HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Vancouver game 5 series tied 2-2

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Boston @ Vancouver game 5 series tied 2-2

Continue here

Old
06-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

vCash: 500
After watching the Canadian media and Vancouver fan base practically anointing the Cup to Vancouver after games 1 and 2, I was thinking;

"Uhm... You shouldn't be doing that so soon..."

Definitely a huge moment in Vancouver franchise history tonight.

Play fast, play smart, and play tough, Canucks!

Old
06-10-2011, 09:37 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Boston is too strong now and Luongo is cementing himself as a choker once more.
The emotional lift that the Horton injury and his presence is making the Bruins extra motivated to not only win the cup, but to win it for Horton.
Thomas has figured out how to play under pressure and you won't see any more leaky goals from him, it's stud vezina calibre goaltending from here on out.
Kesler and the Sedins have been neutralized, their desire to win has been sucked out of them.

Boston blows out the next two games, wins the cup at home and Neely rejoices.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The emotional lift that the Horton injury and his presence is making the Bruins extra motivated to not only win the cup, but to win it for Horton.
Thomas has figured out how to play under pressure and you won't see any more leaky goals from him, it's stud vezina calibre goaltending from here on out.
Kesler and the Sedins have been neutralized, their desire to win has been sucked out of them.

Sadly I have to agree, the way things are going I don't see the Bruins losing this one, they play a better team game and the Sedins have been brutal. Luongo will suck like always. Thomas on the other hand which I've made fun of quite a few times, definitely has earned my respect

Old
06-10-2011, 09:42 AM
PhysicX

Calm down WeThreeKings! Damn why so negative boy? I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we see a Game 1 or 2 look-alike today and it goes down to overtime. The serie is tied 2-2, why blow those two losses out of proportion to the situation they are actually in? In fact, it's Vancouver that should rejoice, because they've given 14 goals, scored 5, yet are still in a favorable situation to win in 7. I will certainly give you props though if Boston wins today by at least 2 goals.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
Calm down WeThreeKings! Damn why so negative boy? I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we see a Game 1 or 2 look-alike today and it goes down to overtime. The serie is tied 2-2, why blow those two losses out of proportion to the situation they are actually in? In fact, it's Vancouver that should rejoice, because they've given 14 goals, scored 5, yet are still in a favorable situation to win in 7. I will certainly give you props though if Boston wins today by at least 2 goals.
Boston made their 2 wins look dam easy without their best forward in these playoffs, while the best team in the league barely won their 2 games at home

Old
06-10-2011, 09:46 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
The stars are aligned for Boston to win the cup, it's the way it is, they're run is much like our 1993 run, with near losses that they turned into near victories. Resiliency and the ability to bounce back after losses.

They will win and sour me like Crosby lifting the cup and the Canes winning cup after injuring top players to get there. The good guys never win and the Bruins are on their course to prove it.

Old
06-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Protest the Hero

No way Crosby lifting the cup compares to this, even Justin Williams lifting the cup that year isn't as bad as this.

I think I'll literally be sick to my stomach if I have to see them win.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:00 AM
PhysicX

I will not agree with both of you guys until the Stanley Cup is lifted. For sure, it seems like every bounce is going Boston's way, whether it is in game or by the league. But to say that the good guys never win is such a fallacy. I still have faith in watching the Boston Bruins with one knee on the ground and their heads facing downwards. Keep the faith guys!!

Last edited by PhysicX: 06-10-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old
06-10-2011, 10:08 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less Habitats View Post
No way Crosby lifting the cup compares to this, even Justin Williams lifting the cup that year isn't as bad as this.

I think I'll literally be sick to my stomach if I have to see them win.
I hate the Bruins so much that I won't bother watching the remaining of the series. Just seeing Lucic, Marchand, Ference and Chara makes me puke.

Last edited by habitue*: 06-10-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old
06-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Bill McNeal

Just throwing this out there: Canucks are 0-2 when we make a GDT on our board.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:52 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Just throwing this out there: Canucks are 0-2 when we make a GDT on our board.
HAHAHAHAHAHA... Nevermind I should cry then

Old
06-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Mr San Diego Hab
Mosdell = Cup Champ

This series is going 7 games.

Vancouver wins tonight 3-1.

As with others on this board, the thought of Boston winning the cup makes me a bit sick. The only guy on the B’s I am OK with is Thomas (American boy who has worked his *ss off to get the chance at a cup).

Old
06-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

As long as Vancouver stays focused and avoids all the post whistle scrums that Boston likes to start, they should win. I think Luongo has already met his quota of bad games and should be good the rest of the way.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:19 AM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

This.

Boston could have easily won the first two games in Vancouver. They were very close. The games in Boston, on the other hand, were complete dominance. You cannot take away what the Bruins have done to the Canucks in the last two and seem to have found their mojo after the Horton hit.

The Canucks have had difficulties with defensive squads. Teams like Nashville, Montreal, Boston, and Minnesota have given them fits this season and in the past. I do not see this trend ending tonight.

I can safely say that both of these teams are a disgrace to hockey with their cheap and dirty play. Can I hope for no Cup being awarded in 2011?

Old
06-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

If the Canucks lose, the series might as well be over. I don't see them coming out of the Garden alive.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:21 PM
neofury*

If the Canucks actually blow this I'll hate them even more than I already did. If Boston actually wins this I'll hate them even more than I already did.

If Luongo actually blows this I'll think he's an even bigger choker than he already was.

I honestly see Luo out there and he looks gassed. I really hope I'm wrong but he looks very tired. Maybe they shouldn't have played him so many games just to be 1st in the west... long story short say they rested Luo and lost 5-10 more games (OTL here or there too) they'd still be in the mix and Luo would be more fresh. Maybe he just can't deal with the pressure of playing up to 28 straight playoff games.

All I know is he's choking and Thomas is shining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan View Post
This.

Boston could have easily won the first two games in Vancouver. They were very close. The games in Boston, on the other hand, were complete dominance. You cannot take away what the Bruins have done to the Canucks in the last two and seem to have found their mojo after the Horton hit.

The Canucks have had difficulties with defensive squads. Teams like Nashville, Montreal, Boston, and Minnesota have given them fits this season and in the past. I do not see this trend ending tonight.

I can safely say that both of these teams are a disgrace to hockey with their cheap and dirty play. Can I hope for no Cup being awarded in 2011?
At least I can say the Canucks fan base for the most part seems less hypocritical about it. The Bruins fan base are a ****ing joke. They cry for sympathy cause of Savard, Horton, etc but it's the game they play that causes those types of injuries to happen. If you play dirty now and then you'll get a taste of your own medicine. It's just how things work, an eye for an eye. The Canucks aren't some chump team Boston can just walk all over but when you have no goaltending (choker) it's hard for your offense to stay confident. Luongo couldn't buy a win right now if the NHL allowed him to have a brick wall behind him.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:29 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
If the Canucks actually blow this I'll hate them even more than I already did. If Boston actually wins this I'll hate them even more than I already did.

If Luongo actually blows this I'll think he's an even bigger choker than he already was.

I honestly see Luo out there and he looks gassed. I really hope I'm wrong but he looks very tired. Maybe they shouldn't have played him so many games just to be 1st in the west... long story short say they rested Luo and lost 5-10 more games (OTL here or there too) they'd still be in the mix and Luo would be more fresh. Maybe he just can't deal with the pressure of playing up to 28 straight playoff games.

At least I can say the Canucks fan base for the most part seems less hypocritical about it. The Bruins fan base are a ****ing joke. They cry for sympathy cause of Savard, Horton, etc but it's the game they play that causes those types of injuries to happen. If you play dirty now and then you'll get a taste of your own medicine. It's just how things work, an eye for an eye. The Canucks aren't some chump team Boston can just walk all over but when you have no goaltending (choker) it's hard for your offense to stay confident. Luongo couldn't buy a win right now if the NHL allowed him to have a brick wall behind him.
Bruins had a 4-0 lead in game three at end of 2nd period. Why didn't the coach take him out to try and change some momentum for next game and give Luongo a break. Instead AV lets him get peppered in the 3rd.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
If the Canucks lose, the series might as well be over. I don't see them coming out of the Garden alive.
Agreed, Vancouver isn't winning game 6 IMO, so they need to win both home games

Old
06-10-2011, 01:00 PM
One Trick Pony

Boston will win in OT off a lucky bounce

And then destroy them on home ice once again..

Old
06-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Bryson

Quote:

I really don't understand why Luongo was left in for 8 freakin goals. It seems like that just allowed boston to get into his dead. And why risk injury?

Also, I understand that lou is your guy but schnieder has looked really good every time he has been in net.

Old
06-10-2011, 01:11 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Bruins had a 4-0 lead in game three at end of 2nd period. Why didn't the coach take him out to try and change some momentum for next game and give Luongo a break. Instead AV lets him get peppered in the 3rd.
The Canucks had made too many mistakes in the 4 first games to hope stopping the wave and reverse it.

the Burrows incident and Lapierre's antics were already bad omen.
The Rome vs Horton incident was a motivational kick in the butt for the whole Bruins team
That Luongo's meltdown is the cherry on the sundea.

I don't see how the Canucks can recover from all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
I really don't understand why Luongo was left in for 8 freakin goals. It seems like that just allowed boston to get into his dead. And why risk injury?

Also, I understand that lou is your guy but schnieder has looked really good every time he has been in net.
Schneider is their Halak. They should just put him in the net for the rest of the series.

Last edited by Habs 4 Life: 06-10-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old
06-10-2011, 01:45 PM
bipolarhabfan

Quote:

I am a neutral fan in this series and either way, will hate one team more than the other at the end of it.

Since I live in Vancouver and, unfortunately, have to deal with them I know this to be the case. However, it is a question of degree rather than there being a significant difference between the two fan bases.

Old
06-10-2011, 01:54 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

I think Vancouver bounces back tonight, they better or it's over.

Honestly is there any way both teams could just get the flu and cancel the whole thing? That would be much more preferable than any other outcome imo.

Old
06-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Bill McNeal

Having just watched Milbury's 'Thelma and Louise' comment, I have to ask: What's up with Boston's misogyny issues. I mean, God help you if you have a brother playing in the league because you'll forever be known as the 'sisters' to them. I wonder if Brent and Wayne were the Gretzky sisters back in the day...

But seriously, what does 'Thelma and Louise' even mean? They weren't siblings, they weren't known for being weak (which is what Milbury implies), so he's basically just saying the Sedins are women. Wow. That's some scathing criticism there Mike. He may as well have just called them Brooke Shields and Billie Jean King.

Closed Thread