HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov

Old
06-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
man I think Anisimov as the 3C would be awesome and give this team a ton of depth.

Richards
Stepan
Anisimov

That's a great set of centers IMO, and you can't do a lot better without having 2 legit superstars (like the Pens).

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleOleOleOleBureBure View Post
here is my take on this. i do believe that artie is on the market which is a clear sign that Richards is coming. i dont think Slats wants to trade artie but with richards as 1c and stepan as 2c, artie is expandable. now nobody is saying to give this kid away, he will be a very decent nhl player even coming close to point per game during his peak year or two. artie never played on the wing and management probably thinks its not a good idea to play him there. i like him a lot but i do agree that playing him on 3c would be a waste.

In my opinion, Slats is very much in the know with what is going on inside the Oilers organization. He probably will know who they want to take at the 1st slot. point here is that we might not need the make a trade for the 1st overall pick but maybe 2nd or 3rd. i would consider trading Artie, our first this year and first next year for the right to take Larson. price is steep, i agree. maybe a 2nd comes back next year or this year. larson looks like an elite player, and we most probably wont be able to draft such caliber player at 15 this year and most probably with our pick next year.
I don't have a problem with arty as 3c. Our big problem over the past couple of years has been depth at center. If you can have 3 great centers (ala Pens), You can balance ice time out so you can have more balanced scoring. If we trade Arty, who is gunna be our number 3?

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:42 AM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
man I think Anisimov as the 3C would be awesome and give this team a ton of depth.

Richards
Stepan
Anisimov

That's a great set of centers IMO, and you can't do a lot better without having 2 legit superstars (like the Pens).
If the Rangers are able to get Richards, I think a shutdown line with Anisimov as the centerman would be among the best in the league. Hagelin-Anisimov-Lindberg = defensive nightmare, in a good way.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Levitate

^^^ They still need to score goals too but those guys do have some potential for that at least. But what about Prust, etc?

Yea, while the Rangers recent problems have been top six, and top line scoring in general, you can't neglect the third lines (or even the fourth line) just because "oh it's the third line it just has to exist".

Having a real good center for the third line helps a lot

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:48 AM
asparkoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
If the Rangers are able to get Richards, I think a shutdown line with Anisimov as the centerman would be among the best in the league. Hagelin-Anisimov-Lindberg = defensive nightmare, in a good way.
That'd be unreal. Youd have top end scoring on your first line, solid secondary scoring second line, defensive shutdown 3rd line with offensive pop, and a great energy line.

Wolski - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Step - Callahan
Hagelin - AA - Lindberg
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

hell to the yeah.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:50 AM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
^^^ They still need to score goals too but those guys do have some potential for that at least. But what about Prust, etc?

Yea, while the Rangers recent problems have been top six, and top line scoring in general, you can't neglect the third lines (or even the fourth line) just because "oh it's the third line it just has to exist".

Having a real good center for the third line helps a lot
Each of those players will be, at least, 10-15 goal scorers, IMO. Add in their excellent defensive qualities, and that's one hell of a third line.

As for Prust, 4th line with Boyle and other energy LW.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:04 AM
free0717

I dont see the Rangers trading Anisimov unless someone sends something back of great value ie first pick in the draft. I know if the first pick came back, it would be Anisimov+

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:07 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
here is my take on this. i do believe that artie is on the market which is a clear sign that Richards is coming. i dont think Slats wants to trade artie but with richards as 1c and stepan as 2c, artie is expandable. now nobody is saying to give this kid away, he will be a very decent nhl player even coming close to point per game during his peak year or two. artie never played on the wing and management probably thinks its not a good idea to play him there. i like him a lot but i do agree that playing him on 3c would be a waste.

In my opinion, Slats is very much in the know with what is going on inside the Oilers organization. He probably will know who they want to take at the 1st slot. point here is that we might not need the make a trade for the 1st overall pick but maybe 2nd or 3rd. i would consider trading Artie, our first this year and first next year for the right to take Larson. price is steep, i agree. maybe a 2nd comes back next year or this year. larson looks like an elite player, and we most probably wont be able to draft such caliber player at 15 this year and most probably with our pick next year.
Is Staal is being wasted as 3C by Pens? What happened to him when Crosby and Malkin got injured? What would happen if BR or Stepan get injured? What's our depth at center if AA is traded even if we sign BR?

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:13 AM
OleOleOleOleBureBure

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Is Staal is being wasted as 3C by Pens? What happened to him when Crosby and Malkin got injured? What would happen if BR or Stepan get injured? What's our depth at center if AA is traded even if we sign BR?
Boyle could be the 3c. i would move artie to get larsson. i am not throwing him away. we would be getting value back. i am not very impressed with staal as 3c sorry. and when he moved up to 2c or even 1c he was still about .75 ppg

OleOleOleOleBureBure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:15 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusted View Post
That'd be unreal. Youd have top end scoring on your first line, solid secondary scoring second line, defensive shutdown 3rd line with offensive pop, and a great energy line.

Wolski - Richards - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Step - Callahan
Hagelin - AA - Lindberg
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust

hell to the yeah.
I liked AA as part of Pack line. Step could get a next season wingers from the likes of Grachev / Hagelin / Avery / MZA. Otherwise I'm excited about our roster for next season.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:19 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Boyle could be the 3c. i would move artie to get larsson. i am not throwing him away. we would be getting value back. i am not very impressed with staal as 3c sorry. and when he moved up to 2c or even 1c he was still about .75 ppg
You might not be impressed but his contribution at 3C was a big reason for Pens to get to the Finals one year and win it all the next.

Boyle would be average at 3C whereas he was above average as 4C with Prust and Fedotenko. So with him at 4C the Rangers are obviously a better team.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:26 AM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
So...your saying Jordan Staal is a 4c then?

I'd seriously have to discredit anything you contribute to this board if you honestly feel J.Staal is somehow not impressive as a 3c and not worthy of being a 2c either, becasue that only leave 4c and Jordan Staal is >>>>>>>> 4c.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

Quote:

Staal Is a 2c on most teams. If he doesn't impress you at 3c, I'm not sure if you could be impressed with any one lol.

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:55 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Oh come on guys, 49-point third line centers are a dime a dozen. Don't you know?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:56 AM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Oh come on guys, 49-point third line centers are a dime a dozen. Don't you know?

Ones that are Selke finalists are pretty lame as well, man.

Old
06-10-2011, 07:18 PM
NY Ranger86

Anisimov + + + for Kane (Jets)??

PLEASE

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Mint Berry Crunch
hfbrods pls...

Send a message via AIM to Mint Berry Crunch
Not even gonna lie, I forgot Eklund even existed. Every year, over the course of the season - my recollection of the guy fades and fades and fades until it's gone... and then July 1st starts nearing itself and the ********* gets hungry for hits on his site.

Mint Berry Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
Anisimov + + + for Kane (Jets)??

PLEASE
doubt that happens..

id love Kane or Ladd but it would take Anisimov Girardi and a first round pick. that is alot for one player.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:41 AM
free0717

First of all we cant trade AA till at least we sign Richards. Because if we dont sign Richards and Trade AA, we are in trouble.

I really dont like the idea of trading AA. I think his game is going to progress.
Seems to have alot of chemistry with Cally and Dubi. If we sign Richards, we should have a 4 deep center of Richards, AA, Stepan and Boyle. I am a big believer in having good players who can score throught the lineup. I am also a big believer in rolling 4 lines. It keeps the forwards fresh and ready for a big 3rd period.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:51 AM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
doubt that happens..

id love Kane or Ladd but it would take Anisimov Girardi and a first round pick. that is alot for one player.
Can we get both?

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote