HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darche is back- 1 year deal- 700K

Old
06-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

You want us to resemble the Bruins?? I don't. At all.
So you don't want a big, physical team that can play most any style and make it to the finals? So just what type of team do you want? Yet another team of small forwards, that get exposed often for being small? The same team year after year that almost every single analyst in the game agrees is far too small?

Not talking about fighters here, but this team is still too small.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Looks like Gauthier is ready to bring back the exact same team as last year. Too bad.
Well the defense is going to be different that's for sure and I still believe there will be a couple of moves up front 1 or 2

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Looks like Gauthier is ready to bring back the exact same team as last year. Too bad.
You must have missed the part where they signed Yemelin...plus Pacioretty Gorges and Markov will rejoin the team. That alone is a pretty big change.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:12 AM
OpenIceHit

vCash: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Of the 4 names you mention, White and Moen are physical players willing to drop the gloves, Darche is at least willing to go to the net (and can in a pinch sit as a 13th forward anyway), and Pouliot may or may not be back.

It's also not a given that we will find a new top 6 forward on the market. That may create another bottom 6 hole. OR the top 6 forward we do find could be a tougher player like an Erik Cole.

Agreed, right now we lack size and physicality in our top 6. But in the bottom 6, you only have Desharnais as a not physical guy (Eller does not shy away from taking the body either), so there is plenty of room to toughen the team up.
I hope you're right. Let's see how things evolved in the next few weeks. I guess PG knows what this team was lacking last year.

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You must have missed the part where they signed Yemelin...plus Pacioretty Gorges and Markov will rejoin the team. That alone is a pretty big change.
And the part where trades are still highly possible, and free agency is still three weeks away.

All he has done is chosen not to lose Andrei Kostitsyn for absolutely nothing, and signed a solid, veteran 12th/13th forward who may be able to surpass expectations and take on a bigger role if others are slumping. Don't see why that means we're "bringing back the exact same team."

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleOdelein View Post
If a prospect can't get over the Darche hurdle to win a spot in the line-up, he's not ready for the show.
game set match

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
So you don't want a big, physical team that can play most any style and make it to the finals? So just what type of team do you want? Yet another team of small forwards, that get exposed often for being small? The same team year after year that almost every single analyst in the game agrees is far too small?

Not talking about fighters here, but this team is still too small.
Where do you see Boston as a big team? Vancouver is much bigger than them. 2/3 of Vancouver's forwards are 6'2" or bigger...Boston has 6-7 guys 5'11 or smaller. Vancouver's average defense is like 6'3" 215lbs.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:18 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Can someone bring up the tread of last year when we inked him for a year. The reactions were not the same
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...=darche+signed

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
You mean the team that took the Bruins to game 7 overtime without their best forward for the second half of the season?

Sounds pretty logical to me.

Just need to re-vamp the D and we're good to go. This is a good team.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Where do you see Boston as a big team? Vancouver is much bigger than them. 2/3 of Vancouver's forwards are 6'2" or bigger...Boston has 6-7 guys 5'11 or smaller. Vancouver's average defense is like 6'3" 215lbs.
Boston have three guys that are making a difference: Chara, Lucic and Thornton, three of the most intimidating presence on a NHL ice.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What the heck is it with people and softness??
I'm even hearing things now that Vancouver is soft. Anybody outside Boston and Philly, not soft?...

Also, we signed Diaz who should start in the AHL, Emelin who's very aggressive and don't mind dropping the gloves, Darche and Gill may not be fighters, but they will clear the net and get involve in every scrum. AK lead our team in hits.

You want us to resemble the Bruins?? I don't. At all.
Hell yeah I do! They're still playing right now, we're not... They started the playoffs witha healthy line-up, we didn't... They have big tough players to help their talent, we don't. Don't be such a homer, Boston has a GREAT team with a very bright future.

Emelin is not a Habs version Komisarek like you describe him and Kostitsyn leading in his simply means we need help.

Pax Macioretty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:20 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
You mean the team that took the Bruins to game 7 overtime without their best forward for the second half of the season?

Sorry, we need a real 4th line with size and grit.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:22 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Boston have three guys that are making a difference: Chara, Lucic and Thornton, three of the most intimidating presence on a NHL ice.
This !!^ The Canucks look like little girls in Boston. It's actually quite comical. Oh, and who are these Sedin twins people keep talking about ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Sorry, we need a real 4th line with size and grit.
Darche is a good depth forward who pops in a few clutch goals here and there for 700k. Get a grip.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Overpayment.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:28 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Darche is a good depth forward who pops in a few clutch goals here and there for 700k. Get a grip.
Darche is a third line winger, spare-time 2nd line, or he's gonna play as 13th forward.

I want a real 4th line for the Habs. You can add someone with Moen and White with size, grit and who can drop them once in a while.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Darche is a third line winger, spare-time 2nd line, or he's gonna play as 13th forward.

I want a real 4th line for the Habs. You can add someone with Moen and White with size, grit and who can drop them once in a while.
I don't disagree. I just find people get all reactionary and jump the gun every time the Habs make a minor depth move. Let's wait and see what the complete team is come training camp before brandishing the blanket statements like Gauthier is an idiot and he's icing the exact same team as last year. Don't mean you personally by the way, but it's just annoying to read because it kills the discussion.

I mean we have no idea what he's up to and we also don't have a clue what our D will look like yet.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:34 AM
shiram

Gill, Ak, Darche, all one year signings, it leads me to believe alot will change next year, as PK and Price go for big money.
In the meantime, with free agency not so bountifull on key players, we keep our known elements.
I wish we would have improved, but Darche is great at that price.

shiram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:37 AM
habitue*

Quote:
I don't disagree. I just find people get all reactionary and jump the gun every time the Habs make a minor depth move. Let's wait and see what the complete team is come training camp before brandishing the blanket statements like Gauthier is an idiot and he's icing the exact same team as last year. Don't mean you personally by the way, but it's just annoying to read because it kills the discussion.

I mean we have no idea what he's up to and we also don't have a clue what our D will look like yet.
Personnally, I am not expecting nor demanding big changes. I just want this team, to feel more secure on the ice knowing that they have someone on the bench who can defend them if needed. I like out little top-two lines forwards but we have enough of them.

A good, big goal scorer would be great but they don't grow on trees. Hopefully MaxPac will come back in top physical and mental shape and A.K. will get the year of his carreer.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Good signing

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:54 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

F yeah.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Players are pretty much signing for what I expected or less even. If this continues, the Habs will have about 5M to either sign an impact player on D or shore up the offense. I'd prefer the former given the FA crop of d-men this year, but if you can improve this team through trade (eg, get a player like Jeff Carter), do that and worry about completing the D next year.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:58 AM
PricePkPatch*

We needed this guy. Seriously, he was the Brodeur-killer. Who else in our team can score 2 goals on him during a single game?!

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
Which prospect(s) exactly do you see fighting for Darche's job in Montreal? We don't have anyone ready to begin the year in such a role. By mid-season, you may have Palushaj, and if he's deserving, they will find him room as they did for Pacioretty. He looked like he still had quite a bit of work to do in his call-up last year, and he isn't really a bottom 6 type of player anyway (maybe on an offensive third line some day...).

But right now... there is no one ready to step in. This year, a guy like Darche is needed. Next year the story may be different, as Palushaj, Leblanc, Engqvist, Avtsin, and maybe even Conboy and/or Kristo (though likely to start in Hamilton) could all be NHL-ready.
Cammy-Plekanec-UFA
Maxpac-Gomez-Gionta
Desharnais-Eller-Kostitsyn
Moen-Engqvist-White
Extra: Pyatt-Darche-Pouliot

What if Palushaj, Leblanc, Conboy, Berger or Avstin has an amazing camp inspetember? You assume that they will be ready next season, but we just don't know yet..

Pax Macioretty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:00 AM
gusfring

Quote:

Dude. It's fine. If you are happy battling for the final three playoff spots going into the last 2-3 weeks of the season, then that's ok.

I would like to shoot for higher. Sorry.

If this team does not improve in overall team toughness and more importantly in 5 on 5 play, then the status quo is what you will get.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote