position this year they'll probably snag a center.

Thomas + 2 1sts? Steep price.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:50 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Bump.

I thought about Spezza quite a bit last season. I really thought the Ra gers would have made a pitch for him especially when he was involved in all the rumors last season.

I like the idea of Spezza, and I actually think if he ever did come here that he would be a really good center not for Gaborik but for brandon Dubinsky.

I think I even tossed out a trade proposal of Anisimov, Del Zotto and 2011 1st rounder for Spezza

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

One interesting note that I haven't seen anyone bring up yet is that Marty Biron might have a lot of value this offseason. I love having him as Henke's backup but a lot of teams get by with rookies coming in and playing very solid in net lately. It's happening all over the league, especially at the backup position. A team like Phoenix may be interested in Biron as their starter. He's filled that role before and he's a trusty veteran. I don't want to move him, especially at his very reasonable cap-hit, but he's certainly not untouchable. Maybe Biron goes as part of a bigger deal to bring in that OTHER top-6 winger that everyone keeps assuming we'll need along with Richards. Just a thought. Interested to see what others have to say about it.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:53 PM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
I thought about Spezza quite a bit last season. I really thought the Ra gers would have made a pitch for him especially when he was involved in all the rumors last season.

I like the idea of Spezza, and I actually think if he ever did come here that he would be a really good center not for Gaborik but for brandon Dubinsky.

I think I even tossed out a trade proposal of Anisimov, Del Zotto and 2011 1st rounder for Spezza
I'd do that

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2011, 11:55 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
One interesting note that I haven't seen anyone bring up yet is that Marty Biron might have a lot of value this offseason. I love having him as Henke's backup but a lot of teams get by with rookies coming in and playing very solid in net lately. It's happening all over the league, especially at the backup position. A team like Phoenix may be interested in Biron as their starter. He's filled that role before and he's a trusty veteran. I don't want to move him, especially at his very reasonable cap-hit, but he's certainly not untouchable. Maybe Biron goes as part of a bigger deal to bring in that OTHER top-6 winger that everyone keeps assuming we'll need along with Richards. Just a thought. Interested to see what others have to say about it.
Biron goes nowhere. No reason to move him and no reason to expect other teams to be that interested in him. There are plenty of adequate goalies around for teams in need of one.

PHX does need a goalie, but they are probably the only team where a deal involving Biron could potentially materialize, and even then, it's unlikely.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Bump.

even if we get Richards,lets get Spezza too if we can get him at a reasonable price.granted,im not sure what Spezzas contract is,so that might not be possible.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:09 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
even if we get Richards,lets get Spezza too if we can get him at a reasonable price.granted,im not sure what Spezzas contract is,so that might not be possible.
Spezza is sign through the 2014-15 season for a cap hit of $7 million, so there is really no possible scenario where the Rangers could sign Richards and trade for Spezza.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post

Probably not enough to get it done. In the Heatley talks, Murray was asking for Dubinsky, Zherdev, plus - who were two established NHL'ers at the time. I wouldnt consider MDZ established at this point.

Also, if you're dealing your 2011 first rounder, you have to make the deal this month, which means you dont even give yourself time for Richards' market value to take shape.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Spezza is sign through the 2014-15 season for a cap hit of $7 million, so there is really no possible scenario where the Rangers could sign Richards and trade for Spezza.
We could trade Gaborik, or Lundqvist

But seriously, Ive seen stranger things happen as a Ranger fan

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 10:05 AM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
No thanks, goalies have very low trade value. I might be in favor of this IF we had a young goalie who was ready for back up duties, which we don't have. I'm keeping Biron and probably resigning him after the season, I can't see him getting much on the open market.

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
We could trade Gaborik, or Lundqvist

But seriously, Ive seen stranger things happen as a Ranger fan

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:38 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Given that Philadelphia has traded for the rights to Bryzgalov, who is reportedly seeking a 5 yr/30M deal, and that they only have 3 million in cap space *IF* the cap goes to 62+M $, one would have to think that Carter has to be in play to provide enough cap space to even consider signing Ilya. I think Carter's hit is 11/58M which is fairly reasonable and he's young enough that the contract ends when he's 36. Also, it has a no trade clause BEGINNING in 2012, which means he can be dealt.

The Rangers and Flyers really aren't great trading partners considering they're in the same division. However, the Rangers have young D prospects which are inexpensive.

How about one of our young defenseman, a 1st, a 3rd, & AA for Carter? Helps Philly. Helps us.

haohmaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Given that Philadelphia has traded for the rights to Bryzgalov, who is reportedly seeking a 5 yr/30M deal, and that they only have 3 million in cap space *IF* the cap goes to 62+M $, one would have to think that Carter has to be in play to provide enough cap space to even consider signing Ilya. I think Carter's hit is 11/58M which is fairly reasonable and he's young enough that the contract ends when he's 36. Also, it has a no trade clause BEGINNING in 2012, which means he can be dealt.

The Rangers and Flyers really aren't great trading partners considering they're in the same division. However, the Rangers have young D prospects which are inexpensive.

How about one of our young defenseman, a 1st, a 3rd, & AA for Carter? Helps Philly. Helps us.
No chance they trade him within the division, imo.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:42 PM
UAGoalieGuy

I mean stranger things have happened. The Rangers and Philly have traded with each other, see the Lindros trade. Don't know how i'd feel about it, though. $5.2 million cap hit isn't too bad for his production.

Old
06-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post

McDonaugh, Valentnko and Prust(Higgins) for Gomez, Pyatt. Turned out ok

Drury signing horrific and he is likely bought out

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 12:54 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Just curious, but could there be a scenario where the Rangers could acquire Carter and still sign Richards (If say Richards would sign for a cap hit of $6.5 million and the Rangers can pull of the trade that RangersBoy proposed a while back where they deal Drury to the Blue Jackets for Commedore then bury him in the minors during training camp)?

Say the deal was something like Anisomov, Grachev, V-Tank and 2011 1st or something around that for Carter. Don't think that would be enough though. Seeing a forward group looking something like:

Wolski - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Carter - Callahan
Thomas/Prospal/Feds/Hagelin - Stepan - MZA
Avery - Boyle - Prust

Would be solid.

Old
06-08-2011, 01:20 PM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Just curious, but could there be a scenario where the Rangers could acquire Carter and still sign Richards (If say Richards would sign for a cap hit of $6.5 million and the Rangers can pull of the trade that RangersBoy proposed a while back where they deal Drury to the Blue Jackets for Commedore then bury him in the minors during training camp)?

Say the deal was something like Anisomov, Grachev, V-Tank and 2011 1st or something around that for Carter. Don't think that would be enough though. Seeing a forward group looking something like:

Wolski - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Carter - Callahan
Thomas/Prospal/Feds/Hagelin - Stepan - MZA
Avery - Boyle - Prust

Would be solid.
The offensive production on those two top lines would be off the charts, but the whole thing is just a pipe dream. No way Carter ends up here if he is moved.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2011, 01:25 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
The offensive production on those two top lines would be off the charts, but the whole thing is just a pipe dream. No way Carter ends up here if he is moved.
Yeah, I agree there is almost no chance of it happening, but as people have said on here, stranger things have happened. Way too many moving parts for my scenario to even come close to happening, though.

Old
06-09-2011, 11:16 PM
CH2

Does anyone think Brenden Morrow would be a good target this offseason?

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:23 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Does anyone think Brenden Morrow would be a good target this offseason?
I like Morrow--very good player. Banger, power forward, net presence, and a leader. Signed to a solid $4M deal, and is only 32.

But, with Dallas parting ways with Richards--I cannot see them trading any of their main offensive forwards. They have talent up front--they do not have depth, though. Eriksson, Morrow, Ribeiro, Benn, but that's about it. Dallas is not in a very good position right now--the cupboard is bare, and they lack depth at every position at the NHL level.

Now that I say that--maybe they would trade Morrow. I'd offer them up a 1st and a forward prospect--he'd look good on a line like this: Morrow-#1 Center-Gaborik.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote