HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton's ability to nab another top 10 pick

Old
06-10-2011, 01:56 AM
Jrtu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
19, Omark and Gagne- #10 is yours...
I'm pretty sure it's just a typo, but I'll clarify it for you nonetheless.
Gagne plays for the Lightning.
It's Gagner that plays for the Oilers.

Jrtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 03:42 AM
big ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Well when you look at how well we've drafted over the past few seasons it's easy to see why.

I myself am not expecting Edmonton to land another top-10 pick, but I'd be excited if it did happen.

If Hemsky gets traded it won't be for cheap. Tambolini has set his price for Hemsky quite high when you look at what he was asking for at the last draft and at the last trade deadline.

I can't see Hemsky getting packed with the 19th or 31st overall for a 1st rounder unless it's 6th or 7th... but I really don't see teams in that range being teams in need of a player like Hemsky healthy or otherwise.

Maybe someone out there is high enough on Smid to take a sniff at him and see Smid get packed with a pick for 9th or 10th... but I really doubt any bottom 10 team values him that highly. Past these two guys i just don't see how Edmonton can afford to make a deal to get a top 10 pick.
Thadd,i can see the Oil trying to get the 8th from Columbus.Other than Oiler faithful,Howson knows the type of player Hemsky is.

big ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:37 AM
nzoilerfan

What about a trade with CLB for the 8th?

Apparently Holmgren is keen on Carter and Hemsky. If they lose out on Carter they could put an offer in on Hemsky. http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cbj110609.html

Something like:

Hemsky

for

8th
Pahlsson
Commodore

??

They get a star player and clear some more cap space. Edmonton gets the top 10 pick, a third line centre, and a defenceman who can replace Vandemeer/Strudwick playing some minor minutes whilst providing a veteran presence and leadership for the young team.

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 04:49 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post

Apparently Holmgren is keen on Carter and Hemsky. If they lose out on Carter they could put an offer in on Hemsky. http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/cbj110609.html

Something like:

Hemsky

for

8th
Pahlsson
Commodore

??

They get a star player and clear some more cap space. Edmonton gets the top 10 pick, a third line centre, and a defenceman who can replace Vandemeer/Strudwick playing some minor minutes whilst providing a veteran presence and leadership for the young team.
If commadore waived his ntc I'd love this deal and I think most oil fans would as well. You'd think edmonton would draft the best d-man available. New jersey is surely going to grab larsson or murphy.

If edmonton is lucky both hamilton and murphy will be available. I for the life of me can't decide which of them I'd prefer. Hamilton is gonna be a giant beast with considerable offensive upside, but murphy could be our next paul coffee.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 08:09 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
If commadore waived his ntc I'd love this deal and I think most oil fans would as well. You'd think edmonton would draft the best d-man available. New jersey is surely going to grab larsson or murphy.

If edmonton is lucky both hamilton and murphy will be available. I for the life of me can't decide which of them I'd prefer. Hamilton is gonna be a giant beast with considerable offensive upside, but murphy could be our next paul coffee.
Was that defenceman with cream or milk?

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post

Something like:

Hemsky

for

8th
Pahlsson
Commodore

??

Names That Will Automatically End Any Talks For 8th Overall:
Carl Gunnarson
Yannick Weber
Jaroslav Spacek
Mike Komisarek
Ales Hemsky

We're not using the 8th to sell off Commodore, we're definitely not using it to sell off Pahlsson, and we are for damnsure not using it to get forwards instead of defensemen. This proposal fails on every level possible.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:30 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
19, Omark and Gagne- #10 is yours...
You might get Gagner for the #10...I'd do Gagner and Omark for the #10 and your second rounder, if we find a center to take Gagner's spot.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote