HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

General Fitness Thread #3

Old
06-09-2011, 11:20 PM
knuck
On and off fan

vCash: 500
Wendy's
Baconnator

You're set

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:28 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
Wendy's
Baconnator

You're set
I wont lie, i actually like it.

In other news, I went to 260 lbs before summer. Was eating junk during finals, and without much training and just eating right I'm down to 253.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Anyone know how much I should spend/where I could find a good digital scale. My current one is ancient and constantly needed to be recalibrated. It's just not trustworthy and if I'm busting my ass for something, I like to be able to track my progress, regardless of how small it is.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
What's the best fast food ish place health wise? I mean, forget the burger places, but let's say sandwhiches and subs. I used to go to subway but changed to cultures and get a sandwhich, 2 salads and an apple juice. It's the best place i'm aware of that's easy to find. I'm not referring to a random health food store in middle of nowhere. I mean more the stuff you're likely to find around.
I like Chop Crazy myself.
I find the bread to be huge in subs like Subway and Quiznos. I always have to double the meat otherwise it feels like I'm mostly eating bread, and even then, I still feel the bread is too much.
I enjoy the soups at Chop Crazy. But for all these places, I always double the meat.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 08:33 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I gained 9 lbs in 5 weeks on my Spartacus Workout regime.

11 lbs to go before I reach 200 lbs and begin to cut down my body fat %.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Why are you putting on weight (bad weight) only to cut it after??

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:18 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
What's the best fast food ish place health wise? I mean, forget the burger places, but let's say sandwhiches and subs. I used to go to subway but changed to cultures and get a sandwhich, 2 salads and an apple juice. It's the best place i'm aware of that's easy to find. I'm not referring to a random health food store in middle of nowhere. I mean more the stuff you're likely to find around.
I like Subway for healthy fast-food (well as long as you put the right ingredients in it)

I always get a 6 foot long sub though, 12's subs are too much for me

Cultures is not that healthy (still better than McDo though), their sandwiches are packed with mayo
If you are planning on losing fat, you should avoid those fruit juices too.
Get a real piece of fruit instead.

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:50 AM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Why are you putting on weight (bad weight) only to cut it after??
I'm not putting on bad weight. Mostly the gain is muscle. I'm just a tall lanky guy and to cut now would be counter productive considering I want to bulk.

Old
06-13-2011, 03:39 PM
habsjunkie2*

Anyone ever owned a heart rate monitor that stopped monitoring the heart. Kinda strange isn't it? Mine has worked for years and then all the sudden the last few days it will no longer give a reading, but the rest of the functions work as per normal, the clock, stopwatch ect all still function 100%, but I can't get a reading for the life of me. Maybe I'm dead. lol

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Excellent job! What was your ''Spartacus Workout regime''?

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 01:47 PM
ClasslessGuy

first time jogging since my double stress fracture... 10k in an hour so not bad, tried jack3d for the first time and it's wow... never felt that way and after an hour the feeling (buzz) was wonderful. Waiting for the down now... Can i use whey protein shake and jack3d together?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 05:24 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Excellent job! What was your ''Spartacus Workout regime''?
Day 1 and 3 are for building strength, size and power.
Day 2 and 4 is for muscular endurance.

Days 1 & 4 (Day 4 each exercise is supersetted with the following exercise, so squats supersetted with stability ball barbell press, puships with alternating dumbbell press etc,)
Squats 3 x 15, 12, 10
Stability Ball Barbell Press 3 x 15, 12, 10
Plyometric pushups 3 x Max
Bosu Ball Alternating Dumbell Press 3 x 15, 12, 10
Bosu Ball Plate Front Riase 3 x 12, 12, 10
Calf Raises 3 x 15, 12, 10
Stick Crunch 3 x 15-20.
Dragon Flags 3 x 10 (I couldn't actually do these, so I just did leg raises and brought them as high as I could, working on it).

Days 2 & 3. (Day 2 is all supersetted, like day 4 of the first routine)
Deadlifts 3 x 15, 12, 10
Pullups 3 x Max
One Arm Dumbbell Rows 3 x 15, 12, 10
Inverted Rows 3 x Max
Barbell Curls 3 x 15, 12, 10
Weighted Tricep Bench Dips 3 x Max
Powerbag wipe (don't have power bag at my gym, so I usually improvise here). 3 x 15, 12, 10
Barbell Torque 3 x 20.

Old
06-17-2011, 06:28 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Anyone ever owned a heart rate monitor that stopped monitoring the heart. Kinda strange isn't it? Mine has worked for years and then all the sudden the last few days it will no longer give a reading, but the rest of the functions work as per normal, the clock, stopwatch ect all still function 100%, but I can't get a reading for the life of me. Maybe I'm dead. lol
try replacing the battery in the chest strap.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2011, 07:29 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
I like Subway for healthy fast-food (well as long as you put the right ingredients in it)

I always get a 6 foot long sub though, 12's subs are too much for me

Cultures is not that healthy (still better than McDo though), their sandwiches are packed with mayo
If you are planning on losing fat, you should avoid those fruit juices too.
Get a real piece of fruit instead.
I never get the sandwhiches, I get the panini. I choose apple juice over the alternative of soda. There's tea, but I'm not a tea fan.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 03:01 PM
ClasslessGuy

feel like **** today, keep gaining weight even though I eat 99% healthy and perfect food. Can't run for 2 km without huge leg pain (stress fracture + periostitis)... The only thing i can do is biking... Average 25 km of bike day and I still gain weight. Back hurt, leg hurt, crappy eyes 22 years old... Dam I have a bad day...

Old
06-18-2011, 03:25 PM
knuck
On and off fan

If you post what you eat, I'm sure someone will point out that it's not 99% perfect. Sometimes I think I eat somewhat decently (when I try really hard) but I know a nutritionist would put a shotgun in my face and pull the trigger if I were to tell her (most likely) what I eat.

Have you tried an elliptical machine ?

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 06:38 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubaka View Post
first time jogging since my double stress fracture... 10k in an hour so not bad, tried jack3d for the first time and it's wow... never felt that way and after an hour the feeling (buzz) was wonderful. Waiting for the down now... Can i use whey protein shake and jack3d together?
You mean taking a protein shake before you work out mixed with some jack3d?

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
feel like **** today, keep gaining weight even though I eat 99% healthy and perfect food. Can't run for 2 km without huge leg pain (stress fracture + periostitis)... The only thing i can do is biking... Average 25 km of bike day and I still gain weight. Back hurt, leg hurt, crappy eyes 22 years old... Dam I have a bad day...
Maybe that's because you tried to run 10K your first time out after a double stress fracture.

You have to start back doing shorter distances, eventually working your way back up to 10K. As Periostitis is usually caused by excessive physical activity.

Also unless you're a rabbit, I don't know anyone that eats 99% healthy. As knuck mentioned, give us a list of what you eat on an average day.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 08:07 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Increase water intake and eat less. You're probably well over your calorie requirement without knowing it. Many times you think you're hungry, but all you need is a nice cold glass of water. Get the calories down to 1700/day roughly, unless you're quite big, but 1700 works for me, depending on progress, up the cals or decrease the cals.

Biking 25km per day probably builds up an appetite. Stick with it, it's a strange thing, but you'll probably see a few weeks go by and poof, all the sudden you'll notice it is working. Calories in vs calories out should be your number 1 priority, if you're eating 100% healthy, it wil be almost impossible to go over. I suspect you're bringing in more than you realize.

Old
06-18-2011, 08:25 PM
ToysInTheAttic

I'm down to 190 lbs from 207 lbs last summer. 6 ft 2 in. Mid 50's of age. Work out 1 hr and 1/2 every second day.

At the time(207 lbs) I was was happy with my weight, but my blood work said different; cholesterol moderately elevated. Well, you know what happens when our Canadian health care system dibbileybops the current calibrated risk factor scenarios for mi's, stroke, and crap like that.... Apparently, I was smack dab in high risk territory for all that hypothetical stuff, and cholesterol medication was the answer.

Anyway, I don't give a **** about risk factors, but as I have no choice but to suffer their incessant coercive yapping I had to give it some thought. And I did.

Going on a cholesterol medication for life with consequent side effects, and multiple meds to treat side effects of side effects ad infinitum isn't my cup of tea, so I went on a low fat diet. Gave up my 3 or 4 times a week mega burgers with up-sized fries, chinese take out food platters, and 16 inch pizzas. Gave the stuff up since March. Lost 17 lbs.

I have no animosity for our health care system. I abused my diet in my younger days with no ill effects because my body could metabolize the excess; not so now(and not so before, imo). Entrophy. These ******** won't let anyone die in peace.

So, do I feel any different than last summer health wise? The answer is NO. I'm only doing this as a personal sacrifice to our healthcare system, only because I'm being coerced.

PS: I feel I am fit for my age.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2011, 08:32 PM
habsjunkie2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysInTheAttic View Post
I'm down to 190 lbs from 207 lbs last summer. 6 ft 2 in. Mid 50's of age. Work out 1 hr and 1/2 every second day.

At the time(207 lbs) I was was happy with my weight, but my blood work said different; cholesterol moderately elevated. Well, you know what happens when our Canadian health care system dibbileybops the current calibrated risk factor scenarios for mi's, stroke, and crap like that.... Apparently, I was smack dab in high risk territory for all that hypothetical stuff, and cholesterol medication was the answer.

Anyway, I don't give a **** about risk factors, but as I have no choice but to suffer their incessant coercive yapping I had to give it some thought. And I did.

Going on a cholesterol medication for life with consequent side effects, and multiple meds to treat side effects of side effects ad infinitum isn't my cup of tea, so I went on a low fat diet. Gave up my 3 or 4 times a week mega burgers with up-sized fries, chinese take out food platters, and 16 inch pizzas. Gave the stuff up since March. Lost 17 lbs.

I have no animosity for our health care system. I abused my diet in my younger days with no ill effects because my body could metabolize the excess; not so now(and not so before, imo). Entrophy. These ******** won't let anyone die in peace.

So, do I feel any different than last summer health wise? The answer is NO. I'm only doing this as a personal sacrifice to our healthcare system, only because I'm being coerced.

PS: I feel I am fit for my age.
How's the cholesterol now?

From Saint John here too, which side you from?

Old
06-18-2011, 08:45 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
How's the cholesterol now?

From Saint John here too, which side you from?
****** if I know how my cholesterol is. Find out next time I'm sent for blood work. East End, originally.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2011, 07:22 AM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
You mean taking a protein shake before you work out mixed with some jack3d?

No jack3d before and shake after?

Old
06-19-2011, 04:42 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
No jack3d before and shake after?
Yeah that's fine.

JimmyDarmody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2011, 10:21 AM
ClasslessGuy

Alright i need to go to the gym and you guys are the only one i know that can help me... For a 4 day training how is this:

Lundi : Triceps / Biceps / Épaules
Mardi : Bas du corps / Abs

Jeudi : Chest / Dos
Vendredi : Cardio

Should i change some part on another day or always do this with that etc?