Notices

Calgary - Ottawa

Old
06-09-2011, 05:32 PM
fischy13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Mod-edit: deleted. I criticized the trade proposal because it was completely one-sided in the Flames' favour. Heck, everyone else agrees. Mod-edit: deleted.

Second, you made a trade suggestion based on Eklund's rumour, which has obvious holes in it. Actually, your trade idea went beyond his rumour by including players who have no ties to the cities quoted. For instance, Spezza has no ties to Calgary and Bouwmeester has never resided in the Ottawa area.

Third, if you thought it was ridiculous and far-fetched, why not just say so in the first place? Your post now just looks like you're trying to save face after people have pointed out how lopsided it is. And now I've pointed out further holes in your argument.
How am I trying to save face?? It says RIGHT THERE in the last line, that I'm not suggesting this is fair, which is my original post.

fischy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2011, 05:39 PM
fischy13

Quote:
Mod-edit: deleted. I criticized the trade proposal because it was completely one-sided in the Flames' favour. Heck, everyone else agrees. Mod-edit: deleted.

Second, you made a trade suggestion based on Eklund's rumour, which has obvious holes in it. Actually, your trade idea went beyond his rumour by including players who have no ties to the cities quoted. For instance, Spezza has no ties to Calgary and Bouwmeester has never resided in the Ottawa area.

Third, if you thought it was ridiculous and far-fetched, why not just say so in the first place? Your post now just looks like you're trying to save face after people have pointed out how lopsided it is. And now I've pointed out further holes in your argument.
Again, did you actually read my post?? It specifically says that a trade couldn't possibly only include players from hometown teams, and for it to be "BIG" Spezza and Bouwmeester are included because who else from these 2 teams has been rumored to be traded, which also have the "BIG" tag?

Old
06-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischy13 View Post
Again, did you actually read my post?? It specifically says that a trade couldn't possibly only include players from hometown teams, and for it to be "BIG" Spezza and Bouwmeester are included because who else from these 2 teams has been rumored to be traded, which also have the "BIG" tag?
The only people who have speculated that Spezza and Bouwmeester are on the trading block are people with way too much time on their hands and spend way too much time on their computers.

If you think your trade proposal is asinine, then don't post it and save everyone the trouble.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Northern Neighbour

I was referring to Eklund and some of the posters on this site that make up rumours.

And going back to your proposal, Ottawa is loaded with defensive prospects, so why would they trade for Bouwmeester? Your trade proposal actually may make some sense if Calgary was removed from the equation, but LA would have to add more than just Schenn and Hickey. Hickey's value isn't very high as his ceiling isn't that high.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:24 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
The only people who have speculated that Spezza and Bouwmeester are on the trading block are people with way too much time on their hands and spend way too much time on their computers.

If you think your trade proposal is asinine, then don't post it and save everyone the trouble.
really? Come on man, it was just a thought based on a pointless Eklund speculation. If you think it is so stupid why bother even reading the thread.

The only thing that is asinine is your *****ing.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
really? Come on man, it was just a thought based on a pointless Eklund speculation. If you think it is so stupid why bother even reading the thread.

The only thing that is asinine is your *****ing.
Like yourself, I'll post my opinions when I see fit. At least when I post something I put some thought and effort into it and give an explanation.

And take your own advice; if you don't like what I have to say then don't read it.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:30 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Like yourself, I'll post my opinions when I see fit. At least when I post something I put some thought and effort into it and give an explanation.

And take your own advice; if you don't like what I have to say then don't read it.
Hey i'm just trying to stick up for a fellow poster, because someone is raking him over the coals over a funny "what if " post. Seriously, don't be so serious. I really have nothing to say on this so I'm out.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Hey i'm just trying to stick up for a fellow poster, because someone is raking him over the coals over a funny "what if " post. Seriously, don't be so serious. I really have nothing to say on this so I'm out.
That's fair. My bad.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:53 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
That's fair. My bad.
....post 1337. lol.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:05 AM
fischy13

Quote:
I was referring to Eklund and some of the posters on this site that make up rumours.

And going back to your proposal, Ottawa is loaded with defensive prospects, so why would they trade for Bouwmeester? Your trade proposal actually may make some sense if Calgary was removed from the equation, but LA would have to add more than just Schenn and Hickey. Hickey's value isn't very high as his ceiling isn't that high.
I'm basing my proposal on what eklund is speculating, what purpose would my post have if it had nothing to do with what Eklund was hinting at?

Considering we lost Erixon, and IF we were to traded Bouwmeester, would Ottawa not be ideal then to get some of the prospects that Ottawa is "loaded" with to replace them, we have enough veteran, you'd think we would want young d-men.

I actually put more effort into the OP than most of my other ones. Anyone speculating on this rumor looks up the players on the teams that are from the hometown of the other teams.

Again, I can't stress enough that this proposal was limited based on the rumor/hint. It has to include hometown players, and BIG name players as Eklund suggests, otherwise it wouldn't be in this thread. Rediculous or not, thats all anyone speculating has to work with.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
I'll keep this simple, 3 way trades in the NHL are uncommon and it also uncommon that players with big and heavy contracts are moved. Any scenerio to develop here is highly unprobable, to me this is vintage Eklund, trying to lead readers on in an attempt to get more hits on his site. Sometimes his rumors have some legs, but I don't see any validity here.

The only player the Flames would want from Ottawa is Spezza, Spezza is so valuable to the Sen's that IF he was moved Murray would be looking for an astronomical return. Calgary can basically offer Bouw, and that will not get it done.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischy13 View Post
I'm basing my proposal on what eklund is speculating, what purpose would my post have if it had nothing to do with what Eklund was hinting at?

Considering we lost Erixon, and IF we were to traded Bouwmeester, would Ottawa not be ideal then to get some of the prospects that Ottawa is "loaded" with to replace them, we have enough veteran, you'd think we would want young d-men.

I actually put more effort into the OP than most of my other ones. Anyone speculating on this rumor looks up the players on the teams that are from the hometown of the other teams.

Again, I can't stress enough that this proposal was limited based on the rumor/hint. It has to include hometown players, and BIG name players as Eklund suggests, otherwise it wouldn't be in this thread. Rediculous or not, thats all anyone speculating has to work with.
Ottawa is in the midst of a rebuilding process. If they were to deal one of their young defensemen, they would want a comparable, high-end, young forward in return. Calgary doesn't have many young, high-end forwards that they can deal and Ottawa doesn't seem to be interested in acquiring older players that litter the Flames' roster.

As I stated before, the problem with Eklund's "rumour" is that the two teams aren't good fits to make a deal. Eklund probably realizes this and, therefore, is assuming a third team like LA would need to be involved. Even then, I don't see a big trade happening that involves Ottawa and Calgary. Any deal that involves the two teams likely will be quite small in nature, involving role players, draft picks, and/or mid-level prospects.