HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who is plan B?

Old
06-10-2011, 02:46 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
Who is plan B?

Everybody knows that Brad Richards is plan A for both the Toronto Maple Leafs and the New York Rangers that is not a secret, need him DESPRATELY as they both have a HUGE hole in the #1 center spot that he would more then fill. Both teams can offer him solid line mates to play with. Toronto has 2 30+ goal men in Kessel and Kuelmin and the rangers have the extermely talented Marian Gaborik whoi f he is healthy is a lock for 35-40 goals every year one of the most talented players in the game.

Both teams have their advantages NYR have his former coach who he loved playing for and well as one of his best friends in Sean Avery.

Toronto can likely pay him more and they have Dion Phaneuf who spends A LOT of his time in PEI so there may be a connection there.

BUT Richards can only go to oine team and may shock the world and not go to either of them.

So I ask if the Rangers or Leafs don't get him who is plan B? because I HIGHLY doubt that either Burke or Sather are sitting there with Richards as their ONLY target to fill the #1 center role.

so in your opinion who is Plan B? is it Weiss?, Carter?, Spezza? I read in one of the new york papers that Sather is interested in Spezza so thats why I bring him up. Paul Stastny? Mike Ribierio? would one of them take a run at Lecaviler?

who knows I do know that Richards is not the only guy on either Burkes or Sathers list he can't be.

If either fails to land Richards who do you think plan B is?

Last edited by LEAFANFORLIFE23: 06-10-2011 at 03:44 AM.
LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:54 AM
dashtary*

Disaster, Failure.

dashtary* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:54 AM
StuckOutHere

Tim connolly an injury prone fill in that allows them to bring up Joe colborne slowly until he is ready perhaps?

StuckOutHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 02:57 AM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Everybody knows that Brad Richards is plan A for both the Toronto Maple Leafs and the New York Rangers that is not a secret, need him DESPRATELY as they both have a HUGE hole in the #1 center spot that he would more then fill. Both teams can offer him solid line mates to play with Toronto has 2 30+ goal men in Kessel and Kuelmin and the rangers have the extermely talented Marian Gaborik whoi if he is healthy is a lock for 35-40 goals every year one of the most talented players in the game.

Both teams have their advantages NYR have his former coach who he loved playing for and well as one of his best friends in Sean Avery.

Toronto can likely pay him more and they have Dion Phaneuf who spends A LOT of his time in PEI so there may be a connection there.

BUT Richards can only go to oine team and may shock the world and not go to either of them.

So I ask if the Rangers or Leafs don't get him who is plan B? because I HIGHLY doubt that either Burke or Sather are sitting there with Richards as their ONLY target to fill the #1 center role.

so in your opinion who is Plan B? is it Weiss?, Carter?, Spezza? I read in one of the new york papers that Sather is interested in Spezza so thats why I bring him up. Paul Stastny? Mike Ribierio? would one of them take a run at Lecaviler?

who knows I do know that Richards is not the only guy on either Burkes or Sathers list he can't be.

I don't know if Lecavalier would be a smart move (or even a feasible move for New York.) Depending on how this season goes, he could be well on his way to albatross territory.

Weiss has always struck me as a very solid number 2 center on a competitive team. I wouldn't put him quite in the same sentence as the other players.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:18 AM
Bennrocks

I can guarantee you that nobody is going to get ribeiro out of dallas now that richards is gone

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Krnage

Scott Gomez should be a good Plan B for Toronto

Krnage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:45 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck out here View Post
Tim connolly an injury prone fill in that allows them to bring up Joe colborne slowly until he is ready perhaps?
and why would we or the rangers or ANY team want a guy who spends more time on the IR then on the ice?

Old
06-10-2011, 03:47 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
thats OK you keep him or send him to ottawa they love to overpay guys

Old
06-10-2011, 03:47 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Joe Thornton yep I said it Sj has abundance of centers.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:13 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Wonder if San Jose would consider trading Marleau, if Toronto would want him and what they'd be willin to cough up for him. If Richards is off the board I think that Marleau is the best center Toronto would be able to get their hands on.

Some salary + late first rounder + Kadri?

In the long run I think that it would help Toronto out a lot. Maybe Marleau might get out of his playoff slump with a change in scenery.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:39 AM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Everybody knows that Brad Richards is plan A for both the Toronto Maple Leafs and the New York Rangers that is not a secret, need him DESPRATELY as they both have a HUGE hole in the #1 center spot that he would more then fill. Both teams can offer him solid line mates to play with. Toronto has 2 30+ goal men in Kessel and Kuelmin and the rangers have the extermely talented Marian Gaborik whoi f he is healthy is a lock for 35-40 goals every year one of the most talented players in the game.

Wasn't Ron Wilson voted the worst coach to play for by the players?

I wonder if this will impact their ability to attract star free agents.

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:44 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
Komisarek, Finger and Lebda for Gomez?

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:54 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Komisarek, Finger and Lebda for Gomez?
What's sad is thatt toronto would probably decline

Old
06-10-2011, 04:59 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Plan B = Drury

no kidding, I think Burke would think about him, for 1 year

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
Joe Thornton yep I said it Sj has abundance of centers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Wonder if San Jose would consider trading Marleau, if Toronto would want him and what they'd be willin to cough up for him. If Richards is off the board I think that Marleau is the best center Toronto would be able to get their hands on.

In the long run I think that it would help Toronto out a lot. Maybe Marleau might get out of his playoff slump with a change in scenery.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
trentmccleary

Quote:
What's sad is thatt toronto would probably decline
Hard to say, it's $22M for Gomez vs. $18.45M for the other 3... but it shifts a lot of money up front for Montreal and spreads out undesirable cap hits for Toronto.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 05:04 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Plan B = Drury

no kidding, I think Burke would think about him, for 1 year
as the #3 or 4 center?" ya sure

as the #1? you have GOT to be kidding

Old
06-10-2011, 05:09 AM
matt trick

Quote:

Pop quiz:

Who has more playoff goals:
A) Daniel Briere
B) Henrik Zetterberg
C) Patrick Marleau
D) Mats Sundin
E) Wendell Clark
F) The Toronto Maple Leafs 2011-2012 1st line of Lupul-Richards-Kessel
G) Players who wore a maple leaf this season (including Kaberle, Beauchmein, and Versteeg).

Answer is G. While Patrick Marleau edges out every individual (and the future of Toronto's first line), on the list he falls short of outscoring every Toronto player by two. Note: Briere and Zetterberg have higher GPG in the playoffs).

True or False:
Patrick Marleau's playoff pace falls less than 4% from his regular season pace?

True, in the regular season, Marleau averages .740 point per game. In the postseason, his points per game collapses to .709 (~approximately 2 points in a full regular season).

True or False:
Patrick Marleau has a higher GPG average in the playoffs, than he does in the regular season.

True in the regular season Marleau averages .345 GPG. In the postseason it jumps to .420 (~approximately 6 goals in the regular season).

Who scored the last two series clinching goals to send the Sharks to WCF?

Patrick Marleau, both times against the team's playoff nemesis, the Detroit Red Wings.

How many points did Patrick Marleau score in the 2010 WCF?

6 (five goals, 1 primary assist in 4 games). His team managed to score one other goal when he was not directly involved.

How many points did Patrick Marleau score in the 2011 WCF?

(4 goals, 3 assists) in 5 games. The team scored 13 goals total. No other Shark but Clowe had more than 2.

Patrick Marleau's streakiness drives me and every other sharks fan insane, but if you feel there will be a player available who can help the sharks in the regular season more than Patrick Marleau, please point him out. It is becoming very tiring to hear people who root for other teams call for Marleau's head. Yes he has sucked for games and even series at a time, but he has also proven capable of being dominate for entire series against premier competition. Unfortunately, we just haven't gotten the whole team (or most of it clicking on all cylinders), though I do believe it will happy eventually. Even if he were available, there is very few packages from Toronto that could make San Jose better in the next two years, and that is really all that matters at this point.

Last edited by matt trick: 06-10-2011 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Several ninja edits, hopefully no one noticed.
matt trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 05:20 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

UFA: Tim "Timmah" Connolly

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 05:26 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
UFA: Tim "Timmah" Connolly
I think you are confused we are talking about play B not plan X

Old
06-10-2011, 05:27 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
Pop quiz:

Who has more playoff goals:
A) Daniel Briere
B) Henrik Zetterberg
C) Patrick Marleau
D) Mats Sundin
E) Wendell Clark
F) The Toronto Maple Leafs 2011-2012 1st line of Lupul-Richards-Kessel
G) Players who wore a maple leaf this season (including Kaberle, Beauchmein, and Versteeg).

Answer is G. While Patrick Marleau edges out every individual (and the future of Toronto's first line), on the list he falls short of outscoring every Toronto player by two. Note: Briere and Zetterberg have higher GPG in the playoffs).

True or False:
Patrick Marleau's playoff pace falls less than 4% from his regular season pace?

True, in the regular season, Marleau averages .740 point per game. In the postseason, his points per game collapses to .709 (~approximately 2 points in a full regular season).

True or False:
Patrick Marleau has a higher GPG average in the playoffs, than he does in the regular season.

True in the regular season Marleau averages .345 GPG. In the postseason it jumps to .420 (~approximately 6 goals in the regular season).

Who scored the last two series clinching goals to send the Sharks to WCF?

Patrick Marleau, both times against the team's playoff nemesis, the Detroit Red Wings.

How many points did Patrick Marleau score in the 2010 WCF?

6 (five goals, 1 primary assist in 4 games). His team managed to score one other goal when he was not directly involved.

How many points did Patrick Marleau score in the 2011 WCF?

(4 goals, 3 assists) in 5 games. The team scored 13 goals total. No other Shark but Clowe had more than 2.

Patrick Marleau's streakiness drives me and every other sharks fan insane, but if you feel there will be a player available who can help the sharks in the regular season more than Patrick Marleau, please point him out. It is becoming very tiring to hear people who root for other teams call for Marleau's head. Yes he has sucked for games and even series at a time, but he has also proven capable of being dominate for entire series against premier competition. Unfortunately, we just haven't gotten the whole team (or most of it clicking on all cylinders), though I do believe it will happy eventually. Even if he were available, there is very few packages from Toronto that could make San Jose better in the next two years, and that is really all that matters at this point.
I'm not shocked to be corrected here, but I say his name because I think he's the easiest guy to trade out of the big 3.

Old
06-10-2011, 07:19 AM
BruinsPortugal

Nail Yakupov

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
I'm not shocked to be corrected here, but I say his name because I think he's the easiest guy to trade out of the big 3.
They all have NMCs. And even if he was traded, he definitely, definitely would not agree to go back to Ron Wilson and the media hoard in Toronto.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 07:45 AM
GCM
Stork

Zenon Konopka.

GCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 08:43 AM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Spezza? Must of been some stupid tabloid, or Cox.

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote