HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards News Part III (Dallas Not Offering Contract)

View Poll Results: What is the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM you would pay Brad Richards?
$6 over 5 years 17 13.39%
$6.5 over 6 years 18 14.17%
$7 over 6 years 41 32.28%
$7 over 7 years 17 13.39%
$7.5 over 7 years 23 18.11%
$7.5 over 8 years 4 3.15%
$8 over 8 years 1 0.79%
$8.5 over 8 years 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2011, 10:11 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Not to nitpick, but SuperSonic, Stastny isn't 24. He turns 26 in December. Still very young for a guy of his caliber, but just saying. (I was too lazy to quote you, I'm on my phone)
My fault, I thought he was a little younger.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:31 AM
NikC

if Richards doesn't work out i hope they try to make a pitch for Spezza in the event Ottawa would move him.

Anisimov, MZA, MDZ, prospect, pick?

if Dubinksy's on the table that could work, and we could sign
Liach as a replacement...

Old
06-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Levitate

Pretty sure that Ottawa doesn't need any more defensemen

Old
06-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
if Richards doesn't work out i hope they try to make a pitch for Spezza in the event Ottawa would move him.

I would think the Stastny and Spezza rumors will pick up right away

as a Ranger fan rather sign a UFA in Richards then give up an Anisimov,Del Zotto package for Spezza. I think MZA plus a pick gets too much but who knows

Old
06-10-2011, 11:45 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I would think the Stastny and Spezza rumors will pick up right away

as a Ranger fan rather sign a UFA in Richards then give up an Anisimov,Del Zotto package for Spezza. I think MZA plus a pick gets too much but who knows
agreed. Richards is plan A. We'll know more as July 1st approaches, but this is BR's last contract and he'll do what he wants. Sather is not one to wait around and i'm sure there will be deals made immediately if Richards goes elsewhere.

People say Richards only costs money, and that's true, but the way i look at it is... If Richards signs elsewhere we need to make a trade to bring the top line center. We can always utilize the UFA market to replace the players moved in the latter deal to land a Spezza or a Stastny. it's all a wash.

I'm convinced the Rangers would do more than just sign richards anyway. If Dubinsky is sent to Ottawa, he would be replaced admirably by either Laich, Flieshmen, or may Jussi jonkinen. I prefer Laich.

Old
06-10-2011, 11:57 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Please no!

Old
06-10-2011, 12:20 PM
Blueblood 2

Tampa is the only team I see Richards going to for less money than others. No tax there also helps. He will go for the bucks/contract terms, that is what it's always all about. Don't kid yourselves. Who will pay the most? That is the destination. Hope under those terms, it is not Rangers.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:24 PM
asparkoflife

Quote:

this sounds like a terrible idea.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:32 PM
xxxZENxxx

My belief is that if Statsny and Spezza are available, we could legitimately complete a solid & fair hockey deal with only Colorado. The problem with Ottawa is that GM Brian Murray is impossible to deal with. He is notorious for wanting way more for a player than what he is worth. For his best player (Spezza), he would want some type of package like Callahan, McD, Kreider, and a 1st... or something along those lines. Something ridiculous... basically. Though I would love to have Spezza, I just don't think it is even possible. Statsny is intriguing.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:40 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusted View Post
this sounds like a terrible idea.
and your idea is...

Old
06-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
and your idea is...
Seriously...there needs to be a plan B. And I'm sure there is.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:46 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Plan B: trade for Crosby, I would be willing to part with Prust, MAYBE Anisimov. I haven't decided yet.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
My belief is that if Statsny and Spezza are available, we could legitimately complete a solid & fair hockey deal with only Colorado. The problem with Ottawa is that GM Brian Murray is impossible to deal with. He is notorious for wanting way more for a player than what he is worth. For his best player (Spezza), he would want some type of package like Callahan, McD, Kreider, and a 1st... or something along those lines. Something ridiculous... basically. Though I would love to have Spezza, I just don't think it is even possible. Statsny is intriguing.
Dealing with Murray won't be easy. Heatley was a different situation, but look at the a package he would up taking from San Jose?

Michalek, CheeChoo, and 2nd round pick? We could have easily built a package around dubinsky for heater. I would take Heatley over dubinksy in a hearbeat.

Some here think dubinsky is going to become a 70-80p player, but i don't think it'll ever happen. He's a 50-60p forward. An R.J. Umberger.

If BR goes in a different direction, this team needs to make a move. I would have no problem moving Dubinsky in a deal for Spezza, when we could easily pick up a Laich, Fleishman, etc. as a UFA.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Seriously...there needs to be a plan B. And I'm sure there is.
Plan B is to not do anything as far as center is concerned.

This team was a bubble playoff team this year, although they spent most of the season in the 6 spot. If Anisimov, Stepan and the rookie Ds take another step forward this year (which isn't totally out of the realm of possibility... young players do tend to improve over time), then they should be safely ensconced in the 4-6 realm of the conference. If things go REALLY right, then they could compete for the division.

People make the same mistake every off-season of thinking that our young players are going to play exactly the same as they did the previous year. I think Callahan, Dubinsky and Girardi are what they are at this point. I think Staal is probably where he will be, but might still take another step forward. But there are other important pieces that have room for natural improvement.

Plan B is to stay the course.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Please no!
I would stop being a Ranger fan if they made that move...that is a horrible, horrible trade.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Dealing with Murray won't be easy. Heatley was a different situation, but look at the a package he would up taking from San Jose?

Michalek, CheeChoo, and 2nd round pick? We could have easily built a package around dubinsky for heater. I would take Heatley over dubinksy in a hearbeat.

Some here think dubinsky is going to become a 70-80p player, but i don't think it'll ever happen. He's a 50-60p forward. An R.J. Umberger.

If BR goes in a different direction, this team needs to make a move. I would have no problem moving Dubinsky in a deal for Spezza, when we could easily pick up a Laich, Fleishman, etc. as a UFA.
Dany Heatley had 64 points last year and showed no heart or desire in the playoffs.

Dubi played most of the 2nd half of the season with a stress facture...kid is all heart...makes total sense to dump him for another big name, no heart talent...kinda like Spezza.

Old
06-10-2011, 12:57 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:

I've had the impression for awhile, moreso after the Heatley trade, that Murray does not care for Sather/the Rangers.

Despite his string of jobs with several teams, I believe the last trade Murray made with the Rangers occurred in 1991, when he worked for the Red Wings.

Old
06-10-2011, 01:08 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
People say Richards only costs money, and that's true, but the way i look at it is... If Richards signs elsewhere we need to make a trade to bring the top line center. We can always utilize the UFA market to replace the players moved in the latter deal to land a Spezza or a Stastny. it's all a wash.
No, it's not, because UFAs generally cost more than RFAs. And there are a limited number of UFAs available that are any good. And who says any of those players sign with us?

Replacing key players of the team's core isn't nearly as easy as you make it out to be.

Old
06-10-2011, 01:08 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
I would stop being a Ranger fan if they made that move...that is a horrible, horrible trade.
Donít let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Dany Heatley had 64 points last year and showed no heart or desire in the playoffs.

Dubi played most of the 2nd half of the season with a stress facture...kid is all heart...makes total sense to dump him for another big name, no heart talent...kinda like Spezza.
Sure itís a real fair comparison to compare one of Heatleyís seasons to Dubinskyís. If you think These two players are on the same level, then I donít have much to discuss with you. All good players play with injuries. Am I supposed to get teary-eyed because Dubinsky did?
Duby is R.J. Umberger, nothing more.

Itís your free opinion not to like somoneís trade Idea, I could care less. But to make appeal for One player above another based upon ďheartĒ is pretty subjective. Basically worthless imo.

Iíll take some ďno heartĒ talented forwards for a top scoring line. Iíve had enough of 1 top six forward
And a Frankenstein assembly of third line grinders and perimeter 2nd line players.

Old
06-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Donít let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out...

Sure itís a real fair comparison to compare one of Heatleyís seasons to Dubinskyís. If you think These two players are on the same level, then I donít have much to discuss with you. All good players play with injuries. Am I supposed to get teary-eyed because Dubinsky did?
Duby is R.J. Umberger, nothing more.

Itís your free opinion not to like somoneís trade Idea, I could care less. But to make appeal for One player above another based upon ďheartĒ is pretty subjective. Basically worthless imo.

Iíll take some ďno heartĒ talented forwards for a top scoring line. Iíve had enough of 1 top six forward
And a Frankenstein assembly of third line grinders and perimeter 2nd line players.
Just... wow. I wish you were being sarcastic. Most of this is just unbelievably out of touch with reality.

Old
06-10-2011, 01:13 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
No, it's not, because UFAs generally cost more than RFAs. And there are a limited number of UFAs available that are any good. And who says any of those players sign with us?

Replacing key players of the team's core isn't nearly as easy as you make it out to be.
Why are we clearing cap space? They're making moves one way or the other. There are what ifs for every scenario man. We're swapping salaries in trades. Spezza over Duby is a win for me. We can pick up another 50p wing via UFA, why is this so difficult?

Old
06-10-2011, 01:14 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Heatley scored 26 goals this year with the Sharks.

No thanks, I'll keep Dubinsky. And I don't have a mancrush on him like most of ya'll here do.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
06-10-2011, 01:15 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Just... wow. I wish you were being sarcastic. Most of this is just unbelievably out of touch with reality.
this coming from someone with MZA as an avatar? I'm out of touch with reality? Keep chasing pipe dreams with the Norwegian midget making our top six.

Old
06-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
this coming from someone with MZA as an avatar? I'm out of touch with reality? Keep chasing pipe dreams with the Norwegian midget making our top six.
You are angry...you are the one who put the insane prospal on the board.

I got a great talented guy with no heart...Nik Zherdev, oh wait, that was another failed experience.

Old
06-10-2011, 01:19 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Heatley scored 26 goals this year with the Sharks.

No thanks, I'll keep Dubinsky. And I don't have a mancrush on him like most of ya'll here do.
really he did? Gaborik scored 22g Should we move Gabs for Cogliano?

Closed Thread